Guys we're still number 1 - increasingly nervous comic shill

>guys we're still number 1 - increasingly nervous comic shill

Other urls found in this thread:

marvel.com/comics/issue/59526/the_amazing_spider-man_2015_25
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-03.html
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-01.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Wishful thinking
No, Tom, we don't WANT you to fail, we want you to wake the fuck up and start getting your collective shit together. Although sad to say, the only course of action right now is massive layoffs and getting editors worth a damn

Who gives a shit about Marvel anymore.

I only care about Gwenpool, Doctor Strange and Moon Knight
same number of books from DC that I'm interested in too

i never understand the weird perspective that assumes we couldn't possibly just want comics that don't suck shit

He sounds like Bob Harras in the 90's

> X-Men go from selling 3x as many issues as DC's top title to 1.5x
> The numbers are still higher, so who cares!

This kind of rings hollow now that we know the sales numbers are being artificially bloated.

I thought this whiny asshole left Twitter, so he came crawling back huh?

At least Didio can stick to his decisions.

>Marvel's third most profitable year ever
>Amist book numbers plummeting, underhanded tactics to inflate units sold, and comic shop owners not being able to sell back stock of Marvel trash.

So, what? Did someone find a quarter in the snack machine at headquarters this year, then?

>still buying marvel comics
you know that dumpster fire is going to spread right

Maybe they are counting movies?

how many "free bonus" copies of Legacy were sent out, I wonder

He's referring to everything they publish, not just floppies. I also seriously doubt he's adjusting for inflation when calculating where the year stands in the profitability ranking.

>Shill
Nigger he's the executive editor. If you wanna shitfling, at least know a bare minimum amount the shit you're flinging.

Whether this is true or not he needs to let it go. He just adding fuel to the flame.

Everyone knows Marvel's tricks when it came to lenticular covers, spamming #1s and events, buy minimums for books retailers didn't want and massive overships.

He needs to chill.

>Third most profitable year.
And all it took was a $9.99 Spider-Man issue, $5.99 Legacy issue, 10 $4.99 Generations issues, 10 $4.99 Secret Empire issues, and various other assorted specials and #1s. Gotta love squeezing your base for all it's worth, Tom.

>still outselling everybody else for 10/12

If anyone is curious why Marvel forces dozens of unordered copies on retailers to artificially inflate Diamond's number... it's to perpetuate lies like the one Brevoort is telling here.

Retailers need to finally drop Marvel

I refuse to believe this is their "third most profitable year" given that they used to regularly sell 1 million+ issues a month of their best-selling titles back in the 90's.

ol' Tom probably didn't adjust for inflation

>Gwenpool
You know that comic is probably going to be kill soon due to bad numbers, right?

the tweets explicitly said they weren't counting movies

>gwenpool

Neck yourself as soon as possible

Are you kidding? Look at the numbers for "America" and tell me that's going to be cancelled any time soon.

>Had a retailer conference earlier in the year where they blamed their shitlord readers for plummeting sales.
>Had the lowest selling summer event in years.
>Had a hastily thrown together half-assed Rebirth to assuage fan and retailer fears and complaints.
>Had a near retailer riot at a major comic con in their home city due to sales.
>Guys, guys, I don't think you realize how much we're just plain WINNING this year!

>gwenpool is bad
Nice meme fag

I'm sure you're earning a lot of profit when you're assraping your readers with $9.99 Spider-Man books.

So Marvel is Charlie Sheen?
What does that make DC? Emilio Estevez?

>Gwenpool
Stop being part of the problem, cutefag.

$9.99? Is that for real?

What Spider book could that possibly be? Because anything short of a trade is outrageous

>WAHHH all comics must be dark and gritty

>He's referring to everything they publish
Everything including digital sales, for which they don’t release the sales numbers.

>Marlel
>editors
You're adorable

Bro. That strawman was EEEEEEPIIIIIIC.

