Why is it that everyone who voices Harley that isn't Tara Strong...Does a better Job than Tara Strong...

Why is it that everyone who voices Harley that isn't Tara Strong...Does a better Job than Tara Strong, yet somehow Tara Strong always gets first dibs on Harley roles?

Same reason Hamil is Joker and Conroy is Batman

But they're actually good at Joker and Batman.

Tara's Harley is insufferable.

You're just saying that because you have a crush on her and hold contempt for that which you covet, which is embarrassing considering you're likely a grown man

Not even a little bit. I genuinely like Tara in other roles.
But her Harley voice is always so shrill and it grates on the ear.

That doesn't make any sense. Conroy and Hamil are the original(modern) voices for those characters, Strong is just a cheap knockoff of Sorkin.

Is this one of those times where yo hate something or someone just because they're popular?

One word:

Nepotism

Strong is worse than Sorkin, Sorkin had playfulness and class.

Tara Strong's Harley was basically Toot ramped up to eleven,

No. I've already established that I like Tara in other roles. I'm a fan of many of her roles.
Which is why I am unbiased in my declaration that her Harley voice is schwarbage.

Something something Canada

I'm not buying it. Her other roles aren't legacy characters, they're a character in a show until it's done and then it's over. She plays Harley many times, she get the role again and again because she's popular.

First of all she's nowhere near the worst voice for Harley. Second Harley is just in general an irritating character even more so now that they're playing her up as an anti-hero than Jokers lackey so the demeanor that was originally set to being this psycho jewish lady doesn't fit with her anymore.

Why don't they hire Sorkin? Internet says she's still alive, did they just pass over her for "someone bigger"?

She retired.

I think she's retired.

Plus Sorkin has approved of Tara Strong doing Harley.

With the way how the character is portrayed nowadays I just can't imagine her voice working for her anymore.

This. Sorkin gave Harley a very innocent demeanor that hid her psychopathic tendencies which does not work with how DC is trying to portray her with nowadays as the embodiment of strong female characters. I think part of the problem is that a lot of people still cling to the old Harley and not the new Harley though I also feel like Tara tries too hard to imitate Sorkin instead of making Harley her own. Hyden Walch gave a very good performance as Harley in Assault on Arkham that was completely different from Sorkin's performance and yes Paget Brewster was fucking terrible in Batman and Harley Quinn but I never got the impression she was trying to imitate Sorkin.

They don't suck dick as good.

this. Tiddies sell, even old ones.

She does the horse voice when she fucks her husband

I hated Walch's Harley. She sounded too much like a middle aged mom to pull off Harley's voice.
Sorkin is my favorite, but that's probably mostly nostalgia on my part.
Tara isn't bad, but she's mostly just copying Sorkin.

It's a union thing

Im glad they made Harley a ruthless villain again. Made my dick happy.

Every other Harley sounds fucking horrible. You seem to just hold a personal grudge against Tara which is why you hate her voice. If you actually grew up watching BTAS you'd realize that she was perfect for the role.

Why is you just hate Tara always the first counter-argument?

VA union, I guess.

Can't wait for the old hag to retire and let others fill in the vacuum left behind.

DSL

Tara is popular for other works so marketable so simple like that. Although her harley sounds awlful

> why isn't everything a meritocracy and can I complain about it reeeeee
fuck off back to /r9k/

maybe she didn't have a whore voice lol

> but that's probably mostly nostalgia on my part.

nope, Sorkin's voice was nice to hear though she didn't seem to have a particularly good voice she had the sound to be the doctor and the funny girl. After her every voice was annoying, DC can't find a voice that doesn't hurt your ears, It can't be so hard

Likely Telltale has the better

Of course, like if she could say something different. It's an attempt to calm down people who hate Tara's voice. And Sorkin wasn't retired when DC chose Tara for Arkham City while Paul Dini asked for Sorkin instead.

Dini said so a while ago.

Harley's supposed to be shrill and grating. You're trying to waifu someone with a NY Jew accent.

>Harley's supposed to be shrill and grating.

Not like this one

Strangely enough it was just fine in City when you go back and listen to it. Still Hyden Walch styles all over Tara.

Tara Strong knew Harley was a big role, so she made it a point to do everything in her power to cement herself as THE Harley voice actress. That's the reason she always lists her when naming off her roles and whines when any other Harley is cast.

Nah. Sorkin's Harley had the nasally accent, but it was kinda cute and endearing.

Tara just uses her Timmy Turner voice, runs it through a terrible Noo Yawk accent, and shrieks all her lines. "Shrill" is exactly the right word for it, and she's literally the only Harley VA that does it that way.

Because her two-pack-a-day habit obliterated her voice and she literally can't do it anymore.

I actually liked Paget's Harley. Granted, I was comparing it to Tara's.

Big Bang Theory Girl was MUCH worse than Tara. You cant just do a sassy secretary voice and call it a day. There has to be some level of mania to it, some level of energy.

>Does a better job than Tara Strong

Melissa Rauch.

No fucking idea, but she's so shit at Harley right now and she wasn't at the beginning.
>inb4 you just hate Tara
Nope, I like her in other roles, and I liked her when she started as Harley. Now she's somehow gotten worse, it should've been Hynden Walch who was great in AOA.

>whines when any other Harley is cast.
Prove it.

Tara Harley is garbage. I didn't mind her before, but she kept getting worse. Injustice 2 fpr example is really fucking awful for Harley's voice.

Melissa Rauch wasn't better

even though I want to fuck her more

>Why is it that everyone who voices Harley that isn't Tara Strong...Does a better Job than Tara Strong
Did you seriously think Brewster did a good job in "Batman & Harley Quinn"? If anything, her voice was more fitting for Livewire than Harley.