Zoom/Reverse Flash notwithstanding, which are the best "You, but evil" villains in comics?

Zoom/Reverse Flash notwithstanding, which are the best "You, but evil" villains in comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hZjMvQz6bEY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Puppy Shame.

Crime Syndicate

Ma'alefa'ak...
youtube.com/watch?v=hZjMvQz6bEY

Killer Moth?
That seems like cheating

Flipside

Bizarro League

none of those characters are evil

read the room, baka

Sinestro

>Bizarro Flash
>World's Slowest Man

>Bizarro Wonder Woman
>Woman turned into clay

I love this.

>Bizarro Hal
>Punches himself

If you mean a foil (like Zod/Superman), then Brainiac and Luthor (in different ways) to Superman.

If you mean an evil counterpart, then Doctor Octopus to Spider-Man.

Bane
Zod
Ocean Master although less evil and more amoral
Sinestro
Can't think of one for Wonder Woman.

Bizarro Aquaman made me laugh more than it should.

Wonder Woman has Genocide and First Born, who are both terrible.

Venom

I thought Bizarro Batman was killed by his parents

Lex isn't an evil version of Superman desu. But Zod is as smart and has the same powers, so he fits better

I think Hushis closer to a villainous Batman than Bane

>Lex isn't an evil version of Superman desu.
Neither is Brainiac, but they're both good foils. Superman and Luthor are both enormously powerful people who stand at the pinnacles of (respectively) physical and intellectual perfection. They have a vast influence and both understand what it's like to be isolated from society. Yet where Superman tries to use his powers to help the rest of the people around him, Luthor uses his to exploit people for his own gain. Luthor sees his power as a reason to think others should serve him, and Superman sees his power as a reason to think he should serve others. Throw in the fact that Superman is an alien who nevertheless represents the best of humanity, and Luthor is a human who represents the worst of humanity (emphasized by Luthor sometimes being a speciesist), and you've got a solid contrast.

Zod doesn't really count as an evil Superman in a meaningful way. He has the same powers but that's about it.

You forgot Devastation. Also the Priscilla Rich version of Cheetah if you stick specifically to the Golden Age.

Bane isn't really an evil version of Batman, he's more of a dark reflection of Doc Savage.

A foil isn't necessarily what we're talking about here. No matter how you cut it, neither Lex nor Brainiac are evil versions of Superman. Zod is a direct version while Lobo is a thematic version.

Sabertooth

Owlman

Ult Reed

Darkchilde
h...hydra cap

killer moth is who i cam to post. good taste user. he needs more love

I'd be perfectly fine if DC openly ripped off Sup Forums for a Killer Moth revamp.

He's so darn petty.

I've always felt they keep fucking up Zod for the sake of having someone Superman can punch and vice versa. Reducing Zod to being a generic bruiser type.

Zod should be fucking Hannibal Lecter. Go back to his old Silver Age design and not the Terrence Stamp look. Basically Vic Mackey in a pseudo Nazi uniform.

They should play up Zod as a general, someone who uses others as pawns and who doesn't get his hands dirty. He should hold humanity in utter contempt but be fascinated with their cruelty and warlike nature. Possibly to the point that he secretly wishes he was born on Earth, since no one there would have stopped him from conquering it, powers or no powers.

Have him be like Hannibal; trapped in the Phantom Zone but able to ghost appear to his human minions, like Dr Mabuse. Superman suspects his hands in various schemes he foils, but can never prove it or even risk bringing Zod out of the Phantom Zone to interrogate him over it. Zod meanwhile, seeks to toy with Superman, offering advice and strategy for dealing with bad guys which is always 100% correct. Zod doesn't want to kill Superman, he wants to corrupt him; to make him see that Zod is right.

Zod is a foil, not an evil counterpart. Except for his powers, he does not resemble Superman in any way.

>Bizarro Hal punches himself
That's not Bizarro behavior for Hal Jordan

The powers, history, and mindset are what make him an evil counterpart.

I'd say you'd be better off by making Zod something of a charismatic figure. Have him take the perspective that genetics and species don't matter, Kryptonian culture is what defines a Kryptonian - specifically his version of what Kryptonian culture entails. So he's going to build a new Krypton by molding humanity to fit his beliefs. He's one part Patton, one part Lenin, one part Hitler, one part Elon Musk, and one part crazy alien cult leader. He offers the downtrodden, the hopeless, the directionless, and those who just plain need someone telling them what to do a glorious future powered by the relics of a dead planet, offering them a high-tech future in exchange for obedience and submission to his ideology. Make him Luthor's fears made manifest: an all-powerful alien who will rule over a stagnant humanity. But most importantly, you need to show that people willingly follow him; that no atrocity or crime is too great when you're being offered paradise.

Venom

Venom is Spidey's crazy ex

Sinestro
Venom
Superior Iron Man

Justice Lords
Black Adam

This guy.

Hail to the king, hail to the one
Kneel to the crown, stand in the sun
Hail to the king

He is foil to whom exactly?