ITT: Things you hate on live-action comicbook shows

>Introduce an original character as an important or recurrent member of the show
>Later on reveal it's actually a character from the comicbook that was going by another name all this time
>Sometimes the original character that you created becomes popular and now you have to bring one from another universe to still keep him relevant

or

>Introduce an important character from the comics into the tv show
>The characterization is so shit and evryone hates it, that you end up introducing a new character later on that is supossed to be the legit version of the character from the comicbook

also

>Introduce tv version of the hero
>Don't start with the costume version that everyone loves from the comicbooks and instead we have to wait seasons for the character to start wearing something that resembles the look of the comicbook
>Worst case scenario, you don't even see the character using a costume the whole show

And this is just the tip of the iceberg

Tonight on the CW.

Netflix capeshit is worth watching for like one episode then you realize its littered with this shit

>introduce a badass new character into the show
>seemingly kill him half a season later
>actually just injure him
>then do something interesting with him from a while as he struggles with the sudden changes in his personality and doesn't know if that's for the better
>then just throw it all away and make him 100% evil, another shitty boring poor man's Punisher
>later reveal that he was actually supposed to be some Z-list Batman foe #4918
I hate Gotham so fucking much

>have to wait seasons for the character to start wearing something that resembles the look of the comicbook

so you really fucking hate Arrow, right?
understandable

>>Iron Fist
>>Removes all the fantastical elements of Iron Fist
>>Kun Lun destroyed before we even see it
>>Bride of Nine Spiders was a fucking joke
>>These elements won't be back in the comics.

>First half of the season is based around the protagonist having to deal with an interesting character
>Then they get killed or incapacitated halfway through and the rest of the season focuses on a shitty character with an even shittier story.

>superhero landings
>complete novice fighters who become self defense masters in a matter of a few episodes
>Star Wars references
>Star Trek references
>Harry Potter references

>”I can’t tell _____ my secret because I want to keep them safe!”
>_____ isn’t safe regardless.

>”Hey.”
>“Hey.”
>”You ok?”

All live action TV adaptations are low effort shit either aimed at the fangirl crowd or the lowest common denominator. I just read comics so that at least if I'm disappointed I can resell it and not lose anything, and I can read a story much faster than I can sit and have one spoonfed to me.
Live action should be a bannable offense. It's all trash.

this happened in dexters second last season iirc

>character supposed to be evil is actually very lovable because of actor's performance and ridiculous censorship that don't let him be as evil as on the comics.

but gotham is on fox

>Show spends 8 seasons of villains, arcs, character development, and exposition
>Still doesn't just outright call the main character by their capeshit name until the last second

Everyone involved with Smallville can go straight to hell. They're good with tossing in Slade Wilson, but not Superboy? Fuck off.

This. Fuck Netflix.

>Main arch nemesis appears for 1 episode, poses little threat, gets killed off and never appears again

>Smallville
>Clearly a Superman show
>No Superman in sight, just some faggot jock
>But all his villains still show up

>Gotham
>Clearly a Batman show
>No Batman in sight, just some faggot kid

And they're both awful shows.

This is why you don't let writers trying to reinvent characters and stories have their works published.

>Arrow
>Clearly a Green Arrow show
>No Green Arrow in sight, just some faggot Felicity

>The Flash
>Clearly a Flash show
>No Flash in sight, just some faggot from Glee

>Supergirl
>Clearly a Supergirl
>No Supergirl in sight, just some faggot black man calling himself "James"
>But all her villains still show up

>Agents of SHIELD
>Clearly a MCU show
>No MCU in sight, just some faggot Coulson
>But all their villains still show up

>The Gifted
>Clearly a X-Men show
>No X-Men in sight, just some faggot mutants
>But all their villains still show up

These and

>Adapt a certain comic
>Make it grounded and gritty despite the source material being colorful and wacky.

What the fuck happened to Vic Mackey

>no heroes in sight
>no villains in sight either
>it's just some humans talking about epic battles that happened offscreen

>Introduce an important character from the comics into the tv show
>The characterization is so shit and evryone hates it, that you end up introducing a new character later on that is supossed to be the legit version of the character from the comicbook
I know I've seen this before, but I honestly cannot name any concrete examples.

