Are Floppies a Scam?

>riddled with ads (especially Marvel and DC)
>expensive as fuck
>very easy to damage, requires protection for storage

Should single issues be fazed out in favour of trades/graphic novels?

Hmmm. Think the cost of TBPs will skyrocket without them.

Floppies are good but they are getting pricier. It's cheaper to buy the trade right now but without floppies the trade will easily clear $40 for a Marvel trade and about $20-30 for a DC.

Understand, the story is already spoiled when a trade drops but without the floppies you paying to learn what's next.

There's convenience in floppies.

I find floppies are perfect for reading on the toilet. I'm usually finished the book by the time I'm done.

I collect trades of the stories I like though because after a while the floppies start to smell, especially if I get poop on the pages or whatever.

Sorry if that's TMI or whatever, but I feel that's the ideal length of time to read a floppy.

They're also great for bus trips or waiting at the stop.

Either you read too fast or shit too long.

>Think the cost of TBPs will skyrocket without them.
explain why graphic novels haven't? Some are more expensive, mostly european stuff, but the ones produced here are a very similar price point

Yes, floppies are a rip off and it is a major cause of the terrible decompression plaguing the comic market today

i have a big floppie collection and a lot of the appeal is nostalgia and how it feels in my hand.

but value comes in how much is inside it. some guys can do a lot with 22 pages. some can't and others don't.

Perhaps I do read too fast, hence why I'm embarrassed to admit that on re-reads I sometimes find traces of poop on the pages. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I should slow down more, enjoy the pace of the book.

>floppies should exist because I only have so much time to smear poop on my comics

Sup Forums, everyone

jesus fuck, learn to shit. You are one of those disgusting people that shit all over the toilet seat and don't even clean it up

I find that in general an issue takes 15-20 minutes to really read. Of course it depends on a lot and can be much less with decompression or with little text and a focus on the art sequences, but that's a good guideline.

Some trades are alreasy at $20-25 msrp

How do you get traces of poop on the pages?
Are you like wiping your butt with them to show your disdain?
Poop is supposed to go in the toilet. Not on your hands. Not on your comics. On the toilet paper, yes, but only toilet paper that's been brought inside of the toilet bowl zone and that paper should never leave the toilet bowl zone again.
If you are genuinely having this problem then I would suggest you stop trying to multi-task in the bathroom and place your full focus on keeping the poo inside of the loo.

>after a while the floppies start to smell, especially if I get poop on the pages or whatever

This is obviously fake, but everyone knows you're supposed to put the book down when it's time to wipe and not pick it back up until after you've washed your hands.

Holy shit. How disgusting are you?

I hope you're trolling

Maybe he scratches his butt while pooping, like in a reflex. Although you should still stop reading your comics the moment you realise there's poop on your hands.

Fuck you, did I say anything about the toilet seat? You think I shit standing up or something?

Anyway, if I read the book 2-3 times and the quality of the pages is degrading for whatever reason it's probably time to get the Trade Paperback anyway because I'm enjoying the story enough that I'd devote more time to it.

Reminds me of that Werewolf Jones comic where he goes to Free comic book day just to use the comics as free toilet paper

Some series can only be reliably found in floppies. Admittedly that's not the case so much any more but it is a point in favour of floppies. Also, if you buy a floppy on a whim and it turns out bad that's a lot less money down the drain than a trade.

>You think I shit standing up or something?
I don't know and I don't want to find out. I just want you to learn to fucking clean up

Antologies>floppies

>phasing out print for print

Its over user. Anything new should be digital.

At what point did I EVER say or imply that I don't clean up after myself?

This.

I miss the old Marvel Comics Presents anthologies, volume 2 barely had a chance to get going before it got axed. Even if they had to put it out in black and white i'd still love to get those again.

when you said you find shit in your comics

That is after SEVERAL re-reads and when it gets to that point, I'll then invest in the trade because the story is clearly worth multiple re-reads. The trade lives on my shelf, not the toilet obviously.

I don't see how that translates to "this guy won't clean up after himself/shits on the seat/whatever"

It shouldn't matter how many times you read a fucking children's book on the toilet.

Mate, you are experiencing an unacceptable level of shit outside of your toilet bowl and you need to revise your pooping protocols. In all of my years of pooping, none of the reading material in my bathroom, from comics to sudoku phonebooks to fantasy paperbacks, has ever had any shit on it.

They are the worst product for consumers. Maybe digital is worse depending on preference. But it's an outdated piece of trash for sure.

Yes, thank you. It shouldn't matter.

I'm starting to wish I never even brought it up. It's like the other user never uses the bathroom or something.

Anyway, trades and floppies are designed for different purposes. Trades last longer, but floppies can be better if you're going to gamble on a story you may not like.

Lay off the nigger, they only have outhouses

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET SHIT ON YOUR COMICS? DO YOU HAVE SHIT ALL OVER YOUR CELL PHONE TOO? YOU FUCKING DISGUST ME!!!!!

Price is the main point against floppies. Floppies back in the day (say, 1930s to 1960s) were Shonen Jump levels of cheap: lots of pages (no less than 35 pages of actual content) for just the equivalent of $1.50.

Nowadays, you're paying twice as much for about 2/3 of the content, which isn't even written with the issue-by-issue pace in mind but largely with the trade (and with future trades) in mind.

The occasional floppy might not be a horrible way to waste $3-$5, but it still boggles my mind that people pay $80+ per month on floppies, of all things. $80 worth of stories that aren't complete in themselves, that frankly aren't as numerous as they should be for $80, and often have mediocre writing and art.