Tell me how this sounds Sup Forums...

Tell me how this sounds Sup Forums. This is my idea for a stronger and healthier America in terms of our people's physical state.

In high school a state appointed official will visit the school 1 month prior to graduation. During his visit he tells all young men and women that they can voluntarily sign up for a basic military boot camp session that lasts 4 months. The entire thing is completely free to those who sign up and is funded by the federal government and ONLY can high school students apply for it. If you decide not to sign up for it while in school then tough luck pal you can't get in it, you are also not committed to get on the bus when it comes to pick you up from school that day of leaving. Multiple facilities will span across the states and each that is built is large enough for a few thousand participants. Here you will do the most basic of things. Endurance training, basic hand to hand combat and basic firearm training (how to hold, reload, clean and fire a weapon). This will not be a summer vacation camp either, this is an actual boot camp like the military. Your head is shaven, you are limited to phone calls in turns only and you have no internet access or TV or video games etc. You will be paid below minimum wage, however, you will earn college credit by the end of the training BUT ONLY if you complete the 4 months. If you so choose, at anytime during this you can quit and go back home but by doing this you will not earn any of the college credit, you will be paid only for the time you were there.

Part 1...

Part 2...

The system also offers a computer room on Friday and Saturday that are specially set up for informational searching only. They are limited to finding information about jobs and colleges you'd like to explore and printing out information you might find useful in the future. In your last week on boot camp you are given the choice to transfer to an actual military training base of the branch you choose. Your college credit will turn into a bonus at the end of your service rather than credit since you will be granted your GI Bill.

So during this 4 months you get free living (in boot camp terms), you are paid, you can earn college credit and official military bonuses, you get in shape and are trained for basic shit everyone needs to know and have the opportunity to really figure out what you want to do in life as well as make new friends.

This whole idea is not a system to assimilate people into the military, this is a system offered to young adults who just don't know exactly what they want to do yet and will be given a chance to jump start there lives and figure it out. When I sat down and thought about it I truly wish something like this was offered to me at a young age. I truly believe this would be a good system to weed out certain groups of people and offer a nice kick start.

I know a lot of holes in this exist and it needs revision but this is a general idea. What would you think of this? Creates more military jobs for those who are sitting behind desks, more jobs to the public like construction and maintenance.

Noble idea I suppose. No way in hell it will ever happen though. Sorry

>This will not be a summer vacation camp either, this is an actual boot camp like the military. Your head is shaven, you are limited to phone calls in turns only and you have no internet access or TV or video games etc

Have YOU ever been to basic or boot dude? I saw 18 year olds try to hand themselves from their racks because the training was "too tough". You want what, 14 year old to go through boot?

4 months?

Why not just 2 year compulsory military after high school, like Israel and South Korea?

They train you with boot camp, gun safety and managing a weapon, and get you to do stupid civic duty stuff in the country.

You can either leave after the 2 years, or stay for 5 years and they'll pay for you college if it's in a related field (ie engineer, not SJW)

I like it OP

Guaranteed to make liberals squirm but it's a voluntary program so they can't bitch about it too much

thats *hang themselves

nice blog dipship

this already exists

it's called ROTC

Bootcamp wasn't too form in the actual military (Navy) the worse part was just not getting enough sleep. The physical part of running and push ups is difficult in the beginning when you're sore. After, you really will remember everything through bootcamp and it does instill a sense of pride in what you do.

Two years is a long barrel to look down coming straight outta high school, especially if it's not at a family paid vacation known as college

>OP pic

> This whole idea is not a system to assimilate people into the military,

Isn't that exactly what it is, though?

That's for military preperation only.

This isn't supposed to be military preparation, rather, becoming an adult and getting off your ass and figuring our what to do preparation with military as at the side.

As I stated the person can quit at anytime and are not committed to getting on the bus when it comes time to leave. When you sign up you aren't a military personnel. You are just a citizen who is being set up to do something with themselves and military is a side objective.

JFK wanted similar. (((they))) killed him.

No, please don't think this is supposed to be that.

When I was thinking of this I was thinking of how unhealthy our country is and what we could do to make healthier younger men and women. This is a fitness camp made to help you start your life path with military only being a side option.

Fug, I've been here too long, my first thought when I seen Op's pic was a squatting slav.

This is retarded and so are you.

If you can quit anytime I expect attrition rate to be close to 100%.

I'm going to bootcamp in 6 days Sup Forums, any advice? Getting a bit nervous.

Gondola's got a weird dick.

USMC or Navy?

Either way, be expected to be treated worse than a prisoner at Guantanamo bay. It's part of the training but very few are ready for how much of a mind-fuck it really is.

My input: Just replace all the retarded activities in Phys Ed with mandatory weightlifting/cardio. Put the whole class on a mon/wed/fri full body program emphasizing strength on compound lifts first, and tue/wed can be cardio.
Make the school weightroom be openly available to all students 24/7.
Provide actual education on how to eat for the body you want, or how to eat for performance.
Make school lunches higher in protein and with more foods that are nutrient dense as opposed to junk.
Powerlifting and Strongman should become extracurricular sports.
Schools need to partner with local martial arts schools as well to provide reduced pricing for students to attend classes and receive a proper, formal education and training in whichever style they prefer.
Boxing should be an extracurricular sport.
Every morning in homeroom have mandatory Trenbolone injections.

beat me to it

>no source

help a brotha out.

Navy. I feel like I'm prepared, at least more than everyone else in the DEP program. I just know it's going to suck and nervous about the major life change I guess.

> No vidya

> Can't shitpost

Nah I'll just off myself now thanks.

I leave for the Navy in January.

That's the point. Teach people to live without constant stimulation.

We might pass by each other at RTC. Apparently there's a good chance my division will have to stay over Christmas break.

awwww hell nah to the shaving my head part

I wonder how many people from Sup Forums actually will be there if any lmao. I've seen a lot of posts of people saying they are joining the Navy. If I run into you sucks I won't realize it's people from here.

Hair grows back man.

Yeah, and? Better get prepared or go to prison.

It's probably better that way haha, but yeah I've talked to alot of DEPers that seem Sup Forumstier.