Action Comics #989 PREVIEW

“THE OZ EFFECT” part three!

Other urls found in this thread:

dccomics.com/blog/2017/10/05/dc-to-commemorate-the-1000th-issue-of-action-comics-with-star-studded-celebration-in
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>The startling revelation of Mr. Oz’s origin has stopped the Man of Steel dead in his tracks. With Superman distracted by disasters looming around the world, Mr. Oz has the time to confront Lois Lane.

Jesus, to think we're only 11 issues away from Action #1000

I hope they kill Kal-el for good.

Jurgens is so fucking boring and Jon is pointless

What a great page. Been loving how the title has been implemented in each issue.

Jon is the best version of superbly we've had

Jon is awesome in Supersons and if the writer is worth a shit, he'll let Jon resolve the bomb threat at the planet

Demonizing people who call out biased reporting of events as crazy serial killers. Neat.

I sometimes forget Superman is above and different from those stupid humans. If I had god mode I'd probably feel the same way I guess.

>child beaten to death for lunch money
>so many things happening at once

I giggled because the writing is undermining itself intentionally. Don't take it to seriously.

Looks like Wednesday's gonna be a big day for Sup Forums

What will be the thrust of it, “mixers are as bad as mudslimes” or something like that?

>the white guy is evil
Of course fucking sjw shit

You guys think THAT'S bad get a load of THIS

Jergens better be gone by then

>We want a detective hero called 'Slam Bradley.' He is to be an amateur, called in by the police to help unravel difficult cases. He should combine both brains and brawn, be able to think quickly and reason cleverly and able as well to slam bang his way out of a bar room brawl or mob attack. Take every opportunity to show him in a torn shirt with swelling biceps and powerful torso ala Flash Gordon.

I'm kind of wondering...Jor-El's plan all along was...

>Show Kal that humanity is bad.
>They don't deserve to be saved.
>Leave earth, with his son. Fuck humans.

To go where? And do what exactly? And honestly, Superman says this, if he's been watching his son's whole life, wouldn't he know better by now? What would he have him do off Earth? Rebuild Krypton elsewhere? Save some more worhy alien race?

I am enjoying the story so far, but this feels kind of forced. I thought it would go something like

>Hey son, Mr. big blue balls is about to fuck things up. You need to know about this cosmic threat and gather all the most powerful beings on Earth and beyond, or else you gonna get fucked.

Then, Doomsday Clock.

If you had god mode you would probably just as much of a twat that bitch about Superman on the Internet as you are now

You’re questioning Jor-El’s logic, but in actuality Jor-El isn’t exhibiting logic anymore. His mind has been twisted at the loss of his world and his wife, the way he experienced that loss, and the further loss he experienced once he came to Earth. His mind is overcome with desperation, and his only will to live is to take his son and escape all the misery of the world. His solution for this is to cause more misery than normal in order to convince his son to leave, but he has no plans after that.

Jor-El just decided earth isn't worth saving. Tbh I do get his side since Earth really is one of the few planets riddled with crime, look at Xudar there was only ever one big criminal (Romat).Also Jor-El pretty much got brainwashed/conditioned to hate earth so you can't change his mind for him anymore.

I get what you're saying, and seems like the best explanation.

However, I thought (expected) that capturing Doomsday, Tim, Prophecy, Mr. Mxyzptlk, and whoever else, had a larger purpose.

From what I'm seeing, it looks like in the end, it was just to eliminate threats to his own son and that's it.

Threats to his son and also get people out of the way who could end up discovering Manhatan. Part of his intent of leaving here is avoiding a confrontation with him.

In fact, he captured Tim because he identified with him and wanted him away from what would be happening soon.

Isn't the insinuation there though that this is just Kenan's mentor fucking with him to get him to resent Americans or something?

>interracial
d-dropped

Isn't the black chick also evil since she's egging him to do it?

