Are Rick and Morty fans the new Invader Zim fans?

Are Rick and Morty fans the new Invader Zim fans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lyLUIXWnrC0
youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Worse, they're the new bronies.

Bronies did the same thing in McDonalds when they were doing MLP toys.

TO BE FAIR

I dunno. I liked Zim but not R&M.

invader zim is good tho rick and morty is shit what a bad comparison

Invader Zim fans were all about how random and silly they show were, even if they were just annoying as Rick and Morty fans.
R&M fans have an extra layer of being conceited assholes.

You'd be wrong anyways. Cuz there's 3

tfw not intelligent enough to enjoy r&m

Rick and Mort is just this generation's The Simpsons

>Worse, they're the new bronies.

Nothing has come close to being the new bronies. Pray nothing ever does.

It's usually a buzzword to call something "Reddit", but to some degree, that's genuinely the case here. The actual fans of R&M are pretty quiet here, and it seems for the most part that 90% of the threads discussing it come from either someone shitposting PICKLE RICK LMAO XDDD, someone complaining about the fanbase, or someone complaining about the show itself.

What I mean by saying it's "Reddit" in this context is that, the majority of things people are whining about are more or less completely absent from Sup Forums itself. People are having to import things to bitch about from Twitter, Reddit, or Tumblr. If they didn't go looking for it, and they stopped the ironic Pickle Rick shitposting, you'd probably barely see R&M mentioned on Sup Forums when it's not actively airing.

they really fucking are

I've never actually seen R&M fans thinking they're smarter than everyone else or acting shitty at all aside from the McDonalds rioting, only people complaining/meming about it. But I only got into the show recently.

nothing has ever come close to brony levels of awfulness, not even jojos

Not by half. Anyone who says this has either forgotten what bronies were like, or never knew.

Nope,i love Invader Zim and can't stand Rick and Morty.

Until you can find a Mr. Meeseeks plush with a pocket explicitly for a fleshlight stitched in being sold and, more importantly, actually being bid for on eBay, you can't call anything the new bronies.

That's pretty much exactly what's going on. . And of course because this is Sup Forums and most of us are neets with no life we resort to generalizing everyone who likes the show, even the most casual fan, under the same umbrella as the retards who went to McD's. News flash, but there's retarded people in all fandoms. That doesn't mean the entire show is untouchable now and anyone who shows the slightest most remote interest is guilty by association.

the word fandom in itself is retarded because it basically applies to the grouping of all people that likes a certain thing on the internet. there's tons of casual fans who probably are too busy in their lives or don't go online so they don't even interact with other fans. but of course there's absolutely no nuance on the internet anymore so this is pointless. I'm literally wasting probably like 3 minutes of my time typing this, and there'll ultimately be like 300 more Pickle Rick bait threads posted by people dedicated to hating the show for the next few weeks.

Depends on how much Rick and Morty stuff is sold at Hot Topic. Are they even open anymore? I haven't been to one in like a decade, fuck im old

Also no,they aren't and never will be.R&M hasn't gotten a containment board and Sup Forums doesn't have a thread about it every winking second.

>Are mainstream media fans the new mainstream media fans?

>le silly user
Okay, but don't blame me when you're stabbed over 20 year old diarrhea in a cup

wasn't that stabbing over something totally unrelated, but coincidentally happened in a sauce-enabled mcdonalds?

I remember thinking it was a joke.

comedy gold

>conceited asshole
That's Mr. Conceited Asshole to you.

Not even Zim fans were this obnoxious

Apparently Dan Harmond went on a back and forth rant on Twitter being pissy about McDonalds bringing back the sauce and not giving the R&C team their dues. He later backpedaled without apologizing saying "I was tired"

All mainstream media fans are equally obnoxious.

In a certain way, I think they may be worse than bronies. At least with MLP, it's a cartoon for little girls. Most bronies know to stay in the closet and normies easily recognize them for the cancer that they are. R&M has the veneer of being for """adults""". It's socially acceptable, even hip, for a 30 year old virgin neck beard to shout "wubba lubba dub dub" or "pickle Rick!" in a way that even the least cringey bronie could never get away with.

tl;dr: R&M is less cancerous than MLP, but far more wide spread. Your millage may very.

