Do you agree that Daredevil season 1 is the best Netflix Marvel show and the only one that is truly excellent?

Do you agree that Daredevil season 1 is the best Netflix Marvel show and the only one that is truly excellent?

Yep. I really wish I could go back and tell everyone that DD s1 is a fluke, and that none of the other marvel netflix shows will match it in quality.

Yes.

Although I haven't seen any non-Daredevil Netflix Marvel shows yet.

Sadly yes. Season 2 had some fun moments but didn't exactly have as focused a story. They should've scaled back the episodes and done either the Punisher or Hand story, not both. Really, I think all of the Netflix shows could've benefited from having 8 episodes person rather than 13.

But Daredevil s1 was only OK at best.

I've not seen them myself but I've seen people liking Jessica Jones and Luke Cage quite a bit.

They really need to bring Kingpin back as the focus for DD

I was so disappointed he didn't even get so much as a namedrop in the Defenders. I thought the whole reason they were setting up his origin in DD S1 was to make him the main villain of the Defenders.

I wonder if Frank will mention him/do anything about him in The Punisher.

Yes. Everything else is a mistake.

Yes, and I'd argue Season 2, although not as good, was still pretty solid.
Everything else was either mediocre or outright bad but I guess that's to be expected from the MCU

The first half of season 2 matches it, but the second half dragged it down too much. So yeah, DD S1 stands above.

The decline is almost impressively linear:

DD1>JJ=>DD2>LC>IF=>DF

Season 1 was amazing. JJ and S2 were great, but not quite as good (poor pacing for JJ, disjointed plot for DD2). LC had a strong first half and a terrible back half. Then IF and DF were just poorly choreographed, boring and bland messes.

What happened, anons?

How do we make it right? I barely got through the last three, if they go further down I just won't be able to watch anymore.

It is probably still the best. The strengths at which it excelled are still the best parts of every other show or season, (if they have them,) but they've all got their issues:

Jessica Jones suffers mainly from everyone in it (except Luke Cage) being a dumpster fire of a person. It's enough to make one wish the Chitauri had won.

DDS2 did have a fantastic first part with the Punisher, but then switched over to the Hand plot, and the problem with The Hand, throughout the Netflix shows, is that they don't even rank on the scale set by Fisk in the first Netflix season. There's nothing psychologically compelling about it; no story of its own to follow, just a bunch of faceless ninjas and a bunch of front-men who may or may not be revealed in Defenders to be more important than others.

Luke Cage suffered from its final antagonist not belonging in the genre the Netflix shows had staked out for themselves. Sure, sure, I've heard the justifications and the storied pedigree of blaxploitation villains that Diamondback descends from; his goofiness is still out-of-place here.

Iron Fist had LOADS of problems, mainly Danny being good at absolutely zilch. He's terrible at fighting and terrible at business, so what's even the point? On top of that, the enemy was the Hand again, so it was like the less-interesting half of DDS2 being stretched into its own show.

And Defenders still had the Hand problem; the fingers ended up seeming like nothing more than mooks, except for Gao and Alexandra, and the latter didn't even get to do anything. On top of that, the Hand being fully revealed and basically destroyed made Defenders feel like a contraction of the universe, not an expansion like Avengers was.

The greatest strengths of the Netflix shows are generally their complex and compelling antagonists balancing them out, but not all of them manage this.

The Hand kept getting worse every time they showed up.

In Daredevil, they were this huge mysterious threat, badass zombie ninjas led by a Japanese slasher villain.

In Iron Fist, they get toned down to the point where CLAIRE can hold her own in a fight.

In Defenders, they're cardboard the main cast has to punch through.

Talk about villain decay, jesus.

Also Alexandra being hyped as this badass archvillain and then she gets taken out without doing anything? At least Gao did some cool stuff.

Gao shouldn't have even been part of the Hand. Obviously she was meant to be from K'un-Lun, but she didn't act anything like Nobu's boss in DDS1.

Yep. DD did it right by having a bunch of minions under Kingpin, so that DD is working through the ranks to make the confrontation with Kingpin all the more highly anticipated.

Every other season fucks this up and ends up with a long winded plot that gets boring and stale. JJ resorts to Kilgrave escaping conveniently too much and a huge anticlimax. DD S2 was uneven and was half Punisher ad and half Ninja Hand with last second villain. Luke Cage was pretty aimless. Iron Fist was Iron Fist, and Defenders proves there's no ongoing plan for these shows.

I have no reason to keep watching these shows...maybe Punisher if they have it be good action.

this.
I think the other shows would have worked better if they didn't had to drag the plot for more than seven or eight episodes. They should have also got competent director for IF tho.

>I've not seen them myself but I've seen people liking Jessica Jones and Luke Cage quite a bit.
Cause RAAAAAAPE survivor fights villain, and all black cast of Luke Cage that nosedives after an event.

only the Punisher parts of season 2 were any good

I agree it remains the best but that doesn't necessarily mean the other seasons/shows are bad.

I do like it more then the others but I also like the other series' as well, but I'm guessing that's not what this thread is about.

This leads to another point, the crews of each show don't fucking talk to each other.

See Luke not even mentioning the whole "girl I loved who killed my wife because of a will sapping rapist who also made me his meat puppet."

It and Legion are the only excellent cape TV shows in general. That said, the other netflix shows are mostly good to very good, plus the obvious Iron Stinker.

>What happened, anons?
Jeph Loeb and no real future planning.