There is now a dark analogue to the multiverse where things go bad instead of good

>There is now a dark analogue to the multiverse where things go bad instead of good
>Even though the regular multiverse isn't inherently bright, and already has some pretty dark earths, and even has a dark axis
>Also, this entire dark multiverse revolves around Batman
>And every single metahuman, regardless of their powers, gets their powers from Nth metal, paving the way for a bunch of stories where the villain's evil plan is to "steal all the Nth metal from all the superheroes' blood muahhaha"
>And the big crossover storyline to which Nth metal is central isn't even a Hawkman story, but a Batman story
>Batman's existence is necessitated by some ancient multiversial force beneath Gotham, undercutting the idea of him being just a man who created his alter-ego of his own will
>And also the overall state of each Earth is contingent on his personal possible life trajectories
>And the villain behind all of this is literally just Judge Death
>Doesn't even come across as a loving homage, like Anarky is go V. Just a straight-up ripoff.

Who thought that any of this shit was a good idea?

>Anarky is go V.
*is to

Snyder

Snyder's a moron, nothing new to see here.
>inb4 b-b-but it's supposed to be bad!!

>Also, this entire dark multiverse revolves around Batman
Nah, this event revolves around Dark Batmen, but nothing they've said indicates that the Dark Multiverse itself is just tied to Batman. They even showed a bunch of Zombie-like Superman in the third issue.

>Batman's existence is necessitated by some ancient multiversial force beneath Gotham, undercutting the idea of him being just a man who created his alter-ego of his own will
That's not really true. That part is just referencing Return of Bruce Wayne, where Bruce and a monster running after him caused those events in the first place anyway. So, he existed without them.

The event is good though
Carter and Shazam are hinted to play an important role in its conclusion

>There's an elseworlds where Superman is a nazi
>And one where he's is a communist
>And one where the entire JL is superdeformed demonic robots
Oh no.

>There is now a dark analogue to the multiverse where things go bad instead of good
Isn't that the whole point of the antimatter universe? Or is that not a thing anymore?

Did Morrison even place that on the multiverse map?

>why does this batman event revolve around batman

Gee OP I wonder why?

No the new 52's multiverse's earth 3 was not antimatter, it was just a people are more inclined to be evil then in the main universe.

Well for one, this shit isnt meant to be taken seriously to begin with. About the best conclusion possible is Adam West Batman from Earth 66 saving the day

>There is a dark analogue to the multiverse where things go bad instead of good

That's what this reality feels like.

He reminds me more of a Clive Barker villain than Judge Death

I wouldn't have minded seeing stories about a Dark Multiverse if they just did the set-up and not the whole 'invasion of the normal multiverse'. Let the readers think up possible outcomes themselves, not this whole 'omg end of the world everyone's going to die (again)' bullshit that's been done to death.

But Snyder is a fucking hack so obviously we're going to get everything chewed out for us in dumb shock horror fashion.

the difference between the main multiverse and the dark one is that the dark one is explicitly made from fears. they are what people fear could happen and are unstable unlike the normal multiverse, where no matter how dark or evil a universe is, it's stable

Is this actually a thing?
I don't read much DC, but I love Dredd and bringing in Death specifically at least sounds interesting

No it's fears AND hopes.

yeah I think the Death thing is the design

It's fine to like this event because it's not Marvel

Multiverse shenanigans is retarded in general, don't let Sup Forums fool you with their multiversity memes. It's all convoluted and poorly thought out bullshit.

Sup Forums was hyped as fuck for Secret Wars you fucking faggot. People were following Hickman's Avengers like they're following Snyder now. Shut the fuck up with your company Wars faggotry.

So it's the Warp from 40k?

>WAAAAAAH how dare people not like my precious Marvel events
Sup Forums shitted on Convergence for being dogshit. They shitted on Trinity War. Sup Forums loved Axis and Secret Wars. Quit being a braindead Marveldrone and lurk more newfag. It's Marvel's own fault for shitting out nonstop events and putting guys like Bendis and Snyder in charge.

>Sup Forums was hyped as fuck for Secret Wars you fucking faggot.

And look how that turned out.

