Fucking normies [UPDATE]

Update on that normie run, normie attended "Comic Book Superheroes" Uni class.

Today I just marathoned a normie's presentation on HydraCap/Secret Empire.

AMA, no Sup Forums please

Other urls found in this thread:

tcj.com/a-conversation-with-jeet-heer/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But normies are secretly pretending to like niggers.

What did they think of the ending?

Secondary question, what country are you attending school in?

>normie
>normie
>normie

compensating for something?

Post pics from your text book

1) Apparently it's a cop out. If you go full Nazi you can never go back.

2) Canada.

This is the textbook we use, I'll post some pics of some articles when I get home if the thread's still alive

Also mentioned was the apparent antisemitism of MCU's Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Apparently, Marvel run by Nazis confirmed

You should also bring up that the guy who edited this thing was okay with the idea of Spider-Man and Mary Jane giving up their marriage to Mephisto in exchange for Aunt May's life

I was so close to pointing out that while Secret Empire is pretty shit, Hydra are still the villains.

Regardless of if Nick "I-Back-Peddle-Harder-Than-a-Motor-Bike-in-Reverse" Spencer thinks Hydra are Nazis or not

>antisemitism of MCU's Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.
?
Wanda was brainwashed and quicksilver just wanted to save her sister
Are they referring to another event besides secret empire?

She considered the movies to be antisemitic.

>Because Disney couldn't get the rights to the Magneto backstory
>Because they volunteered to be experimented on by Hydra
>Because apparently in one shot in Civil War if you look very closely to the background Wanda has a cross on her shelf instead of a Minora or a Star of David or whatever.

She called Joss Whedon culturally insensitive and a racist, as if these changes were all his idea.

...MCU Wanda is a Slav. Slavs are Eastern Orthodox Christians...

Exactly, however the change from Romani Jew to Slav for story purposes is apparently considered white washing

What pisses me off is that Marvel's been drawing them white for 6 decades, but insists they're Romanis! It could've easily been retconned that they were just from some Native Tribe or something, but nah, they draw them as Slavs and call them Romanis!

Whoops thought you were talking about secret empire wanda and silver instead of the MCU

my bad

Wait... context on this???

Did they mention that the real cap is still brainwashed and that the prequel-event to Secret Empire introduced an item that can undo it?

Tangentally related, I met a chick who was reading superman: red son on the bus the other day. Apparently it was for a polisci class.

>no Sup Forums please
Ah, gosh darnit. Are you planning to do Sup Forums only AMA in near future?

Like when you go black?

Oh shit, fellow Leafbro. Can you tell me which province? I won't specify any further, just curious

not that canucklehead, but Im in Ontario....

I dropped marvel some time ago, can someone give me quick rundown about "nazi" cap?

Really short version: A clusterfuck

Short version: Captain America gets altered by the Cosmic Cube to have always been part of Hydra, then is stopped by a recreated "real" Captain America.

Captain America got turned into a Hydra double agent by a Cosmic Cube

I (a seasoned comic reader) am taking a University course on superhero comics. It is being run and attended by people who don't know a thing about the industry

Yes, they still posited that the mere idea of a Nazi Captain America is disrespectful to the original intent of the character

I'm a 'berta boi

are you sitting quietly in the back like an autist or in the front and commanding the discussion with your greater depth and breadth of knowledge

Do you know anything about the industry? Plently of people on Sup Forums think they're experts but don't know shit about the medium/industry( or non-capeshit).

also you're a normie too.

>Captain America gets altered by the Cosmic Cube to have always been part of Hydra, then is stopped by a recreated "real" Captain America.
So...
>A clusterfuck
typical marvel

prairiefag here
sounds like a waste of credits

Do you have a reading list from your syllabus?

>Jeet Heer

oh man, you are beyond fucked. I'm a big fan of Michael Tracey, and watching his exchanges with Jeet has conditioned me to hate that street-shitting son-of-a-bitch for being a disingenuous partisan hackjob.

Explain to them how in America Slavs have been historically persecuted and treated as subversive foreign agents by default due to ongoing American Russophobia.

Oh I've been giving very based explanations to my peers whenever given the opportunity

Considering nobody in the class knew who The Nightrunner is and how many people it takes to make an average comic, I'd say I'm up there

I doubt many people know who Nightrunner is, including those who read comics regularly

Not that user, but Jeet is usually pretty good with comics even if I disagree with him on some things. I usually skip his political-only stuff though unless it's comics-related (which I do for a lot of other people).

Exactly

knowing who an obscure character is isn't exactly a good gauge of knowing things about the industry

>how many people it takes to make an average comic
1-12, more? Really, this is a stupid metric cause it's any amount you want. I'm thinking you should get off your high horse

do you know what the word average means

he's probably just talking about his class being unaware of positions like inker and colorist, which is a pretty objective metric of knowing things about comics, even if it's something small like that

>Plently of people on Sup Forums think they're experts but don't know shit about the medium/industry( or non-capeshit).

Oh don't get me started on that. I usually find that most people aggressively starting political arguments on here over a comic have bare minimum or less than bare minimum of any knowledge of the industry. Hell, it's even related to some situations outside of this board.

What are his actual comic book takes like? I only ever see him when he's being an unbearable DNC Establishment sycophant, so that's predictably soured my opinion on him.

And I think you're trying to get onto your own horse to knock him off his.

Man, can you start recording the classes? I really want to see them.

secondaries are a cancer that must be purged

my point is, it's a VERY stupid metric that means absolutely nothing. and depending on what you include everyone will get a different number. Do you include editors, publishers, letterers? Do you think of webcomics which is usually just 1 person and all digital. So many comics don't include inkers and colourers now, and many new students might just say 1 person and they would be right if their data set is webcomics.

