Dan Mora Power Rangers redesigns

Dan Mora Power Rangers redesigns

not bad, but they're kind of busy.

Also not sure about giving everyone swords-
there we go.

Honestly one of the biggest appeals of these two were that they had the chest armor that was different than the other Rangers. Removing them seems ill-advised. Otherwise these are bretty gud

And his drawing of the Rangers as they normally are.

Too overdesigned

I think he's trying to draw something that would translate to live action

>ywn be Rita's faithful and obedient Knight
>ywn serve your empress in taking over the world
>ywn fall in love with her as she conquers the universe

Why does Triny look like she's wearing a black thong over her suit? It's not even like it's a consistent female-only variation to the costume since Kimberly's looks like shes wearing a pair of boxer-briefs over her suit.

As opposed to what?

But those are live-action costumes in the first place.

Something that wouldn't

I think that everyone has a black skintight undersuit with colored, hard shell segments on the outside

Those seem to translate to live action fairly well/

If you're six or watching a comedy yes.

There isn't really anything to translate when it was their native tongue

so power rangers?

Right, I get that. But Triny's shapes out to look like a thong shape which is inconsistent with Kimberly's design. All the male designs are totally consistent in the shapes of the undersuit and the colored armor plates on top (accept for the Green and White Ranger suits which include the shoulder plates). But Triny's suit in particular reads as wearing a thong where as Kimberly's doesn't.

I also get that the Pink and Yellow Ranger suits were never exactly the same to begin with since Japan's version of the Power Rangers had only the Pink Ranger as being a girl and thus integrated a skirt into her suit only. But then by that logic wouldn't Triny be the one to have the undersuit shape that appears more like boxer-briefs since it's the more masculine design?

They are fine tho generic. I always find it strange how the focus is always on Mighty Morphin (I know nostalgia but that runs dry). Like there are other PR shows and much more sentai beyond that.

Why not try and redesign those or even make up your own themed team?

It might be one of the worst, but Wild Force will always be the coolest

Boom not allowed to create own ranger

I don't think nigger ranger knows how axes work.

>Stinger Sentai Hiveranger
>its team of three, Yellow Honeybee, Blue bumblebee and Red Wasp.
How do you like them user?

And are joined by a hornet and killer bee latter on

The villains are trying to steal a new form of energy that is called H.O.N.E.Y

or watching power rangers?

>the villain is big demon bear from the sixth dimension
>mooks look like Apicultors

Isn't the Axe also a gun?

but that not how to hold a gun

Is Goldar goofy or cool?

>White Power Ranger

user, that's a fucking gun-axe. I don't think the logic of either of its parts can be applied. Besides, in the show it shoots from the blades part, because nobody is stupid enough to hold the sharp cutting end of an object directly in front of their body.

>axe

Objectively coolest weapon.

He has potential to be cool but the show made him goofy

I would love if the second movie followed Tommy's perspective for this reason alone

Are they still making a sequel to the one from March?

This works the best. Maybe save those for a different team, not the originals. Now I remember I gotta read Boom's PR since I really enjoyed the first trade.

>Budget: $100 million
>Box office: $142.3 million

Definitely not.

>Tfw when I remember owning one set
Damn... That shit was awesome.

Shame, I liked the non-Ranger parts of the movie.

Pink had a skirt and Yellow,who is actually make, didn't. So Trini has a diff suit than Kim

Aside from Drakkon and the various MMPR variations
Or the Bulk and Skull rangers from the first annual

He became a jobber
This actually made him compelling since he laments that his life is going nowhere

I like them. They look cool.

They only have the license up to In Space. That said, they're clearly allowed to come up with original designs, but they have no reason to go with anything besides MMPR derivatives, since MMPR is the focus anyway.

Weirdly enough that seems to be a really common opinion
I was expecting nothing but NOT MUH and IT'S SHIT and other similar reviews but instead I got a crapton of "surprisingly alright teen drama that happens to be in a terrible power rangers reboot"

Wait what? Because I was about to chime in that even as a gun he wasn't holding it right. I specifically remember it coming out from the handle end.

These are the best ones, though i'm biased on the Black Ranger since i've always been a fan of Zack.

That really depends on execution. They're pretty blatantly going for a more "armored" look with the new grey parts, and if they keep going in that direction it might look alright.
But if they just draw it as body-hugging spandex it's going to look terrible.

In that case he's holding it backwards.

Like nearly all redesigns it's shit and loses any of the appeal that the originals might have had.

Still the best power ranger suits to me. Also nice that they worked the little chest emblems in though I could never make sense of the marketing as a kid. They obviously never had the emblems but in every piece of promotional material that was art back then they had to slap those things on them when the show never had it at all.