>Most bronies know to stay in the closet
this is only true nowadays
back then they were always in-your-face about everything

Why is this show such a big deal? I normally don't browse Sup Forums and don't really watch cartoons but the whole riotting over mcnuggets sauce caught my attention and I decided to watch it to see what the fuss was about.

Finished season 1 and watched a couple of episodes from season 2 and it's not bad, but nothing to really riot over. The whole thing reminds me off Stewie & Brian episodes from Family Guy but inferior because main character is an abrasive asshole, everything needs to have testicles even trees, and the show has this annoying tendency to turn into complete nonsense. What do people like about it? Are modern cartoons aimed at mature audience so bad nowadays that it makes R&M look like a masterpiece?

I don't know either, RIck and Morty is the first cartoon I've watched in decades other than my japanese cartoons.

Did another kid get stabbed over toy horse?

No. Invader Zim was a good show with an autistic fanbase. Rick and Morty is an alright show with fans so autistic and shitty they ruin both the show and real life just by existing.

>everything needs to have testicles even trees
>annoying tendency to turn into complete nonsense
America 101.

pretty sure they're the new bronies

What I'm more trying to get at is that R&M fans are the same kind of MLP/Undertale/Sonic cringe fans that have gone mainstream. Like, to find MLP or Sonic cringe, you have to go to some dark corner of DeviantArt or Tumblr. To find R&M cringe, you go on Facebook.

Man, imagine you are some poor college student living on ramen having to flip burgers to barely make ends meet, depraving yourself of sleep at night to study, and seeing a horde of 23+ years old manchildren with expensive frivolous cartoon related clothes and toys assaulting you over fucking Mcnugget sauce.

youtube.com/watch?v=lyLUIXWnrC0

there are some similarities, but Zim was exposed to a younger audience that was used to much tamer content and in a very short time frame, so it probably had a more powerful impact, at least to its target audience. At this point R&M is much more popular and widespread than Zim ever was, so Rick and Morty fans are a less specific group.

Smart heartfelt shows people put real effort into that lowest common denominator clung to like a cancer.

Yeah its the new zim.

I'm still a zim fan and i still love rick and morty, everything that gets any fame turns into this, if everyone with value just leaves then all you have is cancer and your favorite show dies. Just enjoy what you like and don't let cancer ruin it for you.

It doesn't help that they have cult leaders spraying Flavor-Aid into their eager mouths.

Dan Harmon is making a complete ass of himself on twitter right now.

>Smart heartfelt shows
>Mainstream media
Get fucked.

>Dan Harmon is ... a complete ass
And the sun is bright as shit.

Oh great another idiot bashing something they don't understand

Sit the fuck down and read a few books.
Hell, go browse wikipedia so you can understand the high level humor in play here.
I will LINK YOU a few articles on quantum physics, advanced cryptography, philosophy and even human biology so you can at least grasp a SLIVER of the comedic gold that is this show

Sure you might not be able to comprehend it, but don't bash what you don't understand retard

see this right here is why this show is garbage
You aren't fucking superior for liking a cartoon show

Dude i'm so shocked that both shows can be in the mainstream and actually come from a place of honesty. Zim put so much money into the animation that it will never come back because the royalties are so expensive. The background music won awards. The absolute balls of just pushing whatever they could really pushed boundaries of what animation can do and the techniques in quality are being followed by anyone who wants to make a good show not just a means of making money. zim was the first real show to mesh 3d rendering and 2d art together and it STILL holds up.

Rick and morty isnt old enough to be held as a classic yet so I dont know what true impact it has but seeing how mutch dan harmon is pouring his heart into the divorce plot, say what you must on whether you like it or not, it comes from a real place. I think we need more of that and people desperate for LOL SO RANDUMB humor is just the cancer that ruins everything, but the show will always be the show. learn to enjoy something you mindless contrarian.

You know how sometimes people find someone who looks just like them? Well here's my doppelganger. Now this mother fucker was arrested at a Walmart for masturbating on a toy horse.

I fucking hate that this guy exists.

>You aren't fucking superior for liking a cartoon show
If anything, you're inferior for it.

>This is what liberals actually believe

>this is what liberals believe
If anything liberals are whiners that cant enjoy anything so ignoring the horrible fans and just liking the show is the farthest thing.

