What does Sup Forums think of Black Panther

What does Sup Forums think of Black Panther

AYO HOL' UP.

*spaceship zooms into the frame*

*rap music starts playing*

YEEEEUHHH AYOOOO

Haven't seen it, hate the poster, this shitty composition style was garbage when the great Gatsby came out.

and we were kangs and shit
etc
etc

and the thread is done, great job everybody

A character ruined by everything that came after Priest.

And I mean everything, including Hickman.

I haven't read any Panther besides the Kirby run (which is amazing) -- I'm going to read the Priest run soon, but in the meantime -- how much does this movie look like it'll follow the Priest run/any specific run on the book?

Wait don't we have to throw around "nigger" a bunch and then post crime statistics

>all black cast

It’s hella diverse.

It’ll be good, and Sup Forums will be wrong yet again

The whole "multiple tribes ready to go to war against each other" reminds me of Priest.

Hudlin Black Panther was pretty much the biggest Power Fantasy ever published. At his highest point, he was the most handsome, most popular, smartest man in the world. At his lowest, he still was a Batman-expy in Hell's Kitchen.

>No generic wildcat roar

State enforced homosexuality

I'm getting a bit tired of every other thread being crypto/pol/ idiots shitting their nappies hard over a movie i don't have much interest in and definitely won't see.

I think I want to see the Japanese poster.

Two white people just in the trailer.

I think we're not going to talk about it here unless we get about a thousand more mods and janitors than we currently have.

>four 4s
It must be true

finally

Holy shit that poster is fucking awful

So far, what I mainly think is that during its release period posting KANGZ, WUZ, or any kind of Sup Forums infographic should be a permabannable offense, because that's the only way there'll be any civil conversation on the board.

I have a group of friends who include mulattoes that go to see every comic book movie the night of the premiere, and I'm trying to come up with an excuse for why I won't see this movie even after I agreed to go see shit like Suicide Squad, without being called racist.

Then that makes less diversity on the board
You're not against diversity are you ?

Why don't you want to see it?

Because niggers user, because niggers.

I don't care about diversity at all. I want to be able to talk about shit without threads being swamped with duplicates the same two or three shitposts.

'Cause niggers

Sage
Nah he's probably just a DChump who's "tired of the marvel formula that doesn't exist"

I am in a constant state of disappointment about the lack of ape for M'Baku the Man

I don't know why you wouldn't want to go hang out with your friends, especially when you were willing to go to shit like Suicide Squad despite the trailers giving off huge red flags, but just tell em' you don't feel like going.

The costume design looks to be a mixed bag. All the tribal stuff looks cool but the futuristic military ones look retarded ass fuck.

the poster looks like the Great Gatsby

>Sup Forums used to be good in the past, why is it so bad now

It's got a different look to it than other Marvel movies. Lots of style and it feels like they let the Director actually have ideas a bit. I know nothing about the character but I'm looking forward to it.

you don't have a leg to stand on if you saw skwad but wont see this

>he denies the existence of the marvel formula

D E S I G N A T E D

the marvel formula exists, it's just called the blockbuster formula that a shit ton of other movies have used before the MCU was even a thing

>another generic as fuck poster with every characters head on it
>will be filled with quips
>made for the we wuz kangz audience

this isn't worth my time or my money so i don't care, only i am caring now because i'm making this post, but that's because i want (you)'s

>that Sup Forums traffic in Kenya
What the fuck?

That's someones fetish and we both know it.

When did Emperor of the Sun release a new album?

Nigger there's literally two whiteys in OP's poster, you're fucking retarded.

>Sup Forums is full of losers who hate themselves
>surprised Sup Forums is made up of indians and blacks
cmon man

Don't forget, Hudlin's BP had all the best black stuff, just because they were black. Storm got demoted from leading X-woman to T'Challa's arm candy, because she's the most famous black chick in comics, and he even had the Ebony Blade, because it's black so why not.

Hudlin a complete shit. I am not looking forward to the new Milestone relaunches purely because he's going to be involved in so many of them.

I think a lot of the sci-fi futuristic stuff looks pretty bad in general, but that's probably just because it's unfinished CGI for the trailers.

