Concepts that make you drop a story

>Concepts that make you drop a story

Midichlorians pretty much killed my interest in Star Wars beyond the surface level.

Fags

thematically/by design female-centric society. That's why I don't like earth 11. A society where the main heroes are women is fine. A society where amazons shaped things and as a result most heroes are female is a no-no.

Russian bad guys, or anything sociopolitical

OC characters when there's tons of old ones they could work with.

IE. King's Batman

>Speedforce

Time travel and alternate dimensions aren't something I'm big on either.

>villain mc
YAY
>motivated by revenge
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The lady with the x-acto knives on her fingers in agents of shield

Basic lack of common sense in characters will do it tho

Love triangles.

it's always donna

>ywn be raped by her penis
fug

Confusion in the plot (usually caused by time travel or alternate dimension fuckery).

Rage-inducing character moments (when a character does something so asinine and OOC that It's a turnoff)

Losing the plot (when things get so derailed that it takes forever to get back on track)

Asspulls (it happens a lot in Dragon Ball, and I'm admittedly a hyprocrite because I hate asspulls in everything except Dragon Ball)

Why? It could be interesting to have a female dominated society, with a whole host of different social dynamics from it.

>it could be interesting
Lots of things could, to different people. This hasn't worked for me so far and I've only experienced unpleasantness when reading stuff with it so far.

I'm a pretty big time travel fanatic, but if I spot a paradox coming from a mile away I usually drop it. I don't know why so many stories want to use causal time travel only to have it 'change the future' ala back to the future.

Never forgetti

I fucking hate you

When the characters use nihilism as a reason to be ether edgy or go "i don't care". Even when some themes have it I lose interest, so I have a love/hate relationship with lovecraften works.

Evil twins

or shit like

>Cyborg superman
>Superboy Prime

This, Amazon’s are a fucking retarded concept and only exist to play to people’s muscle-girl fetishes.

The newest issue of Iron Fistshoes Danny housing Shou Lou the Undying in some billion dollar paddock inside an NYC high rise. Also with storage for the dragon's food, whole, live cows. On it's face the concept sounds stupid, but with Perkins serious, realistic art it fell completely flat. And I need to make cuts to the pull anyway, so IF is dropped. Good first arc from Brisson though.

400 BC people's muscle-girl fetishes

So, everything, then.

Spotted the incel.

I hate it when they change shit from issue to issue (episode to episode). Like, one episode it's a closed loop deal, next episode they start to change shit, next episode "time waves" take forever to catch up, next episode there aren't any consequences, next episode protags start to experience memory weirdness (but never before)

and also arbitrary cutoff points to grandfather/bootstrap paradoxes. Like, OK WE DID 3 ITERATIONS, THAT'S ENOUGH, THE STORY JUST GOES ON FROM THIS POINT.

Holy fucking shit how autistic do you have to be to care about this?

Yep.
Speedforce seemed like such a good idea at the time but it got way out of hand.
I liked the way they used it in the red death though.

You never had interest in Star Wars beyond the surface level.

What's wrong with satyrs?

Wait, I always interpreted midichlorians as being indicators of the force, in the same way plentiful movements of fish is an indicator of a clean river, or dragonflies of a clean pond, not the actual cause of it.

Did I misunderstand Qui Gon's speech all these years?

Was it autism?

No, you're one of the few people who got it right.

there are extremely few examples of time travel done right. Pretty much nothing Sup Forums related though outside of very few insular episodes or storylines where it's used as a plot device for that story only.

The only Sup Forums property that used it as a theme well was homestuck and even then they fucked it over in the end. Fuck it, time to watch Primer and Timecrimes for the 100th time.

Time Travel

That's not a satyr. That's a transexual alien.

that's even better

Nope you understood it some faggots like to think it's just plain magic in a sci-fi.

Holy autism Batman

This And this

Children (without superpowers) who can defeat grown adults in a fight. Drives me fucking nuts. Part of the appeal of a child character is seeing them use their wits.

I'm a slav and I love Russian mafia in fiction.
The portrayal either ends up being so dumb it becomes funny or actually somewhat well-researched enough to be recognizable.

Who is the OC?

>cyborgs/androids (to me or you go full robot/armor or you don't mix things)
>powers being messed up like pic related

I got so triggered by it. Simonson gave a nice buff to Dani by allowing her to conjure solid images, "real wishes". It was nice, we got a fun fight and etc, she learned how to conjure a spiritual spear with it (she need to keep something conjured to control her powers) and it was really cool but AT THE SAME FUCKING ISSUE she conjures a fucking car. A fucking perfect functioning car, without even the justification that she was a engineer or someshit to know deeply how to build a car. Yes, she just wished a car and that's it. She first conjured a female flying horse (by pulling a image of what Brightwing, her horse, desired the most), but I accepted that because well, she has that animal rapport powers and shit, but the fucking, oh god. WHYYYY

The car was so real that a officer stopped her because she was driving too fast.

Someone post that green text story of some Sup Forums guy getting beat up by a 10 year old

Luke and the Gothams i bet

I seriously think he believes Kite Man is an OC

>It's a will-they-or-won't-they story arc

This lmao

>Protagonist fights to win "at any cost"
>Does dishonorable and horrible things to get his way
>Suffers no real consequences as a result of this

The cat and the bat are so OOC they might as well be OC

I don't dislike concepts like these, just the way the are handled almost every time. It's like a recorder, it's actually a very beautiful instrument for such a simple design, but most people think it's trash because their only exposure to the thing is idiotic children who would obviously make any instrument sound like total trash.

I never understood the antipathy to this concept. It's always been clear that a capacity for force manipulation is something which can run in families and be heritable. I agree that the midichlorian concept was unnecessary, but all it really did was put a name to the process which we already knew to exist in the lore. It seems pretty trivial to me.

Time travel.

You've guessed it. I don't like Marvel.

You are correct, and furthermore I am under the impression that Qui-Gon's philosophies were pretty outlandish to the greater Jedi population.

Qui-Gon was a big proponent of 'the living force' which was an indicator of a bio-symbiosis that fuelled the Jedi's powers. The midichlorians are only ever mentioned by Qui-Gon or those who he strongly influenced in some capacity.

In other words, I suspect most in-universe Jedi think the same about midichlorians as most Star Wars fans do.

I could be mistaken but wasn't it how they looked for/confirmed new padawans?
Maybe that was just implied as we do only see Qui-gon mention it as you say.

To be fair, tcw pretty much implies that qui gon was right, and Luke is in a direct line to his teachings vs traditional Jedi, so I'd say he won in the end

Yup, only Qui-Gon tested for new Jedi using that method.

Quit being such bitches.

True, I dislike this cheap ass concept

PLEASE, I want to read this!

spotted the triggered roastie

Did the bottom two really happen? They really stretch deniability because the scope of them doesn't exactly seem comprehendable. You can listen to someone speak another language to you, watch someone move, read machine code, sure, but there seems to be a point where you can't see everything at once and really understand it.

What's wrong with this? She wished for a car and got a car.That's how ger powers worked after the mod.

if this was reversed, people would be calling the swordsman dishonorable.

as is, indy's pragmatic.

>all these asspained replies
90's babies.