Why was it so shit bros?

Why was it so shit bros?

I started to really dislike the Punisher after liking him in Daredevil while I watched it, he just seems to be some self righteous 1 dimensional asshole who needs a stupid conspiracy to justify anything he does and needs some sort of foil like Daredevil or Spiderman to be of any interest.
Thoughts?

Attached: punisher-poster-header3.jpg (640x360, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Was underwhelming. Plot and most of the characters were shit but the brown girl was a cute!

Punishes for 15 minutes out of entire series, the rest is PMC dudes that are told to kill a fugitive but they are white so its okay to kill them.

It's a show about a vigilante who doesn't want to be a vigilante and rarely does any vigilantism for most of the runtime.

Instead of carrying on from Daredevil where his characterisation was pretty loyal to the comics and they already got his origin story about his family out the way... they do that storyline all over again. But as a far inferior ultra generic "ex-military badass has his old employers come after him" plot which is the story of ever anti-hero action movie ever made.

The dark enjoyment of the character is he is the aggressive party, he chooses a target to go after just because he thinks they deserve to die, he's not meant to be reactive like most other protagonists who's simply defending himself from some conspiracy.

And that's when the main story is even happening, don't get me started on all the fucking dogshit about him playing house with Micros family and le sassy DHS lady who's useless at her job

>le sassy DHS lady

God I just skipped forward everytime they cut to her and her entire plot line ended up being meaningless anyways.

Attached: BlackWhite2.jpg (1341x629, 342K)

Funny. Haven't seen a Punisher thread in at least 3 months, and just today I started reading The Punisher vol 1.

EYRICK

they killed an essential part of castle's character, the main reason why he is the punisher, he was at the wrong place at the wrong time, it wasn't a big conspiracy or some vendetta that made him the punisher, just common criminals.

>why was it so shit

Because the title was misleading. Instead of calling it punisher it should have been called "Diverse female fbi agent solves crimes ft the punisher" in all honesty though its like whoever wrote this never even read one of the comics. Its so terrible because its barely about the punisher.

This. When the whole wacky cia conspiracy thing started I was like please god don't tell me they're retconning his literally perfect origin. Not only did they retcon it, they made the focus of the series a sassy diverse woman and a nerd who is hiding from his family.

Exact same reaction that i had when i saw the promos and trailers, that "find the truth" bullshit.

You know, I've been thinking, maybe they did this so that they'd be a bit different from what the movies did? Notice how the movies stick to his original origin more than the Netflix show? Maybe they were insanely scared of it flopping like the movies to the point where they even changed the origins?

This. This is why I couldn’t get into it. I rather let show be about him killing his families killers instead.

Struggled for months to get through this... I've got two episodes left. Tell me those final 2 are worth it.

>why was it so shit bros
because all the marvel shows are shit. daredevil is the only tolerable one and even that is pretty bad.

I don't even understand the retcon
they wanted to kill Frank so they.... got his old commander, who by coincidence is now a drug kingpin in New York, to set up a broad daylight gang meet-up with 30 people from 3 different gangs in the middle of central park, and then by coincidence they happened to have an undercover NYPD detective in there, and they by coincidence get spooked and start blasting at each other, and by coincidence this hits Frank and his family?
am I getting that right?

I think they just pussied out of making it appropriately edgy.

It's a lot more safe in this day and age to have the villains be a generic PMC coming after the protagonist rather than gang bangers he guns down on the street. You can see how triggered the Death Wish remake got the media.

Not him, I don't think so mate, I think they just wanted to “put some meat” in the origin story, like “this is not good enough” the origin story is kind of there, Irish, bikers and some other gang killed his family, but then the CIA is behind them bullshit.

Not really he fights his friend at a carnival and butchers his face

They finally start to do the brutal shit you were expecting the whole time. Might as well finish it out now.

>Punisher murders a bunch of guys just following orders like he was the show

>Murders a guy in a mask tied to a rope begging for his life

Am I suppose to feel sorry for this guy?

Attached: 407ed2aaf4e0a27bc7c1ed917401493e.png (540x304, 402K)

Is this still the best punisher scene?

youtube.com/watch?v=xWh6A6ZIpfo

That is EXACTLY what my brother and i did. Anytime we saw anything from that girls plotline we just skipped (except for her ass plot).

>could have adapted Born
>or Slavers
>or ANYTHING from MAX
>instead we get this neutered bullshit

Attached: 200%mad.webm (720x480, 268K)

Anyone else get hype in the first ep where he killed the gangsters?
I though that was gonna be the whole show.