/swco/-Star Wars Comics & Cartoons:

You know it's happening Edition
>Upcoming Releases:
swbooks.net/updates/release-2017.htm

>Out This Week:
The Last Jedi trailer (Oct 9)
Doctor Aphra #13 (Oct 11)
Star Wars Adventures #3 (Oct 11)
Star Wars: Rebels S4E1/S4E2 Heroes of Mandalore Part 1 and 2 (Oct 15)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=Q0CbN8sfihY

>Battlefront 2 - This is Star Wars Battlefront 2
youtube.com/watch?v=SNGWh_-R1VE

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uOB2XOM8Tt8
youtube.com/watch?v=FuhRpiN7CMI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is she, /swco/?

Based

A Traitor!

no, what is SHE

hot

Then Rey's all like, "Why is your dick so rough and why does it have two smaller dicks coming out of the sides of the base?"

Very wrong.
Lanter Anakin is TCW's big failing.
He's far too "Action Hero man".
They simplified Anakin's complexities because he was always going to be a static character in TCW due to his arc having been told in the films.
I get why they did it, but it definitely makes for a more shallow character than Hayden/Jake.

What's something you love about the old EU?
What's something you hate about the old EU?
What's something you both love and hate about the old EU?

TCW has tons of moments where Anakin is very complex. Most notably the finale of season 5 where he is breaking and hunting for answers about what happened with Ahsoka

Who is he /swco/?

APOLOGIZE

It rings hollow when they try to do that though because when he's not like that, he's not Anakin.

Look at the end of season 2 when he's trapped with Windu. Mace is in character but Anakin isn't.

Boba Fett surviving the sarlacc
Boba Fett turning into coldsteel by traviss
Star Wars Bounty Hunter is kino but its TOO FUCKING HARD

Tartakovsky's Clone Wars
All the stupid shit
Luuke

>What's something you love about the old EU?

The Old Republic

>What's something you hate about the old EU?

Most things after Episode Six, the Vong and Darth Box being most prominent in my mind.

>What's something you both love and hate about the old EU?

That the Skywalkers became less relevant, but only because they kept having a near family tree ending event every two generations.

General Grievous by the looks of it

meth wolves > loth wolves

A sexual being who you are not man enough to handle

>They simplified Anakin's complexities because he was always going to be a static character in TCW due to his arc having been told in the films.
Confirmed for having never seen TCW.

Wait no, scratch my first answer, I remembered that the MMO exists. Exclude that.

>You will never own a custom BD-3000.

Why is Leia being right?

see

The Solo Kids

Anakin's death

Jaina's Empire

>I didn't watch the show

Mostly just playing the vidya and reading some of the comics as a kid. Mostly nostalgia though

It was an unmonitored clusterfuck with poor quality control and even worse continuity control.

Alternate answer: The fans. Listen, I liked the EU well enough, but it was not the gold standard, nor is it somehow better than what we have today. The fans shitposting across the internet about "muh KOTOR" and "FUCK DIDNEY" and paying for billboards and petitions are embarassing and just make me not want to talk nicely about the stuff I actually like in the EU.

The amount of content. Feels like there was endless EU content, but that ended up being part of the problem. Not that Canon wont have a lot of content, but the continuity control will help. Can't exactly end up with dozens of conflicting backstories when you have a group of people there to say "wait, we did this before."

Alternate answer: Battlefront 2. I loved the game and put thousands of hours into it, but the fanbase is complete fucking cancer.
Tired of every discussion about the new game being interrupted with "ITS SHIT, IT WILL NEVER TOP THE OLD GAME", despite the fact that the new game is objectively better in every single way. Now I can't even talk about one of my favorite childhood games without the so-called fans focusing much of the conversation about how much they hate Dice

see

He's completely in-character though and acts just like Anakin would.

was he reincarnated as a wolf just like ahsoka
youtube.com/watch?v=uOB2XOM8Tt8

old BF2 was ok but it wasn't as good as the very first
I actually like BF2015 better than either in spite of its MANY flaws, and I feel nu BF2 will only be better in terms of Starfighter battles and campaign story

Anakin is in-character there. It was made by Lucasfilm, its Canon, hell it was made by Lucas himself.

If thats how Lucas says Anakin was during the Clone Wars, than that is his character, period. People are different during wartime, AOTC had Anakin pre-war. ROTS had Anakin on leave and stuck dealing with a very personal dilema. TCW has Anakin during wartime.

I'd argue that TCW Anakin lines up perfectly with ROTS Anakin at the start of the movie during the Coruscant battle, and Anakin degrades from that point onwards into the character you remember of ROTS.

