Does Sup Forums still care about the Walking Dead show?

Does Sup Forums still care about the Walking Dead show?

Negan is the only reason most people are still watching it

>Negan is the only reason most people are still watching it
Just like the comics.

>Does Sup Forums still care about the Walking Dead show?
>Dead show
An apt description..

I think negan is my husbando at this point so skip to his scenes

Nah

Why was the show a hit? My gf just asked me this and she said its so boring

Obviously im not really that into it so i just want to know why it got so big

I thought most people stopped giving a shit after that super shitty cliffhanger a season ago.
Fuck em.

People fucking love zombie shit so they can self-insert as one of the survivors.

I'm so fucking mad about how good the pilot was that I've been hate watching it this whole time, I don't give a single fuck I just know I need to see it die with my own two eyes and i'll wait until the sun explodes.

Nah, it was good first few seasons.

I dropped off after Season 6 cause I suddenly realized the show had jumped the shark a long time ago and I just didn't give a shit about it anymore.

>zombies
>it started good

I saw Negan, Rick, Daryl, Carol, Robert Kirkman, and a few others live at NYCC. Enjoyed it thoroughly, they're some funny dudes

daryl getting molest when

The first season was really good thanks to Frank Darabont but since AMC fired him, the show never reached that peak again.

I watched the shit out of it during the first few seasons, but fell off a few seasons ago. It just started feeling stale. Then again, I stopped right before Negan was introduced, and from what I've heard he improved the show.

I liked the spin-off series too but only saw the first season.

It got boring in season...uh...4? 5? The one after the Governor. When a bunch of nameless extras are living in the prison.

And I got sick of missing Fox Sundays.

Season 1 is great.
Season 2 pre farm is pretty good.
The rest is absolute shit.

the first season was good, but then AMC decided they wanted to make it cheap as shit and hire hacks to write it.

>Someone dies
>Group mourns for episodes
>Group accepts and moves on
>Someone else dies
>Repeat

Yeah, the show got boring after the first few seasons. It was like the a soap opera focused on funerals. The saviors arc should spice things up.

We didn't have a lot of comic book adaptations 7 years ago and WB shit was just shit (before Supergirl and The Flash). We got off from a Breaking Bad high and was looking to get away from spy shows on local stations. Spy / detective drama shows, that is.

AMC's The Walking Dead was supposed to be a refresher, kind of like Lost. Much like what other people said, it worked for the first season / first episode. Netflix didn't start their Marvel stuff back then either, so it was fresh for attention

I left TWD after Hershel and the farm and more people started to see different comic stuff converted, and I think the Avengers movie started coming around

>Negan is the only reason most people are still watching it
Which is funny to me because negan is the reason I dropped TWD in the first place.

it had interesting concepts that were sometimes pulled off well in the comics like the prison arc. Season 1 was alright and people were hopeful it would be in the vein of the first couple of game of thrones, following the source material closely and making us care about these characters that are inevitably going to be brutally murdered.
Unfortunately the comic and show has gotten extremely stale, sometimes a glimmer of creativity comes but it is quickly thrown away like the whisperer arc. I used to really like the comics and tolerated some of the show but now I wouldn't worry about it getting cancelled because it's just gotten bad. It was never great or groundbreaking but it used to be a fun story of people surviving in a zombie apocalypse.

>correction: Negan and the retard Savior and garbage pail people are the reason more people are now NOT watching it
jumped the shark when Negan arrived

This.

Negan is best daddy.

And it was at least mostly plausible or realistic. The first couple seasons focused on survival in an apocalypse. It felt real and palpable that a zombie was a threat. Now it's just dumb as shit. Deers and carnivals and a fucking thespian with a tiger and a rambling narcissist with a baseball bat and broken English trash people? Dumb as hell.

I miss his beard