Which is the better film?

Which is the better film?

Cap.
I love pulp style movies.

Cap was far better, he can actually act

Wonder Woman was a dreary gray ride filled with dull uninteresting characters and an annoyingly naive superheroine

Cap in contrast had color, fun characters and a humble likeable main character.

Cap First Avenger was half of a good film, followed by a montage and a rushed ending.

Wonder Woman’s weakest link in the chain was a final boss fight, with everything else being a strong dedication to the character.

Wonder Woman was the best by far. Captain America was just filler before the Avengers.

eeeeeeh

>Evans got in shape for the role
>Gadot did not
I mean I'm not even gay but I want to fuck Chris more than Gal and she's a literal supermodel.

Cap is but for me thats only because they coped out and didnt use the weirder shit from wonder womans mythos. Still, it could have been way worse so Im happy with a competent film.
Also, I would have murdered someone to see a jacked wonder woman, but Gal is fine too.

WW. I haven't even seen the other one because why would I want to see a movie about a nazi?

Cap was better, Wonder Woman had a terrible third act, the villain was shit, her fight scenes were terrible because they had to have her use a sword in a PG-13 movie.

They both have really bad third acts.

>the villain was shit
What the absolute fuck were they thinking with making Ares Ron Weasley's dad? I didn't mind him using that form as a disguise but when he put on the armor and you could still see his fucking dorky face and mustache under the helmet and CGI bulk they had to put on his manlet ass I just couldn't take it seriously anymore.

Cap by a small margin. It has an absolutely spectacular first half while crashing in the second, while WW has an only moderately good first two thirds while falling over itself in the home stretch.

Girl power over glorified patriarchy

>Ron Weasley's dad?

He was Remus Lupin, and played him as "your favorite gay uncle, on smack" as according to Cuaron.

Captain America

so much so that Blunder Bitch had to rip him off completely

To be fair if Wonder Woman was a complete ripoff of Captain America, wouldn't it be set in WW2 instead WW1?

...You do realise there's a difference?

I'd have to go with Captain America.

When it comes to setting, situation, and side characters, I think Wonder Woman comes out ahead. We don't get enough stories about WWI, and it's a fascinating time in human history. Old arisotocracies fall apart, and technology advanced faster than traditional military tactics, which caused bloodshed unseen before in Europe. Even Paradise Island was a cool place to look at and be in.

But man, I just re-watched Wonder Woman with my family, and Diana just comes off as this weird cult member that Chris Pine has to deal with. I totally get why she keeps talking about Ares -- she's naive about the world and wants to believe in the world of man -- but it makes her come off as this distant, crazy character that I don't have a lot of sympathy for. A global genocide is about to happen, Steve Trevor is desperately trying to put a plan together to stop it, and Diana keeps going I MUST STOP ARES.

Steve Trevor could have been the main character and the movie would have been better for it. In fact, you could tell the writers connected with his plight more than Diana's. Plus, there's the classic problem of saying Wonder Woman is the ambassador for peace while she's tearing apart buildings and killing the shit out of half-starved German soldiers that don't even want to be there.

Captain America is lighter in tone and message, but all of its parts click together much better. I like Steve more as a person. His moments of sadness and self-doubt are explored a little more deeply, and he does his job anyway. His whole war journey is paced better than Diana's as well, who basically spent a week in Europe to beat up an army that was exhausted anyway.

Neither movie is bad, I should say. I'm looking forward to seeing a Wonder Woman who is more well-versed in the world, but her first movie didn't do a good job of having me like her.

To me it seemed like Diana was a special needs demigod Steve has to struggle to keep in check.
So that scene where they fucked came off more like Steve pity fucking the retard rather than the romantic tone they seemed to be aiming for.

>...You do realise there's a difference?
the makers of the "movie" sure didn't seeing as they made the bad guys nazis anyway

>Doesn't kill genuinely evil doctor who's personally responsible for the deaths of millions and enjoys that fact because "I'm better than this"
>After murdering several dozens of soldiers, many of whom were likely 18-20 year old conscripts

>a movie about a a would-be hero who beats up the bad guy and saves the world; period piece elements are superficial and inaccurate
vs
>a movie about a would-be hero who wanted to save the world coming to grips with the true nature of evil and realizing that what she wanted was a lie, and beating the bad guy was ultimately inconsequential, but still resolving to do what she can to help anyway; period piece elements are surprisingly accurate and figure into the plot in a major way, with the prejudices of the era also being a major part of several major characters' backstories
The former is better if you're a baby, the latter is better if you expect your superhero movies to be actual movies rather than anodyne toy commercials.

