This...this isn’t actually Rorschach, right? Like, the internal monologue is completely wrong. Fan fiction level...

This...this isn’t actually Rorschach, right? Like, the internal monologue is completely wrong. Fan fiction level. Johns is better than this, isn’t he?

Of course he isn't. Rorschach was not a centrist and he hated the left with a passion. This one calls left wingers undesirables and right wingers fascists, Rorschach would have never done such a thing.

>undesirables
Undeplorables. Completely different meaning.

It's clearly The Question pretending to be Rorschach.

It's Nite Owl who has taken on the identity of Rorschach.

I think it is probably Rorshack, but Johns lacks the chops to write him well.

Would Rorschach have voted for Trump?

>h-he's just getting the character wrong on purpose you guys its totally an imposter
How many times has Sup Forums used this theory to defend a comic, and then it turns out wrong and their favorite character gets shat all over?

So not hopeless? Yet Johns immediately jumps to say that they are screaming at themselves, looking for supports in their hugboxes, refusing to listen to everyone else.

How can you reconcile that word with the rest of the paragraph?

a conspiracy theorist who longs for the "good ole days"

I think he'd see through Trumps bullshit. if it were any other person probably but not a charlatan like Trump

No, he’d probably vote Constitution party or write in Lyndon Larouche.

This year? Like... 3 times, this being the third.

>This...this isn’t actually Rorschach, right?
Probably not

>Johns is better than this, isn’t he?
Probably not.

Rorshach writes in Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan on all ballets

I can definitely see Rorschach being a big fan of Reagan, especially during his inaction with the HIV/AIDS crisis.

>writes in Richard Nixon
Dude, he wasn't exactly a Nixon supporter in the comic.
His personality is more than a contrarian. It's funny how a fictional character can be more three dimensional than most people posting here.

It should be the guy who finds Rorschach's journal at the end. Dude was ugly right wing ginger just like Rorschach.

>this isn’t actually Rorschach, right?
Almost certainly an imposter/legacy.

>Johns is better than this, isn’t he?
No, he absolutely isn't. That said, this probably isn't Rorschach, but you're suppose to think he is so that's how Johns would write his internal monologue even if it was actually him.

>Ronald Reagan

Regan never ran for president in the Watchmen verse though.

That was movie Rorschach

Nah. He’s a typical cryptoconservative. He’d be a big fan of Alex Jones while trying his best to not fantasize about hot gay sex.

He wasn't a Nixon supporter, but at least Nixon wasn't a communist. He always found himself defending the shit the right would do with a "at least" or "had no choice", but demonize the left.

Eh. They made a reference to a senile former cowboy actor running in 1990 with the initials RR. It’s either Reagan or Robert Redford.

It's Redford

Redford wasn’t senile in 1990, though.

I'm certain Redford's mentioned by name.

It appears as if you’re correct. It’s Reagan in the movie, and I went from there to the ‘senile’ comment that I’m certain is in the comic, to the connection that it was Reagan there as well. But, you are correct, it’s Redford. Confused as to how he was considered senile back then, though.

because it was a joke about Reagan without actually being Reagan

/thread

I doubt they'll resurrect Rorschach but Johns has always been a shallow writer.

Hm. Sounds like editorial fuckery. But yeah, that makes sense.

It's Rorschach. Why? Because there is literally no good reason for anyone to masquerade as Rorschach and also mimic his journal/interior monologue.

But the REAL reason it's actually Rorschach is because Rorschach is beloved and DC sees him as a cash cow.

Personally, I hope it is Rorschach because Rorschach is a great character. Nite Owl dressed up as Rorschach, filling a journal with centrist musings for literally no good reason... and some artist drawing wavy-lined (unhinged) speech balloons for a moderate personality... is pretty lame.

>Because there is literally no good reason for anyone to masquerade as Rorschach

I could see some young journalist reading his diary and trying to become him, like some sort of infectious insanity as this new dude starts seeing the world as bleak as Rorschach did, maybe he isnt there yet, maybe he's still a functional human being but you could certainly make a story of a copycat convinced by his ideals written in the diary that is just slipping into the same insanity as the original.

The joke wasn't about Redford being senile, the joke was about Redford being a cowboy actor, which Reagan also was.

The joke is first set up with the newspaper vending machine saying "RR" to make the reader of that time think it's Ronald Reagan.

Then through the dialogue you find out "RR" is actually Robert Redford, and the line about a cowboy actor in the White House is an intentionally ironic joke about how that happened in the 80's in real life.