Why should I give somebody extra money for doing their job? I'm not their fucking employer

why should I give somebody extra money for doing their job? I'm not their fucking employer.

Because otherwise they will get pissy and sabotage your service intentionally.

Lets play spot the kike

Found him

Yep, there he is.

Fuck that graphic, people only tip waiters and bartenders. I tip 2-3 bucks at a restaurant if I'm eating alone, 1 if I'm a group. At the end of the night I throw a dollar in a tip jar at the bar wherever I end the night

All of these are stupid things to tip for, apart from waiters - and even then, you're looking at roughly 10%, not 20%

This is why I never tip if I am only going to be in a place once. It's really unfair that these entitled cunts basically extort us into giving them extra money with the unspoken rule that "if you don't tip, we spit in your food."

LOL tipping nation of KEKS.

What your boss doesnt pay you enoug so i have to chip in? How's that the free market.

Land of the free who HAVE TO TIP.

can't make this shit up

>Panhandles hungry people for tips
>Rages when somebody doesn't give tips
>And I worked so hard with that clients bussing their table (unironically what they believe)
Not a shred of grace whatsoever. Bussing isn't even considered manual labor. It's like customer service or someshit and it pays too much

This. Also, people who tip when they're picking up a takeout order are retarded.

I'm happy to throw you a few extra bucks as a thank you for excellent service, but if all you had to do was take my food from the kitchen to the counter, you're not getting shit.

> posters stingy on tips

Are all of you black?

I tip rather heavily because I have worked in the service industry myself. Bartenders and servers in my state make like 3.50 an hour... Also if you tip well you get better service, a bartender isn't gonna waste too much time with a customer whos gonna give them a quarter when they know the guy next to him is gonna give them a couple bucks.

Have any of you actually gone to a bar before..?

>No hair stylist/barber in that image

Cutting hair takes far more skill than carrying luggage, the fuck.

Most of these I would never tip. WAITRESSES however I do. Here in Wisconsin they are only paid $2.33/hour so you are expected to tip. And fuck that 10% you cheap bastards, it's 2016. I average 35% when I tip them at least, and yeah sometimes the service sucks and they get less. They still barely make a living with tips so treat these ladies kindly.

They make almost nothing without tips, cunt. It's a few bucks, have a heart

What's the tipping protocol on attending a Spiritual Cooking dinner?

Fuck this. The only time I tip is when I'm at a nicer restaurant and usually only when it's either a place I frequent or when I'm on a date. I'll also tip a bartender if they know how to make a proper old fashioned, because apparently its really fucking hard to mix some syrup, bourbon, water, bitters and to throw in a cherry and orange slice. I've never heard of anyone tipping people at a hotel or airport and that's fucking retarded.

Who the fuck tips taxi drivers and restroom attendants? I've only ever tipped waiters, bellhops, and those guys who help you with your luggage at airports.

This I understand, the most fucked up thing is the Norwegian tip culture. The waitress earnes 120-200 nok (15$-25$) /h and still wants you to tip

I have tipped a hotel concierge bro before.

>get to our hotel in Anaheim ca
>fuck yeah Disneyland
>room has a fridge for beer but fuck me i dont want to walk across 24 lanes of traffic to the gas station.
>call concierge desk
>this is user in # we just checked in, theres a 30 pack with my name on it and a 20$ with yours on it if I get it in 5 minutes or less.
>"watcha dis sir" -click
>10 seconds later concierge bro is jaywalking / froggering across LA rush hour traffic
>allofmyfuckyes.exe
>makes it, disappeared into gas station
>emerges with beer
>refroggers back with my 30 pack in his hands
>holy fuck yes
>quicker than fuck knock on the door.
>was actually impressed and delighted.

>tipping

kek

>tips fedora

>I DONT tip
You do realize tips are what keep alot of single mothers and working class women in restaraunts afloat, right? Without the tips they would be making nothing, it's fucking cruel and edgy to not pay those women just because you're a cheapskate.

im white, yet:

i never give extra money if there was no extra work. thats how it goes. you get money in exchange for your workforce.

now if you put MORE work into it, i am happy to give you MORE money.

i could care less about YOUR lifechoices. no one forces you to take that shitty paid job.

