Cast unattractive person that looks nothing like what a live action starfire should look like

>cast unattractive person that looks nothing like what a live action starfire should look like
>it is racist to not like this

inb4 "shes orange though so it doesn't matter!!"

It does, an asain or latina woman would have made sense, just because the skin will be painted orange doesn't mean they will magically look like star fire, their face is too wide, nose is too big, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/early-homo-sapiens-sapiens-in-africa/
dictionary.com/browse/ratio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If we cast comic book characters based on what they look like in the comics EXACTLY, then you will have one actress playing every role.

I never said exactly, it is not difficult to find an actor/actress that looks remotely similar.

I'm more concerned with how they're gonna do Beast Boy's powers.
Shitty cgi animals?
Or maybe a vixen thing where he just gets animal powers.

But Perez era Starfire had a wide round face, full cheeks, full lips, wide nose, small chin, etc.

She had black facial features OP.

>Asian
>Looking anything like Starfire
Do you not see how enormous her eyes are?

An Asian would be the absolute WORST to cast for Starfire.

Yeah, different races have different facial structures.

Probably Cgi, a lot of people know Beastboys powers because of the TT

Should have been Latina or Flip
Black is just the flavor of the year

The actress doesn't look like that at all, asain people can still have pretty round eyes, not all of them have squinty ones, it wouldn't be difficult.

>Actress doesn't look like that at all

Are you going to seriously try and say Perez Starfire didn't have black facial features?

>Asian people can still have pretty round eyes

Fuck off. You don't get to cast a race known for small squinty eyes to play an alien known for her enormous green eyes that shoot lasers.

Asian is absolute worst casting for Starfire.

yeah but that gets my dick hard

So your point is that the only depiction of Starfire to come out after this news is the one to go by?

You don't see the problem with that?

If DC intends to make all live-action Starfire interpretations based on black women now (they will) then they absolutely would have directed the game developer to move in that direction too.

That said, I don't think casting a black woman is necessarily the wrong choice.
But I do think casting this particular woman was a terrible choice. She looks nothing like her and her physical appearance makes her look way, way too old for Starfire.

i didnt say anything i just wanted to post a Starfire

lol

>The only depiction of Starfire to come out after the news
>"They negroed her up in the game to tie in with the movie"

No you simpering retard. She's based on how she's always been drawn barring a few exceptions.

>unattractive
Beauty is subjective, I guess

>small squinty eyes
That's chinese. And only one of the two main ethnicities there, even. Koreans have round eyes.

>Koreans have round eyes

Yeah sure budy. Koreans look just like Japanese who look just like Chinese who look just like Vietnamese. Any argument otherwise is just Asians trying to pretend they aren't all the race.

>W-We Koreans have beautiful round eyes like the Whites! Really! We not ugly like Japanese piggu

Yeah sure. I bet you also have natural blonde hair and tits bigger than bug bites.

What's the deal with DC only ever hiring the worst blacks, the absolute worst blacks. I'd say it was because they film all their TV stuff in "Canada", but their movie blacks are the worst, the absolute worst too.

>Asians all look the same.
That's like saying blacks look all the same, which is weird since this arguments started with
>Perez Starfire has black facial features
>But not the same kind of black features the actress has
(which are both true)

Please go back to Sup Forums

I really don't care that they cast a black person as Starfire, the problem is that she looks old as fuck and completely unatractive.

I'm sure they could have gotten a better looking black girl

I would say that shie WILL look like starffire with makeup on. I mean, alot of actresses dont look the same without the sci fi makeup, they look diffferent with the stuff on them, check out star trek or farscape....

BUT....

Apparently, theyre not putting makeup on Domino?

so.....I DONT KNOW ANYMORE WHATS HAPPENING

Not what I said, and its not for a movie. Try to follow me.

Starfire has been drawn a lot of different ways over the years, across multiple types of media. The one in the game is fine. I have no problem with it.
But using that as a justification for the casting - which is what it appeared to be - is misleading and a poorly made point since its literally the only version of the character to be released since this casting news was. If someone posted a bunch of pictures from comics or animated films that made her resemble the actress in question and were released previous to this news, that would be a point then.