Tales/Knights of the Old Republic comics (indifferent toward the games)
there's, what, at least three or four different types of Sith dicking around after Anakin destroyed the Sith?
the Yuuzhan Vong war

Why is everyone calling the crystal dogs wolves? They're clearly foxes.

You haven't seen the episode i'm talking about.

> love
Republic Commando is vidya TCW three years before TCW in terms of clones characterization, also Deltas are still best clone boys

> hate
...funny thing, i am actually drawing a blank at this one. There's a lot of silly stuff but i can't think of anything i outright hate.

> love and hate
Genndywars are fun but overrated

>old BF2 was ok but it wasn't as good as the very first
I can completely understand this, even if I don't fully agree (I love heroes, and as boring as the space battles were, I still got tons of hours out of them)

>I actually like BF2015 better than either in spite of its MANY flaws
This I can not. I max-leveled that game and put hundreds of hours into it too, but it is way too fucking flawed to ever be considered good. I get angry just thinking about all the jumppacks.

>I feel nu BF2 will only be better in terms of Starfighter battles and campaign story
Nah, the variety in content and TCW stuff in the multiplayer has already put it at the top for me. Loved the beta, and the leaked Kamino footage basically sold me. My only gripe is how heroes are being handles, but even that is still objectively better than all prior games.

I never said I considered it good, just that I liked it better for certain reasons, and infinite jetpacking meta was one of the reasons it infuriated me

I will not buy a single EA BF again until they get rid of star cards.

Forgot to add; I believe classes are essential to Battlefront, and are the #1 reason why the classic games + the new game are more fun and immersive and enjoyable as a Star Wars shooter

Loadouts are cancer and go against the feel of Star Wars factions completely. Never felt like the Rebels or Stormies in BF2015, but the new game seems to have recaptured the feeling of being on each faction properly

I have, multiple times dude.

>saved this pic on june 22 2015

This goes farther back than you think

Why? They were shit in the first game, but Dice's recent statements on how they're being handled in the new game actually sounds pretty solid.

Because the fun of any multiplayer shooter is seeing a class and understanding how they work. BF was a completely clusterfuck with the card system and was far more frustrating than fun. A lot of the changes they seem to be making are fun and all, but I think star cards are still at the root of the problem. Just get rid of them and do straight classes.

Oh yeah, and each side being able to use the other's weapons is just still terrible.

Look like some people never watch Natgeo

Genndy Clone Wars, RepComm game, all the lore books like the Essential Guides and Jedi Path and stuff

Crystal Star, Jedi Prince, Holiday Special

Yuuzhan Vong. ADORE as a concept, detest in execution.

Classes are good only insofar as they permit player agency in all other respects. Change everything you want about the character you play as, but you don't get to modify your ability loadout to be ultra overpowered, you have to use a preset. Just for the love of God don't tie it to appearance or primary weapon. If I'm forced to play as some dumb colorful big guy meganigger with a bunch of shit stuck on him just to use the standard DC-15 clone trooper long rifle, I'll fucking scream. Especially if I can't customize the big guy to be a dressed exactly like Bly or Deviss but instead some weird amalgamation of Cody and Paratroopers

youtube.com/watch?v=FuhRpiN7CMI

Still can't get over how genuinely great this trailer's music was.

>seeing a class and understanding how they work
This shit was invented by TF2 and now its a meme, nobody noticed in Quake, or Counter Strike, or Battlefield 2, or anything. Fuck this silhouette shill argument against player customization, I will never accept its fallacious premise.

Using buzzwords and angry rhetoric isn't an argument either buddy. I think player appearance customization is fine, even if it would suck to see a whole bunch of clones with different colors running around, but no, star cards don't work. I'd even accept faction and class limited weapon customization, but not star cards.

I really hope it's happening. It's all the ST has left now.

So is he better or is he the same?

I want to see an awesome New Republic, a new Jedi Order and a new enemy, is that too much to ask for?

did someone say Star Wars HQ?

The only movie Anakin we see is as an impatient padawan and as a Knight at the end of his ropes, I've never gotten this argument that TCW Anakin is somehow OOC.

Because people say he's better. He can't be a better character AND the same character.

This. It's the fact that it's a tv show, one that's set between two films so they can't have the character drastically change.
It's not necessarily a bad thing or anything.

They're leaning so hard on this that I can't help but wonder if it's not another misdirect like "Finn is a Jedi!" from the TFA trailers.

Rey is very obviously in a different place than Kylo, so they're hoping no one notices.

