/swco/ - Star Wars Comics & Cartoons

Knock Off Edition

>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
The Last Jedi trailer (Oct 9)
Doctor Aphra #13 (Oct 11)
Star Wars Adventures #3 (Oct 11)
Star Wars: Rebels S4E1/S4E2 Heroes of Mandalore Part 1 and 2 (Oct 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Battlefront 2 - This is Star Wars Battlefront 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_JVWEKTp8
twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/918172770365718529
youtube.com/watch?v=ZBliUG3j-y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Say something nice you like about the new canon

>Imperial Remnant still exists

Has Filoni ever given even a hint as to his opinion of The Force Awakens?

What is She, /swco/?

Rey vs Kylo is my second favorite lightsaber duel.

Describe the Last Jedi trailer in one sentence.

>I Can't Believe It's Not The Empire Strikes Back!(tm)

This, it has the modern extravagance without the fucking dozen lightsaber flips from the prequels

I read that fanfic. It wasn't very good.

Togruta master race

Reminder that Kylo ren is Leia and Lukes child

POST THEM

(Literally any of the various templates)

But the flips are awesome. Darth Maul has a dark clown flair.

Reminder that Jango is the biggest slave trader in the universe

oh shit

He is both a madman and a genius.

Show me your Jedi designs

Fucking genius. What's this guy's midichlorian count?

reposting

Rebels is keeping my love of Star Wars alive

He thinks it I̷̸͇̱̰̰̱͔̗̪̗͈̿̽ͣͧ͐̆ ̵̫͓̩͍̫̐̈͆̚͠h̡̛̩̘̹̝͙͒̊ͪ̔ͧ̉ͧͤ̄̐ͣ́̓͛̽ͩ̀͑ͧ͞ḁ͍͈͎̼̥̗̤̙͇͎ͭ̂͛̈̓ͦ̈͊̓ͣ͊́ͅv̨͚͙̥͍̯̩̟̯͂͒̌̑ͨ̍͒ͯ̇̍͒̓ͫͯ̃ͪ̚͜è̸̸̬̼̠͍̺͑̈́̓ͣ̃ͨ̋̆̄ͣ̏ͨ͒̔ͦͭͨ̚͝ ̵̻̜͇̼͇͖͖̹̤̪̽͛͛͑̀͡n̶͉̜͍̣̫̪͈̫̘͈̙̥̘̳̘̬̩͈ͭͣ̎ͨͮ̑͒̏̓̓̌ͩ́̂̏̚͢͠ͅo̻̠̠̞̼͉ͦͦͣ̽̍̐ͨ̇͗̏ͦ̂̽̒ͫͦ̚͘͡ ̶̥̩͓̭̻̭̜͚̳̬̯̳̪̪̜̙͛ͮ̌͒̐̓͊̾͡͡i̷̵̧̪͔̙̳̝̤͇ͫ̿͑̃͗ͮ̑͑ͮ̾̎͂ͨͭ͢͝ͅd̷̢͇̦̖̩̯͉͎̼̫̟͇̖̺̖̈͗̓͗͋ͮ͠ẹ̬̣͔̳͔̜̝̺̘̞̬͔̮̞̪͂ͧ̂̈́ͩ͌̏͛ͫ͆͂͐̍̕ͅͅȃ̴̛̠͉͚̣̻͔̟̰̬̐͒̌̓͂ͭ̃̾̕͘͜ͅ

The Last Jedi trailer has me skeptical, but hopeful Rian can save Star Wars

Reminder that clones can't be slaves

But it was boring as the OT fights

Oh god, the Disney subsidiary known only as "The Illuminati, The Shadowy Cabal of Mosty American Jews That Rules The World" got to him before he could tell us the truth!

I'll give it to you in one word

Reylo

and that's how I lived before I joined the rebel alliance.

she was a true hero

>OT fights
My favorite lightsaber duel.

But there was a flip in that one so it sucks.

How long do we have until all the Star Wars normies leave, /swco/?

Not until after TLJ premieres. The last trailer kicked off the start of "shitposters are here for new movie hype" season.