>So that scene where they fucked came off more like Steve pity fucking the retard rather than the romantic tone they seemed to be aiming for.
wait, they fucked? I don't remember this.

I haven't even seen WW (nor do I plan to) so I don't really have a dog in this race, but I loved the first Cap for this very reason. Even with the weak af third act, the pulpy fun keeps me coming back to it.

The fade to black when they went to bed after they did the slow dance in the town they captured from the Germens.

They are pretty much even, but gotta go with Cap. Evans doesn't kock it out of the park but gives a more solid performance. And that music number.

I liked WW but it had some really dumb shit in it.

I preferred that Cap kept a lid on things for the most part.

First Avenger is faithful to the Captain America mythology (Aside from the minor issue of Bucky being a kid) and stuff like his conversations with Abraham Erskine genuinely burnish the mythos.
You get a real idea of what Cap stands for as a human being that's true to the comics.

Wonder Woman's baffling decision to make the Amazons "Zeus' girls" and Diana into the Supreme Patriarch's personal kill-bot just completely baffles me.
Also, when Gadot's Diana moves past being a confused and undereducated rube, it becomes apparent that it was never acting.

Finally, the villains are just plain better in First Avenger. When WB/DC cedes memorable villains to Marvel, you know shit is going wrong.

>Even Paradise Island was a cool place to look at and be in.
Only place I disagree with you. I thought Paradise Island was a terribly boring place to be. It was filled with crumbling ruins that looked old and neglected by the time Diana came around, and that says to me that this isn't a place worth the upkeep. They didn't have giant statues to tie it into some sort of mythology or really anything that made me want to learn more about this strange, marvelous place, it seemed very humdrum. It never grabbed me in the way the retro-future World Of Tomorrow Expo in Cap 1 caught me, or how colorful, bombastic Asgard caught me in Thor 1. More than the hamminess of the main villain, I think their take on Paradise Island was what kept me from enjoying Wonder Woman more.

Steve and Diana's romance was handled way better than most romances have been in comic book movies.

>first cap
Wonder Woman

Tony x Pepper >>>>>>>>>> Steve x Diana

To be fair, Red Skull is still up there for best villains in the MCU, specifically because Hugo Weaving's a god-tier actor.
Professor Lupin can only do so much for that role.

But I do agree that there are several points over the course of First Avenger that are such pitch-perfect Captain America moments. No other MCU franchise has gotten that kind of emotional earnestness.

Objectively wrong.

Was it handled better than Steve x Peggy?

Captain America was up to the Marvel standard (the action was good, the jokes were good, the story is what we expect), Wondy had this weird ups and downs several times. As a Wondyfag I have a dozen scenes I absolutely love in the movie and another dozen which feels unnecessary and weird.

Also Marvel movies always operate on a big scale, even if it was about the danger of 'infinite war' Wonder Woman seemed more like a small time operation. The CGI was weak in WW for the most of the time as the side characters except Candy. The big bads were better in WW. It may sound heresy but I expected a more action (at least what we had was great).

Yes. Steve and Diana actually went through things together. Steve and Peggy just worked together.

I really liked the Ludendorff - Ares twist but it insantly made David Thewlis' performance weaker because Danny Huston was soo good damn menacing.

Yeah but Peggy's titties though

Cap.

WW was mostly boring outside of Pine and completely fell apart at the halfway mark. It was also full of annoying Snyderisms, presumably his input, like awkward slo-mo that turned the action into a drag. I give it props for understanding Diana, but it was severely overrated.

>The big bads were better in WW.
All the Blue and Orange must have fried your frontal lobes. The villains in the DCEU have just gotten progressively worse and worse with each film. In both the sense of writing and visual appeal, the current crop of villains in DC movies are worse than the Schumacher films even.
We are approaching Nuclear Man levels at this point.

Well in that respect Peggy and Steve are superior.

Doctor Poison is the best, and most qt villain in a very long time.

