O

O

Excuse me!
na na na na

i want her to punch me!

Didn't you make this thread 2 or 3 hours ago, and it didn't get any replies and expired?

My favorite episodes are the ones where Daria and Quinn show affection for each other. It's so rare that when it happens it's like a dessert.

Dubs and everything. Truth is truth.

Quinn is objectively the best character in the show

She certainly had the best defined character arc.

Last season got awkward and weird. It wasn't funny anymore, it was just tragic and depressing having Daria's emotional development handicap constantly on display. The moments where people do actually get through to her, she still isn't there. She's smart, but she won't ever put it to good use if she doesn't change her ways, and that's really how the show ends. Overall I love this series in some ways more than any other. I just really hate the ending.

La la la la la!

What did you think of Tom, and the whole Jane-Tom-Daria thing?
And I really liked "Boxing Daria", like how she felt blame for her parents fighting as a kid.

sometimes you cant fix people and sometimes theyre just not done growing

It was annoying because while I could believe that maybe Tom and Daria kissed during an emotional moment, it suspended my disbelief that they would ever be a couple and that Jane--after, what, 1-2 episodes and barring the occasional sarcastic remark from time to time--would ever be okay with them dating. Especially since Jane and Daria's relationship didn't drastically change once her and Tom got together, which is the only thing that would have made it realistic.

It's pretty obvious they wanted a romantic partner for Daria and couldn't think of a better way to do it.

Is Daria a good show? I've been needing something binge between Star Trek seasons.

Did you watch Is It College Yet? or are you talking exclusively about Boxing Daria? Because when Daria has the opportunity to troll everyone in her Valedictorian speech, she actually displays restraints and gives a speech that is actually heartwarming. I'd say she showed a lot of growth, even if it's a little disappointing she was never able to work things out with Tom.

Daria, As Told by Ginger, and Hey Arnold! are the holy trinity of slice of life school cartoons that will make you cry.

Look at this legit Daria smile. The rarest of Darias.

My Rubber Nen

>It's pretty obvious they wanted a romantic partner for Daria and couldn't think of a better way to do it.

These days, it'd have just been Jane, which, in retrospect would have been a lot better.

No-one could have been normal if they were raised by Daria's parents.

It would have made Daria's anti social tendencies a lot more logical and also made for interesting Drama when jane didn't reciprocate

She looks like a cat.

Exactly; just switch out the scene where she kisses Tom for Jane and make them being away from each other for that period after because of the ensuing awkwardness.

Gee, I guess that means QUINN should be the president of the Fashion Club.

Boxing Daria made me realize how much I empathized with her. I'm a middle child and have similar memories of having a hard time at school socially, and the only thing I could express at the time was how well I was doing in my classes, completely missing the point of why my parents worried about me, even the whole child psychiatry shit, parents fighting etc. etc. I feel I'm probably the reason my parents split.

It's honestly one of my favorite episodes of any show, and I've only seen it twice. I feel if I rewatch it some of that magic will disappear.

Is it bad to have a crush for Trent?

Yes.

I'd fuck Jane tbqhwyf

Is it bad I had a crush on Kevin?

i scrolled past this and it looked like they were dressed up as robin and nightwing.

The first Season and a half are fun so far. Good show.

Hey anyone remember her video game?
Daria's inferno

YES

>killing Jane and Daria's friendship for cheap lesbian faps

YOU ARE THE CANCER

this brings up a point I had about the ending--Jane's reaction to the artist woman trying to make a move on her makes me wonder what the creators were really thinking. Was she really just being harassed by that dike and it was too awkward for her to talk to Daria about it?

Or was she actually starting to question her relationship with Daria and the feelings about her? Really wish they'd had more freedom to explore that. It was complicated enough though with Tom and all that.

read it in her voice, thanks

Did you watch "Is it Fall Yet?" There's a whole summer between Seasons 4 and 5, and the movie goes shows Daria and Jane not talking to each other, getting in a fight, and then making up. It's not done perfectly but it helps a little.

Feels like that change their relationship for the worse, Jane and Daria work better as friends, for the mental wellbeing of all of them.

Plus I can see why they'd want to at least try to expand the amount of people who know and are known by Daria on an intimate level beyond Jane and maybe Trent, especially if it was someone who doesn't totally conform to her cynical/jaded viewpoints all of the time.

>Trent

Do you think he ever knew?

I remember catching a spanish dub stream of a post-season 3 episode. My god, Daria and Jane sounded like old ladies when talking about the breakup

Hey wait a minute! Isn't Daria flat chested? What the fuck is this bullshit!

tfw irl daria gf

The characters look like absolute assholes in 3DPD.

Did you even watch the series? They were fucking assholes.

At least they looked cute in 2D.

Trent wasn't an asshole. He'd have never had enough energy to be an asshole.

he had plenty of energy, he was just channeling it into his music man

Mystic Spiral

probably changing our name though

meh. you can see the tiny jealousy of daria in Jane. Wouldnt work well. They are still friends, but its still there

he looks too alert lol

Daria's not flat; she just wears super-unflattering clothes.

I think Tom and Daria work fairly well together. They like to talk about the same things, seem to enjoy being around each other, and I think, at least a little bit, Tom was rebelling against his parents by dating girls from the public school

Is there a better pic than this one?

> she knows she's a winner
> she couldn't be thinner
> now she goes to the bathroom
> and vomits up dinner

isn't it funny that they put out all this anorexia and bulimia awareness in the 90 like it was this huge health scare, but then America just kept getting fatter and fatter? Obesity = good! Skipping lunch = bad! Don't forget the food pyramid! Better keep up eating that half-loaf of bread everyday or else we'll have to get the feeding tube in you!

You are now seeing her nose as a little smile

They also had an episode where Sandi got fat, and everyone was making fun of her, so she had to exercise and lose all the weight

MY

>Cigarette
Mai Waifu doesn't smoke, bitch.

Her bones literally rattled and it was a spooky episode

This is my stop.
I have to get off.

as told by ginger is total fcking garbage rofl

It's heavily implied Trent smoked of screen, I wouldn't be surprised at all if she did to

Long sleeve Quinn or short sleeve Quinn?

Long, because I really like her character growth in the last 2 seasons/movies

dumping a few short clips, parodies here:

>those rare moments where daria sounds genuinely happy

Damn. Daria has a fat ass

God. I hate that theme song. The show is pretty good though

Is it wrong (or stupid) that I find women like Daria attractive?

I fine her hotter than quinn. Especially without the glasses.