>I-If I meme hard enough then it will erase the pain of being a faggot casual

Successful companies don't give away 3 to 4 times the number of issues somebody ordered for free to artificially inflate sales numbers.

That isn't a strawman

Then why were rationed complaining at comic con, Tom? Why?

Amazing Spider-Man #25 was $9.99 and sold 114k to retailers in March.

marvel.com/comics/issue/59526/the_amazing_spider-man_2015_25
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-03.html

dumb phoneposter

You do realize that Marvel "editors" are practically nonexistent, right? Or did they "draw map of Asgard here" and Carol bodyswapping in that Civil War 2 page not make that clear?

I remember it. It was #25. I remember it because the guy who owns the lcs I go to hated this book because only people who had Spidey on their pull list wanted it.

They can't. If Marvel crashes, the whole industry crashes (which is probably what Ike wants).

Can you post the Asgard one? I remember the bodyswap one.

How proud was he when Marvel announced they were working with a War profiteer?

Funny thing is that you could argue that Didio got harassed off of Twitter.

None of what you said disproves that Brevoort is an editor. Do you think the books magically get put together? Writers and artists submit their fanfiction and Ike Permutter takes it to kinkos? As shitty as the Marvel editors are they exist.
Also casual, everything what you just said is a failure of proofreading, should editors pick it up, probably, but realistically they're not reading every book, they have faggots like Bendis and Aaron to look after and make sure their work gets in on time.

>unironically thought Brevoort was a shill and not an actual marvel creative
>thinks he can claim anyone else is a casual

Yup, here it is. But was it actually the top-seller? Did it actually sell that many? We'll never know because of Marvel's bogus over-shipping practices.

Protip: it didn't.

Fuck off shill. No one here is buying it. Of course hes an editor, a shit one at that. And you know what else people arent buying? Fucking Marvel books, and its their own goddamn fault

>>unironically thought Brevoort was a shill and not an actual marvel creative
Where? I'm not OP bud.

I thought Tom quit twitter because it was full of too much anger or something?

THIS

>>unironically thought Brevoort was a shill and not an actual marvel creative
what made you draw that conclusion

>correcting casualness is shilling
Holy fucking hell, in that very post I called him a shit editor, and did not say anything to support marvel.

Just admit the only reason you read the comic is because the character's are cute. I swear, Gwenfags are as bad as bronies, "the story is so deep! Im not just saying that because I just want to bone the main character"

>Autism

Moron

>THIS IS MY SAFESPACE I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO SAY RETARDED SHIT FREE FROM CRITICISM

I haven't read Gwenpool, can you please explain to me what's wrong with it? I was thinking of reading it

BREVOORT IS AN EDITOR A SHIT EDITOR BUT HE IS A FUCKING EDITOR YOU DENSE RETARDED MOTHERFUCKERS I SWEAR TO GOD

Autism is strong with this one, he might actually be Tom

Sorry... huh? What are you babbling about?

sounds like you're the one who needs a safe space

Nice falseflag faggot, if you want to circlejerk about how shit Marvel is rather than actually attempting to discuss their dangerous practices go ahead. Fucking pathetic

user, please stop. The joke/meme is saying Marvel has no editors because they publish terrible comics, yes we know they employ people.

Calm the fuck down.

You are investing a lot of time arguing for what is basically a technicality.

With this fucking board it really wouldn't be shocking if someone saw those posts on twitter and just thought it was a shill.

Dazed. Reeling. About to break.

>Marvel
>Editors

Oh user, don't be a stupid fuck. Everyone knows Marvel either has no editorial team or they just don't do their jobs.

Holy Shit. Marvelfags really are desperate.

>Marvel is wining
Literally only becasue of overshipping, variants, constant events, relaunches and shipping about 25% more books than your closest rival.

But yeah, sure, keep "winning" Brevoort you fucking hack.

>WAA WE CAN'T SELL THESE COMICS!
>WAA WE DON'T WANT TO BUY THESE COMICS!
Finally, BASED MARVEL setting the record straight on how much they're WINNING.