I love R&M and all the theories people come up with for the show but recently with all the trolls on every social sites who begin their statements with "To be a R&M fan you need to have a high IQ" bullshit has ruined the experience for me. Every comment section or thread I see has like thousands of these trolls who think somehow shitting on the show like this makes them cool or is the new "META" and they're being very cheeky is just so fucking sad and pathetic. I open the comment section or thread to see what people has to say about the fucking show or the the episode and not your cool opinions about it's fan. Honestly I've never ran into any fan who thought seeing this show made them "GENIUS" or only "GENIUS" people can comprehend this show since I got involved in it about 2 years ago. And before people begin to point out the recent Mcdonald Sauce fucking fest, if it was any other show and Mcdonald would've tried to pull the same 20 packet per store bullshit with their fans, the reaction would've been the same. P.S. English is not my first language so pls refrain from shitting all over my English writing capabilities.

To be fAIR

youtube.com/watch?v=XKvsLLfRpLs

where are people getting all these generalizations coming from?

i saw the video of the kid screaming about the sauce at mcdonalds and all i saw in the comments was people complaining about R&M fans, like i don't get it at all. It's a funny show, I haven't run into any of this stuff

post that pink cock

too l8, m8

>being this assblasted over the comments section of a cartoon

it's not going to last that long
and the Simpsons had over 1.5 seasons of good content before it went to absolute dogshit

It can always go full scifi like Doctor Who.

I mean that liberals genuinely believe that the mainstream media does anything other than make liberal shit. You apologizing for and supporting them means this image should be you right now.

your line of reasoning is so twisted and obviously just reveals a superiority complex you have, sorry your having a hard time finding confidence in yourself that you cling to arbitrary false dichotomy of politics. I don't give a fuck about what politics are in show all i care about is the quality of content, whining so much about liberals in your safe space is just pathetic dude. I'm not apologizing for anything, im looking at things objectively and i get to actually enjoy good shows for it, sorry you have to miss out buddy.

Did you make this pasta yourself

Spoken like a real ponyfucker, always trying to push something else as "worse than the bronies r...right guys?"

If you care about quality, why are you defending mainstream media? Go and Joe Bonham yourself.

Sounds like you have shit luck.
My dopple has the same name as me and a cute sister who came up to me freshman year to tell me I look just like her brother only older

Annon you cant possible be this angry over cartoons, wheres the anger coming from? What happened to you?

I'm not angry over cartoons; Rick and Morty are the same mainstream drivel I've come to expect since I became aware of how shit the industry is. My problem is with cucks like you defending it, like the useful idiot you are. I'll say it again, Joe Bonham yourself. Dan, if you're reading this, I want every word of this conversation in your next Hate Week.

Nah they aren't worse, they are just as annoying.

Can we send them to a quarantine chan? Just let them root there where they can be as obnoxious as they want without the circlejerk boogeyman they always talk about.

wew

I'm defending it as something unique because to me it is and I like it for that. I dont usually watch tv so its nice to find something I like, I love space and diving into interesting themes that talk about what it means to be human. it works for me and its okay that it doesn't for you, yet you plead for attention like the creator himself will notice you. What is making you feel so powerless in your life?

>What is making you feel so powerless in your life?
Fuck all makes me feel powerless, you LA armchair psychologist. Why haven't you gotten your face and limbs blown off in war, yet?

yet you'll never hurt me faggot, and your the only one mad. all your doing is whining pretending your not the thing you hate. accept that other opinions exist and get over it,if your so scared to get out of your bubble just stay there because you arnt going to change the world around you.if all you do is hate and wish harm onto others then all you'll do is hurt yourself. lock your doors tight and pray to your gun because your not ready for the real world. stay in your safe space little snowflake.

There's still plenty of good in the fanbase, like this one artist's take on why Rick really missed the sauce.

>Can we send them to a quarantine chan?

"They" already are quarantined, you moron. Do you see a bunch of R&M threads full of people praising the show? No, it's a bunch of shitposters competing to see how long they can stretch out the LOL PICKLE RICK meme. The fandom that you twats are complaining about have already been so kind as to spend all their time jerking off on Facebook and Reddit. If people who didn't like R&M shut up about it, you'd probably see maybe two threads a week.