Fuck yeah

yeah, but don't you guys tax the shit out of your people? i honestly don't know if 15-25$ is or isn't alot.

If they aren't paid enough why do they do the job at all?

Never gonna tip. I do not pay for someone elses poor life choices.

You don't have to. You should, however, if they do a rather good job. Unfortunately for them, as all employees do their jobs better, what was once exemplary has now become average. Thus, in order to stand out more, they have to do even better and work even harder, further perpetuating the cycle.

This doesn't mean, however, that one should tip every waiter they see, for that will lower the quality of the work they will do by lowering incentive. However, by forgoing tips, you are reducing their quality of life in exchange for quality of labor and greater profits for the employees' place of employment.

Draw whatever conclusion you will from this.

Because it's a social norm.

As an example, you don't have to act like an autistic sperglord in public, but I'm sure you can't help it, which is what causes you to be an unemployable parasite that women wont touch with a 10 foot pole. Sure, it's optional to act like an autistic moron, but it makes you a fag.

Single mothers and working class women used to be a sad thing, so that pity sentence you just spewed used to actually make sense. Now that stuff is the norm and counts as "female empowerment" so no tips for you.

so..he did EXTRA work and you paid him EXTRA money???

wow what a strange concept

>>>>>>he doesn't know anything about tipping
heh......

whatadick.

Why should someone comeback to your table after you got your meal and drinks ifnyour notnpaying for it

That's actually pretty legit.

They should just learn to type

they shouldnt....if i want to order something after that and they dont come i make a mental note no never visit that place again, stand up, pay and leave..

what is this? why do we even discuss this trivial shit?

It incentivizes them to do a good job as a service industry employee.

They also get paid below minimum wage, so the tips are important.

>capitalism 101

so WHEN THE FUCK did the JEWS take over pol? Bunch of cheap fucks.

I mean you kind of are their employer. If you didn't use their service their job may not exist. For whatever reason in America we've decided in the service industry that the consumer should foot the bill directly for the servants.

If it wasn't like this your burger would just cost more money so the business owner could pay his servants enough.

Only after a certain level, first 50 000 nok (6100 $) is 100% taxfree. It's only after 450 000 nok (55 000$) our taxes becomes crazy.

obviously no one saw my first post...

$2.33/hr

that's what they get paid here. it's not their fault. it's literally the one LEGAL job women can do to make a living here in america.

you're a bunch of fucking jews apparently.

You autists consistently sperg out about tipping.

If you don't want to, don't do it, no need to come on Sup Forums and defend yourself from imaginary judges.

Unless your point is to slide actual threads, in which case, well done.

okay, to be fair maybe your black and not a jew. both tip for shit.

Anyone else absolutely hate dealing with restroom attendants? They are always in the most awkward like strip club bathrooms. No you broke ass negro, I don't want to give you money to turn on my water faucet. I'm just going to piss and walk out without washing my hands now

because if tips dry up they'll just increase the cost of food regardless so that wages can be paid without tips

>heh u dont fund single mothers who ruin children by the mass heh autist

>one LEGAL job women can do to make a living here in america.

haha do you believe in the patriarchy or something? what the fuck is wrong with you

Delivery driver here. We figure out really quick which addresses pay for the service and which ones don't.

For the people looking to get a free ride, we often keep their orders on the counter and wait for a second order (from a tipping customer) to finish, and then go out and deliver the second customers order before going to the first orders house.

Part of this is purely spite, true. But the other part is the company does not pay us for Gas either, and we will not use our own money to delivery someone elses food.

that tells me nothing. $20 here may or may not hold the same value there.

fuck off frenchy.

Well, they do feel the need too, since not tipping is usually attributed to Jews and Niggers.

fair enough
so after i ate my cold pizza, i will shit it out after 5 hours and never contact your place again.

sorry frenchy. what I MEANT was it is the one LEGAL job that ANY woman can do, regardless of education or background.

