Is this series worth watching?

Is this series worth watching?

No.

Yeah, it's Big Mouth's prequel

mr enter told me it's shit so it must be shit

Holy shit, NO.

This might be the worst well assembled show ever made. They did exactly what they wanted to do with the show and it was plain old garbage. Not funny, irritating characters, and frankly kind of shitty animation.

let's put it this way: even this has good aspects. plus it was a lot more balanced politically than you think. also the daughter was great
but no. don't watch it. ever. the 'allen loves his ugly teacher' thing was enough to make it absolutely unpalatable

It's terrible. Like, I know Sup Forums has a reputation for hating everything but Allen Gregory is legitimately awful. The daughter was decent, as said... but that's it. She's a side character. The show is about the kid and his father. The show is truly and irredeemably awful. I think it lasted only 6 episodes or some other small number before it was cancelled.

Even though she looks like a code lyoko character?

Yeah, the forehead is distracting. But she's at least a tolerable person. I'd include her dad in that, but he's too... well... what's the gay equivalent of pussywhipped? Plus some Stockholm in there for good measure. Gregory's dad coerced him into a sexual relationship and uses a combination of emotional and psychological abuse as well as financial control (Gregory's dad is rich and pays for his catamite's daughter's schooling) to keep her dad with him.

hahaha wow, incel as fuck.

not really but it's a short series so you can watch it in less than half a day and judge it for yourself.

This show made me so mad in how much I hated these characters.

That's remarkably fucked up.

Like, that alone would turn me away from the show -- it's horrid.

Post yourself, pussy.

But yeah, OP, Allen Gregory isn't worth watching unless you want a crash course in making an unappealing pile of vomit. IT's not even a "so bad it's good" situation.

It gets played for laughs, too.

I'm of the opinion that just because a character is gay or female or not-white doesn't mean you can't make them terrible people. But in a comedy show, you may want to avoid making one of your main characters a creepy emotionally abusive and controlling rapist. Gregory's dad broke up his lover's marriage, took him and his daughter in because he had no place to go and uses his higher social station to belittle his lover constantly and his access to his large wealth to control his blue collar partner. "Stay with me, or you and your daughter will be out on the street." while he and Allen constantly insult the daughter and treat her like shit.

It's the problem the Family Guy writers realized they ran into a season or two ago: they'd made everyone in the cast almost completely unlikable, which meant they could only tell stories that consisted of 'look how terrible this terrible person is? isn't that shocking and funny'. In Allen Gregory's case, the main character and his father start at that point.

Yeah, no -- that's too fucked for me.

I'd be legit angry watching that shit.

The TV-watching audience shared your opinion, which is why it died after less than a single season. Some shows are so bad they're good. Allan Gregory is not one of them. It's just bad.

I thought the daughter was adopted

They redesigned what could've been the show's one saving grace.

So, no.

No, but if liberals ask you about it, recommend it on a heartbeat, it basically a show making jokes of them.

Yeah. IIRC, 's a bit off on some details. Jeremy had a wife and kid(s), but was pulled out of that life and into an emotionally abusive homosexual relationship with Richard. I believe the Cambodian daughter was said to have been recently adopted in the very first episode.

>Jonah Hill

Things he's in are only ever good in spite of his presence. Having him as the sole protagonist is fatal.

> dick-notized?

Its pretentious shit that fails to be clever. This makes it beyond horrible.

>Is this series worth watching?
Hell no.

But the song is pure kino

I watched this when I was 12 and thought Family Guy was the height of comedy. Even then I knew Allen Gregory was a smelly, runny piece of shit.

what do you mean redesigned?

I've no interest in watching this just on the grounds that it seems to have the art style of a fucking car insurance commercial. It would be mind-meltingly exhausting to watch 20 straight minutes of car insurance animation.

Fuck.

*the theme song is pure kino

That collage is all footage from the pilot that was included in early promos. Check out what the teacher looks like in the actual show.

I gave it a spin, it's really grating and bad.

Only if you like being angry and cringed for 20 minutes

Absolutely not.

The show was bad, but I liked the theme music.

i watch 5 minutes of this shit and i wished death on every one involved, except the Caterers they
do gods work

>series
>7 episodes before it got canned
im actually surprised it even lasted that wrong, they went out of their way to make the most dogshit cartoon possible and it still somehow made it past the pilot

I lasted a full episode. You made the right decision.

the main character basically walks around and patronizes everyone he meets, when in reality he's not as great as he thinks he is.

it's not really good comedy, the writers just threw some stuff together and hoped it would flow and come off brilliant because haha Jonah Hill's name is on it

watch napoleon dynamite instead, it was the much better show

This

why would you even ask such a stupid question, of course its not.

i hate jona hill so i wonder why i bothered

I highly doubt anyone here has actually seen the show. It's mediocre, nothing about it was abysmal though

shut up retard

Go to bed jona