Hank Pym

Don't get on here much anymore because of all the autism and Sup Forumsumblr bull shit that goes on, but I haven't seen one of these in ages. Let's get a thread going dedicated to the most bad ass original Avenger, Hank Pym.

Pym was Cyclops once? This legacy shit's getting out of control

That's Goliath you fucking moron.

he can blast from his eyes now though!

Jej

My favorite alter ego, Yellowjacket.

>Pymfag
You should leave.

By far my favorite book.

I suppose you prefer cycuck or stretch armstrong?

fuck off, Sup Forums has a long tradition of having a large Pymfag base.
best Ultron story, best Vision story, best Pym story...trifecta.

>best Vision story

Not sure if I'd go that far, but it is the closest we've ever got to Vision calling out a number of the other Avengers for not really considering him, or other AI characters, to be a person.

you are probably right...he had an integral role but not as big of development.

This is one of my favorite Vision story

Indeed. I also love how callous and arogant Pym is after the fight with the Descendants.

Mandatory for every thread

It will all be better soon

Post the music.

>hank pym destroy the avengers
i wish

Pymtron and Nadia meeting when we better see it in the weekly avengers book

this was great, whoever decided to storytime this that one time - i love you man

Maybe in the past 5 years or so, but I remember back in 2010 there was a lot of Pym bashing thanks to retards confusing Ultimate Pym with his 616 counterpart.

I was one of the few Sup Forumsmrades that tried to talk about Pym's glory days in West Coast Avengers but nobody read those comics. I also tried to talk about Operation: Galactic Storm which nobody remembers from the 90's despite being a major crossover event. I really hated Sup Forums back then.

The comics still fuck over Pym, but the MCU has given the character more respect than he's gotten in the past 20 years. I love Michael Douglas being Pym and the original Ant-Man. I hope we can see a mini-series or movie about him and Janet being SHIELD operatives in the Cold War.

Yellowjacket costume is a great design, too.

I'd lose the trunks to make it a bit more updated, pretty much the same revamp that, say, Green Lantern (Hal) got when he came back from the dead when he lost his trunks as well.

people read ultimate comics afther ultimates 2? now that sounds lie wild times

I hated Ultimate Marvel. The only thing that was good was Ultimate Spider-Man and this is coming from someone who despises Bendis.

Ultimates is overrated edgy shit that people liked because of Millar's retardation. I'm glad that Ultimate Marvel is dead. I admittedly tried to give Ultimate Marvel a chance after Ultimatum because with the death of so many major heroes, maybe Marvel would give secondary characters a chance to shine. I particularly liked what Ultimate Jean was trying to pick up the pieces for herself and mutantkind.

But Marvel fucked up and allowed that universe to die. They have nobody to blame but themselves.

I love the West Coast Avengers team Pym read, and Avengers Academy. And Pym was also great in Busiek's Avengers. Still, I find Rage of Ultron gave him so much passion.
>tfw He told Ultron he loved him to put him into place for him to be sent up into space. Ultron accuses him of lying but Pym never lied, tears flowing down his face

Hickman's Ultimate Thor was ok. Otherwise I agree, I hate Millar

I wish Marvel just kept Pym and Ultron in space. Pymtron is another jab at the character. Pym will never get any respect from hack writers because Marvel allows them to ignore previous characterization and development in favor of "I want MY interpretation to stick!" Shit like this is why I don't read modern comics and switched to manga, Euro comics, and buying pre-2000 comics in bargain bins.

Good choice, that miniseries was the payoff to years of Vision as an emotionless shell of himself, it's a story where returning a character to their classic status quo felt earned.

im happy nu-marvel suck cause i dont have to read shit and now i have time to catch up with the comic i missed

As a guy who grew up first and foremost as a Marvel fan thanks to the 90's X-Men, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Hulk cartoons as well as all the toys I bought, the Marvel video games on Genesis and other consoles, and reading comics like Thunderbolts and West Coast Avengers, I'm finally sick of Marvel's shit. I'm sick of hamfisting SJW politics, sick of writers and editors allowing crap writing and controversy to take helm instead of storytelling and world-building, and most of all, I'm sick of the people behind Marvel comics.

DC has its share of problems, but I've converted to their comics thanks to all the storytimes Sup Forums had in the past. I just bought JLA: Year One as well as All-Star Superman and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract.

>Pymtron is another jab at the character.
no it's not, it's a good progression. I don't want his character to stop having very rough emotional times as a character. What I want Marvel to drop is the slap when it's the laziest writing they can do. Put him through hell, but put him threw new and interesting hells.

>called reed richards a bitch
i bet even the res of the FF want to do this

And nobody cares about any of that except being responsible for Ultron and hitting his then wife. Sad but true.

If I want to get into Hank Pym, what are some must-read books? Only ever read Irredeemable Ant-Man.

it remind me of that part in king's vision wen he is remebering the 11 times he save the world and how it means jack shit to others

I was in those threads back then, and your words reached me. I still haven't read much Hank Pym stuff, but I'm always optimistic when I see him in a story. This optimism has not panned out as of yet. I doubt it ever will.

just a few
>Busiek Avengers
>West Coast Avengers
>Ant-Man and The Wasp
>Avengers Academy
>Rage of Ultron

Tales to Astonish, West Coast Avengers, Avengers Origins Ant-Man & The Wasp, Mighty Avengers, Avengers Academy

I don't mind it. The way rage characterized Pym seemed like he was emotionally exhausted. Like Pym was always portrayed as unstable or questioning himself. He sums it up perfectly when he says that he overheard cap saying he was basically selfdoubt personified. I feel like all that was stripped away and he was just numb and emotionally hate. It's been said that Ultron turned out the way he did because that's how Pym views humanity and the world deep down. I feel like Pym was the closest outwardly to this in rage and that's why it made sense for him and Ultron to bond and basically become super Ultron.

Emotionally bare*