>there is a multiverse where batman killed joker for Jason
I wonder what Tod would do next.

It's a metaphor for the dark side of DC, get it? The tendency to randomly dive into cynical, edgy stories while only focusing on Batman.

Come on now. Even the concept is just the fucking Dark Judges.

>that's what modern comic book art looks like now

>Reminder that the War of Jokes & Riddles was Riddler trying to get Joker to laugh again
>And that Batman made the Joker laugh by trying to murder Riddler for the whole thing
>Batman explicitly allowed a guys son to be murdered for this

Comics really are for children, arent they?

>mfw this is when i stopped trade waiting and started buying actual comics
>mfw i was expecting the art of finch, fabok, gerads or ivan reis
>i get the variant covers with the sweet tim sale art
>mfw i open it up and see this fucking poser art
>mfw i read the story
>mfw the kiteman issues were better
someone should lynch janin and fire tom king from batman comics.

>finch, fabok, gerads or ivan reis

I think Anti-Matter Universe only really became a stand-in for Earth-3 after COIE, when they wanted to get rid of the multiverse, so there was no longer an Earth-3. They had some leeway to bring in alternate universes every now and then, so the Anti-Matter universe is what writers used to serve the function of Earth-3.

Then the Multiverse came back, and we had both the Anti-Matter universe and Earth-3, and shit got confusing. Both had Crime Syndicates.

Then they simplified the multiverse, so Earth-3 is again the "Crime Syndicate" universe, and Anti-Matter universe is just what it originally was; that universe Sinestro went to to get his yellow ring, and also the universe of the Anti-Monitor. No Crime Syndicate there, though.

>they're saved by the hope/dream/fantasy universe
>it's just a golden, shiny thomas wayne that defeats everything
Would like it.

>Even though the regular multiverse isn't inherently bright, and already has some pretty dark earths, and even has a dark axis
Then maybe that means there's a LIGHT Multiverse

>this entire dark multiverse revolves around Batman
It doesn't we've just seen the batman universes
And even the darker worlds in the regular multiverse have done type of order and hope

>And the villain behind all of this is literally just Judge Death
Not really, the villain behind all this is still the ancient multiversial force beneath Gotham. Judge Death is just his majordomo

>and also the universe of the Anti-Monitor
And Johns then his thing with the Anti-monitor.

Warp in the same case that yeah its both positive and negative thoughts and fears.

Plus another thing about the dark multiverse is that its universes don't last long. Like they fizzle in and out of existence as they're thought of.

>Oh shit what if alfred died and I did everything I could to bring him back? What kind of monster would it make me?

Boom a universe where nano alfreds fuse with batman and he becomes a daddy issue cyborg.

I guess the other thing with the Dark Multiverse if we go meta with it, is that it is a Multiverse comprised of stories that just end, that don't have enough fuel in them to set more than one story in them perhaps. Like Earth 31 is the Frank Miller Verse, the story ended with the first Dark Knight Returns, but it got a sequel where he beats up Superman, and a sequel to that that plays around with the other characters.

Main Multiverse is the home of premises where you can set stories.

Dark Multiverse is the home of one shots and elseworlds with nice tidy conclusions that don't need continuing. The universe where Superman becomes the king of humanity and leads earth into a golden age. The universe where what if Kid Flash turned evil and killed everybody. It would end with him... well turning evil and killing everybody. Hell maybe Watchmen is a Dark Universe, it story ended with well Viedt uniting russia and america against a made up space threat as Manhattan fucked off elsewhere. It continuing in doomsday clock might be yet another dark universe where well the story kept going by way of Rorsach not being dead or being replaced. I dunno.

Actually, thinking about it. An alternate interpretation is that the Dark Multiverse is to the DC Multiverse, what the DC Multiverse is to Us.

A universe that is supplied and fed by peoples thoughts and fears, and stories they tell in their heads. Stories they hope happen, stories they hope never happen. The Dark multiverse is basically the real life hypercrisis stuff, sort of transplanted down a level. The Multiverse is a dream fueled by the source of our imagination. The Dark Multiverse is fueled by the imaginations of the residents of the multiverse.