How does it make you feel that Emperor Hirohito, leader of Imperial Japan, the guy who got nuked twice...

How does it make you feel that Emperor Hirohito, leader of Imperial Japan, the guy who got nuked twice, the guy who had his nation occupied by the allies, was a fan of Mickey Mouse and visited Disneyland in the US in 1975 with his wife?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politikin_Zabavnik#After-war_years_.281952.E2.80.931967.29
youtube.com/watch?v=n4vrt8XojA8
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Hristos_se_rodi
vreme.com/cms/view.php?id=1228890
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

indifferent.

Just like I'm indifferent that Hitler fucking despised Mickey Mouse

What Stalin's stance on Mickey Mouse was, I'm unsure. I'm going to guess also indifferent.

I would imagine the visit was probably a precursor for Tokyo Disneyland.

Hitler drew fanart of Disney. Look it up.

>occupied

You mean rebuilt at huge expense with no thanks

>Just like I'm indifferent that Hitler fucking despised Mickey Mouse

Hitler loved Disney. troll harder

Based Tito had better taste.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politikin_Zabavnik#After-war_years_.281952.E2.80.931967.29

His favorite was reportedly "Who's Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf?"

"he latter was, of course, a German fairy tale known as Sneewittchen. Hitler despised modernity; in his heart he harkened back to the tales of the simple Aryan folk. As for the Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Hitler considered it among the greatest movies ever made. During a 1938 visit to Germany, Roy Disney sold the film to the Propaganda Ministry, one of 50 American films bought by the Nazi regime that year. The film was never shown due to growing anti-Americanism, but der Führer had a copy delivered to his private movie theater in Ubersalzberg.

What he saw embarrassed and upset him. Hitler was by no means a total fan of Disney -- he considered Mickey Mouse to be a degenerate tap-dancing idiot -- but even the leader of one of the world's mightiest nations had to bow before the technical perfection and animated wizardry of Snow White. German animation could not have produced anything like it, despite the presence of talented animators such as Kurt Lodel and Wolfgang Kaskeline. Hitler was reportedly furious about this unhappy fact. (Germany did have a studio producing animation under the direction of Joseph Goebbels known as Deutches Zeichenfilm, but the only significant film produced was a forgettable 1942 opus about a canary called Der arme Hansi.)"

>Tito's reputed answer was: "Why not, I like Donald Duck"

What do you think Mickey is saying to him Sup Forums

Do you think Hitler would've browsed Sup Forums if the internet was around during WWII?

Hitler had mickey maus wristwatch of mickey in ss uniform found on him when he offed himself.

Imagine what it must have been like for the guy in the suit. It's 1975, your pay is shit, you're stuck in an all concealing mascot costume in southern Cali, you're wearing underwear that is shared among the other costumed performers, and you're expected to impress the fucking Emperor of Japan.

Why do we sill protect a country that has yet to apologize for committing war crimes?

We should gift Japan to China and South Korea.

>Why do we sill protect a country that has yet to apologize for committing war crimes?
Why should they? It is not like america havent done war crimes. Japan just doesnt care

Nah, Hitler was huge weaboo.

It's feels like victory to me

>As for the Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Hitler considered it among the greatest movies ever made.
>tfw you have the same favorite Disney movie as Hitler
Not sure how to feel about his

>the only significant film produced was a forgettable 1942 opus about a canary called Der arme Hansi
Anyone ever watched this?

Do not disrespect me, haha.

I saw parts of it, I saw a couple of WW2 Nazi animations during my search to find the full film of pic related
My quest led me to find articles detailing the animation's creation, the documentary having footage not on Youtube, and an obscure Russian website that has frames of it you can't find anywhere else on the internet

How do I learn to love the mouse knowing he works for shitty company?

Is youtube.com/watch?v=n4vrt8XojA8 it?

The one Deutches Zeichenfilm made?
Yep

Zabavnik is pretty based, they also often use gorgeous cover art.

But it's more like some kinda Popular Science magazine inside with lots of articles about "facts that astonish". Mostly science, nature and human interest stuff.

Used to read it as a kid when I was visiting Jugoslavia.
There also was a comic anthology magazine named Stripotheka where they also published drawn tiddies in the 80's. Kinda comparable to Marvels Epic line around that time. They used to publish stuff like Flash Gordon and Prince Valiant but got cheeky in the 80's and sneaked some pretty cool stuff under the censors noses once comics got a better rep as artform.

My mind was blown when I first read Richard Corbens Den (published 2 pages per issue on the colored back cover.

Hirohito loved Disney and wore a Mickey Mouse watch all the time and I believe he was even buried with it on.
Did you get this pic on /his/ btw?

>What Stalin's stance on Mickey Mouse was, I'm unsure. I'm going to guess also indifferent.
Actually, Stalin recognized achievements of Disney. More than that, he ordered to organize studio Soyuzmultfilm as an answer to Disney. It was the largest studio in whole USSR and produced a lot of great work.
Also Stalin was a big fan of Chaplin and old Hollywood films in general. And he also wanted to kill John Wayne, there was even a plan for assassination.

What mickey whispered to him?

>I had an uncle at pearl harbour Hiro

Yugo stuff on Sup Forums? fuck yes.

Croatian Christmas greeting on Cyrillic.
Weird.

He was a bit of a dork.

>Why do we sill protect a country that has yet to apologize for committing war crimes?
Because without protecting homeland there can be no country, silly american.