What's Dr. Poison's best line in the movie, in your opinion?

And at any point did it feel Like Steve didn't have to babysit Diana to keep her from murdering some politician or repeatedly teach her lessons about how morality isn't black an white?

>Diana just comes off as this weird cult member that Chris Pine has to deal with. I totally get why she keeps talking about Ares -- she's naive about the world and wants to believe in the world of man -- but it makes her come off as this distant, crazy character that I don't have a lot of sympathy for. A global genocide is about to happen, Steve Trevor is desperately trying to put a plan together to stop it, and Diana keeps going I MUST STOP ARES.
>Steve Trevor could have been the main character and the movie would have been better for it. In fact, you could tell the writers connected with his plight more than Diana's. Plus, there's the classic problem of saying Wonder Woman is the ambassador for peace while she's tearing apart buildings and killing the shit out of half-starved German soldiers that don't even want to be there.

So what you're saying is

MCU Steve would be the perfect foil DCU Diana? Because now I'm just a little sad that won't happen.

Steve x Peggy is better. It might be seen as rushed by some because we don't see them and their interactions over the course of Cap and the Commandos dealing with Hydra. But there was most likely a lot of off screen interaction that had them grow closer.

Diana x Steve is actually rushed as they meet and then after 3 days they fall in love with each other. Because the plot needs it to happen that way.

"The mask won't help"

And the laughter that follows.

>But there was most likely a lot of off screen interaction that had them grow closer.

How does that make the romance between them better if we never actually see it?

They are both kind of similar in ways. Both are set in a world war and then transition to the present. Hero with a shield, red and blue outfit. Evil Germans. Both include a team of random people from random places. A blonde American named Steve has to fly a plane and then possibly sacrifice himself.

BUT Cap is the story about a humble and clever everyman who finds a way to be a hero and then sacrifice himself.

WW is the story of a naive almost-indestructible demi-god who realizes she can't fix the world's problems.

I'd probably give Cap a slight edge myself. Cap1 is almost 20 minutes shorter than WW. I'd suggest you could cut 20 minutes from WW in places and it would be a better movie, but you could add 20 minutes to Cap1 (fill out the war montage) and it would be a better movie.

Although to be fair, WW is by-far the best of the newer DC movies. (Although Cap1 is not the best of the Marvel movies.)

That's it?
wow.

It's pretty funny in context.

>MCU Steve would be the perfect foil DCU Diana?
Shipping it now.

>Although to be fair, WW is by-far the best of the newer DC movies. (Although Cap1 is not the best of the Marvel movies.)
Irrelevant.

Name one villain better and more qt than Doctor Poison.

You can't.

I've own the movie, you know.

Both Steves died in a plane crash. There was a rag tag group on a mission they weren't supposed to take. Time piece.

WW is also a little Thorish. Including rag tag, fish out of water, god stuff. I saw WW twice already. It was a nothing narrative, but a symbolic movie for women.

Yawn.
Even Nolan's Coinface is superior to Dr. Poison.

Loki is a trash villain who's most notable moment was being rag dolled by The Hulk.

Hela's appearances in the trailers are better than the entirety of Dr. Poison in the full movie.
Fact.

They are the same. 3/5 stuff.

It's more believable for one. And the scenes they do have are better and more believable than Diana and Steve just magically falling in love after knowing each other for a few days.

The actors having chemistry also helps sell the characters affections towards each other. The chemistry between Evans and Atwell is leagues better than Pine and Gadots chemistry was.

Loki
Red Skull
Zemo
Ego
Ultron
Kingpin
Cottonmouth
And I'm willing to say Hela will be really good.

oh yeah Vulture too.

It's already established that you have shit opinions, doubling down isn't necessary.
Returns Catwoman
Superman II Faora
Rebecca Romijn Mystique
Angel Dust
Man of Shit Faora

All superior villain hotties. Dr. Poison is low-tier.

Some mad cunt at DC should have brought Nuclear Man into the comics

>Loki
le 9gag who mass murdered thousands but now is good gui
>Red Skull
DUDE NAZIS ARE EVIL LMAO
>Zemo
Who?
>Ego
Who?
>Ultron
Megatron?
>Kingpin
doesn't count
>Cottonmouth
Who?
>Hela
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>trying this hard

DC comics are so full of Evil Supermen that hardly anyone would notice.

