Astérix and the Charriot Race

So how is it?

racey

the drawings look weird... i thought the writer died not the artist

The artist handed off the comic to a new team since he was too old (and unable to write a good comic anyway)

He did, but Uberzo finally came around that he was getting way too old and passed it on a new duo.

So Storytime when?

>(and unable to write a good comic anyway)
Except the odyssey of course

Oh, apparently it's called Asterix and the black gold in English. My bad for the confusion

It's less shit than the others, but it's still not good.

Nigga you're crazy. it's not the best Asterix sure, but it's good.

>An asterix comic done by neither of the original creators
I thought euro comics were supposed to be above this bullshit.

Why?
Most of our biggest names (Asterix, Lucky Luke, Spirou, The Smurfs,...) have been written by people other than their original creator since like the 70s.
THe notable exception being Tintin because Hergé's estate was opposed to it. Being creator owned doesn't stop those kind of things, just makes them less of a necessity.

I'm really glade they protected Tintin

I dunno where you got that impression. Sure, many french comics are creator-owned, but the really big ones are a bit different. Like, Asterix got handed to a new team, Spirou got sold to its publisher 74 years ago (and the author who brought it to glory was the third to work on it), Blake & Mortimer has multiple teams working on it (and amusingly it seems they very recently unearthed a last will from the original author saying there should never be more made, which the rights owner hid so they could milk it). Tintin's the big exception, but it's an exception.

also, Corto Maltese

Corto Maltese doesn't really fit the "let's franchise this shit" kid comics formula the others did.
Same way there's no Corto Maltese cartoon or video game.

>Same way there's no Corto Maltese cartoon or video game.
actually, there is.

race stereotype all over the place, disgusting

Fine but they're certainly not as marketed as the rest.

We've talked about it in a previous Spirou thread but the short version is you murrikans are the only ones who have a problem with that shit.

I think he was making a pun, user.

Is it out already?

the art in the books is okk but that new artist can't do covers for shit

Ooooooooh you're right I get it now. Darn, I feel ashamed to not have correctly appreciated such an excellent pun

Every now and then I see that Roberto Benigni is in some of the Asterix movies and it piques my interest. Are they worth a watch? The posters make them look awful but Asterix and Obelix should be a great fit with his kind of humour.

successor authors aren't to big a problem if they're properly groomed by the originals

in Tintin's case, Hergé didn't prepare anyone to continue so it was in the comic's best interest not to do so, but that doesn't mean it should never happen, just that caution should be taken.

they are decent, nothing perfect but if you like the comics you could probably enjoy it.

The idea of Asterix without Goscinny or even Uderzo just seems wrong to me.

>Nigga you're crazy. it's not the best Asterix sure, but it's good.

>DUDE, JAMES BOND, LMAO
>Dude, environmentalism, LMAO

Not to mention:
>Turns out that Getafix's magic potion requires oil, which he runs out of while Fenician merchant forgots to bring him any
>James Bond-esque Roman spy learns of this fact first hand and, despite his original goal of learning the recipe is trashed due to Getafix's faith in heroes of his village, deciced AGAINST informing Ceasar about the fact that the last unconquered Gaul tribe had just become defenseless, preferring to join Asterix and Obelix on their quest to try and sabotage it
If there is one thing I hate the most about comics and cartoons, it is the kind of storyline that could have been resolved right off the start, but is instead prolonged through turning its featured protagonists/antagonists into fucking retards.

>The idea of Asterix without Goscinny or even Uderzo just seems wrong to me.

Death of Goscinny ravaged several comic franchises, as it turned out that he was the creative engine motivating comic artists to bring out the most out of their ideas.

Uderzo, however, was a decent drawfag who ushered in a delusion that since he wrote and drew a handful of Asterix comic strips that noone read, he is obviously qualified to be the sole driving force behind Asterix's spirit in the wake of Uderzo's demise.
How that went?
>Halfway decent comic about divided village
>DUDE, Asterix has to take care of Caesar's baby, LMAO - also, Brutus is removed out of equation, LMAO
>DUDE, Asterix goes to Middle East to seek oil, LMAO
>DUDE, riding on a flying carpet to India, LMAO - also, Iznogud mentioned for no reason!
>DUDE, trip to Atlantis because Obelix became a child, LMAO
>DUDE, village becomes a battleground between Disney-esque and Manga-esque aliens, LMAO
Uderzo stepping down as the writer was his best decision.

>Uderzo's demise.
*Goscinny, I meant.

No, it's not. It's just gimmicky and stupid. Uderzo is a shit writer.

Yes, it does. It's just for older people instead of kids, but they market the shit out of it.

>Roberto Benigni
Why would that pique your interest?
And no, they're shit.

and they have all turned to crap

>DUDE, village becomes a battleground between Disney-esque and Manga-esque aliens, LMAO
That shit was so retarded

It's the best Astérix album not written by Goscinny and not drawn by Uderzo.