Is climate change real?

Is climate change real?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it is
>will taxing the fuck out of people stop it
thats a promethean project which money cant accomplish

Yes of course it is, you idiot. The climate of the earth changes since the earth exists. The point is it has nearly nothing to do with human activity.

Climate change is real. The debate has always been about if we are responsible for it.

Fuckoff dicaprio

I used to think the carbon count by industrial activity caused global warming, but recent NASA findings showing glacial retreat and warming temperatures on Mars are pretty conclusive evidence that global warming is being caused by changes in solar activity and not by anything occurring on Earth

It wouldn't be an issue if Polar Bears would stop breathing so damn much. Fucking Polar Bears ruining our planet with their co2 breath.

Are you real?

And there's a simple answer for that. No.

Why? Simply look at the last fucking 400000 year temperature data reconstructed from the Vostock ice core.

My roommate told me he thinks we're still in the ice age, just at the very end of it. Seems fucking retarded.

Maybe.

But none of the "solutions" are real or would work.

He's an idiot. Like most people here are. I post this in every climate change thread I see but most people seem to be to lazy to read it:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

Yes, but it's all natural and occuring in cycles like it has always done. The greenhouse effect is a scam though.

Yes, of course it is. Proof of global warming is the end of the last ice age. The debate is whether man has any influence on it, and that is where there is a distinct lack of substantive evidence.

>m-muh snow bears :(

yes

little eu frogasses

It is. Just like we have seasons each year there's also an overarching trend in temperatures that changes over generations.

Yes but it doesn't really matter.
>t-the ice caps will completely melt and millions of people will be submerged!!!

no.

Yes it clearly causes polar bears to breath fire

Well there's the problem, fire breathing polar bears are melting the ice caps where they live.

Are you denying that we're in an ice age?
Not really getting your point

The ice age we're in started a couple million years ago

Milankovitch cycles are a thing. The problem is we've FAR surpassed their historical peak.

No we haven't

Yes.

It's not influenced by man in the slightest though.

I hope so
It's cold as fuck here

There's not even clear evidence we're noticeably hotter now than the middle ages or the ancient Egyptian era warm spell much less hundreds of thousands of years ago

Polar dragon bears are dumb as fuck and are significantly dumber than the average bear.

Yes we have. Peak atmospheric CO2 is around 300-350 ppm. We're at 400.
The medieval warm period was local. Global temperatures remained more or less constant.

Can you post some peer reviewed scientific studies that back this statement? Genuinely interested as my biology teacher is always saying that climate change is caused by humans.

we need to get rid of these damn fire-breathing bears before they heat up earth beyond repair

They're not going to have anything, just claim that '(((scientists))) are all bought and paid for so you have to trust this blog post.'

Weren't we talking about temps and not co2?
Glanced at the wiki and co2 seemed like more of an afterthought

>Polar dragon bear
I want one as a pet though, that sounds cool.

climate change has been real since Pangaea split apart and changed the world's weather patterns forever.

>co2

that's clearly fire, yo.

kys

We are in an ice age though, look it up.

I'm cringing too much to be attracted to this.

No. People have been saying this shit since the 50's. I remember seeing an article from the 1970's that says "A New Ice Age this year"

It's made up.

We live on the third planet from a medium-size sun. Our planet is five billion years old, and it has been changing constantly all during that time. The Earth is now on its third atmosphere.
The first atmosphere was helium and hydrogen. It dissipated early on, because the planet was so hot. Then, as the planet cooled, volcanic eruptions produced a second atmosphere of steam and carbon dioxide. Later the water vapor condensed, forming the oceans that cover most of the planet. Then, around three billion years ago, some bacteria evolved to consume carbon dioxide and excrete a highly toxic gas, oxygen. Other bacteria released nitrogen. The atmospheric concentration of these gases slowly increased. Organisms that could not adapt died out.
Meanwhile, the planet's land masses, floating on huge tectonic plates, eventually came together in a configuration that interfered with the circulation of ocean currents. It began to get cold for the first time. The first ice appeared two billion years ago

And for the last seven hundred thousand years, our planet has been in a geological ice age, characterized by advancing and retreating glacial ice. No one is entirely sure why, but ice now covers the planet every hundred thousand years, with smaller advances every twenty thousand or so. The last advance was twenty thousand years ago, so we're due for the next one.
And even today, after five billion years, our planet remains amazingly active. We have five hundred volcanoes, and an eruption every two weeks. Earthquakes are continuous: a million and a half a year, a moderate Richter 5 quake every six hours, a big earthquake every ten days. Tsunamis race across the Pacific Ocean every three months.
Our atmosphere is as violent as the land beneath it. At any moment there are one thousand five hundred electrical storms across the planet. Eleven lightning bolts strike the ground each second. A tornado tears across the surface every six hours. And every four days, a giant cyclonic storm, hundreds of miles in diameter, spins over the ocean and wreaks havoc on the land.

The nasty little apes that call themselves human beings can do nothing except run and hide. For these same apes to imagine they can stabilize this atmosphere is arrogant beyond belief. They can't control the climate.
The reality is, they run from the storms.

1) CO2 in ice is correlated with temperature.
2) CO2 levels have a large effect on global temperatures.

>The reality is, they run from the storms.
No we don't. When the storm brings freezing snows we burn wood to keep ourselves warm. When earthquakes shake the ground we just build stronger foundations. Even when we do run it's not long before we simply go back and rebuild. Technology is constantly developing. It wasn't even a century ago that we split the atom, and now we're figuring out how to make miniature suns. To decide that because the world is a big place humans can't do anything to change it is to deny every human accomplishment ever. And there are a whole lot of those.

The world warms up.
The world cools down.
It's been doing this for a very long time.

>assuming you meant manmade global warming
studies support both sides, both sides have influential people interested in falsifying studies, anyone who clearly says he knows the answer is either a climate scientist, or an idiot.

Doesn't matter what I think is true though, I think germany shouldn't reduce CO2 production either way.
The current path is to completely move this CO2 production to 0, definetly damaging metal industry and connected workplaces. No matter how good we become at stopping climate change here in germany, Amdahl's law dictates that it stops mattering really quick if nobody else does it too.

If everyone decided to reduce pollution by a fixed amount, as not to interfere with global trade conditions (I'm looking at you, chinks) it would be fine to reduce pollution here (something to strive for, actually. think of the air quality). Otherwise it's just bowing over to china without really changing anything.

Yes in the past there was a temp/co2 balance
One increasing or decreasing with the other in near lockstep

We're doing some fucked up shit now with it tho
Never before has that much co2 been dumped into the environment at once

That lockstep has been broken

Of course and humans are responsible, science is never wrong I mean it was only 30 years ago we were promised a new Ice Age and suddenly we've done a 360 and are facing the entire world turning into a desert.
Science was replaced with (((science))) a long time ago. Or am I supposed to believe that a handful of (small) countries who've cut down their fossil fuel use are directly responsible for the ozone layer repairing itself even though the much larger, generally shitter, countries who've started to use even more fossil fuels (Russia, China, India etc) doesn't offset the amount of Co2 in the atmosphere even though it's the same planet? I suppose with (((science))) even massive impossibilities can be true.

Don't let the facts get in the way of your agenda.