Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YZPbW0wOLuU
youtube.com/watch?v=XELSk4MtQjY
youtube.com/watch?v=WVAxcFqSwnc
youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKVJydPuU
youtu.be/8QPiFhWVRDk?t=55s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And you didn't bother to post them?

Good point, somehow I didn't think of that.

US intro (demo version music): youtube.com/watch?v=YZPbW0wOLuU
US intro (final version music, clips unchanged): youtube.com/watch?v=XELSk4MtQjY

International season 1 intro: youtube.com/watch?v=WVAxcFqSwnc
International season 2 intro (SPOILER WARNING): youtube.com/watch?v=ETSKVJydPuU

Also should probably mention that the first one sounds too much like a Danny Phantom ripoff.

Wow the US versions are a lot less suckey then the international ones.

Sup Forumsntrarian detected
The US versions have terrible music and even worse animation, yet everyone watches them just because they're nostalgic.

I'll agree that the animation is shit but the music is honestly better on the American releases.
Holy fuck, who knew that people could possibly have different opinions?

I didn’t say the US op was good the international was just Really bad I can see why they changed it.

The international one has an AMAZING melody, and contrary to what many people say the vocals don't sound like typical pop.

The US melody is basically early 2000s Evanescence + Danny Phantom.

International sounds like FFX-2

youtu.be/8QPiFhWVRDk?t=55s

Dumb question , but why are we getting so many WITCH cartoon threads? Is it because Yen Press is reprinting the comics?

You may be right, however:
1. That's not from a cartoon. If we're actually considering all music it's difficult to find a single melody that doesn't sound similar to another.
2. That sounds like SHIT. If it's a ripoff, it's a vast improvement. It's quite the opposite for the US version.

It's literally one person who rediscovered the show and won't shut the fuck up about it.

Discovered, not rediscovered.

And not all of these threads are made by me.

I don't even mind, the show deserves more attention.

The comics should be burned, however.

I remember you from the other thread
thanks for finally clarifying what the fuck you were talking about

This show could have been great. Could have been the next Harry Potter.

Instead it's just been girl shit made for girls since day 1.

The burning sounds a bit extreme, but I'm genuinely curious as to why you share my overall opinion on the comics vs. the animated series.
I clarified it there too, not my fault you didn't bother to actually check back to see if anyone responded to your post.

To be fair, I saw the show first.

However, my biggest problem with the comics is the structure. Pacing is shit. It's full of plotholes or plot threads that are only half explained. Sometimes there's a sudden clunky exposition dump. The first story-arc with Phobos is just atrocious, there is barely a reason given for anything that happens - I know later on in the series more is explained, but that should have been in the story to begin with. Plus, every fucking scene with those monks in white in the astral plane or whatever is awful. It's just terribly executed.

The show manages to tell a more coherent story combined with some typical teen shenanigans. There is a better focus on plot and characters so everyone is more likeable.

Anyway, thats just my opinion.

The comic books are more creative with the interactions and plots despite being girl bullshit. The girls actually have some friendly charm. While the cartoon feels like any generic 2000s show where the characters always have to be make wise remarks, never smile honestly. They're always self aware and conscious and attempt to make lame jokes at the surroundings and scenario.

>Could have been the next Harry Potter.
Nothing can be the next HP. It was a one-time phenomenon that will never be repeated.
>Instead it's just been girl shit made for girls since day 1.
You never watched the show. I guarantee it.

There is literally nothing about it that is for girls, other than the main characters being girls ofc.

>creative with the interactions

Not really, there's just a lot of melodramatic crap.

>and plots

The plots are just as unoriginal as any magical monster of the week story.

>While the cartoon feels like any generic 2000s show where the characters always have to be make wise remarks, never smile honestly. They're always self aware and conscious and attempt to make lame jokes at the surroundings and scenario.
You are literally describing things that I specifically noted as NOT being in the cartoon, as opposed to so much other Western animation.

It's one of the main reasons I enjoy it so much, in fact. Therefore, I think you are a FUCKING LIAR and never watched it.

Ah, I always was confused about the US version I saw on youtube because I didn't remember it being on TV.

>While the cartoon feels like any generic 2000s show

Yeah, nah. It really doesn't. I was teen at the time and I thought it was quite refreshing for a cartoon.

And you have to admit the vore was surprising.

Best thing about the cartoon was how two completely different writing teams each had different strengths and weaknesses that kind of cancelled each other out on the weakness side.

The excellent characterization set up in season 1 made way for excellent plotting in season 2, not that the plots in season 1 were remotely bad mind you. Meanwhile, based on Weisman's other work (Young Justice in particular), characterization might well have suffered significantly had he been a showrunner from the start.

I didn't know there were two teams. Interesting.

It has some of the best girls in recent memory.