>Demonizing people who call out biased reporting of events as crazy serial killers. Neat.
But that's not what's happening there at all, maybe you misinterpreted the subtext, The Daily Planet is supposed to be some CNN or New York Times type fact based newsmedia, not Vanity Fair or Breitbart, and that guy is supposed to be a grassroots echochamber type being sheepherded into hating fact based reporting by some idiot on a powertrip.

>The Daily Planet is supposed to be some CNN or New York Times type fact based newsmedia
Do you really think these companies have no bias?

Why?

Jurgens and Tomasi will co-write AC 1000
it was announced at NYCC

At least there will be back ups. Dini's one for Reborn was pretty good.

Source? I'd love to see any info revealed about 1000.

I feel it's a big missed opportunity to not get the biggest names in comics they can get on it, who'd turn down a chance to be on fucking Action Comics #1000? Shit i could even see Moore contributing, though that's obviously the farthest stretch. Ennis, Gaiman, Morrison, they'd all do it in a heartbeat

Perry White keeps the Planet honest.

dccomics.com/blog/2017/10/05/dc-to-commemorate-the-1000th-issue-of-action-comics-with-star-studded-celebration-in

>i could even see Moore contributing, though that's obviously the farthest stretch. Ennis, Gaiman, Morrison, they'd all do it in a heartbeat

LMAO
get ready for Johns and Donner
but seriously tho, they really should pull out the big guns
this is a fucking historical landmark
I'm hoping for Millar personally

oh good Power Girl's returnng

> wherever I go I must redpill

Something like that

She has the Z logo on her neck obviously OZ has been planning this stuff for awhile

They'll just round out their group of mediocre exclusives, so it'll be Tomasi, Jurgens, Humphries, Abnett and then the already announced Johns/Donner and maybe King.

So what, Supes had never noticed that bad shit was happening all the time?

I mean, this is arguably the same Superman who was once neutralized by enhancing his senses so much that he heard everything in the world and was paralyzed by the sheer amount of cries for help.

Johns and Donner SHOULD be on it, but so should fucking everyone worth their salt.

It's going to be the first floppy I buy in years, and i know that's the case with many, many comic readers and even completely green casuals.

If Marvel can charge 10 bucks for any issue of Deadpool they feel like, DC shouldn't have to worry about overstuffing Action #1000, they should just focus on making it worthy of the number.

>cherrypicking
The black lady is evil too since she's pushing him to do it.

YOU are like tje SJWs.

He has some control over his senses, and probably blocked out everything to deal with "Jor-El".
I guess this was quite a shock

My point is, Superman knows there's bad shit going on all the time everywhere. There's been stories where he's accepted he can't fix everything.

The fact that during his confrontation with Jor-El there's armed conflict, famine, poaching, pollution, and, for some reason in the same league, domestic violence, should be no more shocking and pressing to him than the same things happening when he was taking some time off with Lois and Jon.

jurgens doing layouts for bogdanovic... interesting

>religious suicide-bombing terrorist
>it's a white guy

He did. That's exactly why he says right away "I have to go" "I'm needed" guy knows all this shit but there is no point in complaining, just go and help the best you can.

You can already tell by this thread what the thrust will be

user, all those sources have biases. All of them. It's human nature.

>My point is, Superman knows there's bad shit going on all the time everywhere.

Yes, but the point here is that Jor-El cranked up this shit to 11. There is shit going on all the time, but what's happening here is an exaggeration to make a point. That's what's surprising him. Suddenly the world is going balls to the wall. And while he can't fix everything, he can still try to avert some of the current crisis.

You cannot use the "why bother?" point with Superman. Otherwise you would never see him helping mankind at all.

>I have no argument have some shit flinging
Might as well dump MS paint comics while you are at it

>someone makes a thread about this image on Sup Forums
>they don't notice the Z mark on the girl's neck because they don't read comics
>get manipulated by misinformation again
Can't wait

>the white guy's a terrorist
Just like real life.