Why pol doesn't believe in climate change?

Why pol doesn't believe in climate change?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailycaller.com/2016/07/20/global-warming-expedition-stopped-in-its-tracks-by-arctic-sea-ice/
youtube.com/watch?v=5c4XPVPJwBY
corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position
youtube.com/watch?v=5IKIazZc-a8
youtube.com/watch?v=j0YOXVlPUu4
youtu.be/Gh-DNNIUjKU
youtube.com/watch?v=M1cMnM-UJ5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because every prediction that has been made by the fear mongering warmists has failed to happen.

It might be real, but all of the predictions in the last 10 years have been completely inaccurate.

Bad weather happens, but I don't see an accelerated rate of bad weather happenings.

Better international reporting + high human population + the natural change in earth climate are more than enough to explain climate change.

I'm not saying pollution is good, or that CO2 doesn't impact the temperature. I'm just saying the hockey stick is wrong, and so has every other major prediction.

Oh wow this picture convinced me

>climate change caused those tectonic plates to clash starting a submarine earthquake

>tsunami
>climate change
Into the water you go, OP.

What the fuck does an earthquake and tsunami have to do with climate change you dumb cunt

>Sup Forums is one person
Saged

Name one without naming something that was debunked like all the fruity shit religious people say about dust levels on the moon.

Cause fuck you. That's why.

The people that run the climate change programs are in it only to make a profit. They don't care about the realities of the science. It doesn't matter to them if climate change is or is not real. They simply ride whatever study's going on and do anything they can to profit from it.

Sup Forums is not a smart place, user.

I believe it I just don't give a fuck about it.

Name one prediction?
Raising sea levels flooding new york.

Artic ice sheets melting

This. They make profit, stretch the science to get the environmentalists and hippies to vote.

No real plan, and they do nothing about China, India or Brazil.

Bait thread.

dailycaller.com/2016/07/20/global-warming-expedition-stopped-in-its-tracks-by-arctic-sea-ice/

I hate these shitty types of slide threads because they're so low-effort that OP never even posts.

>but I don't see an accelerated rate of bad weather happenings

Of course. Blizzards, Hurricanes, Floodings, Droughts etc, got measurably more devastating throughout the last centuries.

I happily wish every climate change denier to face the consequences of their denial, unfortunately we share the same planet.

Denying climate change is the most fucked up thing I've seen so far on this board, far ahead of holocaust denial and loving an imbecile like trump

Climate Change is a natural thing.
Man-Made climate change is the contested issue, and you are not a good troll. In fact, you do it badly.

youtube.com/watch?v=5c4XPVPJwBY
I think outside force has alot to do with our climate

But I do. I just don't think cap and trade has any effect. It's too late to scale back now, we should keep the industries and society going at full speed until we get strong AI or leave this rock.

Damn...

We do believe in climate change, we just dont think it's our fault, because that's retarded.

The same people that think riding a bike makes a difference in the weather are the same people that think their life would be 10x better if the became White.

Arctic ice is melting

New York hasn't flooded yet but sea rise has been documented across the world, and higher oceans did play a part in historic flooding during Superstorm Sandy

Wait, how is Co2 emission not our fault?

because the climate never has and never will stay the same

myths perpetrater by criminals fare poorly here

B8. Kid thinks riding bikes produces CO2 emissions.

Y'know, we germans only have a few, selected regions where we can harvest wine-grade grapes. In these regions, it is by now common knowledge, that summer and autumn, have increased in warm days, substantially enough to have a better harvest. A harvest, which gets better each year.

So there is some sort of change, and all but outlying pointers, direct the fault for that to human causes.

because it's coupled with

>DOWN WITH CO2 HUMANS ARE THE ONLY CAUSE OF CLIMATE CHANGE, INSTALL SOLAR PANELS RACE WAR NOW

reeks of religious fanaticism

the whole Al Gore "Inconvenient Truth" book/documentary/talk.

Yeah
But the claim was that New York would be flooding by now. It's not even remotely true.

All the end of the world exaggerations are false.
They claimed these "happenings" would be starting now.
And yet... I enter another seasonally average fall weather pattern, after a seasonally average summer.

The climate might change, but there's no reason to believe we'll all die from it overnight.

HUE HUE HUE MUH CLIMATE CHANGE

Okay, here's a few, you cucked nigger.