>he even had the Ebony Blade
lmao

>a movie i don't have much interest in and definitely won't see.
When this movie flops prepare for our entire culture to be brigaded with the biggest "You didn't see it you're racist You didn't love it you're racist You don't think it's Oscar worthy you're racist" ever in history.

Like holy shit there are going to be elderly people with dementia who barely comprehend the news who will think that another Rodney King or Mike Brown incident happened, or that Wakanda is a real place and Trump bombed it or something. The manufactured outcry and guilt trip is going to be so bad. Prepare for all the "think pieces" about why it flopped. No matter what they're going to blame Marvel and Disney too for some reason.

Ayo hol up!
Nahhhhhh, you got it!
Its going to be Inhumans bad. Count on it.

Looks cool.
I had one grippe with the trailer which was that they used african american music for it instead of just using an electro-African tune.
I really liked the remix of Heron's "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised" but I'd have liked the trailer more if it was JUST that, without the rapping. Even using any american song is pushing it since it's trying to sell us on Wakanda being this insular hyper-advanced civilization but using rap music or African American music sounds like it's trying to pander a bit.

The super special handshake was also pushing it a little.

On the whole, looks good. It'll at least have some solid action scenes it looks like, looks pretty kinematic

>t. someone who doesn't understand why diversity is pushed
Diversity of opinion is revealing of your character, for which you can be judged.
So if we can find out how make dickheads are on the board and get rid of them, all the better.

Why didn't we listen?

Did the trailer thread get deleted by mods? Is this whats going to happen now and forever?

Pol and tv shiting up Sup Forums threads for the black panther movie to the point we will never have any discussion?

Is there any other comic hub I can discuss that isnt this shit? Both Reddit and Cbr are circlejerking so hard over this.

>don't have much interest in and definitely won't see.

They know they want to see it.

He's going to be the villain in the sequel, right? Because I want my big, dumb, gorilla themed super suit

This is a shit ton of hyperbole

Doesn’t show black people directly

>Storm marries T'Challa because they're both black.
>T'Challa get's the Ebony Blade because it's black.

Why is Hudlin so racist?

disappointed/10 because no white wolf

So...

this is the feeling?

this version looks great

They used rap because they know what demographic theyre targeting and it pisses me off

T. Black guy who was already on the fence about this movie

You must get pissed off about a lot of trailers/commercials then.

He looks fly

>movie set in Africa
>people are surprised for some reason that most of the characters are black
>these are the exact same people that bitch and complain whenever there's any black people included in anything

What is that? Wood, elephant tusk? Either way, I agree the aesthetics and costume design is really cool.

He calls people mulattoes. Figure it out.

I hate rap in general as well as most tv so I am sadly lmao

it's gonna be another mediocre marvel film except some critics are going to lie and say it's the best like they did with wonder woman because the super rich, super smart, super attractive guy in the suit is black this time

i think i read somewhere they didnt want it to come off as racist because you know the whole black people looking like apes thing but if its comic accurate then i dont see an issue. i mean his name is man ape

>only black people listen to rap

are we in the 80s still or what?

I think he's been ruined beyond repair due to the bullshit Hudlin put his character and lore through in the early 2000's. Thus I ain't touching this movie with a 50 ft. pole.
Luke Cage was always a better written character, anyway.

that would explain why this is one of the only boards i can tolerate anymore. you guys never changed

as if, this place got worse.thanks to moviefats invoking company wars, redwood being given any sort of moderation privileges, and politics still being brought up by the dregs of both sides of the Burgerstan spectrum.

Oldfag here. Caucasian as well. I first read of Black Panther as a young kid back in the 70's in issues of Avengers. I thought he was okay, but nothing special. In my kid's mind, I saw him as being a lot like Cap but without a shield or anything great. He was given a terse amount of dialogue and honestly not much plot material involving his character.
Falcon, on the other hand, I liked a lot. He was a friend and partner of Captain America, could fly, had bird telepathy with a single bird (seriously, even as a kid I WTF'd at that), but literally had nothing else. And he'd go up against enemies like Wrecking Crew or Serpent Society and be better than just 'useful' in a fight.

