Defenders #6 storytime

In which Bendis once again proves he knows nothing about the law or the judicial system no matter how much he pretends to by using lots of words.
Oh, and Deadpool is here too. Sort of.

>THREE parenthesis word ballons between Daredevil and the the continuation of the sentence
Seriously?

I'm pretty sure that all these things are pretty normal for the MU, Jessica. Not to mention that in the real world the crime rate in NYC actually keeps going DOWN.

>We got rid of the Kingpin
No you didn't, not to mention that you sure as hell never did anything against him.

So last issue they were in Black Cat's penthouse, now they're on the street. How? Why?

At least the art is pretty good

Is anybody reading?

a little

I like this series. At least here Bendis is not total shit

You know who writes this. In deeper analysis you'll see he likes to center every issue independently over a single pun while disregarding any previous established facts that might interfere with that pun.

>I know a little thing or two about how the law works
Sadly for you, Bendis doesn't

>It's a Bendis has a lawyer complain about vigilantes as if it was something that would have anny effect on anything episode
Also, way to ignore conflict of interest there Matt.

So are they ignoring all the other criminal chages they could bring against Diamondback other than escaping custody?
>All the crimes he committed back in the 70s
>Faking his own death
>Shooting Jessica Jones in the stomach in her office. How come they bring up him shooting Black Cat but not this?
>Force-feeding a guy IGH and killing him in a nightclub in front of dozens of witnesses
>Assaulting Iron Fist and Jessica Jones in the middle of the street, again in front of witnesses
>The mere fact that he was doped up on IGH himself is probably a crime too
>The "Frank escaped and Diamondback was just finding out how to turn himself in" shit is laughable. He went to Black Cat's house doped up on IGH and was fighting her in the middle of the street.

How the hell did Diamondback even have a passport if he'd been faking his death for years?

>dailybugle.com
Really?
Also, why the hell is Black Cat in a normal hospital and not a prison hospital or something?

>Kingpin war
Please, Bendis is hyping this up but the NYC crime scene in the MU has gone through far far worse.
How is Hammerhead not a wanted man anyway?

The crime rate going down is fabricated bs.

>Netflix shirt
Real clever Bendis

Also, one page of Deadpool means we can put him on the cover! Yet at the same time this is trated like a big reveal...
And why the hell does Jessica think Deadpool will be of any help? Especially now that he's a wanted man for killin Coulson and working for Hydra.

Wow, threatening superheroes to leave you alone didn't work? Who'd have known? Nobody had ever tried that before.

No, nobody mentioned him, but by meeting him in person right now, you're risking being monitored by the FBI, the NYPD or whoever else SHOULD realistically monitoring everything Diamondback does. Good job Wilson, you're not risking your mayoral campaign at all.

Next time: More Kingpin "War" I guess

>Felicia lives
thanks fucking lord

And now for the Marvel Legacy primer pages

She's too pure for that.

And that's that hope you enjoyed

i like this dumb shit
thanks for the storytime

Really? Explain how, with sources if possible.

Dun Dun DUUUUH

That is one hell of a punch for a Marvel book. Almost the sort of thing I'd have expected to see in a Wildstorm book back in the good old days.

>Real clever Bendis

Let's be fair. It's pretty clever. It got a laugh out of me.

>And, as publicly as we can, let everyone know that we are together
Um, when did that happen? They have made 0 effort at promoting themselves or sending the message to the public. Ben Urich and the Bugle had to actively seek them out.

>Didn't kill her
One job, Bendis.

>I'm Jessica Jones. I'm a private investigator and I find myself working cases involving "people with abilities" about 90% of the time. You probably already heard this, but Like Cage, my husband, and his best friend, the Immortal Iron Fist, and, well... Daredevil...
>(Even though we are all pretty levelheaded, good judges of character, we hang around with a guy dressed up like the devil. But with guys who dress like that, I've learned to focus more on their actions. His actions are pretty phenomenal.)