That's how you know the transition was seamless.

Which is something that Weisman apparently emphasized when he came on board, and deserves major credit for. Way too many other shows end up crashing and burning after the original writing team leaves - in fact I cannot think of a single other example which actually worked well, let alone much better like here.

Huh, you're right.

Then again the show never got to the point where the writing team had to keep it 'fresh and interesting' because it was cancelled so soon. I would have liked to see if they could keep the momentum going for two more seasons.

To be fair, they did adapt several major plot points from the later story arcs in the comics, particularly in season 2, because they knew getting season 3 was unlikely.

I'm actually unsure whether season 3 would have been a good idea, given how much of the better source material had already been used by then. Even fans of the comics say that they starting going downhill fast in the later arcs.

In fact the only plot point left hanging (on purpose) was the introduction of these two characters in the very last episode, and while I would definitely have liked to see it resolved it could have easily been done with a movie as opposed to an entire season.

They could have stopped following plotlines from the comic and done their own thing. There was enough lore to explore, really.

Now that, I think, would be a very bad idea.

First of all, there was already more than enough complaining about the rather minor changes they made compared to the comic arcs (compared to other comic adaptations). Had they tried something completely different the show would probably have been cancelled right then and there just based on complaints.

Second, I'm just not sure how much lore there would be to explore. We got past guardians, we got multiple worlds, we got basically all of the main explanations needed for the powers. They would really have to invent something new, it would seem, and at that point it would probably not feel much like W.I.T.C.H. anymore.

>there was already more than enough complaining about the rather minor changes they made compared to the comic arcs

There was? That's sad.

It has the best female cartoon characters ever, in every sense. Period.

So-called "feminist" shows really ought to learn from this. Actually all cartoon screenwriters should, but that would be a start.

It's often considered one of the major reasons, if not THE major reason, the show ended up getting cancelled. Many fans of the comics just dismissed it out of hand, and many still do in fact.

Goddammit, what a waste.

I had no idea about any of this, I just watched it when I was a Dutchfag teen, and the comics weren't popular here at all. I remember me and my friends liked it, and that was about it. Most of what I know about it and the comic I only found out through Sup Forums.

I can confirm. I read the comics regularily, and loved the girl drama.

When the show was anounced, I was set to watch it, but I couldn't get past the first season.

The characters were absolutely butchered imo.

Much later I checked the second season, and I give them props for retooling some elements of the Nerissa plotline to make a more inter-personal narrative.

But overall I still didn't care for it.

>Meanwhile, based on Weisman's other work (Young Justice in particular)

Why do you act like YJ is the only thing he's ever done? He's also done Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man, and those things sure as hell didn't skimp out on characterization.

YJ is the most recent, and AFAIK the one he had the most freedom with.

Talent in the industry has steadily decreased over the years, and I doubt he's an exception.

Also there was significant discontent with some of the characterizations in SSM, so that was probably not the best example for you to bring up here.

>The characters were absolutely butchered imo.
But how? They made minor changes at most!

Rock version of the opening sounds way better though.
International opening is %100 girly with power of friendship vibes.

It was made in early 2000's you dumbass.

The romance was for girls.

I want to cum in Will's shoes and watch her reaction when she feels the squish.

>Also there was significant discontent with some of the characterizations in SSM, so that was probably not the best example for you to bring up here.

Would you mind sharing an example? SSM is very highly praised around these parts.

I have no idea what you're talking about, it's not girly at all. It actually both looks and sounds darker than the other one.
No shit, Sherlock. But the international version doesn't sound overly 00s.
The romance was written extremely realistically.
That is, unlike in just about every real girl show.

>Shiny happy pop version sounds darker than the rock version
Are you high?

>rock is inherently darker than pop
No, dumbass, it depends on the melody.

And as I already said, it's not even pop really.

I actually thought there was some relevant discussion recently, but I can't seem to find much about it in the archives so far. IIRC a lot of it had to do with the relationships, and their impact on the characters.

Anyone mind helping out? If I'm totally off-base here I don't even mind really, but I want to know what the Sup Forumsnsensus actually is.

bump

I oddly want this too

so basically the W.I.T.C.H comic cucks can't handle the fact that the show writers and based Weisman actually hammered together a decent plot for their shallow girl comic, leading to their only complaints boiling down to "not muh W.I.T.C.H". did I hit the nail on the head?

Or maybe the show just isn't that great?

I have to agree with you. All the girls are well rounded characters with flaws who aren't just men with vaginas slapped on. What pisses me off is that people bitch about lack of representation in media but there are dozens of shows out there that have exactly what they're crying about

Bump to help out OP since I appreciate genuine positive enthusiasm on this board, even when I don't share it.

Less company wars and movie shit, more people talking about stuff they like.