I hope we eventually get some kind of Kyle

IT WAS RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW

>planet
Coruscant
>droid
Droideka
>ship
J-type 327 Nubian royal starship
>sentient non-human species
Hutt
>character
Obi-Wan
>starfighter
Eta-2 Actis-class light interceptor
>creature
Porg
>weapon
Z-6 rotary blaster cannon
>vehicle
74-Z speeder bike
>movie
Revenge of the Sith
>novel
Bloodline
>game
All the canon ones are mobile shit or Battlefront shit so none
>comic
Lando
>tv episode
Missing In Action

It looks better than TFA, but that really doesn't mean anything

where are they?

Up your ass, bitch.

>You too, Luke

Luke had TWICE your Force meter in the games, you ain't got shit on him.

Turns out all of them were chilling out at Starkiller Base playing Mario Kart and nobody remembered to tell them to evacuate. RIP in peace Kights of Ren.

>There's nobody out here. Wasn't Gam squadron supposed to come play us?
>Those cowards knew they'd lose.
>Because you cheat.
>Yeah, but they don't know that. Not for sure.
>You make it pretty obvious when you're not even looking at the viewer.
>There's nobody in the halls...at all. This doesn't seem right. It's like there's nobody here.
>What? We're the Knights of Ren! They wouldn't just leave without telling us.
>What was that noise...oh SITH

F for Knights of Ren

>yfw the force that awoke was kix all along

I didn't feel anything after watching it, which didn't concern me until just now.

People who want Plagueis to be Snoke also want Plagueis to be a child molester. Say no to Lucasfilm turning Plagueis into a child molester.

Weren't they all training at Luke's new Jedi Temple with Kylo who then betrayed their master bc Snoke promised them more power.

>Snoke is a child molester
Checks out

>Snoke is Plagueis
>We're gonna have Luke promote balancing the Force by teaching Rey to use the Light and Dark sides
>Luke S. (aka the guy with the same potential as his father) is going to look like a bitch next to Rey and maybe Kylo

Any other things that I should hope don't become canon with TLJ?

No idea. Literally all we know about the Knights of Ren is that they're a group and Kylo is their leader. We don't know where they came from, what their goal is, whether any of them besides Kylo are Force-sensitive, nothing. We're two years out from TFA and we still don't know shit about these guys.

haven't seen it, probably won't go see the new star wars

Snoke being Plagueis would be the only cool thing.

It just makes so much sense at least to me. Though i never thought it would happen nor would i want it too since JJ's gonna do IX.

It doesn't make much sense to me, and it wouldn't really add anything. The only appeal I can see is just the idea of Plagueis becoming a more important character but I don't think that in itself is enough to justify turning this mediocre Palpatine knockoff into Plagueis.

It was the same thing then with Legends. Fucking Jacen and Jaina literally are going to surpass him in time.

Yeah, a big part of the appeal of "Snoke is _____" theories, at least at this point, is that he's such a bland character that the only thing that would make him interesting is if he turned out to be a character we were already interested in.

But that has the downside of meaning that whatever character you liked turned out to be dopey-looking half-Chihuahua pedophile.

You know what power I wanna see make a comeback? The super speed from TPM. Like specifically I want to see Luke use it and bitch slap Kylo.

/swco/ writes a star wars fan film one post at a time

EXTERIOR NABOO THEED PALACE
we see a hooded man running down the streets

*record scratch*
Yep, that's me.

It'd be cool if he was the creation of Plagueis and the reason why Anakin was created.

That's more likely even though it won't be the case.

"The names Kip Bouillon I better take you back to where this all began"

FADE RIGHT SWIPE

INTERIOR CORUSCANT,
CHANCELLOR PALPATINE'S SCHOOL FOR DEVELOPMENTALLY DISABLED YOUTHS

"Yo Terry, put some space pants on you wagwan" shouts a matron droid to one of the kids over my shoulder.

Kylo is so damn fat in TLJ . I like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ep_JVWEKTp8

imagine being a big enough star wars fan to make talking about star wars on the internet your full time job, but still not being willing to watch the """""""bad"""""" episodes of the clone wars.

well at-least he likes the episodes he will watch, better than nothing for an otfag.

>Reminder that Jango is the biggest slave trader in the universe

You mean the Kaminoans. Jango never technically owned any of his clones, save for Boba.

They kinda were though. They never had a choice in their work and they weren't exactly paid for it either.

