Transgenders aren't mentally ill

I used to think transgenders are mentally ill before I started college, and my professor explained to me exactly what transgenderism is.

Transgender people know they are biologically one sex, but their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.

A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

If you're a male who prefers the latter, your mind doesn't match society's definition of what a male should be like. Hence, you may choose to identify as transgender.

That's basically it. It's definitely not a mental illness.

You conservatives need to accept 21st century knowledge if you don't want to be seen as an idiot.

>biologically male
>mind feels like female
>not a mental illness
Really fires up the neurons

I already addressed that issue.

You have the reading comprehension of a 5-year-old.

What your professor described IS a mental illness.

What the fuck is he a professor of? He should KNOW if a person can't choose, that's what makes it a mental-fucking-illness.

>dont conform to gender stereotypes
>wow I guess I better lop off my dick
not a mental illness guys :)

>muh social constructs
Im sorry to tell you user, your retarded

I was swimming your post but I didn't see the part about cutting your dick off so maybe you could elaborate further on how cutting off your body parts because of how you feel mentally isn't a disorder.

first reply = best reply.

Nice pasta faggot

I don't watch sports or drink beer, baking is for faggots and shopping should be done online

OH MY GAWD I'M AGENDER, WHICH BATHROOM DO I USE!?

Bait thread/copypasta, but please keep posting. We need to hit 1000000000

>when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

A human being is entirely physical. Even things that seem metaphysical, like thoughts, arise from physical interaction and processes.

Men and women think differently because of the physical structure of their brains. If a male has a brain with a structure that makes him feel female, then that means there is something wrong with his brain structure, in the same way that someone with schizophrenia feels extremely paranoid because of his flawed brain structure.

Hence, it's a mental illness

>be a male
>feel like a pussy
>cut dick off and get breast implants
I just think theyre fucking stupid

rly makes u think.......................

>TG is the mind is one and the body is another
>TG is desires in conflict with reality
>TG is just when the mind is not in sync with reality
>guys not a mental illness

you can try cutting it any way you like to make it fit the hole you want to fill but that dont change what it is.

you can press a turd into the shape of a snowflake, but that don't make it any less a turd.

Gender is sex.

Sex is gender.

There are two sexes, that is , male and female.

You are born one or the other.

You cannot transition between the two.

Denying reality is a mental illness.

It's time to go home.

Actually, if you're christian then transgenderism is not a mental illness because it explained by mind/body duality.

>their mind more closely matches the other sex's mind when based on social constructs of what a male or female mind should be like.

And how do you know this? What would prove this proposition wrong?

An organism is ill when it is not capable of performing its proper biological function. "Transgenders" are so incapable of performing their proper biological function that they seek to perform someone else's. Hence, they are ill.

I think my mindsetting is more reminding of a typical "woman" rather than a typical "man".
Yet I don't start thinking I'm transgender.
Aka: I'm just a more emotional man. That's it.
No genderfuckery at all.

The problem is to think that some things are exclusive to genders in the first place and your need to express yourself in one gender or the other. When we ask whether you're male or female we ask for your fucking sex not how you'd describe yourself as a person.

If their argument is that having just two genders is sexist, then having more than just genders is just as sexist.

Now piss off.

>If you're Christian then nothing can be a mental illness lol

Here's an idea:

Maybe the principle that men and women of a society ought to dress, or eat, or think a certain way is mental illness.

Maybe the idea of 2 genders is too many. Maybe there are NO genders. There is biological sex, occasionally biological hermaphroditism and various mutations.

And then what a person thinks is completely up to them.

Just a theory anyways.

>For example, a stereotypical American male likes to watch football on Saturday nights while drinking beer.
>A typical female may prefer to bake a cake or go shopping at the mall.

those things don't make you male or female you moron. penis or vagina its very simple.

id rather bake a cake than watch football.WTF im transgenderd now?!!!

>GUYS THERE'S NOT ONLY 2 GENDERS
>GUYS GENDER DOESN'T MATTER IT'S A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT
>GUYS CLOTHING HAS NO GENDER, GIRLS CAN HAVE PENISES TOO

>brb I'm going to start wearing clothing of the opposing gender and cut my dick off even though none of this matters or exists

And that's why transsexuality is stupid at it's root. If your ideals truly consisted of the idea that gender is not only flexible but also irrelevant you wouldn't have 23958739486 trannies wearing clothes of the opposing (meaning one of two) gender as to appear female.
You can do girly things and still look like a man. But you desperately want to be the opposite gender (meaning, the other part of two) and you clearly state it as being either feminine or masculine.

Gender dissociation is a mental disorder.

Regardless, what happened to just being a faggot? We need a more powerful word for this level of faggotry.

>you'd rather bake a cake or go shopping
>you'd rather watch muscled men in spandex slam and grunt and pile onto each other for hours

which one is more gay?
haha
my question has trapped you

i think transgender shit is basically just a severe obsession with gender. sex is a big thing but relative to what it is to be human it is only a small aspect of who we are.

What i mean is that gender is a microscopic part of what we truly are and some people's minds blow it up to be the central theme of thier lives. There is more to life then your penis or vagina.

This x1000

OP has point for a minority of trans. Most will try to embrace the opposite socially constructed gender instead of choosing their own path or just not caring. Definitely a mental illness.

>I don't like drinking beer so I should cut my dick off
>not a mental illness

faggot

Traps are fucking traps. Their degeneracy, regardless of the cause, should not be allowed to propagate and be normalized. It's hard enough dealing with faggot shit being propagated to the masses all day. I'm not going to sit idly by until one day I wake up and my kids are watching degenerate fucking trannies playing the leading rolls in the Saturday morning kid's shows. Fuck traps, and fuck you OP. You filthy faggot.

I'm so sorry, but you will be gassed during the reckoning as well.

> someone mutilates his most sensitive parts of his body (genitals)
>still not mentally ill