You just yelling things that make no sense (how she's always been drawn? Really? By whom? In which media? Got pictures?) is not a point. Its just an asshole jerking himself off on the internet.
By all means, continue.

Wasn't Starfire a slave?

In some iterations of her backstory, yes.

>inb4 "shes orange though so it doesn't matter!!"
>if I mention the fact that prove me completely wrong, then it can"'t be used against me.
That's not how it work.

>It does, an asain or latina woman would have made sense, just because the skin will be painted orange doesn't mean they will magically look like star fire, their face is too wide, nose is too big, etc.
Irrelevant, Star Fire's face ha rarely be consistent. of she nail the characterisation and is orange, then it's all that's needed.

Alien characters is the ONE thing people shouldn't complaining when race-casting is when the character is alien.

>It does, an asain or latina woman would have made sense, just because the skin will be painted orange doesn't mean they will magically look like star fire, their face is too wide, nose is too big, etc.

There is more than a billion of Africans and tons of variety of facial feature.

In Her case, her facial feature are actually quite close to Europeans standard. Also, she is pretty.

So... could that be the angle they're going for?

>Apparently, theyre not putting makeup on Domino?
>so.....I DONT KNOW ANYMORE WHATS HAPPENING
Domino is sony, not warner Bros.

The thing is, I think I would have actually liked Domino with an afro. i could see potential, there. But then the SFX department decided to save money.

>There is more than a billion of Africans and tons of variety of facial feature.
But this particular african looks nothing like most people would picture a live action Starfire.
So I can understand why people are bothered, especially with how this is yet another thing being spun into a case of "nerd racism".

She's an alien sex slave from a comic book.

Find something important to whine about.

>Okay gentlemen, we need to cast a beautiful alien princess.
>Let's hire a minority to give ourselves some free PR!
>Someone like Halle Berry or Rhianna who is colored but still attractive?
>No, let's hire a fugly sheboon!
>I like it! Now on to casting the gay looking fuckboy as Nightwing...

Why can't we have nice things?

Did you make this post when they cast Zoe Saldana as Gamora?

>But this particular african looks nothing like most people would picture a live action Starfire.
That s a very subjective way to put it.

The thing is there are iteration of Star fire that look like her and that's all that is needed.

>So I can understand why people are bothered,
I don't. Character's face has never been consistent. It usually stem to "the subjective perfect beauty of whoever is currently drawing her". You can't come with the "facial feature" argument when it comes to starfire. Especially when in this case, the actress is actually quite close to her first iteration.

>So I can understand why people are bothered,
Because that's exactly what it is. there would have been far less noises about facial feature or whtever if the actress had been Hayden Panettiere or something.

It could be. But if so its a cheap gimmick.
Almost every racial group in the world has taken slaves or been taken slave if you go back far enough. Not all slavery is analogous to the American version of it.
Egyptians, Romans, China, India, pretty much every Asian country actually . . . they all had slavery at some time. Celtic tribes did too, Scandinavia . . . almost everyone.
So there's no reason that her being a slave at one point makes her a black person. That's a cheap gimmick to rely on.

Not to say you aren't right. Could be that's what they're doing. But its a cheap angle.

>>Let's hire a minority to give ourselves some free PR!
That's not how it went. try again.

Nope, Zoe Saldana is mixed just enough to not look like a goddamn monkey. Shit, I'd rather have her over the bixnood gibsmedat that we got.

How big do you think her skull is to have a hair part almost a foot above her eyes?

Go back to /pol

Maybe they'll teach you how to speak English.

>>No, let's hire a fugly sheboon!

>to not look like a goddamn monkey
apparently, you do not know how a monkey look like.

>>I like it! Now on to casting the gay looking fuckboy as Nightwing...

Except this would make a 100% comic accurate Nightwing

Not that user, but I'll say it. Perez Starfire didn't have black features.
You're reaching so hard your about to dislocate your shoulder. A button nose and small chin are perfectly white. The forward cranium and in-line jaw are explicitly not-black.
What black-fetishists never seem to acknowledge is that the skin color is hardly the only defining characteristic of black people. They have utterly different bone and cranial structure than the rest of humanity. Only mixed people have anything approaching normal human bone structure.
Have you ever see that picture where it shows the same image of a skeleton copypasted a few times with 'white, black, asian, etc' underneath each one? That's literally false. Black skeletons don't look shit like the rest of us. Only heavily mixed look similar.