Powerless

Thanks user I couldn't think of the name.

I thought it was called "Unshielded".

>The closest thing a character gets to their costume is either some leather material that kinda resembles the comic costume or a jacket
>Try to do a storyline done in the comics but do it half-assedly
>Show wants to be grounded while also being based on a superhero comic book
>Introduce a completely new character who is really somebody from the comics but minus anything that would resemble their comic counterpart
>Tries to change the status quo but it's done in a dumb ass way
>Major change happens in season finale and it's undone next season within the first few episodes

>show or movie adapts a storyline from the comics
>90% it's from something done in the last ten fucking years
>and it's almost always shit
Comics have been around for decades, why do they keep adapting the same fucking thing? Flashpoint isn't the only damn thing to ever happen to Flash

>no hero in sight
>no villain in sight
>show about nothing

Oh shit I’m watching Seinfeld.

shiggy

seinfeld the animated series when?

- I liked Daredevil's improv and homemade fight clothes better than the trademarked image they showed at the end of season one.
- Jessica Jones really does look like that in the books
- Luke Cage really does look like that in the books.
- Danny Rand / Iron Fist is kinda a shit idea from the '70s , and I get the blonde afro look as a nod to it's '70s origin, but it is more stale than Abba, there's no rescuing this image.

>Danny Rand / Iron Fist is kinda a shit idea from the '70s
Go fuck yourself

Not really. I don't watch it. The first thing I'm referencing happened in Smallville, but I'm well aware of what Arrow did with Black Canary.

>>Introduce an original character as an important or recurrent member of the show
>>Later on reveal it's actually a character from the comicbook that was going by another name all this time
Fucking John Robin Blake

>all her villains
Try her cousin's villains

Jay Garrick on Flash? Black Canary on Arrow?

I had assumed that Hunter pretending to be Jay was planned from the start.
And no Black Canary on Arrow has been a good fucking adapting of the character

There is been 3 versions of the character in that show. And Oliver is still going to marry Felicity.

>I really like this name
>Robin

>Remenber how they used to call me?
>Harvey two faces
>Why to hide what i'm really am?

I wonder how the nolanverse would continue

>The killer looks like a croc
>a killer croc

>The machinations of my mind are a enygma
>You can say that i'm a living riddler

>Once in school i sold my hat for three nickels
>The hat was worth much more than that, but i did anyway
>The other kids started to call me the "Mad Hatter"

You know that's a canon version of the origin of Harvey's nickname, right.

>- I liked Daredevil's improv and homemade fight clothes better than the trademarked image they showed at the end of season one.
That was just his Man Without Fear costume though.

>the concept is to grand or otherworldly to be within the budget of the show.
DD, JJ, and Cage were all within the idea of being good as a TV/Streaming show, Iron Fist was asking to much or demanding they remove the mystical from it and Inhumans was fucking stupid to be budgeted on live action TV when 2/3rds the cast power levels are over the top in cost. I never get that level of stupid ambition where you think you can take an idea that has so much FX needed and turn it into a weekly format show.

>it is more stale than Abba
>ABBA
>stale
You have shit taste senpai.

>Arrow
>Clearly a Green Arrow show
>No Green Arrow in sight, just some faggot Felicity
Eh, more like Batman's villains show up.

>reference is made to a costume like in the comics or the hero's name in the comics
>"That's stupid"

More like
>Arrow
>cleary a Batman show
>No Batman in sight but some faggot Oliver Queen

It turns out Silver age comics were decades and decades of shitty plots that wouldn't fill fifteen minutes of screentime.

I mean that's fine if your superhero show is one of those cartoons they make nowadays where the episodes are only 10 minutes and air two per block instead of a full half-hour show.

>modern plots are good because they're massively decompressed so publishers can sell more books

why dont they just throw the ball so gon can hit it out of the air

>Character wears a costum from day 1
>Fans complain because it's not the right shade of red or whatever

>It turns out Silver age comics were decades and decades of shitty plots that wouldn't fill fifteen minutes of screentime
After those decades, you could probably fill at least one season with the good exceptions.