They make more money for now but they are losing sales. They cut out a bunch of ongoings and they haven't picked up any good writers to help out and editorial is still clueless. All they do is put bandaids on a gaping wound.

Meanwhile DC is picking up steam and expanding to hit more niche markets. Marvel has copied DC on so many things and yet doing the Rebirth method seems to be the one thing they aren't budging on. Legacy is just another relaunch but instead of #1s their big legacy numbers. And that has never worked in the long run for Marvel.

what's the initial comment?

if anything Legacy is going to make things even more confusing for the elusive new readers

it's literally only for the speculator/collector market, because apparently that's all Marvel knows how to cater to

Liefeld was throwing shade at Higgins because he said and showed that the lenticulars were crap.

I continue to discover that the meme that Liefeld is actually a nice guy is a total lie

which direction do I read this in
why is twitter so stupid

Do you actually have autism? Genuine question not joking.

Nigger he embezzled from Image, it's why Silverstri left even. He also went on a rant about how the artist who replaced him on Deathstroke after he was canned was absolute shit, literally purely out of spite and assmad (I dunno why but I think this is one of the worst thing's he's done)
He's a gigantic piece of shit, I actually think that he came here and spawned that meme

He literally tried to cheat Jack Kirby's widow out of money during the Fighting American fiasco.

It is you that is dumb if you can't figure this out on your own

right to left

>reading twitter with subs
Weaboo detected.

It might screw over Marvel in trades. I've heard DC always beats them in that but when you have two trades for several volumes it's going to confuse even more people.

not just DC, Marvel usually floats around fourth or fifth in bookstore trade rankings

He probably didn't adjust for inflation.

Wait I know about most of the stuff marvel does but are they sending free copies of books to inflate sales now?
When did this start?

This kills the Sup Forums. Their precious mediocrebirth isn't selling.

a couple years ago, I think

I pay that much for my books but that's because of the country I live in.
A 10 american dollar book must be insane over here.

This.

At least a little before January 2017. A bunch of their books were overshipped prior to that month, but ALL books in that month got 10% extra added to their numbers.
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-01.html
I started really noticing it right after Civil War 2

Dunno about Death stroke but he tweeted that the artist he worked on Grifter was absolute crap and "see what I had to deal with?" just two days before the artist died.

They've done it before but the issue came up is that retailers have gotten annoyed with getting multiple copies of things they can't sell. In the past, it might've been kinda/sorta okay because books actually sold.

The complaining happened somewhere around late last year, maybe October or November. And then in January they announced they were going to overship all their comics for that month.

They are and nobody's stopping them you think 10 dollars issues for Spider-man and Deadpool didn't make them a lot of money? All those extra issues they send they still make money off of them. Cheap and awful tactics? Sure, but everyone's defensive about them and refuse to make them pay, they just lay down and take it but truth if the matter is, if it were DC they'd be happy to boycott them, let's not even imply DC could pull off a 10 dollar issue either. Nothing's gonna change as long as these retailers that complain still have Marvel's dick in their mouth, its like Breevort said way back, it doesn't matter if fans complain, money's still flowing. Also, nobody wants to admit that DC's sales aren't strong, it's funny because they bent over backwards for their fans and the results are crap because trying to please statusquofags that aren't interested in stories is not going to get you sales.

>Nigger he embezzled from Image, it's why Silverstri left even.

Source? The story about Silvestri leaving was always about Rob's Extreme Studios trying to recruit Michael Turner away from one of Silvestri's books, breaching a policy that the Image founders wouldn't try to poach talent from each other.

Liefeld claimed it was done by an editor acting without his knowledge or permission, Silvestri didn't believe it.

DC sales never were strong compared to Marvel. Marvel has created a legion of zombies that will buy anything printed by them, no matter how shit it is. It's the machine Stan put in motion since the 60s.