>Polar bears can't swim
Ice sheets are melting and killing Polara because Polar bears can't swim. Polar Bears are the best swimmers amongst land mammals.

>When I was in school it was Acid rain
They said in forty years (this was the 90s) Acid rain would melt us and we'd have to live in caves.

>Fossil fuels are running out
Nope. They aren't even close to running out and never have been.

>Global Warming
Truely false, they had to change it to "Climate Change" because the earth isn't waeming amd when it does it's scheduled too.

>Ozone Layer
Will evaporate and the sun will melt us.

All of these are fake and have been debunked. Don't you remember the liberals puahing these as fact before they were debunked? Now theu are dead.

>All of these are fake and have been debunked.

The only thing debunked is your mom.

Even if the worst case of climate change I ever heard of happend, this picture would never happen.
Do you think the ocean would rise in 2 hours or a week? Even if, all of climate change horror scenarios are real, people on the phillipines would be slowly fucked, since they need to move and I wouldnt care because we now have fuck tons of new farmland and cheap oil. Even if, it wont fucking end the world, there would simply be winners and losers.
If you think humanity would go extinct from something like this, or that some kind of The Day After Tomorrow will kill thousans of people, you are retarded.

Sauce video?

I haven't seen that one yet. I've got a thing for tsunami videos

lel
you huns really got assraped with that whole holocaust bullshit, it's a good thing any European with half a brain and a pair of balls left for America a hundred years ago

>2016
>not being on board the off-the-grid decentralized solar train

corporate.exxonmobil.com/en/current-issues/climate-policy/climate-perspectives/our-position

Even big oil accepts AGW, deniers are literally retarded.

Worst case is some serious economic problems for western countries and significant decreases in arable land along the equator.

Watch the fucking al gore movie.

World already should be a burning oven.

bullshit stop your fucking lying.

Carbon offsetting is big business.

obviously there are changes in the climate. It's usually on a cycle though, and it is very blown out of proportion

>all of the predictions in the last 10 years have been completely inaccurate

And yet the temperature keeps rising.

Boy nothing says trustworthy like an image macro from ExtremelyPissedOffRightWingers2.

>round Earth

u wot m8

Man-made climate change WAS real at one point. But we fixed our Ozone problem almost completely.

It's pretty amazing, when you think about it.

When we actually did fuck the planet up, we immediately started sorting it out.

Because apparently we all need to conform to be as outlandishly retardedly contrarian right wing as possible no matter what evidence points otherwise

Most of Sup Forums are high schoolers

This is now a tsunami thread

youtube.com/watch?v=5IKIazZc-a8

1 because they said the world is going to end in 4 years and where I live should be underwater.
when that didn't happen they said it will happen in another 4 years

2 I don't care if it is real I don't want to pay that bullshit "carbon tax" thing they are doing because carbon heats up the earth or something.

The climate is changing. However mans involvement in that is not provable. Also mans prevention of it is impossible. Thats what pisses me off about the climate people, we can't stop it so fuck off with your "green" shit.

also when are we going to go full circle back to global cooling?
because that would be funny

Sup Forums said everyone would be killed by ISIS within the year 4 years ago and we're still not killed by ISIS therefore Muslims are not a problem.

When your house does end up underwater I shall be glad I never paid a carbon tax to help you.

Medieval warm period.

>Longer summers, shorter winters
>this is somehow a bad thing

I understand climate change but it is being used to promote leftist faction's political ends

youtube.com/watch?v=j0YOXVlPUu4

Stfu leaf

>talk about climate change
>show picture of 2011 tsunami
This is why we don't listen to or take climate shills seriously.

Because the billions of vehicles we have ever produced are a wet fart compared to a volcano going off.
We have a much larger impact on the Ocean than the Atmosphere. All that bullshit about solar panels and wind are low-effort feelgood measures that do nothing but make people feel ok about ignoring actual problems like the Pacific garbage patch.
Guess what faggot. You're getting scammed. Solar and Wind only work when you supplement other sources with them.

Fucking liberals run around whining about not enough hybrid vehicles while China has skittles-colored rivers, literally. All the fucking colors are there. And unlike accidents that happen here, it's not going away any time soon.

All this Facebook shit is doing is driving up transportation costs. Obama likes to jack himself off to shit like "all cars must make 25MPG by X year" and stupid, meaningless measures that will do as much for the environment as becoming a "cis straight white male" would prevent your average liberal from being a miserable fuck that gets offended by the word "Hombre."