Because China is awful and South Korea would cause a massive political mess.
Lots of hard feeling in that part of the world, and its not like Germany where surrounding nations may have some old claim on their clay to work off of.

What makes it Croatian exactly?
By reading the release date, it was prepped just two days before Orthodox Christmas.

Because Israel shouldn't have to apologize for building houses on contested land

Porky pig should have never cross mickey on that day

>Oh look John's freaking out again
>Hey John
>HE'S OUT TO GET ME I TELL YA
>Who is
>STALIN. STALIN AND THEM RUSKIE DOGS. THEY'RE WATCHING ME, WAITIN TO STRIKE
>Whatever you say John

I love Mnkamnw Mouse

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Hristos_se_rodi

Oops, I was wrong.
Mixed up my traditions.

I'm serbo-croatian and not really devout.

>Stalin inherited Goebbels's movie library after the war; he loved Chaplin and films such as In Old Chicago (1937) and It Happened One Night (1934). In the archives, I found a document requesting Tarzan the Ape Man (1932).

>Westerns with Spencer Tracy and Clark Gable were also favourites. Stalin the solitary, pitiless and Messianic egocentric seemed to associate himself with the lone cowboy riding shotgun into town to deal our brutal justice. Hence, he liked director John Ford's work - and John Wayne.

>Khrushchev recalled how Stalin would ideologically criticise cowboy movies - and then order more. But, in spite of his enjoyment of the films, one source claimed that Stalin once declared at the end of a showing that Wayne, a vociferous anti-Communist, was a threat to the cause and should be assassinated.

>Whether Stalin was speaking drunkenly in the early hours, or whether he meant what he said, such was his power that, either way, the order was quite likely to be executed. Assassins were supposedly sent to LA but failed to kill Wayne before Stalin's death. When Khrushchev met "Duke" in 1958, he told him "that was the decision of Stalin in his last mad years. I rescinded the order."

Mika Mish

Where the fuck did this "Japan has never apologised for WWII" meme come from?

out of control memes.

They denied that japan has ever used comfort women, the lab they did experiment on POWs and many other war crimes.

Underrated post.

Are you prepared to get mind blown:
Mika Mish is a Serb version of Mickey Mouse, not the same character.

>The main character of these stories was Mika >Mish, portrayed as traveling around the world, >searching for the land of the Invisible ... Mika >Mish there encounters the dwarfs, which >resemble the dwarfs featured in Disney's >feature-length animated film Snow White and >the Seven Dwarfs (which Disney's studio >started to work on only two years later in 1934, >where it premiered two years further in 1937). >The story ends in a completely Serbian style, >with dwarf trumpets playing in honor of Mika >Mish, followed by a grand feast with roast and >alcohol!

>An interesting question arises: is Mika Mish >the same as Mickey Mouse? More precisely, >is the celebrated cartoon hero and comic book >character "borrowed" by Serbian authors? As >absurd as it seems, Mika Mish seems to look >like Mickey Mouse, but he is his own >character, independent of Disney's creation.

source from a Serb article:
vreme.com/cms/view.php?id=1228890

>Unless you want another Hiroshima, don't talk about my business haha

Sounds kind of similar to USSR version of Wizard of Oz called Wizard of Emerald City.
It supposed to be a translation, but it became pretty much its own thing with it's own characters and chronology. First book somewhat resembles the original, but only in superficial details. It got to the point, when one of the last books was devoted to protagonists fighting alien invasion on the land of Oz.
I'm pretty sure it was popular in Eastern block.

>TWO NUKES WASN'T ENOUGH HAHA

>I don't know what's harder, you coming to America or my dick haha

>Also Stalin was a big fan of Chaplin
The feeling was mutual, judging by how he gushed over the gulags.

Holy fucking shit i hope Amaterasu smite this fucking thread, i'm dying over here

>The fuck you lookin at Chinaman haha

>Your family sure looks nice over there haha

>Enjoy the the show Tojo ?, cause my nephew sure didn't on Guadalcanal

>The blood is on your hands, you slanty-eyed gook.

So? America denies a lot that shit too.

penispenispenispenispenis hoho!

What about the son of Kim Jong Il who was disgraced after getting caught trying to sneak into Disney Japan?

The mouse killed him not lord dong.

Stalin was REALLY big on American entertainment, he loved Westerns and what passed for shoot em ups back then

Well, the government of Japan did apologize for war cimes once but then they rescinded that so no. The Japanese actually has not issued an official apologize to China nor South Korean that stands to this day

>That feel when your god-emperor must submit to the Mouse

No wonder the Japanese are still salty over losing the war to this day.

>Donald slew scores of your soldiers haha

>German animation could not have produced anything like it, despite the presence of talented animators such as Kurt Lodel and Wolfgang Kaskeline. Hitler was reportedly furious about this unhappy fact. (Germany did have a studio producing animation under the direction of Joseph Goebbels known as Deutches Zeichenfilm, but the only significant film produced was a forgettable 1942 opus about a canary called Der arme Hansi.)"

Does this mean...that in the alternate world where the Axis won, anime comes from a revitalized German animation industry instead of Japan?

Similar to the timeline where Hitler makes it into art school and does background art for Disney's "The Snow Queen" (1952)
That's also the one where the Nova Roma takes over Europe, tho.

>Similar to the timeline where Hitler makes it into art school and does background art for Disney's "The Snow Queen" (1952)