youtube.com/watch?v=Tl79M9rtRtw
youtube.com/watch?v=k84-cRlwz7I
youtube.com/watch?v=7sxFyu_U2go
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Made of pen and ink!
>She can win ya with a wink!
The waifu national anthem.

She's still got it

What happened to sex symbols in cartoons that don't just look like videogame box art?

I always liked the idea of Betty Boop more than the actual look of her.
In fact, I always found her design uncanny.
She's a fun character to watch (I find all the shorts she's in really fun and enjoyable), but she is painful to look at.
It's the same shit as "As Told By Ginger". Her face shape is weird, and her fucking lips are too low.
Can't deny she's a classic waifu though.
7/10, Legendary Tier
It's a pipe dream to think we will ever see another Betty Boop solo film, but maybe one day she'll make a comeback.
And maybe then they will finally fix her ugly ass up a bit.

The Hayes code ruined cartoons

Well, she was originally an anthropomorphic poodle, I think, and her design was changed only enough to lop off the obvious dog-girl bits without taking away features like her canine jowls. The result is, yeah, kinda uncanny.

Aw, Betty's a cutie. Her chubby cheeks and little mouth don't make her look like an "As Told By Ginger" character, I would never draw that comparison. Her features make her look just as cute and innocent as a flirty, seductive character can be. She's the perfect female cartoon star, in my opinion. Giving her a more traditionally "sexy" face or even a simpler, more conventional one would hurt her appeal.

What was his problem?

I never understood how betty boop was supposed to be attractive she looks like a basset hound with fetal alcohol syndrome.

She's weird as fuck looking but you kind of have to be if you're the protagonist of a funny, jazzy, surrealist rubberhose cartoon show full of funny animal characters doing all kinds of nonsense. For one of those she's kinda cute and kinda sexy. She's got the wide hips, supple thighs, the low-cut, short dress, and a cute voice.She starts off a bit rough looking, especially as a dog, but her design was refined enough by around '33.
But really, it's mostly the way she moves. Animation was everything.

I need me nendo or figma of this bitch.

>Well, she was originally an anthropomorphic poodle
Rival animation studio Van-Beuren tried to create it's own Betty ripoff character (Miss Kitty) by copying Betty down to her mannerisms and voice actress but drawn as a catgirl instead of a dog girl.
They got a nice lawsuit from Fleisher studios instead.

youtube.com/watch?v=CY65A_nvfcc

>They got a nice lawsuit from Fleisher studios instead.
Really? I can't find a source for that. If true, that's pretty stupid. All of the golden age cartoon studios borrowed and recycled stuff from each other. Bimbo is based on Mickey, Mickey is based on Felix. Mickey Mouse knockoffs appeared in Betty Boop cartoons all the time, too.

rotoscoping

Was he a rapist?

Van-Beuren tried to ripoff Betty Boop and then Mickey Mouse by creating (ha) Milton Mouse and Rita Mouse to ride on Disney's coattails.
Disney sued them as well so Milton got axed and Miss Kitty was redesigned as yet another Mickey ripoff to take Milton's place as the company's main character.
youtube.com/watch?v=s_k9MTWm6Aw

Cuphead was a mistake.

Yeah.

I thought that was implied with the big woman pushing a cart full of babies back down from the mountain. Half that village is probably children of the mountain.

no

She was cuter as a dog

This thread is the top quality content I come on Sup Forums to see.

>Van-Beuren
Sunshine Makers is one of the most unsettling films cartoons I've watched - not sure if it's the character designs, or forcing others to be happy.

Random trivia for the day: Betty Boop's VA voiced Popeye for a time.

behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Popeye/Popeye/

We need more lewds of Boop.

Stop that meme please, the 40's cartoons everyones loves were made after the Hays Code anyway.
the real problem is people stopped to be interested on black & white cartoons because colored cartoons came (you could blame Disney for this who started to produce cartoons only in colors unlike Fleischer).
but post-Hays Code Betty Boop was still pretty cute: youtube.com/watch?v=N2BZtvSJ5v8

>fix her ugly ass up
of all the things you could reboot, bringing betty fucking boop back with a redesign might be the worst possible choice

O-o-o-oh o-o-oh o-o-o-oh o-o-oh!

A cat is more than fine

>Mickey is based on Felix

Mickey is based on Oswald, Oswald is based on Felix

Yes.
He raped a hippo woman and she gave birth to his children.

I know, but that's splitting hairs

crippling opium addiction

All the best Betty cartoons were pre Hays Code. It was like a totally different cartoon afterward. I really prefer the greater application of absurdism/surrealism, the more over the top physical humor, the sultry tone, and the more provocative, flirty Betty (with a more receptive cast). I'm not that guy, there were tons of great cartoons after the Hays Code went into effect, but I'd say it did ruin Betty.

Underrated cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=Tl79M9rtRtw

He wanted people to know the story 'bout Minnie the Moocher. Apparently she was a red hot hoochie coocher.

Ah yes, pure cat drugs.

I agree 100%

I DON'T WANNA BE A FUCKING MEMBER!

Poor bastard. No man deserves to have their ass groped as much as him.

storytime thread?

Movies generally considered to be classics were made during the period the hayes code was "in force". Creativity works better when you have some kind of guidelines and restrictions to reign you in.

Go on

>whaaa people are talking about something I don't like

No one made you click on the thread user. Learn to hide threads

Gonna do the recent run, too?

maybe but just the first issue.

It's the best one so it's really the only worth doing.
Thanks user.

Also, I feel like I once saw a Betty Boop Halloween special comic, but googling has only shown a cover of the recent run came with a Halloween mask.

Hot damn, what a body they have

This thread has nothing to do with that game anyway

youtube.com/watch?v=k84-cRlwz7I
I'm rolling I'm rolling I'm rolling Uhhhhhhhh

I like Betty but after seeing so many fat white trash women wearing t-shirts of her, she's been kind of ruined for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=7sxFyu_U2go

HELLO MAY, I'VE GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH YOU

ended

thanks

hawt

Wasn't there some british celebrity from American idol or something bought the movie rights and was planning on making a reboot film. Does anyone have any information on that?

>just man-shoulders my shit up fampachirino

he was Charles Manson before Charles Manson