For example, yesterday someone ordered our Hummus appetizer, with extra bread, and a cup of water. Order came out to 9 bucks. This dude is always finicky, and he does not get his free extra shit, won't tip. When he does tip, its always 1 dollar. He lives 1.5 miles from the restaurant.

At the same time, another house ordered 4 burgers. These people DO tip, but they also live 3 miles from the restaurant.

Guess which house got their food first? Hummus dudes order sat on the counter waiting for the Burgers to finish, and then the Burgers got delivered first. From order to door, the Burgers got there in 40 minutes. Hummus dude got his order after 1 hour, and his ice water was mostly just water at that point.

wow thats sheer insanity

I only tip individuals who receive a lower than minimum wage for their job, as in waitstaff (and even there I only tip of you're not a total cunt). There is literally no reason to tip anyone else.

Frankly I hate the tip culture in the USA, it's fucking retarded. Everyone wants a goddamn tip these days...

And don't get me started on those fucking bathroom assholes. That shit is stupid and it encourages people to NOT wash their fucking hands because they don't want to deal with some asshole who is cockblocking the fucking sink and soap...

Every pizza place does the same. Eventually you'll just not have any places who will offer good delivery service to your house.

I don't tip either. If they fuck with me or my service I'll report them. Hopefully they learn their $3 isn't worth being fired over.

>Bathroom attendant

....What?

Do you still have guys that push buttons in elevators as well?

I won't tip for somebody doing their job which they get paid for. Unless I really like the food and service.

Nobody tips here anyway

>I pay more because I'm white, jews and blacks pay less

strong readings on the cuckometer

>Who the fuck tips taxi drivers and restroom attendants?

I honestly can't remember the last time I encountered a bathroom attendant, it has to be over a decade because I usually avoid hotels. But IMO they deserve a tip more than anyone on the list, having to stand there listening to guys blow up the bathroom stall all day. Although I guess after a while the sound and smell probably doesn't bother you any more.

As for taxi drivers, that's usually some deal you work out with them ("there's extra if you get me there in x amount of time") or if they help you out in some way beyond the boundaries of their basic job description (drive you from point a to point b), like if you're visiting the area giving you recommendations like a tour guide and answering questions. Or if you just like them from chatting, you antisocial fuck.

desu, I've been to plenty of countries without a tipping culture, and restaurants are the same price or cheaper in relation to the general cost of living. I can't understand how anybody who has traveled to countries without this dumb system can honestly believe that it makes more sense for you to pay the wait staff yourself, or that it somehow makes things cheaper.

Say you tip %20 on a $20 bill, you're already paying $4, about half of minimum wage depending on state, and you know there's no way you took half an hour of service. This so the employer can get away with paying them less than minimum wage, mind. If you eliminate the tipping system, the cost to the employer is rising at most, $8 an hour. But that server is (or should be) servicing a number of customers during that hour, far more than your single plate. Let's say one server is handling 16 customers; that's a net .50 cents that would have to be added to cover the cost to the owner.

In reality, the marginal cost would be even lower to the employer. Actually raising the cost of food will result in workers being paid more consistently, and customers paying less. The person that loses is the employer. Life gets more annoying for employees that make higher tips, but if you don't have the balls to demand a higher paycheck or get a new job, you don't deserve the money.

Its different in Yurop. Servers are actually paid a wage. Service sector jobs in the USA are a vestige from slavery times when restaurants used enslaved blacks to run the front of the house if they needed extra labor.

A big Mac in Norway costs 48 nok (5.8$). 20$=3.45 big mac burgers.

no frenchy, that is a well known fact here in the states. the only ones here who don't tip are jews and blacks. fact.

Japanese department stores often have these, even outside Japan. Feels pretty good, actually. They usually only run them during peak hours, so they can direct people around, decide not to stop when the car is already full, provide customer assistance and generally be cool.

FUCK OFF

>frenchy
that was uncalled for

i'm not a mcdonalds guy so that's useless as well. how many burger king burgers can i get for that?

The absolute floor for tipping a Delivery Driver in the USA is whatever the cost of a Gallon of Gas is plus 50 cents.

