Can Superfags clarify something for me...

Can Superfags clarify something for me? In the 2008 Brainiac story arc it's revealed that the eponymous character is an organic/cyborg being and all previous versions of him were probes. Basically "Actually A Doombot" on a great scale. My question is, was it ever clarified what kind of probes these actually were?

The original story prior to this retcon was that Brainiac WAS an organic being, a scientist from Colu, but he got executed and somehow transferred his mind to a swarm of nanobots that then possessed various people on Earth. He possessed Milton Fine, an OMAC, Doomsday, and others, on top of trying to possess Superman; he also created his own robotic bodies (Brainiac 2.5 and others). A copy of his organic-turned-synthetic mind also survived into the future where it became Brainiac 13 of the 64th century, the last Brainiac that we know of.

But how does this gel with the retcon that Brainiac is still a living Coluan scientist? Was the other Brainiac Superman fought all this time...

A). A drone mentally controlled by the real Brainiac?
B.) A clone of Brainiac he made to throw off suspicion when he fled Colu, who thought he was the real Brainiac, and proceeded how the real Brainiac would proceed in transferring his mind to nanites?
C). An android/artificial intelligence modeled on Brainiac who was programmed to THINK he used to be a Coluan scientist, but in actuality was always a swarm of nanobots?
D.) Something else entirely?
Various wikis have given any of the above as explanations, but none of them have citations. Was it just a different guy each time? And how does Brainiac 13 fit in, what was he? Was any of this clarified?

Thanks.

bump

It's just a dumb retcon because Johns loves his retcons like he loves his cereal. He did the exact same thing with Toyman, saying only the original was real and all the rest (child killer Toyman, puppet Toyman, even Japanese kid Toyman from Superman/Batman) were all robots let loose by him.
It doesn't really make sense and it was never properly explained, but since a lot of people never liked the Milton Fine Brainiac they happily accepted this return to the Silver Age.

You know if you're going to pull a bullshit retcon like that out of your gaping asshole, at LEAST you could make the "real" Brainiac the superior DCAU version.

DCAU Brainiac a shit.

Bleediac was the original Brainiac, everything else are just probes from different points of the multiverse/hypertime. the drones are real coluan/androids/whatevers with their own hopes and dreams but are influenced/subservient to the will of Bleediac.

If by shit you mean by far the best and least convoluted version then yes

In the grand cosmic context yeah, but I'm speaking of things how they stood prior to all the multiversal convergence stuff. The "probes" sent by Coluan super-cyborg scientist Vril Dox, who later battled Superman in "Brainiac" and "New Krypton", were what exactly? Clones of him with their minds transferred to nanites? I'm really most curious about what this makes Brainiac 13 in relation to post-2008 Brainiac 1.

Convergence isn't canon, fuck your shitty moving house """event"""

Take that back, asshole

>LALALALA MY HEADCANON IS REAL LALALALA

>was real and all the rest (child killer Toyman, puppet Toyman, even Japanese kid Toyman from Superman/Batman
That's a stupid retcon

He was a jobber, spent 90% of his screentime trying to escape Earth rather than actually doing any villainy, and his origin is retarded and makes him seem less like a villain and more like something that just needs to be debugged.

>He was a jobber
Like every villain. Still made Apocalypse shake in terror and Lex his bitch 3 times
>something that just needs to be debugged.
That's dum. Ur dum

>Apocalypse

Didn't Hiro become canon again? I think he was in the intro to METAL.

E. Western comics are a clusterfuck of shit writing because continuity is never enforced and writers refuse to put on their big boy pants and get along if they dont like something the last guy did

>They even fooled Superman
The funny thing is that this became a plot point later on. During the New Krypton arc, Lex Luthor used a robot of himself made by the Toyman that fooled Superman AND Brainiac.

That was such bullshit, how could the most intelligent being in the universe and the guy with X-Ray vision not tell the difference between a man and a robot?

In the thumbnail I though her left hand was exposed boob

I thought DC pussied out and made Bleediac just be the Nu52 Braniac in a time loop instead of Pre-Crisis Braniac.

I thought it was an empowered version of Post-Crisis Brainiac.

I'm pretty sure other writers ignored the part about hiro

There's literally no reason he needs to be this convoluted. And the New 52, instead of just going with the relatively simplified post-2008 version, gave him a conmpletely different back story, personality, and power set. Again.

I honestly didn't mind how Johns streamlined Superman's rogues gallery because the continuity of Superman's villains in post-crisis was a huge mess before that point.

How many different Zods were there? I don't remember but it was a lot.

The one from Forever Evil? Because that one was the stupidest shit ever and everyone seems to be ignoring it.

Superman sure has a penchant for beating up nerds.

I would be fine with them simplifying it to just:
>Mutated Coluan who serves the Computer Tyrants
>Is allowed to create his son
>Fucks something up, manages to leave the planet before execution
>Becomes madder and decides to ride around in a skull while stealing knowledge and destroying planets
>Slowly replaces his body parts with cybernetics as he ages and they give out
>Realises that he doesn't own every Kryptonian in the universe when he hears about Superman, decides that he needs to do that to feel fulfilled

inb4 LMD

>And how does Brainiac 13 fit in, what was he?

Wasn't Brainiac 13 a future version from the 64th century?

i wanna say four, right? pocket dimension zod that he killed, random russian zod, zod from that weird fake krypton that was supposed to be silver age or some shit, and phantom zone zod from for tomorrow.

Yes, but the question is what he was exactly and how he related to the original Coluan scientist. I THINK he's supposed to be a copy of the mind of a clone of Brainiac inhabiting a robot body, created by the real Brainiac to think he's the original. But I'm not sure.

I remember Brainiac being revealed as a robot a twist they did back in the Bronze age. So Johns basically did the same twist all over again?

Not quite. Both before and after the retcon, Post-Crisis he was initially a Coluan scientist. The 'reveal' was that every previous Brainiac (including the Silver Age versions, I guess?) was a clone or drone, and that the real Brainiac still inhabited his Coluan body (which he had enhanced to Superman+ level strength) and was coming for Earth. Prior to that retcon everyone thought Brainiac was a Coluan scientist who had transferred his mind to a swarm of nanobots that then possessed various bodies, and he was believed destroyed.