Raven gets maxiseries "Daughter of Darkness"

>A new 12-part maxiseries Raven: Daughter of Darkness will debut January 10, continuing the story by co-creator Marv Wolfman from his 2016 miniseries Raven.

>"In Raven: Daughter of Darkness, Rachel will face another frightening supernatural threat, only this time, it’s one that’s very much grounded in reality," reads DC's description. "At the same time, she’ll also be dealing with some drama in her personal life as her mother returns and mixes things up with her Aunt Alice. (It’s going to get messy, guys. And when things get messy around Raven, giant frightening death demons tend to get unleashed in our world.)"

>For this new series, Wolfman will bring another creation into the fold: Night Force's Baron Winters.

>"It’s been a while since we’ve seen the not-always-noble leader of Night Force, but Daughter of Darkness will bring him back as someone who will have to intercede on Raven’s behalf," said DC's Tim Beedle. "But should she trust him?"

>Wolfman will be joined by artist Pop Mhan, who worked with him previously on DC Universe Online Legends.

I know DC probably just wants to respect Wolfman by letting him write who he said was his favorite Titans creation, but the dude is so mediocre and has been since the 90s.

Here is the solicitation for the first issue:

RAVEN: DAUGHTER OF DARKNESS #1
Written by MARV WOLFMAN
Art by POP MHAN
Cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
Variant cover by BILL SIENKIEWICZ
In this all-new miniseries, Raven faces a new, otherworldly menace that is all too grounded in reality. Plus, Raven’s personal life is in an uproar as her mother and aunt struggle for the soul of a Titan! It’s up to Baron Winters of the Night Force to intercede on her behalf as she embarks on the adventure called “The Girls With the Anime Eyes”!
On sale JANUARY 10 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 12, $3.99 US • RATED T

Raven must have done well in trade form:
138 - RAVEN ($2.99)
09/2016: Raven #1 of 6 -- 28,374
10/2016: Raven #2 of 6 -- 20,813 (- 26.6%)
11/2016: Raven #3 of 6 -- 19,154 (- 8.0%)
12/2016: Raven #4 of 6 -- 17,977 (- 6.1%)
01/2017: Raven #5 of 6 -- 17,342 (- 3.5%)
02/2017: Raven #6 of 6 -- 15,922 (- 8.2%)

>The Girls With the Anime Eyes”!

For what purpose? Why?

>Wolfman
>again
Didn't he already get a Raven series?

At least it's not her own enough series again.

It's the first sentence of the post, user.

>Wolfman
Why?

>enough
Spellcheck, there is not enough letters in "emo" to change it to "enough".

>a new, otherworldly menace that is all too grounded in reality
I don't like the sound of this for reasons I don't think it's safe to mention without derailing the thread.

Because a contemporary horror writer would've made too much sensr.

I can't even remember what happened in the last Raven mini.
Something to do with a circus?

respect for writer

The mini was so fucking bad, why are they doing this? A 70 year old man writing 13 year old high schoolers just doesn't work good. The guy literally went and created a character as Raven's schoolmate, whose parents have named him "dude". Yeah that's what millennials name their kids Marv good fucking job. Go back to Mars you cunt.

Why?

>why are they doing this?
She's gonna be in a TV show. Wouldn't be surprised if they gave Beast Boy and Starfire one.

Evil white space orb threatened Raven's new home city and everyone she cared about.

And then it ended on a cliffhanger with more evil white space orbs preparing their next move.

Wolfman is a fucking cunt and I wish he died instead of literally anyone else.

>Night Force's Baron Winters
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

TERRY LONG 2.0

>12-part maxi series
But that run was SO fucking boring and it was only 6-issues. It would have been a fine read if it was a 3-issue mini, but there was basically an additional 3-issues of nothing happens padding. I mean, I'm still down for it, but shit needs to happen this time.

How horrifying. As long as Wolfman doesn't write Donna everything will be okay.

Yeah this probably could've just been a 6 issue mini if the last one was 3 issues stretched over 6.

My prediction is he'll write Baron Winters as a creepy daddy figure to Raven.

Starfire had a comic around the same time. We even finally got Silkie (Syl'khee).

When is Charretier coming home to DC, bros?

Raven in her own emo maxiseries

No one likes comics Raven.

I would love a new beast boy mini.

Why is Raven always getting the artists who worked on the Cassandra Cain ongoing?

cartoon raven has insufferable waifufags just like cass

Same.

I'm a fag for Beast Boy, but I would rather him not having a series, than him having a series written by Wolfman.

This is the third time in the 2000s they've given Wolfman a Raven mini.

The second since Rebirth in specific.

WHO THE FUCK ASKED FOR THIS?