Somebody sure has autism.

Agreed. I especially like his Yellow, but the changes to Green and White weaken their looks.

That is some god tier art

Unironically love these

You didn't even read that user's post, you double nigger.

Modern redesigns are all based around what works as a cosplay or a movie/TV outfit and any elements that might be considered goofy, campy or cheesy are done away with because it's not for serious adults like those reading cape comics or watching Power Rangers.

Modern live action focused design is how you get things like the shitty current Batgirl design or Spider-Woman design, Nu52 Captain Marvel or these shitty Mass Effect Rangers.

I like them much more than the new movie ones. They are "special" enough for the movie without taking too much away from the original designs

Fuck you user, how dare you make me feel nostalgia

They look nothing like something out of Mass Effect though, Autismo. Also, Dan Mora >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (You)

Storytime?
how are the Power Ranger's comics?

Same but Pink’s helmet shape is absolutely fucked. I don’t know why they made it so different from the others.

> Pink’s helmet shape is absolutely fucked
Holy shit I never noticed

Shit

Who?

>Ywn be a massive cuck once Zedd starts tapping that 10.000 years old ass

Look at this faggot

So uh...whatever happened to that Justice League/Power rangers crossover?

Rita could have defeated Zedd if Tommy succeeded in getting Earth's Zeo Crystal

The axe definitely shoots out the bottom. The handle is the barrel and you can even see that the axe part of the axe head that is the grip for the gun.

Pterodactyls fly and the designer thought that shape felt from aero dyanmic? who the fuck knows.

the wrap around visors look horrible from a profile view.

>Nigger Ranger

You're supposed to be at least 18 to post here.

This is some cool shit. I'm in a PR mood now.

I always feel bad seeing the original Blue Ranger and remembering the actor got so much shit from the others for being gay before it was cool.

Billy was my favorite.

It came out?

It finished

Touch a nerve, Dan?

>mfw they turn on the lights on the helmets

I'm always in a Power Rangers mood

Ursa Maelstrom

>Also not sure about giving everyone swords-

THOSE ARE EVERYONE'S ORIGINAL WEAPONS FROM THE TV SHOW NON-OLDFAGS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They look like nothing out of Mass Effect you fucking retard. They're just stylish modern updates of old 1970's designs, they'd fit right into a modern sentai show.

>The same people with the obsession for Power Rangers and re imagining them or bringing them back to popularity only ever focus on the first team, not the dozen other teams, and likely have no interest or knowledge of the original Super Sentai material or even Kamen Rider.
Theres so much material. So much potential.

STOP SCREAMING ABOUT KAMEN RIDER
Sentaifags are worse than MMfagd

Did Build finally started getting good?
I droped after episode 3 because it was too boring.
Like Ghost.

Builds been great so far.

This is literally a Power Rangers thread, you can't not bring up Sentai or other tokusatsu media when you talk about Power Rangers
Also sentai is not Kamen Rider, dunno why you would consider Sentaifags related to Riderfags

What's even worse is that the power axe turns into a cannon so why would Zack hold it like that?

Anyone feel bad for Jason? Got his team cucked by Tommy and never got to prove himself.

>Also nice that they worked the little chest emblems in though I could never make sense of the marketing as a kid. They obviously never had the emblems but in every piece of promotional material that was art back then they had to slap those things on them when the show never had it at all.

They wanted them to look like superheroes, hence why the same merchandizing had them more muscled up. Early on they also had their civilian names heavily featured on the merchandising; when the big cast shake up happened they started to be more generic with some exceptions like the morphing figures. So you went from having merchandise with "Jason, the Red ranger" on it, to just "Red Ranger in later seasons. I suspect it was because they figured any cast member might drop out and need a replacement, which would ruin the merchandise.

Jason took most of his team, and the chemistry of the cast, with him. The original five MMPR cast was great because just about every character had a defined relationship with each other, with Jason as its core. Like, Zack and Kim were close friends because they both had an interest in music, but what was Kim and adam's bond? Or Trini and billy got along because Trini could understand him better, but what was Aisha's connection to Billy? And with Jason, you had him as sort of a mentor figure to billy, a best friend to Zack, a friendly Rival to Tommy, he had a respect for Trini and a brotherly relationship with Kim. When the first cast broke up, the replacements were just generic friends. Tommy didn't have a friend he was particularly close with in the group, just had Kim as a girlfriend. His dialogue with any other member would be the same no matter what. because really, tommy was never meant to work in the group, he was the loner.

MMPR is alright
GGPR is great so far
MMPR Pink is shit

They can only go up to In Space but they're hinting something big for next year for the anniversary