It's a bullshit metric and shouldn't be judged to feel superior

but user, don't u know that the assistant editor on gwenpool is the person solely responsible for marvel being crappy?
Now you know!

Wow dude chill

I guess I should clarify, yes I mean how many different jobs and titles there are in the industry, including writer, penciller, inker, colourist, editor, editor in chief, publisher, etc.

A better metric? These people still ask if Fantastic Four is Marvel or DC

Did the, ahem, "normie" in question mention that the original outline for Secret Empire had Steve Rogers getting thrown into a black-site prison to permanently retire the character?

I personally am fine with them (at least, most of his comics-related work). But you might not be considering your memory of him is attacking Michael Tracey. I'm fine with him because he worked on the Gasoline Alley reprints.

tcj.com/a-conversation-with-jeet-heer/

Nope, also didn't mention Sam Wilson's role in the event.

Did mention the sales of the book however

show us the reading list

>Comic books
>Uni

I would have taken the class too but... jussayin.

Will you be subject to any assessment?

It's probably stating the obvious, but you will have to learn whatever form of newspeak and acceptable opinions the course organizers like, and just add a bit of non-controversial insight if you want to do well.

Superman: A Celebration of 75 Years
Batman: A Celebration of 75 Years
Batman of Berlin
Wonder Woman: A Celebration of 75 Years
Watchmen
Akira
Asterix and the Olympics
The Chimera Brigade
Superman: Red Son
Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) volume 1
Next Year's Man of Steel (play script)

I have to do a presentation regarding a character and it's criticisms an cultural significance

Mine's on Robin

That's actually odd. My old university had a course on comics, but the only thing related to capeshit on the syllabus was Batman: Year One.
I didn't have the time to take the course though

>Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan) volume 1
Good god, why?

Here's how I imagine the lecture:
>Good morning, class.
>So, Kamala Khan...
>She's like totally muslim.
>Stay woke.
>Any questions?

>DC the course
at least Asterix is there..

Except Wanda has never been a practicing Jew, only her father was Jewish, and Jewishness is determined through matrilineal descent.

Christ, I do not miss college.

I like those initial issues, I think you're totally right on how that class is gonna go

The Virgin Comic Expert vs The Chad Casual Reader comic when

where's the diversity? REEEEE

>Ms. Marvel

Where's the LGBTSHDFUEIWFWE
you sexist pigs!!!

Why is it 90% superhero?
I'm sure the Celebration of 75 years books cover a lot of style changes in comics but there's better examples.

Why not something like a collection of a famous golden age artist like T'aint the Meat collection of TalesFromTheCrypt stories or one of those Fletcher Hanks books.
Or when bronze age started to deviate from the campy silver age like original Swamp Thing or something from Vertigo like Sandman.
Or a look at new paper comics like Peanuts or Blondie
Or a look at western inspired works like Astroboy
Or an adaptation of a story from a different medium to compare pros/cons of comics like the Twilight Zone comics or Trick R Treat or The Hobbit comic
Or hell a biography of a historical tragedy like MAUS. Hell what kinda college would NOT go for Maus?!

Manitoba guy here

the course is on Super-heroes, it's still extremely narrow when it comes to superheroes. 4 books on Superman?

We must get really board here in Man, Sask and Alb. to have the prairies covered

>Why is it 90% superhero?

Because that's usually where most people's knowledge of comic books comes from, even whoever made that course.

Honestly though it's tough to narrow down a lot of stuff in one semester because if you want American comic book history you also need to take into account comic strip history prior to comic books as well. And so many people don't know it.

I would love it if they added Fletcher Hanks' works but that'd be very niche (at least for now) since his work wasn't influential until the last two decades.

Yeah, it gives me more time to read comics though

There was a thread a few weeks ago about a comic shop in Ontario that was closing, and that's when I learned that there are apparently 5-6 people who live in London, On.

I rarely find leaf threads but they usually are comfy.

Wonder Woman

During our Watchmen discussion, we briefly touched on Maus, DKR and the British Invasion.

Emphasis on briefly

>Canuckpreciation thread

Where's those textbook pics

Yeah son wheres they at?

But her religion is "Gypsy magic stuff" in the comics

you should ask about Earth X and nazi superman. i swear if they say the same shit about my husbando ill drive up and kick their ass myself

... She has never been a Jew.

Magneto himself is half Gypsy and half Jewish.

Outside of stupid pic related, they won't fully back down to Tumblr's demands to make them brown (there's a lot of fan-art of that out there), but over the last few years, Pietro and Wanda have often depicted as a lot more tanned than they used to be, as if that's some kind of compromise position.

>Exactly, however the change from Romani Jew to Slav for story purposes is apparently considered white washing

I hate how we just allow them to change the meaning of words.

And this is only an issue for retards who never actually read the comics, but know enough to know that Wanda and Pietro were Magneto's twins, so assume they must be Jewish, and maybe think he actually raised them.

>When MCU Wanda is canonically Christian but fan-art and fan-fiction always makes her Jewish.

God says you shouldn't have sex with toasters.

She wasn't raised with that, though. Wanda and Pietro were most likely raised as some variety of Orthodox Christians. She learned magic from Agatha Harkness in the 1970s and had occasional periods of interest in Pagan & Wiccan practices, it was largely vague as to whether this was actually her religion now, or just something that she enjoyed learning about, until her recent solo book went with her being Full Pagan.

How often is she depicted attending Mass?