Why the female heroes nowadays are so... bland? We had some kickass women back in the day, but nowadays they are forced...

Why the female heroes nowadays are so... bland? We had some kickass women back in the day, but nowadays they are forced, with no personality and don't even look the part, yet are more praised than the old ones were back in the day. Even the ones that are supposing to be imposing like Wonder Woman or Lara Croft are laughable, to say the least. Male action heroes got worse too, but we still have some good ones every once in a while, although I suspect we're never going to get chauvinistic heroes like early Bond or 80s macho action protagonist played straight anymore.

Attached: sarah-connor.jpg (2700x1800, 380K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fW-jzVA8bs4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Hollywood should look at Japan on how to do female heroes.

Attached: 1518941498777.png (1270x1254, 1.41M)

YES

The world has reached another critical mass of Political Correctness and Hollywood is afraid to take chances

*ahem*

Attached: rey.jpg (612x380, 251K)

when they dont look bland/attractive Sup Forums complains about them including ungly actresses to pander to SJW. I guess they cant win

Attached: 1508342692792.jpg (1075x675, 86K)

yeah poor hollywood. great argument, yeah people really hate sarah connor and ripley. well done.

Modern women are only interested in being famous. Acting is just a means to an end. Only a small number of women these days take their craft seriously. The rest just look pretty and read their lines.

I hate to be that guys but it is nepotism and (((them)))
No way did that wonder woman sloot get the job for her acting ability.

all those kickass women back in the day like sarah connor and ripley and.....

Attached: screen-shot-2017-07-12-at-10-15-12-am[1].png (1918x1124, 1.65M)

>blocks your path

Attached: tomb-raider-arcade-game-released-to-promote-movie_w7ns.jpg (1920x1080, 539K)

This is the problem with conservatives they base everything off the assumption they are right about everything and that their intuition is perfect then when they're proved wrong they just carry on believing they're right.

>implying that doesn't imply to literal every human being regardless of political views

I used them as an example, since they are iconic and all, but really, even early 2000s female protagonists like Elizabeth from Pirates of the Caribbean were better than what we have now. Furiosa is obviously an exception compared to the majority of other movies. And I personally don't like her anyway. Only other good recent one I can think is Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy, but she's hardly the main protagonist.

Attached: Elizabeth-Swann-potc-at-worlds-end-11528383-450-537.jpg (450x537, 115K)

We're in a time where we have to ignore strong female leads of the past, for some reason, and pretend female leads are a brand new concept. For some reason.

The hilarious thing is that the movies with the strongest female leads are movies that women don't actually go to see.

The best women are either written as men (Ripley) where casting a chick doesn't matter, or written by someone who knows how women actually act and make compelling characters based on that (Marge Gunderson, Clarice Starling). Shitty female characters either have zero personality (Alice from Resident Evil, even though I personally don't mind this character), their dialogue is that fucking cringey overblown "tough girl with attitude" schtick (every Michelle Rodriguez character), or they're okay for a while and then become de facto damsel in distress (Sonya Blade, even though for the first half of Mortal Kombat she was the second type of shitty female character).

So yeah, I guess they just need to write them without gender-pandering bullshit in mind, or be written by someone who actually knows what women are like--both increasingly hard as more shit is written by man-hating dykes and sexless virgins.

>Why the female heroes nowadays are so... bland?
1) yes, they are disgustingly bland
2) no, it's not just female heros
Let's face it, we took the wrong turn at the end of the last century.

Attached: 1N5oEdC.jpg (625x774, 79K)

>but that one outlier way out there...
obvious exception is fucking obvious, but thanks captain

>2) no, it's not just female heros
Yeah, I said it so in the OP. I just want good compelling characters.

you can't just be a woman. you have to be a symbol and shit.

Because there's less emphasis on human beings, period. CGI is killing the industry.

Terminator 2 was essentially about one dude vs. another, with some Sarah Conner thrown in. Then computers came along, movies like Transformers, and normie audiences got conditioned to larger than life shit.

If the Terminator series never existed, and you walked into a producer's office today and said I want to make a movie that's pretty much 2 human beings fighting, you'd get laughed out of the office

Daenerys can stink up the role of Sarah Conner cause people don't care about roles anymore

Name three females

my bad, stopped reading way before you mentioned male kino heros. :)

same thing with nigger kino. Fucking hollywood jews are the worst.

Attached: 66na38g1.jpg (477x477, 99K)

samefag

The movies getting greenlit have to have a point shoehorned in because that's what producers are forcing down our throats these days. In the 80s, it was tits, jokes, and the Nips. In the 90s it was references and teen TV stars. In Wild Wild West, it was a giant spider. In Lethal Weapon 4, it was "chinese immigrants" that needed to be shoehorned into the script. They're always trying to infuse what they think will sell into existing scripts. Unfortunately, today that's SJW faggotry and the Chinese audience's preferences. Good characters get sacrificed for this bullshit.

Ripley in Alien definitely could have been a man. But in Aliens no way.

sure, it's a "zeitgeist" problem. But you probably also should point out that "zeitgeist" is one hell of a manipulation, nothing that grew naturally (no time for that shit, we gotta SELL SELL SELL).

Attached: THE3JEWS232234-2.gif (517x588, 11K)

>brown eyes

That's clearly not a human being though.

Cynthia Rothrock made a tidy career out of being the woman who kicks everybody's ass, although she was surely more the female Dolph Lundgren than the female Schwarzenegger

You could look at television, almost all of the women on Hercules and Xena were bodybuilders or athletes, Lucy Lawless herself was quite imposing. And in Star Trek, no woman was ever more physically formidable than Seven of Nine - who also looked like she could have easily broken the protagonist of Star Trek Discovery in half

Furiousa actually isn't a good example because Charlize Theron is old. She's been playing physically deadly characters for actual decades so it says nothing to the "actresses today are wimps" thing

Attached: bda12d8d7acd77858e2ee8798126893d.jpg (236x388, 11K)

Because they are inferior males. They should just be allowed to be pretty.

>Furiousa actually isn't a good example because Charlize Theron is old.
good point, I'd also count her as "last century", (i.e. better kino times).

They're doing neither

Jolie's Croft was both more attractive and more threatening than Vikander, simultaneously. Just look at her.

Attached: 3ca2e3a3abf0209921e65d59c5dfc5c0.jpg (1300x1763, 179K)

They really don't work out anymore, they're either anorexic or pudgy

Honestly doesn't even need to be fit or imposing, just not looking like some skinnyfit dude would be enough. Alicia Vikander, Cara Delameme, Gal Gadot, all these actresses just are not meant to play action heroes.

Delameme is insanely connected though. She only got to where she is nowadays, for literally everything in her life, through pure nepotism.

Attached: 1519775013510.png (817x1323, 81K)

It used to be that there were good characters that were female. Now female is considered a good character.

I met quite a few blue and green eyed abbos last time I went to Aus

because movies nowadays are only there to shove rich people’s kids into leading roles. they’re just commercials for people with money and a overinflated sense of self worth. daddy please put me in the tomb raider movie. daddy i must be han solo. daddy i’d be perfect to play sarah connor.

Well said. It reminded me of the good black characters of the past as well. Shame we got to this point.

Attached: predator03.jpg (630x477, 167K)

>hand over the burgers

"no"

Because women don't want to see idealized/prime versions of themselves because it makes them feel bad about themselves (jealousy). Rather, they fight to have the "average" type represented as badass to make them feel better about themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=fW-jzVA8bs4

Jeeja Yanin is pretty fucking rad.

Attached: 3f738c22d9e3454a98a039bf5731d429.jpg (1909x2048, 526K)