Did you know slamming doors is domestic violence?

Did you know slamming doors is domestic violence?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma
google.com/search?q=define norm&oq=define norm&aqs=chrome..69i57.895j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
batteredmen.com/NISVS.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not being a 100% cucked numale is domestic violence, maybe even rape

I really dislike Facebook lawyers.

>be meet
>mummy asks me to do dishes
>forget to do dishes
>mummy smashes all dishes in the house
what did mummy mean by this?

>inflict violence on domicile
>domestic violence

okay, fine. But you're just creating a "boy who cried wolf" scenario for yourselves. Nobody is going to give a fuck about domestic violence if there's an unending stream of people bursting into treats over a door impacting it's frame at a higher than normal velocity

And yes, we are signalling that we could easily fucking drop you like a rock but choose not to out of love and respect despite whatever dumb fucking shit you did to make us so damn mad. It's a reminder that if we were a mere century earlier in time, you'd likely not have the freedom to fuck up let alone get away with it unscathed.

She has a point

I don't see a good reason to give a big scary label like Domestic Violence(!!!), but if you had a daughter and she told you her boyfriend was behaving like that, would you not advise her to GTFO?

Goddamn, Canadians are pussies

Everything is the man's fault women never do anything wrong.

mental abuse only affects women.

>bursting into treats
Now this I'd like to see.

Women are far more likely to slam doors and throw shit than men, though? Hell, woman are by far the primary initiators of domestic violence according to all statistics on the subject. Lesbian couples have the highest rates of domestic violence of any group.

slamming doors is getting aggression out so i don't hit someone. what the fuck am i supposed to do? if i'm gonna get charged with domestic violence either way, might as well go full retard

Do you stomp around like a big baby when you argue with your girlfriend?

Smash a plate, punch some drywall?

Why would you defend that kind of behaviour? A real man has control over his emotions.

hey i have a question Sup Forums
if a man is slamming doors and shit etc in a domestic dispute or hes slaming shit for some other reason, what should the woman do? is it better to ignore the guy?

lol everyone displays outwards signs of physical aggression unless they are unbelievable betas. ive even fucked up a steering wheel because of my road rage.

thats a good gold standard leaf
from here on out before you edgy Sup Forumsacks talk about how women should be subservient imagine your daughters boyfriend doing that to her, then you can be sure if its something you should be doing

Looks like I was severely domestically abused by my mother then.
Or does it not count if a woman slams a door, because shes fighting against the door patriarchy?

Dear women, men are violent creatures, we just are. Its what enabled our species to reach the point its at, the reason you have screaming at threats hardwired into your brain is that you're screaming for violent men to come and protect you from threats.

If you've angered your man enough that he becomes violent and he is able to direct that violence away from you and instead at inanimate objects, that man is a keeper.

You think the numale who never gets angry wont hit you? He just hasnt got angry *yet*. Better to take the guy who does get angry and knows how to redirect it.

>you should be a total emotionless robot at all times come hell or high water

>people should be able to break and damage things because they have emotions

oh good, the two extremes are here to duke it out over which of their equally infantile worldviews are correct
kill me

The woman should stop making her man mad all the time.

She knows if the man gets mad for no reason, in which case she should gtfo, or if she just prods and prods him because she's a bitch, in which case she should stop being a bitch.

>Do you stomp around like a big baby

He's American, what do you think?

>lesbian couples have the highest rates of DV
>followed by heterosexual couples
>gay couples have the lowest rates of DV

hmm really makes you think. there seems to be a common thread here.

I've literally never in my 30 years of life have ever heard a guy slam a door. Every single time I can think of it was a chick, normally bleeding from her vag, so I guess that's a domestic violence case against God?

Women slam shit all the time

>Get in argument with wife
>Go in to garage to hit the punching bag and calm down
>Get arrested for domestic violence

She's quite an angry woman. Poor stupid bitch mummy

Depending on the state, yelling could be domestic violence. Breaking your own things, in your house can be domestic violence. Hanging up a phone, if someone else is on it, can be domestic violence.
My friend and his wife got into an argument. She threw her phone at him, he removed the battery and went for a walk to cool down. Cops were waiting and took him to jail for domestic, when he returned home.