>Desperate SJWs trying to convince themselves that the person holding out their hand at the end of the trailer isn't Kylo
>Lucasfilm confirms it and they're trying to say it's a lie and a trick
It's just getting weird at this point

It's obviously not the same scene but I'm not sure it matters. I don't think Kylo would reach out that way to anyone else. It's not so much a misdirect as a hint at where the story is going. Rey says she wants someone to show her her place, and the trailer then presents Kylo as an answer. That's the point, not that it's the same scene.

Our only hope of redeeming the Sequel Trilogy, or at least a third of it.

The Korriban stuff in KOTOR.
Force Unleashed
Luuke

>people honestly thought finn was gonna be a jedi

KotOR 1
Evil Luke, Emperor Clones, Jedi Leia, Luuuke
It was creative, sometimes too creative

Thing is, it wasn't really a misdirect. People assumed a lot out of it that wasn't real, but they didn't show anything that didn't happen in the movie. Finn wielded a lightsaber and it was a key moment in the movie. That's what the trailer showed, and that's what happened.

If I remember correctly, one of the very first clips, at least one with a lightsaber, was Finn holding Anakin's lightsaber.

both

In two months it will be
>People honestly thought Rey was going to go dark

Nothing in the trailer made me think Rey would go dark. The scene with Kylo holding out his hand more made me think that Kylo would be redeemed.

Makes no sense.

You don't remember the pre-release advertising? Finn with a lightsaber was everywhere.

>People honestly thought Jyn was going to go imperial

I remember but it didn't bamboozle me

I like how Gareth revealed that this shot was just them fucking around and had nothing to do with the script at any point.

There was a lot of clever editing in trailers to make Finn out to be the new Jedi. As in they admitted that a misdirect campaign was in place.

what if finn was the scavenger and rey was the FO trooper?

This. But then again, there are people who genuinely think Kylo will fire in that scene with Leia.

>People honestly thought it was time for the Jedi to end

>All the theory videos talking about Grey Jedi as if it's a new thing
It's finally happening; 30 years of EU forgotten and laid aside.

Gonk

As it should be.

The vastness of it.

Super duper OC Donut Steals

The Force. It makes for great spectacle but the DBZ tier fights can get quite retarded after a while, and it makes the movie characters look ungodly weak.

let them forget the EU, disney would only shit all over it if they went into it.

i like the EU just the way it is, the emperor comes back to life, boba fett gets a family and luke sky walkers great grand sons a crack head.

dont touch a fucking thing in EU disney

What I'm more saying is that people are acting like things in the TLJ trailer may be a straight up lie while citing the "Finn is a Jedi" thing. However, nothing in the trailers with Finn was a lie. The emphasis on him with the lightsaber played with the audiences' expectations, but nothing about it was untruthful. Everything in the trailer happened exactly as they showed it; he wielded the saber in a fight.

Now if they'd done some strange editing, like showing one of Rey's usages of the Force and making it out to be like Finn was the one using the Force, that would have been a true misdirect.

I wonder who fell for it? I thought it super obvious that Rey was a jedi.

continuing from last thread

>we will never get to see this part animated
feelsbadman

I think Snoke is going to torture Rey and Kylo is going to kill Snoke in order to save her for some ROTJ pottery.

Most black people other than myself of course.

The normies that think you need to have the force to be able to use lightsabers, because that's how they've always been portrayed (then they conveniently forget Han for a minute in ESB and Grievous entirely). That combines with the whole mindset of "Jedi is the overall, full encompassing term for force users!!!" and since the blade wasn't red that OBVIOUSLY meant Finn was a Jedi.

This I agree with

This I agree with

>killing Snoke halfway through the new trilogy.

C'mon, man. You're better than that.

A YouTuber I really like, Black Nerd Comedy, went all-in on Finn hype before TFA came out, solely because he was a black dude and he could identify. I remember him making videos where he kept buying all kinds of Finn merch.

I could only imagine his heart sinking when he realized Finn was incompetent comic relief who was a literal janitor.

hello there

It was very vast and inclusive, had place for everyone. I like stuff like all the different varied Stormtrooper backgrounds from EU much more than Disney's "they just stopped cloning" explanation.

They tried keeping too much shitty stories canon in some way. Sometimes it was later reworked into fun re-imaginings, like with those articles about Imperial warlords, but most of the time it wasn't given a second thought, making continuity shizophrenic.

I also wasn't a fan of the Vong stuff, the X-Wing Mary Sue-filled books and the Luke Jedi Order stuff. Early post-Endor needed better books and preferably some video games.

The Dark Empire. Lots of cool stuff, vehicles, characters and ideas executed in one of the worst ways possible.

A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR!