Why do fandoms always try to make villains likable?

Why do fandoms always try to make villains likable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oIscL-Bjsq4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Women find evil attractive.

she was the last good thing that hapenned in the show
way more interesting than either of the diamonds

Because The Devil always gets the best lines in the story.

Because they want to fuck them

That image is so goddamn adorable.

I DECLARE THIS A JASPER THREAD. GIVE TO ME ALL THE JASPER ARTS.

She was just lonely only being valued as a brute but no love, and sad about her mother figure dying

OH PLEASE

fucking misogynists

Villains that are secretly good, makes the character more 3 dimensional and thus more relatable.

Because deep down, everyone wants a horrible monster that they and only they can bring the good side out of. A situation where they become dependent on you, and become better for it, loyalty to you above all else.

Additionally, people are always paranoid that those they like and respect on a day to day basis are just waiting to plunge their knife into your back, and use your corpse as a stepping stone. Well, not to that extent, but you get the general idea.

These ideas are logically absurd and extremely unlikely, but like all ideas with said qualities, they become less ridiculous the more people espouse it in a group. It also helps if no-one can keep a level head, or even wants to. Hence, that shit spreads like wildfire in fandoms.

It's why you get people shitting on Ron throughout the entire Harry Potter series, because he's very much an ordinary teenager, while people will trip over themselves to explain why Draco Malfoy can be excused for espousing the eugenics program of a probably cannibalistic sociopath who can't kill teenagers, uses slurs vindictively and unironically, and unironically supports selective breeding of human beings despite the fact his family lost the ability to produce melanin.

It's also why characters like Jinx (LoL), Terra and Blackfire are fetishised like crazy despite being respectively a) the ideal conservative northern city destroyer, b) a shudderingly short fused cunt who'd reenact Kobe every time someone said they didn't like her and c) a reject from space shakespeare who'll jump on anything as long as her sister claimed dibs.

The dynamic between the Diamonds is the most interesting thing in the show tЬh desu

He didn't say ONLY women...

you meant boing

Because her redemption would actually be interesting in the show.
Personally, i dont like jasper,at least from what we have been shown. Shes a generic villain whos mean and big, but the potential she has is BIG.
Redeemed jasper could be the best character in the show. Plus,even if you dont like her character,you cant deny her episodes allways bring interesting shit to the series

True I like evil girls as much as girls as much as girls like bad boys

Got me there. I'd do Blackfire's bidding and I don't care if she'd live me up shit creek afterward either.

oh hey nice dead show

This shit its like, since classic James Bond films.

Jasper is better as a villain.
Full stop.
Without a good central conflict, the show is shit.
SU bit off more than it could chew and fucked up in many ways.

Fandoms are composed by nerds. Nerds naturally are mostly subs.

They identify with the awful cunt that hurts people and want to believe they can avoid responsability if they give out their sob story and pinky-swear they've changed/want to change.

That's Lapis though.

Jasper would've been a lot more interesting she actually had some kind of villain speech where she talked about how much the gems actually fucked up everything and how they destroyed effectively everything she cared about.

Lapis raped Jasper for months, and NO ONE did something about it!
I mean, I would totally chain up jasper and do lewd things to her, but I would ask her if she wants to!

She kinda did have one before getting corrupted.

Waifufags are fucking stupid.

>her redemption would actually be interesting in the show
No. Having a strong villain would actually be interesting. Having yet another redeemed piece of shit like Lapis and Peridot? Please no.

Why didn't you protect her smile Sup Forums?

Why didn't I...
youtu.be/oIscL-Bjsq4

Kinda but it barely covered anything. The delivery of it wasn't very good either.

I thought the delivery was good.

The delivery was good, but the content on it should've had more, content.

Jasper is not for lewd.
She is for consensual hugs.

Because villains tend to be more fun or more interesting than the protagonists

Villains are hot

bump

In a show with such lackluster writing for so many of the gems, Jasper is one of the only good characters with any cool motives that have compelling depth behind them, and her backstory and reasons for being the way she is are both interesting and sympathetic which means she doesn't have to cry and sing to make you feel sowwy for her like all the other gems constantly have to do.
There are also no straight up evil villains in SU, most of the characters do a bunch of irredeemably horrible shit that they end up getting forgiven for, and Jasper is one of the only ones that ever receives major consequences for hers. She is unarguably a contender for the su character who has suffered the most even though her antagonism against the cgs is justified are her actions are understandable even if they're usually wrong or misguided. Rebecca Sugar wants you to sympathize with her.

The only other characters I like at all on the show are Pearl, Greg, and Rose. The rest are either boring as fuck (Garnet, Lapis, the townies) or frustrate me (Lapis, Peridot, Steven occasionally). But I think the diamonds have potential too, even though I dislike how big of a sad crybaby they made blue into.