If Obama wants to help the environment, how about tell the nigs to stop fucking littering trash everywhere. Stop dumping plastic in the ocean and walk your lazy ass over to a trashcan like a civilized person. Stop demonizing nuclear power and coal. Stop hating hydroelectric power (a renewable source that actually works). Stop whining about fossil fuels unless you have a better idea. No, hybrid and electric cars arent "better." Those just use fossil fuels in a different way.

>these cars that JUST passed by the road seconds before the water came in
are they OK??

Trump just won. Hillary indicted.

Trump just won. Hillary indicted.

>implying we can stop climate change

I support renewable energy and replacement of oil for multiple reasons but forcing people to just pay a lot of money now to reduce a little CO2 is stupid. It's smarter to invest in technology and wait until there are real solutions.

Because Donald Trump says it's not true and he has an RDM.

*RDF

I still live in southern Florida. this place was supposed to be under water six years ago.

I believe that the Earth's climate changes.

I do not believe the fear mongering surrounding it. The world is not going to end and our species will not go extinct because of burning fossil fuels.

Climate change is just the left's boogeyman to scare people into going to the voting booths. The same way the right scares people by saying some spic picking fruit is going to steal your job.

>global cooling, when?
It might already be happening.
youtu.be/Gh-DNNIUjKU

>They said in forty years (this was the 90s) Acid rain would melt us and we'd have to live in caves.

Lel I actually forgot about that. Actually had a bit of a nostalgic moment there on reading "acid rain".

It's not just billions of vehicles. It's tens of billions of heads of cattle, the emissions from those vehicles, the emissions of super heavy diesel engines on ships and trains, factories, power plants, oil fires, destruction of carbon sinks like forests and ocean acidification etc.

Next time a volcano produces the equivalent of X gigatons of carbon and methane we've put up over the last 200 years in a couple days let me know if you're not already dead.

Your life is 10x better if you are white though. Unless you're already east asian. Those extra 15-30 iq points are nothing to laugh at.

>Blame earthquakes on climate change too

SMRT

Fuck off.

It's not a belief thing. I just don't give a shit. I'm not changing anything in my life for no one.

I believe to climate is changing.

I think the left is proposing solutions that won't do anything.

Think of it this way, if the entire world stop using all fossil fuels, stop burning all garbage, and made forest fire retardant, we would slow down Climate change by about 5 years.

Ten years ago inconvenient truth painted a bleak picture, none of those predictions came close.

Sea level has not risen two inches, only 2 Millimeters.
Now for the most part thats manageable, and not something worth killing billions of people in a massive downturn.

I think we should gradually build climate change prepared infrastructure, logistics, highways, water, electricity, rail and ports need to be modernized.

The world is on pace nicely regarding energy efficiency, 30 years ago... people were driving gas guzzling steel cages.

Most pollution today is coming from cargo ships. I think if the world went back to nationalist trade policies we would be in better shape

I agree that humans are increasing the CO2 concentration of the atmosphere.

I agree that CO2 increases will lead to some warming . although it's warming effects decrease as the concentration goes up.

I do not think that warming is bad, or catastrophic at all.

I don't think it's worth ruining the economy of every country on earth to meet the insane goals greens want.

Theres a reason the US did nothing about global warming when the president, congress, and senate were democratically led. It's because their ideas are fucking retarded.

I would love a world that was totally based on renewable energy. But thats just not gonna happen anytime soon.

Everyone knows the climate changes. We have used core samples to determine planetary conditions. Climate has always been changing. At different points in time the planet has had ice ages and other points where it would have been too hot to sustain human life. The Rocky mountains were once oceanfront property.

No one argues that the climate has changed and will change again. The debate is over the cause. Is it natural, as nature has established over the last million years, or is it the result of human behavior and resource consumption in the ~100 years since we've had an industrialized society.

tl;dr earth has pattern of climate change over millions of years, idiots want to believe that the last hundred years of humans is the reason why the earths climate changes.

>Solar power
Worse for the environment than fossil fuels and less efficient.
>Wind power
Worse for the environment than fossil fuels and less efficient.
>Hydro power
Cannot provide fuck all in the way of power.
>Nuclear power
Non-viable near fault lines and ocean shorelines.