If I needed a safe space, I wouldn't own a gun, you soft jelly thing.

that's cute
have this in return

if you where brave enough to deal with your problems without your little blanky you wouldnt own a gun. Go on and shoot me through the internet tough guy, go solve all your problems with violence like that and see how long you last before getting gunned down yourself.

The gun is the safe space you crybaby. need your widdle blanky

Nah, Invader Zim fans at least had an aesthetic, you know? It may have been shit, but at least annoying cartoon fans in the mid-2000s had a sort of dress code.
What do Rick and Morty guys have other than ~wacky~ cynical humor and badly-fitted pants?

You're right though; R&M is still mainstream. It's just a fandom made of that weird kid in middle school who was way too into Family Guy. Bronies were a literal deviant splinter society. They were a horrifying alternate reality that existed just out of phase with normal culture.

Timeline doesn't work out. If Summer was born in 1999/2000, Beth should already be in her late teens when the Szechuan sauce promotion occurred in 1998.

Guys do you think pic related could work?

i think the only reason the rick and morty fanbase got so bad is because of the word science gets trown around a lot, without it all the reddit fedoras wouldn't even watch t kinda makes me want to see rick get trown in a place where being smart doesn't mean shit

I do go out into the real world, thundercuck. Now, go get beat up by your buddies at Antifa until you're forced to spend the rest of your natural life with locked in syndrome.

>kinda makes me want to see rick get trown in a place where being smart doesn't mean shit
He's already a character in mainstream media

Well they do both have smaller amounts of sjws than most fandoms.
>Bronies did the same thing in McDonalds when they were doing MLP toys.
The bronies were bad but I don't recall many maccas problems.

>that weird kid in middle school who was way too into Family Guy
Was that really a thing?

>Bronies did the same thing in McDonalds when they were doing MLP toys.

No we did not. I was a fan of mlp during its golden years on Sup Forums and /mlp/ and there were never any riots over the supply of pony toys. Probably because they were a normal promotion that had well more than just twenty per fucking store. The only remotely bad thing that happened was that one famous video of a literal autist playing with the toys inside the restaurant.

>smaller amounts of sjws
If it's a mainstream show, the entire fanbase is regressive.

Ah so I see what it is now,you cling to violence because you are intimidated by intelligence so you keep up this whole look of being the highschool bully beating up the nerds because that's where you picked. Sounds like the only one who would be apart of antifa is you. The war of intelligence starts with them. you dont have to be smart to have a fulfilling life, im sure you have a ton of other skills, i can see you like hurting people, have you considered joining the military? thats where all the angry sociopaths with a god complex get encouraged for there efforts. or would you rather just hide from your problems in your life by working yourself up into a self destructive rage and convince yourself your a baddass on the internet for saying buzzwords about the liberals which you are noooothing like. sure. im sure you would be appalled of the thought of punching someone you dislike. or are you too weak to even try, because in that case your exactly the liberals.

Acknowledge what you are and grow as a person. the only person your hurting is yourself

Everything you said is completely ass-fucking-backwards. How about you join the military, then come back to me when you get home in a basket, eating and breathing out of a tube.

How about you boys stop waving your dicks around.

Rick and Morty hasn't had a general that drew the Sup Forums userbase so fucking crazy that it needed to be separated into a new board, so no.

I've only heard other bronies say this. I used to watch MLP and currently follow R&M just to keep up with it on Sup Forums and the R&M fans are not as bad as bronies ever were. Just because the brony fandom is dying doesn't mean people will ever accept them as anything other than creepy autists.

mlp wouldn't have gotten a containment board if Sup Forums was the only board with a problem.

It's just the fucking Honey Mustard + Spicy BBQ sauces combined.

This

>Dan Harmon is making a complete ass of himself on twitter right now.

And?

>le bait petite

A real intellectual would have posted this in Latin...

Did you like it? Any chance you'll watch any other western stuff soon?

(( Vaping Intensifies ))

Delicious new pasta

the big divide is that bronies were all disgusting fuckstarved slobs that literally circlejerk at toy r us. they're creepy intolerable fucks but none of them were violently so
r&m fans are the kind of pasty cunts that are so desperate to be chads they can actually cause damage to property or people