This is because employers do not pay for the Gas, Maintenance, or eventual replacement of the Vehicle.

If you don't do that, you are essentially robbing the driver, demanding that he/she give you their own money for the privilege of delivering dinner to you.

Then like other user said. Stop tips and put prices and wages up.

Because if you think about it. You'll be saving from all those tips

Understandable, but such is the custom and in your country, often it's big part of person's livelihood. In most countries, including mine where tipping isn't normal however and sometimes may be frowned upon as if you'd be pretentious and trying to show off that you have two more dollars to spare. Quite places have also kind of a tipping jar where you can throw some spare pocket change you have left only if you want to - no pressure, no expectation, just a practical "thank you" if you had really nice time above what absolute minimum of service and food would suggest.

i was raised by my grandfather, a man who served under Patton in WWII. a fucking war hero. because of him i know you're all (all of the EU) just a bunch of french bastards. some just more or less frenchy than others.

desu, I tip, but I don't have a problem with not tipping, especially when it is just the one-time thing. The more that happens, and the less reliable repeat customers become, the more businesses are going to implement no-tipping policies and the sooner the custom dies out.

It's a dumb system, but I don't blame the workers. On the other hand, it's not my responsibility to protect them either.

>complete garbled grammar and a few missed words.
Sorry, distracted by food. Cooked by myself, didn't tip for it. Maybe also a tiny bit of alcohol.

>Blacks and other minorities not tipping
Blacks are much smarter than you.

and if their tips don't add up to minimum wage their boss is OBLIGATED to make up the difference.

that's debatable (i guess). what isn't is the fact that blacks don't tip. fact.

so he bought a 30 pack and then you gave him 20? are you lying?

>someone willingly does something for you
>robbery

If he's providing a service and not demanding full compensation for the service he's providing, he's not entitled to ask for more compensation for somebody else. Employees are the responsibility of their employer, not the customer.

A single whopper would cost you around 54 nok (6.6$)= 3 burgers

Damn I'm getting hungry, pizza or burger for dinner

>be a bong
>going to NYC next week day after elections for 5 days
>have $700 cash plus credit cards

Burgers is that enough cash to tip people throughout my stay? Do I need to tip people if they say hello to me?

gosh, i'm still not getting it.
how about Jack in the Box? you got that over there?

I'm not going to read the thread but I can bet it boils down to asspained Merkin cucks saying

>why don't you want to give someone else money for absolutely no reason? are you poor or something?

So, you're going to pay for a cold pizza and actually eat it? That's genius.

Yup. Ameriburgers are stupid in this respect. Hate that shit. Pay them to do their job so I don't have to do math.

>I'm not going to read

Sup Forums

A $15 haircut always costs $20. south of the border you also tip gas attendants and grocery baggers

irish american here. i didn't know there were jews in ireland. or are you "black irish"?

Sorry man only burger king and McDonald's. Not even KFC is available here. But Mohammed and Sven sells kebab for a good price

I usually tip more for women, the hotter the better tip. Even when I'm with my own girl

Men I always tip less, get a better job

Is that pic accurate? I genuinely can't tell if this is all a meme or not.

Tipping culture is totally different here in the UK. Generally 10% on a meal if the service is good. No one tips bartenders often. Hotel porters get the occasional fiver but not particularly often.

I worked as a porter for a while, was great when we had the busses of Americans come to visit, they would always give you a couple of quid for taking their bags up or helping them. Really nice people too, liked them a lot more than the Europeans we got.

>that's debatable (i guess).
I have trips on my side. What do you have?

>what isn't is the fact that blacks don't tip. fact.
Most smart people don't tip unless they've been brainwashed already.

>delivery drivers not getting paid for mileage

That's a really stupid or really desperate person who does that. They deserve to not get tipped for being such a retard and taking a job like that.

no one pays the Sup Forums propaganda machine.

Why should anyone demand payment for services?

lol like i care what a leaf thinks. you're less than 3/5 of a person lmao.

At the airport at Charlotte, North Carolina, there is a bathroom attendant in literally EVERY bathroom.
Don't even try to walk to one without them.