Even leaving, instead of fighting, can get you arrested.

What about sex, retard

And people wonder why men don't care to get married anymore.

>Women in the past
Emotionally supportive
>Women today
Emotionally abusive

The difference is that if she is abusing you emotionally, any action you take because of this lands you in trouble with the LAW - while her actions can go completely unpunished.

There are a grand total of 0 things you can do (besides leave) if you are a man being emotionally abused.

And women wonder why more and more men have given up on relationships.

STOP WASTING TIME FIGHTING LITTLE GIRLS ON TUMBLR
START DIGGING THROUGH THE EMAILS TO NAIL THE LITTLE GIRL FUCKERS

help helpimgs frg

Yes. Study the law sometime, buckwheat

In cali breaking your own property in the middle of an argument is illegal and counts as DA

faggots can't be couples. makes sense.

Ok, say hi to your daughter's boyfriend Tyreek for me. I'm sure his door-slamming doesn't indicate problems down the line. If you say anything you're a pussy.

It's all the hormones in the female brain.
Women can't put their emotions on hold and say, "Wait, is this really worth a tantrum?". They go straight for the verbal jugular.

Cursing at a Police Officer is considered Assualting a Police Officer = Jail. Lol.

no? having testosterone and being young and full of emotion isn't a crime. if he was the kind of guy who didn't fix what he broke, or didn't grow up after a few years, then yes?

being a human being isn't a crime. trapping people into ridiculously unemotional behaviors is sad.

what if it's a one time thing
does she just leave him alone and give him space of apologize and get submissive with lots of "bbys ill never do it again"

To clarify, slamming a door as they LEAVE I can deal with. That's no big deal. A detail like that would get lost in the larger picture of why they're arguing, what kind of relationship they have, etc

But slamming doors is only one of the examples given in op's image.

Punching the walls during an argument is a red flag no matter how old they are, especially if he's all up near her and punching the walls near her head

Say someone calls the cops and when they get there the guy is Mr Innocent, "What I do? What I do? It's MY wall, I can punch it if I like!"

How do you feel about that? He a good guy for your daughter?

>How do you feel about that? He a good guy for your daughter?

Is my daughter a good girl for him?

Ofc women can never do anything wrong. Emotional abuse isn't real.

Men are always at fault and ass-whoopings just fall out of the sky.

in that case, no, i think he's a piece of shit.

Should emotional abuse be countered with physical intimidation?

Or if your girlfriend is emotionally abusing you should you dump her and find a new gf?

>Or if your girlfriend is emotionally abusing you should you dump her and find a new gf?

Exactly. Which is why more people are single before in human history.

Many men would rather be single than have to deal with emotional abuse that they cannot control. Any attempt to control emotional abuse ends with the man in jail, or single.

Better to be single.

A friend of mine had his dog taken and out to sleep because barking (during the day) is an attack on people afraid of dogs.

this is such hyperbolic nonsense. there are many people who grow and mature together through years of their relationships. the concept of "abuse" is taken to extremes by people who are bitter about their own failings and lack of tolerance in relationships.

there are many behaviors that can be considered abusive or intimidating that can be worked on over time. there are many people who are subject to their biologies and behavioral heritage who are great people, and who work throughout their entire lives to become better people. their rough edges are sanded down through their relationships and their desires to maintain those relationships.

the people who run from relationships at the first "red flag" are the people who grow into their 30s without having anybody to check/push back against their own bad behaviors, and so they stagnate behaviorally and become undesirable.

of course there are many irredeemably abusive/hurtful people of both sexes who should not be accepted as partners, but this concept of leaving somebody the first time they shout or demean you or show some physical emotion only serves to cheapen the real abuse that happens in the world.

people can learn and grow a lot by sticking with somebody through the good and bad times, through the easy and hard. ask anybody who has been in a relationship for decades and they will say as much.

people who disagree are naive and delusional. it's a wonderful thing to strive for greatness, but believing that some inherent purity or greatness being a mandatory requirement for another human being is nonsense.

I'd imagine that on some level most gay men still retain some of their masculinity and simply walk out of relationships if they hate the other party.

Steering wheels are quite sturdy. Your autism filled child like rage over someone in another car is pathetic as fuck.