>fans should just accept shitty costumes because it's better than not even making an attempt

>I get the blonde afro look as a nod to it's '70s origin

Nigga that's just his hair

>the whole show is a watered down crapbasket with the look, feel and acting of a procedural crime drama, the villains are either changed drastically or not put into the show at all and no one has any costumes, all to satiate normies and their fear of campness and of anything too outlandish and unrealistic despite it being about people with fucking superpowers

I honestly have not seen a post this casual, down to using dashes instead of greentext.

Fuck off, his mask is a simple and strong design that's stuck around and Iron Fist has the easiest justification for having a superhero costume ever because it's sacred garb of a fantasy culture.

While the show is an absolute garbage fire, it's not to blame for Kun Lun being gone in the comics.
Blame Kaare Andrews for that.
The fucking hack.

well I do

>Jessica Jones really does look like that in the books

And yet Legion exists

>procedural crime drama
That reminds me
>the villain is a boring, cartoonishly evil collection of bad police procedural cliches
>fans with low standards think it's the best, most interesting and scariest villain to ever be in a TV show

>superhero landings
I fucking love this trope though. Literally never gets old.

rot in hell

Netflix was a mistake

>You can't kill him or you will be just like him even though you have killed almost every other villain you faced

>I'm powerless but want to help out the MC who has actual skills or powers

>Your fucked up why didn't you tell me this earlier even though this is something beneficial to the team and a non issue.

>MC is gone, dead, or incapacitated I the side character who has been hyped up shall step up and take down this villain there is no way I will job.

>I can't control my powers stay away from me I don't want to hurt you when you could probably fix this problem

>Wow new ally your power or skill set is pretty useful how about you join the team. Oh your going to go solo now well you are surely to help us when we need you or villain that you could solo is here and not show up when the big bad is here.

>Man I have cool powers but need a team who can support even though I can do half the stuff they could do but even better.

This is the best one so far

>supporting character has a Special Forces background or something badass like that
>exists only to establish how dangerous the villains are or how the cool her is by jobbing to them

*how cool the hero is
Oops, brainfart.

But all of flash's good villains got snatched up by the Legends

>villain or side character is more interesting than the MC

Ward and the other side characters were the only enjoyable thing about that show.

>villain or side character is more interesting than the MC
>said villain or side character is still shit

Bravo.

>the show is trying to be horror
Yeah, stick with capeshit. Maybe even crimeshit but horror in cape shows is laughable, unless the show is called Legion and even that is not perfect.

that's funny, because it also describes Falsh's Harrison Wells to a t
>introduced as the head of STAR labs and mentor of Barry
>10/10 chemistry with everybody else and best acting in the show (at least in s1 imho)
>turns out he's Eobard Thawne keikauing to steal Flash speedforce
>got beaten and erased of the timeline (sort of)
>in s2 and s3 they got other dimension's Harrisons Wells to still act as a suport of team flash
admitedly, each season is lamer and lamer
how did they do it in Smallville?

nigga you know she changed way before synergy came into play

>all her hope and optimism...gone.

Oh, my mistake. I got it wrong. It's the second one. It happened on Smallville when Jimmy Olsen died. At his funeral it's revealed he had a little brother and it's hinted he's going to be the new Jimmy Olsen.I remember something like that. May be wrong in a few details.

And yes, the first one it's mainly about Harrison Wells. But it can also be about Skye from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Butch turning out to be Cyrus Gold in Gotham and now that people have brought up John Blake, there's also Miranda Tate being Talia Al Ghul. It happens in other franchise series, like Star Trek Into Drakness with the reveal of Khann.

It's so dumb. I don't know why they continue doing this.

Another one I'm starting to hate is when a irrelevant character from the comics is given so much spotlight. Best examples of this are Felicity and the nurse from the Marvel Netflix series. It changes the whole dynamic of the cast and ends up having famous pairings altered or more important characters removed.

Examples?

P U R P L E D

Which show?

who was this?

Maximus, probably