JSA Storytime: Howard the Duck

Good evening owls,

not done yet

I like to lick my dog's asshole.

that's nice, why don't you tell us more

So Harley is finally getting a new creative team.

It's just Tieri but Sup Forums will lap it up like a couple of dehydrated dogs

We Witchblade now.

DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM

I didn't read anything today because I went to work

dog is all wat

also, Parsifal is an excellent name for a wise fool of a dog

Same fag.

Wondie was so goddamn boring but had lots of Diana looking awesome while flying at least

I wish Grail could have just faded into obscurity

New Super-Man had SLAM FUCKING BRADLEY, and in his original hilariously 30's macho and racist version, too

I want Wondy's brother to have a sugar daddy

Same fag.

Samefag

>Bev will never give you a piggyback ride

this

He looks pretty otter-mode so it's a good sign

anybody read Ragman?

we have some weird troll tonight

Deathblow needs to pick up soon.

And, I want to believe that Scooby-Apocalypse is headed into an endgame scenario with this new arc.

Good, there is an overpopulation problem in the world in case you haven't noticed.

Spotted the cuck. The brown people should be less on earth.

>appropriating daddy

Nice comics and cartoons post. Enjoy your ban.

oh you scamp, we *are*

as last time, enjoy my hastily censored tits

you know, there's just really not the same punch to parodying this as there was to Star Wars, or kung fu movies

Oh Pazuzu

It was good, but not great. Too bad it's dead on arrival, I was oping it would sell well enough that DC would collect the Giffen/Fleming/Broderick series.

Witchblade was pretty goddamn big once upon a time though, it even had an anime.

YOUR MOTHER SUCKS COCKS IN HELL

And a fox live action tv show

huh, really?

Honestly despite how boring the issues are and my claim last night that I would drop the series, I'll probably buy the next one for Jason anyway like the drone that I am

Bloodstrike by Fiffe.
Thoughts?

I'm still waiting on BSC to hurry the fuck up and get new copies of Copra Round One in

Sounds interesting.

Hope it's good and that Youngblood continues to be good.

18+

On the one hand, it's the guy behind Copra working on Liefeld's Zombie Suicide Squad.
On the other hand... he did write All-New Ultimates.

I'm 100 on team Fiffe do not care about Robs stuff

ANU sucked shockingly hard

this page would make people so mad today

>Thoughts?
Stop making money for Liefeld.

>Hellcow

The whole All-New Ultimate Marvel Now stuff was incredibly hampered in some way.

Like UFF 2.0 getting shit art.

so what was good today

Scooby
Youngblood

Mister Miracle wasn't as bad as it usually is this month as well.

this parody isn't working for me at *all*

Fortunately this is the weakest issue of the run, it's all uphill from here.

New Super-Man

And that was pretty much it for me with Wondie and Michael Cray being lame

Deathblow was so boring.
Which is the exact opposite of what Deathblow should be.

I guess this boob joke isn't inherently funny

This is a Christian board, OP, you know that.

also I give up, it's spoilered, if vengeance descends for it so be it

OOOGaabioooggghassssaabognas

Oh, whoops, whatever

oh boy... gender bender...

There was something like a House Style at this point in Marvel's history and I don't think I like it very much.

I think it's mostly the colouring, maybe. Or perhaps the squiggly inks.

Link?

That last panel might be just a touch too cheeky.

that was a weirdly gratuitous even for Howard side trip

>also, Parsifal is an excellent name for a wise fool of a dog

No one is surprised you like this name. OPerafag

I really dislike it, too. Just so bland.

However even though I'm glad art styles are so much more diverse nowadays, it seems like more often than not it's used as an excuse to do lazier, sloppier art. So I'm not really sure which I prefer.

Bong has appropriated Daddy status?

Whoa OP, you're skipping 4.

yeah I just noticed

This feels like a piece of directed insult- Who is the real world Ian Whippingham?

Early 00s Marvel had Quitely, Maleev, JRjr, Chris Cross, I wouldn't call it house at all.
This Preacher cover should be homaged more often.

see, no cocks! none at all!

Oh, nevermind. He's making fun of Witchblade.

Those were the exception, not the rule. Though that's definitely where they started opening to more offbeat talent if they had the chops for it.

time for Escher

It's a lot of focus given to a comic that was popular, but you clearly never gave a crap about, I think.

It lasted like 200 issues! How do you ride a series whose main appeal is "chick covered in seaweed aesthetic" that long?

What books would you consider the rule? I also forgot Wieringo, Allred, Darrick Robertson, the Dodsons...

is it readable or is it mainly tits?

Scott Bakula was a fine Star Trektain. It's just they had S1 TNG tier writing most of early Enterprise.

It's the same one as always.

This gore is less graphic than what Marvel would be putting out in non-MAX books a few years later.

>duckroll

It kinda rode in with anime in my mind, unsure if that's true or just my childhood memories. Like my gay brother who bought Oh My Goddess, Dirty Pair, watched Tenchi Muyo etc fucking loved Witchblade comics.

I still can't believe that Ares/Sentry page ever got published in a non-MAX book

it's just fucking gross

Maybe House Style was the wrong way to phrase it- There was a prevalent 'look' to Marvel books of this period, and it's not one I'm super into.

Stop trying to make this into an argument because not every book embraced it. Yes, X-Statix was around the same time, that doesn't change the fact that you can date Marvel books with this look pretty consistently to like, 2000-2004ish.

No it isn't.

Troll is relative.

I mean, they censored the swear word! what more do you want?

l-lewd

I'm talking more mid-00's here, but pretty much everything I was reading between Disassembled and Heroic Age had a very samey artstyle, to the point I can't recall the names of any of the artists. Off the top of my head, Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, JMS Spidey, Deadpool, Ultimates, Hulk, yes I know I had trash taste back then all had that similar Bryan Hitch inspired style.

Even the couple of DC books I read at the time: Nightwing, Teen Titans and Green Lantern, had a similar look.

I don't know how to describe the style other than "Bryan Hitch" to be honest.

Yeah, this is what I'm trying to say.

That spread is sublime if only because the swearing is censored. It's great doublethink.

One can argue that Howard isn't technically being a cuck here given that the caveman is more like a fancy sex toy than another person.

I think you're onto something with the coloring

>Heckblazer time

'Spherecuck' proves you can be cuckolded by inanimate objects IMO.

Bev took a serious hotness downgrade for this book.

That's not Dat Ass. It's barely even D Ass.

Man, Not-John really let himself go this time.

And it was the word "bitch".

That page is like the absolute epitome of 00's Marvel to me, even though IIRC it was 2010.

Heroic Age blew dick and was mostly just more of the same but it really did mark the beginning of the move away from the shit that Disassembled started. Blackest Night and Siege were like the climax of all of that era's tropes.

>he thinks the Earth is inanimate
lmaoing at your life

This is a persuasive and logical argument

Well, I suppose it was inevitable that Howard would run into Alan Moore.