JSA Storytime: Howard the Duck

Good evening owls,

If I get banned for tits, I'm sorry

Other urls found in this thread:

www36.zippyshare.com/v/LWzT4qmd/file.html
mega.nz/#F!A8gWkA5Y!Io2hx5-lCZ6CxXt7OzGH9g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hey, if you aren't bored of Gerber yet. he did a miniseries in the 1990s loosely based on that "woman and ostrich fight a lampshade" that he wrote about in that infamous missed-deadline issue.

what's out....tomorrow? how the hell did that happen?

OH FUCK YEAH!
Thought I missed it.

Mister Miracle, Scooby Apocalypse

METAL 3

I think after this it's kind of time for a non-Gerber interlude but I'm not sure what and will take reminders/suggestions

Oh, and DEATHBLOW

I am still behind on everything because right now I am barely awake and am pressing on to bring you--YOU--a storytime tonight

i just caught up on the past like 2 weeks of comics today.

Metal

JLA (did this book ever get not shit?)

Mister Miracle

And speaking of Mister Miracle...
>Mister Miracle 1 33,493
>Mister Miracle #2 (DC) - 41,575
Lee said #3 is an increase too

I think the Search for Ray Palmer arc has been alright

I love to masturbate to dead women, especially if they're getting their neck snapped.

Lobo the Duck

This is a version of Diana I feel Millar would write.

Alright, here's a link to it anyways
www36.zippyshare.com/v/LWzT4qmd/file.html

That's crazy.

that is really, really good for as much of a niche product as MM is

Wonder Woman

Looking at the comixlogy and apprently there's a Sheena book, but unfortunately it's written by Bennett.

Thanks for sharing with the class?

Probably a lot of Vision readers hopping over.

how are you owls

we had a cold front blow in, so nice and cool but bitch headwinds

You think Scooby is done after #20, Dave?

When was the last time we had an SoP? I feel like Sup Forums has forgotten what bad comics were

Is this racist?

Nah, it's getting 24 so it can fill out a final trade.
But I think that's it.

Giffen is teasing killing off cast members and he;s on a new book. End times.

A week or two ago when I did Starlin New Gods.

People got VERY upset in that thread

aaaand this is why this is a MAX book

"by the same dude who writes BATMAN" also never hurts

>he;s on a new book

can we talk about that? DC making a book JUST FOR this thread?

Yeah, but the truth hurts sometimes.

Giffen on Inferior Five is a fucking dream

OH

YES

Goddammit I swear I was off of Lemire, but INFERIOR FIVE with Giffen? With backups based on 1980s DC for Grownups? Did they tap my id directly????

lol Jerry Falwell

It's more like "JUST FOR 80s DC fans" but fuck yeah. Can't wait for it to turn out fucking terrible!

Beats the ultraviolence and swearing of most of the other MAX books.

I'm reading that Gerber mini right now, and apparently he wanted to do an Inferior Five book before Berger asked him if he wanted to do something original

also that made me have a realization and a Hot Take

Crisis worked for DC because we remember all these great runs that start with a clean #1 (with a few exceptions, Batman, Tec and Action comics)

Marvel has equally great 80s runs but no one talks about them because they're huge issue numbers and huge chunks of ongoings.

that Fantomex MAX book would be an SoP except it's not even memorably bad

I think I saw that. Would have been a kick for sure.

This and the next page are amazing

Howard sure did absorb a lot of pop culture in the years he's spent on Earth.

>book set in 80s DC
thank you based didio

How about Paradax and Zenith? I think I uploaded them to a mega a while ago

Steve, what the fuck?

>tfw Ambush Bug cameo
>He's a caustic, overworked, and cynical piece of shit who blows them off

Please

yeah, relink me

If this issue doesn't sell me on this arc this is going to be the first time since the Finches that I drop Wondie.

Not even this arc specifically, but this combined with the previous just hasn't engaged me in so long now.

And I'm still pulling Nightwing. NIGHTWING. So if I can tolerate that mediocrity but not this, that's saying something.

Weather was so nice in DFW. Weather where I can wear a jacket but don't have to is perfect.

Also I'm like 75% positive Priest was in that "Priest hates Dick Grayson" thread yesterday

His dimension is more or less like ours, they probably have the Monkees in his too, except their actual monkeys or something.

Here ya go
mega.nz/#F!A8gWkA5Y!Io2hx5-lCZ6CxXt7OzGH9g

If you do decide to storytime them I recommend doing Paradax first since that was the original, Zenith is Morrison's take on the same concept, but as a longer story.