Much later in the 80's and 90's, I cared less for Black Panther as he just felt like a Batman rip-off of some kind but without the cool gadgets or again, anything special about him. His being a monarch of a country was about as important as Doctor Doom ruling Latveria, or Namor being King of Atlantis. It just never factored into stories much or gave the character much relevance to the individual comic issue plots.

Now that we're into the movies? He's kind of a neat character but I don't feel compelled to rush out and buy a movie ticket - the same feeling I had for Ant-man & Doctor Strange. So that's my 2 cents.

all those indians calling themselves poo in loos

You are a good man, with a good heart--and it is hard for a good man to be a King

I don't know a lot about Black Panther but I like that line more than any other within these new Marvel movies.

Thats true. I caught some white dude in this nice car blasting trap music for some reason. Ill never undersrand it

You guys seem to attack peoplr who do that shit here though. The other boards just,play along. Its annoying as fuck and I cant enjoy specific boards because of it.
I mean nigger posting is a staple of rchan but they took it way to fucking far

I do hate that they are keeping with this rap motif. I liked RTJ for the first trailer but this one was pretty unfitting

Most Diverse movie of 2017

This post has been up for a few hours and no one noticed the Easter egg in the movie poster...

>Marvel Studios movie
>Flopping

This movie looks Priest inspired though. The movie guys know what's up recently.

GOTG movies ignored Bendis shit, Deadpool ignored Way shit & it looks like BP is ignoring Hudlin/Coates shit.

It's set in Africa.Ofcourse the cast is gonna be comprised of negers.

A wakandan mech suit that looks super kirby would be kickass

I just don't see why co can't have heavy moderation banning clear shitposts. Things would be so better then. But no I get banned for reporting people posting about Kangz and shit.

Ten years ago I would watch it.
Nowadays? Fuck it

>trailers with no quips
>everyone just posting WE WUZ

This feels like monkey's paw. Movie is literally impossible to discuss.

>the way that Sup Forums and Sup Forums intersect
Really activates your almonds.

Lol and I wish shit posting about BvS was a permaban but here we are you mouse shill.

Go discuss this on reddit if you feel so soft

I liked the trailer.
I liked the music.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Chinese poster

Because you're a fucking faggot. The entire internet is heavily moderated. Don't reply to posts you don't like. Stop being such a fucking whiny little bitch. These fucking movies are hardly Sup Forums anymore I'd rather ban movie discussions to Sup Forums than let you faggot shills sanitize this place.

>Avatar set in chinese fantasy: Everyone is white.

It's like the niggas don't think asians are human, famsquad.

Found the Kangz poster

Actually haven't said it once. Not one of my favorite memes honestly. Nor is the constant anti Semitic shit. I'm just not an insufferable cunt about posts on one of the only low-moderation sites on the fucking net.

"MARTHA" legitimately gets on my nerves more than ((())) and kangz.

Sup Forums were the kangz all along.

>What does Sup Forums think of Black Panther

I think it's going to be exactly the same quality as every other Marvel film. "Eh, it's okay I guess." They're going to play it completely safe and take little to no risks on the story front.
I think it's going to make less money than any other MCU film.
I think we're going to suffer several weeks of thread after thread of some faggot OPs posting screenshots of articles titled things like "Black Panther's low box office shows that America is just as racist as ever" and "Black Panther's problematic box office numbers, and why this President Trump tweet is to blame."

I think this movie will never get the chance to stand on it's own two feet, because it came ten years too late, or ten years too earlier, to be seen as anything but diversity pandering from two sides of a very obnoxious coin, despite the fact T'Challa genuinely does deserve his own movie.

Word of mouth will spread quickly on this one.

Just suck it up. They are your friends and I think even a bad movie can be fun. If not buy beers and get drunk.

Easy.

>"I'm sick of comic book movies."
Of course, you won't be able to see any comic book movies with them in the future.

>Marvel

Gonna be another carbon copy + highly praised by critics cause >muh black capedhero. Looks like this one doesnt have that much humor in it.