>Dan Vs
>Aquabats Super Show
>LPS
>Haunting Hour

>Animaniacs
>Batman TAS
>old classic sitcoms

Do you miss it yet?

Yes, and I barely had it. I had to watch it at a friend's place for most of its life.

>Those Animaniacs promos with new recorded lines
>That marathon

They didn't even fucking announce that they got Tiny Toons and threw it to 6 AM. I knew they knew the end was near.

Who cares about a channel that barely existed?

The people who watched it. The world doesn't evolve around you.

But you could only have watched it for 4 years at the very most. Again, it basically didn't exist.

>basically didn't exist.
>4 years at the most
>didn't exist

It existed for 4 years.

Try finding someone who actually watched it throughout that entire period.

/mlp/ watched it.

That only decreased its value.

Was mlp the only hub show to survive it's death or am I forgetting something?

I think there's still some transformers show that may or may not have started back on the hub, but besides that yes

I had a lot of fun playing Silent Hill: Homecoming with 60's Batman on in the background, yes.

We seriously need more animated series like G.I. Joe Renegades
>good
>focused
>doesn't drag beyond what's necessary to tell a story
>has a clear ending

One might think this shouldn't be such a difficult thing to accomplish, but it is. It fucking is.

I will always miss it.

Renegades s u c k e d

> it's not important to ME, therefore it's not important
how soon can you be sent to die for oil

We all know why it got under most people's radars, but seriously, this had potential. Sadly, it needed more than a few good shows and one of the most toxic fandoms on existance to keep up.

It's sad what happened to the Hub.
Discovery Family has pretty much nothing except horse show.

I don't miss it, but I do miss them

>They didn't even fucking announce that they got Tiny Toons and threw it to 6 AM. I knew they knew the end was near

But they did get Joe Alaskay back to reprise Plucky Duck for a series of promos. Probably one of the last things he did before he died, too.

Bitch I will fight you.

How good was that show? Didn't watch a single episode of it and I barely remember listening to few songs of these guys which were bretty fun.

Hub didn't have much either to be honest. Most of its lineup were reruns of old cartoons but it could have been something great if Hasbro and Discovery could have hashed out a better contract now it's nothing but a platform for MLP and who knows how long that will last.

To be fair, some of the old shows they aired (Batman, Batman Beyond, Superman, Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, Men in Black) were to promote a new movie coming out or in the case of Goosebumps, it was due to the success of The Haunting Hour (which was airing new episodes on The Hub).

Ponies survived.
Transformers Rescue Bots went on to become the longest running Transformers series ever before just recently ending.
Prime was the best Transformers series but ended before the channel died - its last season got cut in half and freaked out the plot though.

This. Transformers now has a new show on CN that's in the same continuity as Prime and Rescue Bots (Sideswipe shows up in an episode of Rescue Bots & Optimus Prime makes cameo appearances on Robots in Disguise). Apparently Robots in Disguise is ending soon and will get a new cartoon in 2018. Also isn't rescue bots getting some sort of sequel too?

Felt like you were watching something from the late 90s and the animated segments were nice.

>Apparently Robots in Disguise is ending soon and will get a new cartoon in 2018.
Still on CN at 6AM?

I dislike the /mlp/ board but mainly watched it for My Little Pony. Then I noticed the other classic shows and stuck around for them do. Then eventually the channel got canned. Sad. Not very sad, but sad. 7 years ago though? The passing of time is a cruel thing.

I miss it as well as those Livetoons streams where we'd watch Aquabats when a new episode would come out. (Among many, many other live shows)

I actually own a jerk t-shirt. no one gets the reference. feelsbadman

Probably, but Hasbro also pointed out they'd invest more in Netflix and other streaming platforms, so they won't be left to CN's devices as much.

They've pretty much used Netflix as the platform for the Equestria Girls series already. Netflix stands to take a huge chunk of the kids entertainment market if they can get an exclusivity contract with Hasbro

Littlest Pet Shop survived like a year or two after it

The Hub came too late to be successful, during the rise of the internet and online streaming such as Netflix and Hulu.

It was destined to die.

Fuck you, put me in charge of a network like this RIGHT NOW and I'll make it an international phenomenon. Execs just tend to be retarded.

>Execs just tend to be retarded.
This. These kind of people are always detached from reality.

For about two years it was heaven.

Tragic how it went out, really.

I dont understand why it died. It seemed like it was doing good for a while. Now its replacement is utter shit, i hate it

>I dont understand why it died.

Poor distribution. Not enough people had it to justify the cost of the shows.

Even if The Hub was an amazing channel, I still don't think it would've survived because it came so late in the game.