Visually it's hard not to see him as Sentry though.

>replying with a 9gag-tier gif
Famalam...

Are you sure you're on the right website?

How does it feel liking a villain worse than Schwarzenegger Mr. Freeze?

absolutely shameful.
Don't you have a Pickle Rick thread to refresh?

Wonder Woman
>Consistent quality throughout, save for the shitty third act.
>Charismatic and likeable lead: But only an okay actress.
>Love interest was sexy and likeable.
>Overall story was so-so. Typical comic book origin movie paving the way for better future movies.
>WWI period piece with fantastical elements.

Cap
>Quality was all over the place, but has several high points that outdid anything in WW. Save for the shitty third act.
>Charismatic and likeable lead: But only an okay actor.
>Love interest was sexy and likeable.
>Overall story was so-so. Typical comic book origin movie paving the way for better future movies.
>WWII period piece with fantastical elements.

They're basically the same movie. The only thing that pushes Cap ahead was the villain.
Ares fucking sucked. Red Skull was great, because they actually got an actor who knows how to bring their A-game to even the most asinine of roles, and with Cap they didn't try to pull some silly fucking twist about who the villain was.

>Ego
>Ultron
Come on...

Obidiah Stane >>>>>> Dr. Poison (or any villain in WW).
>That tension as Pepper steals the data
>This particular moment
>That "BOX OF SCRAPS".

they aren't great but still better than any DCEU Villain. I mean that true of all the MCU villains but I figure I'd go with the ones that weren't total crap.

>but still better than any DCEU Villain

Nah Zod was great. Michael Shannon is like what said about Hugo weaving.

Literally none of those are qt. Stick to your lane newfag

Zod
Faora
Momma's Gonna Freak
Enchantress
Incubus
Hill Troll
Spazz Luthor
Dr. Poison
Gen. Ludendorff
Ares

The only villain up to par with Marvel in this list is Zod, who's right up there with Malekith and Ronan. None of them are even Thunderbolt Ross-tier. DC villains don't even get lines in the trailers anymore, and that's telling.

>Nah Zod was great

I like Shannon a lot, but even by comic books movie standards his motivation was baby-food tier

>I bred for war genetic purity best MUST CRUSH FILTHY HUMAN BUGS

He's practically Invader Zim.

Schwarzenegger Freeze is one of the greatest characters ever put to film pleb

He's exactly Malekith.

Imagine being so fresh from tumblr you still think Loki is actually a good villain.

That wasn't his motivation until he lost everything and you know it

Except that Zod is you know, good.

>Momma's Gonna Freak
>Enchantress
>Incubus

Does Suicide Squad have the worst set of comic book movie villains of all time?Oregon Golf

Before he lost everything he was even less interesting. He was Kate Winslet from Divergent on Krypton.

The only thing that would have made Zod more pathetic is if Lara had stomped his ass instead of Science Dad. For a genetically superior military commander from an advanced culture, he fought like some mindless Hulk villain in the entire movie.

A big step backwards from Superman II, whatever CGI vidyagaem kiddies might think.

Not only is he not a good cape movie villain, he's not even the best cape movie Zod.

And he's still better than any of marvels villains. Really makes you think.

I suppose Loki is a good cape movie villain?

...that you are a retarded fanboy? Sure does.

It does. It makes me think that memes are way too powerful and that reddit was the worst thing to happen to the planet.

o i am laffin

MCu villains, for the most part, fill their purpose in the narrative. They're 80's action movie villains.

DCEU villains are fucking embarrassing. Suicide Squad's antagonists were the worst in a cape movie since Sharon Stone in Catwoman.

What does that have to do with Man of Shit's Zod?

Aww poor baby is mad that marvel can't make a good villain.

Yea i really quaked with fear when Ultron quipped his way through the avengers and got steam rolled worse than Loki in the previous movie.

Great villains would tremble/10

It's baffling how the DCEU is churning out such shitty villain interpretations.
This was traditionally WB's strong-point with the cape movies. At the same time the effort clearly isn't going into fleshing out the Heroes Marvel-style.
The best performance in Wonder Woman is the sidekick they kill off. It is not going to be fun watching Gadot and tired Affleck trying to carry JL while the rest of the cast goofs around.