Is this going to collect all of the Jack Kirby stuff, or would I be better off trying to get those old paperback...

Is this going to collect all of the Jack Kirby stuff, or would I be better off trying to get those old paperback, four-part omnis?

Is this the Mega-Omnibus coming out in December? Because to my knowledge, its practically everything

>SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #133-139 and 141-148, NEW GODS #1-11, FOREVER PEOPLE #1-11, DC GRAPHIC NOVEL #4: THE HUNGER DOGS and a story from NEW GODS #6 (1984).

I don't know enough to say whether or not that's everything.

It's not. It's missing all of Mr. Miracle, but probably because that just got its own TPB.

New Gods thread?

Mister Miracle is probably in there. It's just to get you to double dip.

Mr. Miracle is included in the new Omnibus.

According to the DC website I pulled the info from, is all it collects.

Not listing stuff in the solicit of big omnibuses happens all the time.

The amazon listing is:
>Collects SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #133-139 and 141-148, THE NEW GODS #1-11, THE FOREVER PEOPLE #1-11, MISTER MIRACLE #1-18, plus later stories from NEW GODS #4 and DC GRAPHIC NOVEL #4.
Someone could compare the omnibus size listings, but I think that the 1536 pages contains Mr. Miracle

Too much filler in the new Mr. Miracle issue for my liking.

King's Orion hateboner turned me off. Also massive oocness for every single new god. (which is the point yes, but these guys haven't been written good since kirby)

So what does Sup Forums think of the 1989 New Gods series, found the first six issues at a LCS, probably going to read the rest via scans.

also going to get the Orion omnibus soon

Evanier might have been close to Kirby and knew the whole backstory behind their creation.

But he has the worst fankwank ever.

Yeah, from what I read it's kinda like that, but at least he kinda understands Orion, unlike Starlin

What about Simonson? I've heard generally positive things about his Orion.

Simonson's run is okay, but he runs out of steam fast. The best part of his run are the first handful of issues and the rest are inoffensive but nowhere near how it started.

haven't read it yet, I just really hate Starlin's Orion which is kinda what King's Orion is so far in Mister Miracle

What about it did you think was filler?

But like you said... That's the point.

Can't wait for this.

Sure you start.

go for the omnibus

Why you gotta be like that

It's great. Best take on the New Gods after Kirby.