As for other villains in other shows, people tend to like them because they think the villains are cool and badass or because they're teenage girls who want to fuck them, but sometimes the villain does end up being a lot more interesting than the hero and it isn't weird for people to like a character for their character and not the goodness of their actions.

I am interested in what kind of gemfag you are user, why do you find them more likable than Jasper? You better not say Lapis

Because the fandom itself is more reprehensible than the villain could ever be?

Jasper's motivations make a lot of sense considering and her resolve is admirable but she would be a whole lot better of a villain if she didn't act so generic day to day. She basically just acts like a "I'm strong, you're weak, time to smash puny wimps' type villain and doesn't act like supplementary info would have you believe. I used to like peridot a lot considering she tended to act much more sensibly than the rest of the cast but I actually dropped the show once they started making her a retarded kid. It's kinda frustrating that despite the show's strength being in it's characters, the writers drove almost all of them into the ground.

They have to self insert somehow.

I agree with both your points. Even though I like Jasper's character the most out of the others on su, I know the writers kind of botched her current arc's potential by waiting too long to give an explanations to who she is and why she is the way she is, but like you said and I glossed over in my other post, the writing for all the characters and their arcs is sadly pretty shitty throughout most of the show, which is disappointing considering that it is intended to be purely character driven.

>like villainous girls
>turn to diamonds over villainous girls going good or getting redemption or broken

it's a fetish idk

Am I the only person who hears "redemption" and immediately think of someone "redeeming" that character at a prize counter?

I actually dislike "redemptions" and prefer villains to stay villains. Just imo.

Because there are inevitably people who either like the character for reasons other than being evil and would rather them become good so they don't have to deal with that or think that redemption is always a good storyline.
Or worst of all, they genuinely think the Villain is the good guy.
To be fair her redemption COULD be interesting in ways that Lapis and Peridot failed, Lapis practically sounds like a tourist that got caught up in the conflict and has no real love for either side of the conflict before being dicked over by both sides. Her redemption is weak in that she was never really against them.
Peridot is just a sheltered idiot so she was easily won over by a literal song and dance.

Jasper has genuine hate for Earth itself as well as the Crystal Gems, was in the war, and lost people she cared about. If I had any faith they could work with that it could be a good story, but I don't.

This
Irredeemably evil villains are the best villains

Jasper redemption would be interesting but they would just stick her in the barn and do nothing else with her character after that. Seriously I stopped watching around rocknaldo has lapis even had a connection to any crystal gem besides peridot? Or is she still doing nothing?

>tfw I'm excited for Jasper to come back but I know deep in my heart that if she ever does this will happen

no, they're still in the meme barn contributing nothing to the plot.

Because they're bad people who identify with bad people but don't want to admit they're bad people

Wrong, it's the damaged goods principle. We see someone broken and awful and want to make them
slightly redeemed and less awful people by our hand. We want them to like us and us alone. There is nothing on this earth that makes you feel better than doing this, as unlikely and incredibly difficult as it may be.

Jasper is coming back but now that Zuke got kicked out nobody is going to be retarded enough to shove her into the memebarn. Us Jasperfags really won the lottery, not only did we avoid having our waifu ruined by an insane talentless shippingfag, but healing from her corruption will also inevitably add even more layers to her already very sympathetic and badass storyline.

NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R

nobody on the show is good at writing. It's practically inevitable that they'd fuck it up considering how they fucked up everybody else with or without zuke's assistance

you know damn well shed get BARN'd

Jasper hates the Earth but really wants to love it. All other gems get to love their home planets, so it's upsetting that you are the exception.

If Jasper got to know Earth, she may truly love it. It is a peaceful, serene ball without constant worry over being the best quartz soldier. She could find more to life than just fighting (like Crying Breakfast Friends).

>tfw there are silly beanies who ever thought jasper wasn't going to come back
>tfw jasper has been confirmed to return by sugar as well as hinted to by multiple other crewniverse members over the course of steven universe's current five month long hiatus
>tfw there are still a few silly beanies still denying it

>jasperfags honestly think that she isnt just going to join the autism gang in the special barn

In the case of Jasper, because her being 'redeemed' by Steven would be a huge plot moment.

Steven has this huge anxiety about not being able to live up to his mom's legacy. There's also an ongoing issue about Steven having to deal with the fallout and consequences of his Mom's rebellion.

Being able to get Jasper on side would mean he's truly come out from under his mom's shadow, if even Jasper recognizes that he's not Rose. It'd also mean he's found a way to heal all the wounded she couldn't.

As for why fans always do it? Because fandoms are inevitably cesspits filled with human garbage.