>Sup Forums is ever wrong

Go back to Tumblr, you transfat Apache helicopter.

No taste? Not my fault you wanna fuck a monkey. Just head down to the local zoo, I'm sure they'll have something more your speed.

>A button nose and small chin are perfectly white
Except Diop has those too.

Like siad before in the thread. There is a wide variety of facial feature with a billion of black around. Don't let what your stereotype of "what a black looke like" obstruct your vision.

You point is moot, there.

>Have you ever see that picture where it shows the same image of a skeleton copypasted a few times with 'white, black, asian, etc' underneath each one?
Seeing the wide diversity within each race, there are easily overlap on every sides.

>Not my fault you wanna fuck a monkey. Just head down to the local zoo

Zoe Saldana

pssh, nothin personnel kid.

I think his point was that her features are not exclusive to blacks. Its not moot, he's correct - she doesn't HAVE to be black to have those features.

She could be, certainly, but its not explicit simply because of facial structure in this case.

>Button Nose and small chin
>White

Nope. Whites have narrow projecting noses. Not button noses. And Whites have huge man chins compared to other races.

>Forward Cranium

Blacks actually have more frontal bossing. Their foreheads tend to project more, especially when coupled with a smaller brow (the brow is larger in whites).

>In-line jaw

Slightly more prognathism doesn't mean full on snout. How would you even tell in a comic character?

>Black skeletons don't look shit like the rest of us

I know. I can identify race through bones. But you're absolutely wrong in thinking that Black features are less gracile than white features.

It's actually the other way around in general.

Who gives a shit? What’s done is done. You stupid Sup Forumstards lost.

I odn't think the argument has ever been "she has to be black", though.The argument was rather "she can be played by a black actress like Diop".

Stop arguing about this. You faggots will bitch about this until the next black capeshit role.

Where that conversation came from though was the statement that Starfire's facial features mean she's always been drawn 'black'.
He pointed out that those features are common to other races.
He's correct.
That's all I was saying.

She could be played by a black woman, absolutely. But her drawn facial features do not make it a necessity.
And the woman they did cast for the part is an awful choice, regardless.

GUYS, I think we are missing the big point. apparence isn't always the big share of the deal.the question we have to ask is does she have the VOICE of starfire. Can she pull it out? That's what I want to know.

>was the statement that Starfire's facial features mean she's always been drawn 'black'
?

I don't think anyone made that statement.

Quite on the contrary, OP there made the statement that she could NOT be black.

That particular conversation started in reference to this.

Maybe I misread. My mistake if so.

>Blacks have robust ape like skulls they so ugly

Get fucked

robertlindsay.wordpress.com/2011/06/27/early-homo-sapiens-sapiens-in-africa/

"he most gracile skulls were 13 E Asians, 13 SS Africans, 11 SE Asians, 7 Europeans, 1 Inuit, 1 S Asian and 1 Australian. So we can see that the most modern and gracile skulls are found in Blacks and Asians. Europeans are also modern and gracile, but not so much as the others. We also see that while Australians generally have the most robust skulls on Earth, some Aborigines have very gracile skulls. Australians are best seen as an extreme mixture."

Whites have huge chins, sloping foreheads with little to no frontal bossing, and huge brows.

Fucking Brock Lesnar is white and he's literally just a shaved gorilla.

>Beauty is subjective
Not exactly. It isn't 100% subjective as it's an evolutionary instinct to help us chose the best mating partners, but things in our enviroment can shape what we find attractive. It's like how fear is subjective, as the fear of spiders and snakes is natural but we can over come them.

>Whites have huge man chins compared to other races.

Literally wrong, human chins and jaws are deteriorating as we're eating softer food we have access to by evolving.

Blacks have larger jaws, smaller chins. On the gracile side their jaws also have a steeper mandibular incline (meaning the "bottom" of the jaw is less "flat") and their foramen magnum (that socket where the spinal cord goes in) is smaller.

Pol is right in saying the races differ by skull features. You can reliably tell a person's race from their bones let alone their skulls. But they're wrong in lumping all the robust traits on Africans and all the gracile traits on whites-its a futile gesture anyway. Asian skulls tend to be the most gracile of all the races.

I think the keywords were "compared to other races". He wans't talking about other species. Learn to read..

In this case, I think user was talking about how Op's taste for beauty was unconventional, seeing that Diop's physic fit to a lot of objective standard of beauty.

Sup Forums - phrenology experts

This, really. If we weren't able to distinguish things like race, age, gender via skulls and bones then forensic anthropology wouldn't be a field.

>just because the skin will be painted orange
Is this even confirmed?
I don't trust them anymore.
All it will take is six Twitterers "campaigning" about how black is beautiful and it's sexist and racist to make her orange, and they will refrain from the paint job.

Somebody got triggered.

you could say the same about gamora casting but that went fine

Yeah except Zoe is genuinely beautiful.

Its not confirmed, no.
Now that you mention it I'm not entirely confident that they won't change it either, even if no one complains. They may just try to get ahead of the political correctness train, like a certain someone in the upcoming Deadpool sequel.

So is Diop.

I agree, she looks pretty black here to me honestly senpai

>They may just try to get ahead of the political correctness train, like a certain someone in the upcoming Deadpool
It has nothing to do with PC. The SFX department went cheap and lazy. that's it.

>except Diop has those too
Exactly. She has white features, which make it less outrageous for her to play Starfire. Ergo, Starfire does not have 'black' features.
Or, if you'd rather, a certain minority of blacks share specific physical traits with the majority of whites, therefore any attempt to classify these features as being explicitly 'black' is facile.

I honestly doubt she'll be orange, they'll just give her green accents in her eyes and CGI powers and call it a day.

>a certain minority of blacks share specific physical traits with the majority of whites,
There is more than billion blacks. Those who have white features are in no way a minority, they just don't translate well in well known features.

>Ergo, Starfire does not have 'black' features.
That was never the point. OP's complained that a black couldn't play starfire.

>I honestly doubt she'll be orange, they'll just give her green accents in her eyes and CGI powers and call it a day.
Say what you want about how WB has treated the DCEU, they never went cheap on the SFX, nor did they betray the fan when it come to the design of their characters. This isn't Sonny, there. she will be Orange.

>Akiva Goldsman

Saldana is movie-hot. Diop isn't even TV-hot. She's real life-hot, sure. If she and I hit it off at a show I'd be all about it, but playing a character who's supposed to be an inhuman beauty? She might be able to pull the role off well, which would save her casting, but color me doubtful.
Plus she's not aging well. Once again, for TV. For real life she looks pretty good for near 30.

See

>but playing a character who's supposed to be an inhuman beauty?
That's what SFX are for.

Why is Sup Forums filled with so much poltards?

I see it and he is saying that that design has facial features that can be found among blacks.

Never stated they were exclusive to black.

Koreans have big eyes

This, white people like planet of the apes

>everyone who disagrees with me is Sup Forums

Seems like a lot of wasted budget when they could have just cast someone of appropriate hotness. I mean it is TV for goodness sake, it's not like there's a shortage of stupidly attractive people.
She might turn out to really own the role, but if she doesn't it's definitely gonna be a 'why tho?' scenario.

This isn't for the DCEU.
This is for a TV show. Like Arrow, or the Flash, or Legends of Tomorrow.
Which have all been done fairly cheaply at times, at least.

That's a hispanic woman, Perez based her of a spanish dancer

Further up >She had black facial features OP.
You're explicitly incorrect. Ask yourself why you feel the need to ignore things that are right in front of you.

I used to think that too until we got to the 100th starfire thread. Don't get me started on the domino/black panther threads.

You might be right. But I might as well.
We both have the same amount of evidence in this case. They certainly didn't sacrifice on accuracy of the material to save money on Deadpool or Colossus though. Or Cable. So the 'doing it cheaply' argument is a very, very convenient one in this case.

Any pics of this spanish dancer

dictionary.com/browse/ratio

>Cherry picking an attractive Korean model

It's cute how you asians are so envious of whites, even down to how whites physically look.

Look at your pic. You can tell she's using skin whitener.

Pick 5.

>nothing like what a live action starfire should look like

>Generic characters that look different everytime another artist draws them

Cry the fuck more