Heterosexual ships

So I've noticed that the majority of my "ships" are gay or lesbian (mostly gay though). I've really try to like hetero ships but often times I find myself disliking the couples dynamic and I end up uninterested or straight up annoyed. I feel like heterosexual relationships are poorly written alot of the time and are never really given a lot of thought other than may be looks.I do have a few heterosexual couples i ship one of these is Batman And Catwoman because there dynamic us so interesting to me. Does anyone else feel this way? What are some heterosexual ships you think are good and why? What are some interesting ways to write a heterosexual relationship and make it believable? Also do you have any lesbian ships y'all like and why y'all like them? I have a few but I would like more.

>ship shit thread

tl;dr. fuck off, dumb ass.

How about Cyborg and Jinx ?

YOU obviously just have shit taste. Herero ships are normally far better written than your fan fiction.

Is this the puppet from that Interpol video

I disagree often times they're relationship is lazy and boring because the characters themselves have nothing interesting about them. The most they've got is their looks and maybe a nice "first time meeting" story but nothing that keeps me invested in them.

I dont know probably I chose an image from my phone at random

>What are some interesting ways to write a heterosexual relationship and make it believable?
the biggest mistake hetship writers fall for is they throw all semblance of being friends out the window once the characters move past the will they/won't they stage and the only interactions they have any more revolve around the topic of their relationship. they focus too much on romantic gestures and drama bombs that threaten to tear them apart, at the expense of companionship, emotional intimacy, and camaraderie. they're never truly relaxed around each other. eve the archetypal post-coital bed scene writers have the characters looking for the right words to make the moment special, not wanting to ruin the mood, shit like that. its all so stilted and put-on

Ladybug and Cat Noir are a straight ship.

>What are some interesting ways to write a heterosexual relationship and make it believable?

The number one rule of writing a romantic pairing, no matter the genders involved, is this: If the only way you know they are in love is if they kiss, you are not writing a romance right.

Pretend your characters cannot explicitly show their love for each other and get to the meat of their relationship. Once you have covered that, show the physical affection. Try to save the kiss until after the characters realize they are in love with each other; write about "smaller things" (e.g., A wondering why they think of B so often, B getting nervous when C brings up A). Relationships take time; if you are writing romance, write about that time.

Also, this is my favorite hetero ship.

What does this ship do that you enjoy?

How many of your ships are canon and how many can only be found in fanfic?

They're both

I dont enjoy all gay and lesbian ships either just a lot of gay and lesbian ships have more than just "you're hot let's fuck" going for them.

The same can be said of non hetero relationships. For the majority of those ships, the only reason people ship them is BECAUSE they're the same gender. Otherwise it's as uninteresting as the next ship.

Y'see the post directly above that one? That is what it does correctly: It builds the relationship between Elisa and Goliath before they ever show any sort of real physical affection for one another. (And according to Weisman, Elisa was wet for Goliath at first sight, so...yeah.) They are friends and allies before they ever explore their personal feelings for one another. That is what Elisa/Goliath does right - and "Gargoyles" is a much better show for it.

That answer doesn't make sense.

What is this bait tumblr shit thread ? Get the fuck outta here. fag ships make even less fucking sense than herero ones.Fag ships have no thought in them, it's just pandering. Are you telling me that korrasami is a good written lesbian ship (that is appetanly even canon)? This is how most of them look like.

I agree. there are some ships that really don't work. For example I don't really ship a lot of the Steven universe characters together because that's exactly what they do, they ship them just because they're the same gender. That's also what they did for Korra and Asami from the legend of Korra I feel. However i have seen this done more with heterosexual relationships then with gay/lesbian ones.

As other anons have said, hetero ships seem poorly written because they are mostly based on exclusively sexual attraction.
It's perfectly normal and understandable for everybody that a chick would date a dude because she wants him to bone her, and that a dude would date a chick because he wants some boning. Writers feel there is no reason to explain I further.
It's a well accepted school oc thought that """love"""™ is stronger than anything, and does not care for personality differences, politics, etc.
Gay relationships are still not nearly as tolerated, though. So the writer needs to go to go into more detail, explain how and why it works. That's why they seem to work better.
Don't be fooled, though - in the advent of tumblr age, tons of gay ships are born with equally shitty reasoning and shallowness.

>Gay relationships are still not nearly as tolerated, though. So the writer needs to go to go into more detail, explain how and why it works. That's why they seem to work better.

See also - gay romances must often be written so that you know the characters are in love without the shortcut of physical affection. Whether you find that writing believable or not is a matter of subjective opinion (see: Korrasami).

And the friendships you somehow misinterpret as gay are somehow better? I’m not going to say that all heterosexual relationships are well written and perfect but I’m gonna need some examples of what you consider interesting because I can name dozens of interesting Herero couples.

>Spider-Man+Mary Jane
>Beast Boy+Raven
>Batman+Wonder Woman
>bojack+any of his love interests

I’d go on but honestly I listed out half a dozen couples that aren’t Sup Forums and then I remembered where I am.

Reasonable in mainstream media since the majority of canon ships are heterosexual.

In the end, it doesn't matter what gender the participants are. It's the character development that goes towards characters going IN to a romantic relationship that matters.

>Herero

Most hetero ships have the same dynamic you see in all mainstream media and it gets old.

Some of the couples you named I actually do ship. I already stated that I do have a few heterosexual ships but they're few and far between. I asked what are some heterosexual couples y'all find interesting and why to see if I would also find them interesting. Look if you ship a certain couple gay or straight that's fine you do you. I however have a difficult time finding any hetero ships I genuinely enjoy canon or otherwise.

I agree but unfortunately they forget to add the characters personalities in heterosexual relationship and emphasize the sexual tension between the two more. Not necessarily a bad thing but it gets old after a while.

>they forget to add the characters personalities in heterosexual relationship and emphasize the sexual tension between the two more

You know damn well why straight characters have the luxury of being able to show physical affection for one another.

Of course and people abuse that luxury and make that aspecr the only thing that makes up their relatioship.

I agree that korrasami is a bad ship but I disagree that most homosexual ships are written this bad. People usually establish the characters personalities and how the two benefit from one another and usually don't jump into all the sexual stuff until a little bit later. Or they at least mix the sexual stuff with their relationship building and make it just subtle enough to not feel rushed. Usually. If they're serious about the ship.

If I were to find a single cartoon pairing with stronger writing, I would be utterly shocked.

>What are some interesting ways to write a heterosexual relationship and make it believable

Yin and Yang.

why does this cause you so much trouble?

if you think het is boring, let it be
I assume you watch cartoons for entertainment, so have fun

also don't be a shipping faggot

Maybe try living in a heterosexual relationship.

Gotta be attractive for that. At least as a guy.