Nobody made Jango donate his DNA. He knew what the clones were for so it starts with him.

I do feel like they were paid though. They went to bars and everything.

>Nobody made Jango donate his DNA.

Small pieces of DNA are not people. The Kaminoans took those pieces he donated and made them into people.

>I do feel like they were paid though. They went to bars and everything.

Likely company credit cards. I donn't see it actually being money that belonged to the Clones.

twitter.com/rianjohnson/status/918172770365718529

First guy
>SO excited for TLJ and the trailer was jaw dropping - but Chewie looks a bit CGI'd. What's going on there? Only concern! MTFBWY

Rian
>Huh - that’s 100% pure unCG’d

Some other guy
>So Chewie's eyes/mouth/teeth were not CG or enhanced digitally at all in that scene in any way whatsoever?

Rian
>No. Hence the “100%”

I guess it's confirmed. Star Wars fans truly can't see the difference between costumes/practical effects and CGI.
This explains a lot about all the MUH PRACTICAL EFFECTS in TFA. People seriously fell for JJ's lies. AND it explains the ridiculous complaining about CGI in the Prequels.
Because people literally can't tell the difference it seems.

I honestly really love how blunt Rian is.

And Kylo Ren twirling like a fucking princess was okay?

Do you guys think the spinning is intentional pottery?

Spinning is a good trick.

The amazing LOD Trooper, the Empire's rarest trooper, often only deployed at long distances from a fight

>SO excited for TLJ and the trailer was jaw dropping - but Chewie looks a bit CGI'd. What's going on there? Only concern! MTFBWY
Did someone seriously ask that? I thought it was obvious that it was very practical given how stiff Chewbacca's face and hair is in this shot. It looked more stiff than he did in Episode 3.
>Star Wars fans truly can't see the difference between costumes/practical effects and CGI.
>Because people literally can't tell the difference it seems.
You're right. I remember a lot of people came here and kept claiming that the prog was 100% practical just after the trailer came out, but that porg was clearly CGI, at least the top half of it anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZBliUG3j-y0
Lando sounds hammered in BF2, my sides

>You remind me of someone... a Rebel kid I met way back
I don't get it

Retconned.

The Confederacy of Independent Systems has risen again!

Know what I hate about nucanon?

It's been like two years and I still have no idea what the fuck a Knight of Ren is.

By this time in the prequel release we already had a bunch of extraneous lore about the Jedi Order that literally no one cared about see, the Agriculture Corps but nucanon? Zip, slash, nada.

It looks like an The Empire Strikes Back rehash.

Knights of Ren were apparently added near the end of making The Force Awakens.
It is unknown if anyone of them even uses lightsabers besides Kylo Ren.
Kylo Ren destroyed the Academy around 6 years before The Last Jedi, despite Snoke slowly corrupting him from before he were even born.
Also around 6 years ago it was revealed to wider galaxy that Darth Vader was father of Leia Organa-Solo, and New Republic went crazy about it. Ben didn't knew that Vader is his granddad.

Ben likely destroyed the Academy in a fit of rage and/or when other trainees were mean to him about being grandson of Vader (despite the fact Master Luke was his son; might be though because Ben likely had problems with his temper thanks to Snoke's manipulations). Ben destroying the Academy is likely the reason Luke now fears such raw strength. Rey having similar strength to Kylo's explains why Kylo thinks it's so important to teach Rey, before she'll become a danger... to the First Order or herself, as he knows from his own experience the risk.

meth wolves > loth wolves

I think they're more like Meth Foxes

EABFII gives us TCW/SWR models in realistic style

Not really. In legends the only ones who would have surpassed Luke was Anakin Solo who died and Luke's son Ben.

Am i kino, /swco/?

How does the high budget movie CGI look worse than the low budget cartoon CGI?

I'm pretty sure the left one is a model

>Star Wars fans truly can't see the difference between costumes/practical effects and CGI.
There are forum threads from when AOTC came out where people are surprised to find out there wasn't a single physical piece of clone armor.

b-but prequel CGI was disgusting and terrible!..

Misleading

It will probably end up being Ezra

On the smooth taste of Colt45

Kanan is basically Kyle

A badass bearded mercenary with force powers who is flown about on missions by his lover voiced by Vanessa Williams