>Globally mandated taxation
Just fucking no. It funds terrorism and destroys economies worldwide. The money doesn't even go to providing a solution just commissioning studies into fucking penguin migration patterns.
>Globally mandated regulations
Kek. Dem Jews and their fucking globalism.

Climate change is as real as the holocaust. You fucking hippies will believe anything without even given proof.

>>Hydro power
>Cannot provide fuck all in the way of power.
>>Nuclear power
>Non-viable near fault lines and ocean shorelines.

fucking what?

Hyrdo is far and away the best renewable energy source, it can't provide all our energy but it still is a great source.

Nuclear might not be viable near faultiness, but being near an ocean shoreline isn't an issue.

Co2 boosts greenery worldwide. Climate changers btfo

Came to post this. Humanity is pretty good at fixing our shit when necessary. From the plague came modern sanitation systems. Garbage collection and recycling to deal with overflowing trash.

When I was a kid the big scare was acid rain, the hole in the ozone, deforestation, LA smog. Liberal teachers beating doom into our heads. Well companies cleaned up, stopped using cfc's and replanted trees after cutting. Solved.

Fossil fuels are on their way out, battery tech and thorium/fusion are going to improve drastically in a decade or two. Real men are solving problems while braindead libs are running around in circles screaming.

>Hyrdo is far and away the best renewable energy source
That's like saying peanut filled shit is the best tasting shit.
>being near an ocean shoreline isn't an issue.
I'll amend it to: Non-viable near fault lines and TROPICAL ocean shorelines.

>Earthquake creates tsunami
>OMG CLIMAGE CHANGE!!!!!

You should just suicide, OP, you're mentally retarded.

Climate change is real.

It's caused by humans.

Redpill kicker; we won't do enough to make a difference in time, because of short sighted economical interests and most people would not willingly sacrifice enough in their lifestyle to do anything about a problem that may become significant in 50-100 years.

The only thing that might help us in the end is technology. Pour those global warming billions into fusion energy, after we get plentiful clean and safe nuke energy we can even think about carbon recapture from the atmosphere.

I'd say it's 50/50, yeah some shit is happening but we can live with it.

Doesn't even matter anymore.

We've passed the tipping point of 400 ppm CO2. We would literally have to immediately outlaw all cars and airplanes and factories AND then find a way to suck CO2 out of the atmosphere to stop it.

Basically, humanity is now fucked forever and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it, so just embrace it and learn to love the Happening.

>Climate change is real.
Where is the proofs? No more lies Jew.

>But the claim was that New York would be flooding by now. It's not even remotely true.

Errrr... I don't think you can find an actual publication by a reputable climate scientist claiming this.

>That's like saying peanut filled shit is the best tasting shit.

Well at least it's better than solar or wind garbage. It's also reliable, unlike the other two.

>Basically, humanity is now fucked forever and there's nothing anyone can do to stop it

How so? literally every negative effect from weather has been reduced sharply over the past few decades.

Crop yields have increased, deaths from storms have decreased, how exactly are we fucked?

>Feminist glaciology
Kek, I remember hearing about that garbage.
Take note people, this is where your hard earned carbon tax dollars are going.

plants eat CO-2. more plants means better climate means more life

I believe in climate change but people like to overestimate how terrible it's going to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=M1cMnM-UJ5U

Every once in awhile someone will post this fucking shit and everyone acts as if it's going to happen. It won't.

>I believe in climate change but people like to overestimate how terrible it's going to be.

You don't say......

Reminder the guy who said this was the head of NASAs Climate division for over 30 years.

I can't say it's any surprise that under his tutelage the NASA climate data was adjusted so much.

Climate change is a very very slow burn.

Ocean may be vast, but its ecology is incredibly fragile, and even if we stopped all emissions right now, it would be getting warmer and warmer for the next 40 years.

More heat -> more moisture in air -> more erratic weather, more famines etc. etc.

Scientists seek patterns. Spanish flu, for example, murdered 50-100 million people globally, in just two years. In 1918, when people knew about anti-biotics, sanitation and quarantine. Literally worse than Black Death. It was influenza strain H1N1. That's why scientists were nervous about Swine Flu.

The last time atmosphere was 400ppm was before humans existed, and all evidence we have currently pointed to a shitshow in terms of climate. You should understand this also makes scientists nervous.