One page in, and the dialogue is already atrocious. Who talks like this? Who WRITES like this? This is the most unnatural sounding aside I've ever heard/read in my life.

What the fuck is wrong with Bendis?

For a split second I thought that Danielle had a moustache

Holy fuck, every writer needs to take law 101 in high school at the very least. If you've ever even watched a mock trial its infuriating how stupid these scenes are

not the car

Even though Bendis' Daredevil was one of his best works, it was also full of laughably stupid and unrealistic court scenes.
The dumbest part was the whole "if the courts prove that Matt is Daredevil, then every criminal he put behind bars will be set free" plot point, which is utter bullshit because Matt was a DEFENSE ATTORNEY, by definition he can't put anyone behind bars.

>P&R reference

you win this time, bendis!

Not him, but I lived in NYC all my life.

Crime IS down, seriously down since the bad old days of the 60s-90s, but there's still police fuckery, where they encourage people not to report minor crimes, or fudge the numbers to make things look better than they really are.

A lot of crime takes place in poor neighborhoods, especially poor black neighborhoods, so most people don't notice or care as much.

Plus, the new mayor is pretty lousy, (boy do I hope he loses the upcoming election) and crime has definitely ticked up under his watch.

Still, we're nothing like Chicago or Detroit. It's still safe to walk the streets at night, and hopefully it'll stay that way.

Fuck you Bendis, I wanted to hear the answers.

Despite Bendis' lack of legal knowledge, I really like how they used court reporter art style for these pages.

Also, good point about SHIELD. I'm glad some writer is bringing it up, though I'm surprised it's a writer who's notoriously bad with continuity.

bump

If I was someone looking to get into a comic in the store this page would do absolutely nothing to make me buy it

But Gwenpool said he does his research.

So is this whole arc just ripping off the end of Superior Foes?

Hastings is a moron, nothing new to see here.

Bendis sometimes gets cops right, but always gets courts, judges and lawyers wrong.

>Danielle being a Skrull plot will never be picked up on
The one interesting thing from Secret Invasion and it is just completely dropped

Wat???

Why should they? Comic book writers literally get paid to make shit up.

Final page of Secret Invasion

I don't like how this ALSO ignores recent Daredevil developments that mean that the testimony of superheroes is now admissible in court, nevermind how stupid it is besides that, it doesn't even make sense from a 'the law is dumb and different in the marvel universe' perspective

Someone post it please?

All this street level stuff, including Kingpin and Blackcat and no Spider-man. Fucking Deadpool gets brought in but not Peter.

Say, did they ever explain how Diamondback knew to attack Matt Murdock? Does he know his secret identity or something?

Bendis said that it was a red herring

who sent her all those flowers

Hammerhead?

does he like her?

>Three parenthesis
You take issue with (((the writing))) in this book?

But his heart belongs to Silvermane!

Bullshit, he totally had plans for that. I fucking hate this guy

>Making DP that thirsty to bang your donut steel that he would also fuck cage

Bendis is such a faggot.

Killing her wasn't the Job fixing Slotts screw up was

Is there an explanation of why they are called Defenders or is it simple synergy without explanation? because there were already several incarnations of the Defenders in comics... I am surprised that there was no mention of the original Defenders or that there were no cameos of Doctor Strange or Namor saying that they can use the name, I mean... yeah, Luke, Danny and Matt were Defenders in the past, but this team feel so forced!

The Defenders were always kind of a non-team anyway. There's also an issue where everyone decides to call themselves "The Defenders" so yeah, it's not exactly the most well defended name.

Believe it or not, Bendis was planning to write this very book years ago, team name and all. It sat on the backburner while he spun his wheels on GOTG and X-Men, and was then timed to release at the height of synergy.

Bendis claims he'll eventually write a story where former Defenders are unhappy about using the name.
However, Bendis is notorious for saying he'll do things and then never really following up on them, just look at any solicits for his books. I don't think he's a liar, he just changes his mind quite quickly.

Has it been explained how Diamondback survived an explosive knife going off right next to his head?