Is DONALD DUCK racist?

Pic relevant.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4XVRR1F1DPA
inducks.org/story.php?c=D 2002-090
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was a product of its time

I've heard 'cotton-pickin' as a phrase before, dunno if it counts as racist or not. But all of Disney was racist back in the day, it was just commonplace in society so no one saw it as wrong- it just was.

I actually like how you can find most/all of their original shorts unedited, and that they didn't change them to be more PC and instead put a big disclaimer up saying "THIS ISN'T US ANYMORE" before they play. Sort of like a glimpse into the past, for better or worse.

No, he is just a product of his upbringing and experiences on the Pacific.

no Sup Forumsmblr, not all references to cotton are race related.

>inb4 that PTSD fan comic

The comic this panel is from was made in 2002.

>West Coast and stupid Northerners assume "cotton-pickin" is racist because they can't go five minutes without getting offended over Southern idioms
>They're too stupid to understand common Southern phrases

Bless your heart, OP.

Source?

>Donald Duck was such an unhinged hardcore killing machine they sent him on a one man mission to destroy and entire enemy base

The horror... the horror!
youtube.com/watch?v=4XVRR1F1DPA

>Only slaves have picked cotton

Are whites really that lazy in America?

>It can come as as little surprise that the term 'cotton-picking' originated in the southern states of the USA, where it is usually pronounced cotton-pickin'. It began life in the late 1700s and differs from the 19th century Dixie term, 'cottonpicker', in that the latter was derogatory and racist, whereas 'cotton-picking' referred directly to the difficulty and harshness of gathering the crop. This didn't extend to the specific expression 'keep your cotton-picking hands off of me'. This no doubt alludes to the horny, calloused (and usually black) hands that picked cotton.

inducks.org/story.php?c=D 2002-090

Essentially
>cotton picking = poverty

Thanks.

yes

My black math teacher said this all the time. It's just part of southern culture, it has nothing to do with race

I read about a case where a town lost all its illegal Mexican farm laborers, and they tried to replace them with local legal employees, and they just couldnt do the work. Most of them didnt last the season.

I can't believe Goofy is fucking dead.

That's so pathetic, holy shit.

It's cute you think only black slaves pick cotton. Misinformed, childish, but cute too.

I had no idea saying cotten pickin was racist. I always heard it from cartoons thinking it was ok.

I agree

Fuck Drumpf and fuck white people

No, Washington was known to work out in the fields with his slaves.
Also mexicans used the American army to get rid of the native Americans in the west coast.

xd

Depends what you mean by pick cotton, before the cotton gin was invented the entire family, slaves included, would end the day by picking the seeds out of the cotton fabric.
But if you mean picking it in the field, then that was generally black people, although there were some exceptions in the form of debt slaves, and Irish slaves.

I feel informed now. Thank you, Sup Forums historians.

It's not racist if you hate everything.

Nobody says "cotton-pickin'" with any intent that it be derogatory towards any race. Or that it have any racial connotation whatsoever. It's not racist.

It's just a fun not-a-swear, no worse than dagnabbit.

Any moron can SAY it's racist, but they'd be wrong. Just because it SOUNDS racist to ignorant ears, doesn't make it so.

kek

With all this stuff about Donald and war someone might post that fan comic of reboot Donald having a PTSD-episode

>Okay! It's tied! Let 'er go!
>Donald let's the anchor go
I mean he did ask for it.

you are literally this fucking retarded

OH BOY I FOUND SOME OUTRAGE TO FARM
fucking kill yourself

A commonly used term that people say with no racist intentions what-so-ever?

Time for an SJW shitfit!