I bet he's one hell of a shitposter

Who could it BE?!

>You're my supervisor
>You can do whatever you want with me

>neez

I hope he was. I almost want Priest to write Dick just so he'll do something different so those vocal fans who don't like anything that isn't Dixon and Barbara scream about it lmao

now this is painfully topical, jesus

I love old internet.
All those kids in 2002 are now 15 years older too. :)

It's Doctor Bong, isn't it?

Good ol Bong

same

Dick gets put on a weird pedestal and it's nice when writers disregard that

you also probably can't get that dialogue through in your average Marvel book

This reminds me of a Simpsons episode.

I'd be interested to see what he would do with him, even as a big Dickfag. The superspy angle was such a great idea I'm open to people experimenting with him, since theoretically you don't have the same limits you have with someone like Batman, yet his fangirls (and let's be honest, it's mostly girls) get super butthurt when you try and go outside his status quo.

Bev a slut (but not with Lester until later in life)

Dr. Bong MAX is hardcore.

Mneh. A writer who's uninterested in a character getting that character never, ever ends well.

And Priest is the chowderhead who first broke up Danny and Misty.

>Mneh. A writer who's uninterested in a character getting that character never, ever ends well.
I disagree.

LOL

So I was trying to think of which writer in comics would have the perfect sense of humor for L.E.G.I.O.N. if DC decided to revive it and I really can't come up with any. The closest I can think of is maybe Mark Russel or Ennis but they don't seem right, anyone else have any ideas?

inb4 a meme answer like Priest or King

Bedard

I would totally read Mark Russell's L.E.G.I.O.N. IDK, I think he'd kind of take to the crazy space shit, it's just enough not-capes for him and he's definitely got the mean/dark streak for it

>since theoretically you don't have the same limits you have with someone like Batman
Seeley's been saying he's got a ton more freedom on GLs than he did on Nightwing

Bedard burned me so much during the New 52 but I might be interested in giving him a second chance.

Three ways it can end:
Kills said character
Portrays them in such an OOC way that it's completely ignored by subsequent writers.
Or worse, isn't. And then we get "Vision is a Toaster." and "NO MORE MUTANTS" as part of Wanda's character until the heat death of the universe.

Wanting to do new things is great, not liking a character because you think nobody's going to do something new with him is fine.

But if a writer doesn't have some level of passion for the character, he can't be trusted not to wreck the toys for everyone else.

R.E.B.E.L.S. v2 was on the lightweight side but enjoyable, and KFC has been a great delight, so without N52-style editorial...

And there's the problem, not that many comic writers right now have a dark edge to their humor. It's something that I think is sorely missing right now.

>want me to find some chains?
lewd
But yeah it's depressingly hilarious how her friendship with this duck completely destroyed her life. That's love.

Yeah, what little I've read of Zdarsky, for instance, can go dark but it's far too surrealist or into uncomfortable/humiliation jokes for me

Admittedly I'm biased because I really want to work on a bunch of characters I really don't like and never have, but I still think that if a writer writes a character/team they dislike but is still passionate enough about it, it could turn out very interesting.

Wasn't it R.E.B.E.L.S. that turned Starro into a generic ass alien conqueror?

I know, that's why I said "theoretically". I'm sure DC in practice is super protective of him but you should be able to do all kinds of things you shouldn't be able to do with Batman because of status quo.

And then ironically Batman has a kid and is getting married now. Though I'm sure someone like King gets a lot more leeway than Seeley.

I think I've said this to you before to me, Zdarsky is a case of someone that thinks he's much more clever than he actually is. I would've paid to see Zirch rip him a new asshole.

I forgot, I was thought that maybe Spencer could fit but he would take himself too seriously when doing the satire bit.

Did you see the previews Lemire posted? The Dominators are back

I can't tell if that's Giffen being Giffen, or Lemire being a huge Giffen fanboy since JLI and Legion are two of his all time favorite comics and he owns custom bound full collections.

Parker!

You think Bev "played house" with Bong in MAX the way she did in 616

Yeah, the persona is really not something that clicks with my personal taste, either.

btw enjoy my hasty attempted blue-board mutilation of this page

I like Parker a lot but I can't think of when he's shown the consistent "go for the meanest option" that vintage L.E.G.I.O.N. revels in

This book is 616 actually.

>no Whoops! Can't show that in a Christian manga!
You've let me down, OP.