CN, Nick and Disney Channel can survive easier because they established themselves long before the rise of the internet.

I'm sure that's why Disney XD is on the brink of shutting down.

Oh, wait...

Well, again, Disney is an established brand so...

Doesn't matter if no one has it.

Can't believe they sent Pokemon to die there.

But XD isn't, and yet in the animation space it's been wiping the floor with the original channel!

Littlest Pet Shop, Pound Puppies, and Dan Vs. were good.

From what I've heard, Disney and other Networks are mostly making money from mobile apps and On Demand so that might also help keep the channel afloat.

>Disney and other Networks are mostly making money from mobile apps and On Demand
This is really only true because they've all but abandoned the actual channels. Don't reverse cause and effect.

>no mention of the more popular tv show that aired on the hub while the channel still existed.

I know co/ has a personal bias against it, but common.

I miss The Haunting Hour the most.

It had the best spooks and qts.

That shit literally isn't allowed to be posted outside of its containment board, and for good reason. Barney is shit.

It was the only show worth watching on the Hub IMO

>Barney
>worth watching
>at all
Shill detected

We can't talk about things that are popular, user.

>pic related

>classic captcha
What a faggot.

Which is a shame because it was not a good show.

how was thanksgiving lee?

>who knows how long that will last.
12 seasons and a second movie followed by the complete failure of discovery family and a reboot of the show on cartoon network 4 years latter.

>he doesn't use classic captcha
Spotted the auto normie

probablly unpopular opinion, I loved season 1 but season 2 took a huge dip in quality seriously i dont know what they were trying to do but it was no were near as good as the first 13 episodes

They never should have cancelled Dan Vs and Shezow .

Was shezow actually good or just fetishbait? I remember watching a couple minutes of it once and it was nothing but weak puns

nah it was all fetish bait.

>he doesn't clear his cookies
just

the real reason the channel died is because i think up untill the past 2-3 years Stuff like The hub & Disney XD were part of the premium or atleast silver/gold packages so most people who only get the most basic of packages would never know about it.

there is objectively no valid reason to ever use nu-captcha
pressing tab, typing a thing then pressing enter will always be more efficient than moving a hand to the mouse to click on some shit that has to take time to load first

But then how come DXD is still a thing?

Again, unless you're clearing cookies, which means you have to keep setting that option.

>not using an incognito window to shitpost and get banned

How the fuck does an incognito window change your IP?

because there's more money behind it and they're not as impatient as hasbro were

With all those good shows + MLP's exploding fandom it almost doesn't make any sense that the Hub went under.

So... not the reason you were talking about, then.

I'm a different user
Hasbro pulled out of the hub because it wasn't successful enough for them, they wanted it to be rivalling nick and CN but after 3 years it wasn't there yet (in part because it didn't have the exposure due to being a higher tier channel in cable packages)

Disney has a lot more money and patience

So again, just execs being stupid and impatient, nothing to do with the channel or market. Got it.

>nothing to do with the channel or market
It was PARTLY to do with that. The Hub couldn't rival the bigger channels when it was only in the higher tier cable packages

I think disney XD started being included in the basic packages like 3 or so years ago dont remember that well but i remember having a basic ass package with direct tv and still having XD. but when it started yeah it was only obtainable through premium packages, so i guess that disney gave the green light to include it in all packages just so it could gain more popularity

plus its disney they can afford to take the hit from dropping XD to the cheaper package.

Discovery is barely keeping themselves aflot as it is, mythbusters got canned because of discovery barely making enough money and jamie & adams contracts were coming to an end plus tori, grant, & Karis contracts i think came to an end just before the last season & discovery wanted to cut costs so they just dropped them from the show & didint bother with renegotiations. discovery were the ones who disguised it as jamie and adam wanting to end it on thier own.

tldr no way discovery would keep A kids only channel aflot if they were never going to make money on it

Discovery family is a "family" oriented channel. When I watch the unmentionable show live and see the commercial breaks, the shows it promotes is always reality shows like cake boss and game of homes. the only toy commercials I can recall are hasbro's (mostly LPS), there aren't any informercials for things like gyrobowls or pillow pets

They're trying to justify the channel by not really focusing on kids that much

That's if cartoon network is even a thing in 4 years.

What happened to it? Did they sell out? Or were they not getting enough viewings?

Hasbro pulled out of the partnership with discovery

It was okay. The writing wasn’t the best but it wasn’t a bad show.

> MLP only worth watching
> Not also dan vs and others I'm too lazy to even glance up at
you a busta.

also barneyfag being a faggot as usual in the thread.

Kinda sucks that the only stream I can watch put music over the commercials
I think I recall those "Hideaway Pets" or something not that long ago, though.