I assume you're a girl (I may be wrong) I assume if it's frequently happening you both have problems (assuming you're asking for yourself) if he hurts your feelings and says shut up, do it instead of escalating and arguing further. If he'll get mad at you for ignoring him the only way to deescalste is explosion or to find a personal solution.

>all of this bullshit

>but this concept of leaving somebody the first time they shout or demean you or show some physical emotion only serves to cheapen the real abuse that happens in the world.

What can a man do who is being continually abused emotionally?

I already know the answer: continue being abused or leave.

There is no balance. The law protects women's wants and needs - there is nothing protecting a man's wants and needs.

Sure, you might have an amazing year-long relationship with a girl, what's stopping her from abusing you emotionally? Nothing. There is nothing from preventing her from abusing you.

Relationships are supposed to be a balance of power. Give and take. Compromise.

When the law protects women's wants and needs, but not men's - you don't get balance. You get a one-sided relationship, where you can be abused and can't do anything about it.

Read up on incrementalization.

Emotional abuse doesn't just fall out of the sky. It happens slowly, constantly building on itself.

Like I said - relationships are supposed to be a balance of power. When the law prevents balance due to one-sided consequences - having a healthy balanced relationship becomes very difficult.

Women aren't stupid they know they can get away with anything, and give up nothing. This is not how relationships work.

underrated

Did you know that calling your ex wife out for being a bitch is domestic violence? Hell, according to the VAWA laws, using logic in an argument against a woman is considered a violent act against a woman if you are a man. Our system is fucked. I know because I have the unfortunate pleasure of living in the hell that is the family court....

Sounds like mummy felt fussy and just needed some nummy cummy in her mummy tummy from her hubby

My favorite term the women have cooked up is "emotionally abusive". What it means is "not being nice enough every waking second of my life". Literally disagreeing with a woman can be emotional abuse. Any man who gets married in 2016 is playing with fire.

>Be a complete fucking whore
>Cause your man so much frustration that he has to find outlet in slamming around inanimate objects
>WOW LITERALLY ABUSE WHY ARE YOU EVEN ANGRY??????????????

TRUTH!

#MGTOW

What a bunch of cunts. Better to take your anger out on objects than people. It's called natural frustration and destruction therapy. Sometimes it's incredibly therapeutic to break things to relieve stress. Fuck those posters

Straight women can't even get along with each other.

he can analyze the problem and determine whether or not it can be solved? there are plenty of options available for people who are willing to change their behaviors.

your false dichotomy is totally useless in this conversation. there are many other options to "continue being abused or leave".

what does having something preventing somebody from abusing somebody mean?

can you please point to me where this universal decree of what relationships are "supposed" to be is written?

what does the law protecting women more than men (what does this even mean?) have to do with my assertion that developing and maintaining relationships between human beings require work and tolerance?

just because you can imagine some extreme relationship where the law enforces and promotes a woman abusing a man who is stuck in the relationship does not mean that it is some normal experience.

Man could simply be mad at somethign that is completely unrelated to the people around him, but noo, ignorant faggots always have to make everything about themselves.

It isn't intimidation. It's the release of emotion on an inanimate object.

relationships aren't "supposed" to be a balance of power. they are balances of power. if a man is in a relationship in which the benefits of the relationship outweigh the detriments of abuse, and that man analyzes the relationship and finds no solution that would inhibit those detriments, then ending the relationship is a good idea.

women aren't stupid. they use the tools available to them to get what they want. so what? they're predictable that way. that's actually kind of stupid. it's stupid people like you, who bitch and moan about such behaviors, that don't take advantage of them.

>included in the legal definition

Really? Can anyone link a genuine statute that says slamming doors and being a douche is covered under "domestic abuse" generally?

>burst into treats
I've missed this so much

Did you know that if you have a domestic violence charge you can not own firearms?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_Violence_Offender_Gun_Ban

"the Lautenburg act" was passed during the Clinton administration. As the subject in the OP pic states text messages, raising your voice, etc are all arrestable and chargeable as domestic violence if you co-habitate

>he can analyze the problem and determine whether or not it can be solved?

I'm not asking about thought-processes I'm asking about actual solutions:

What can a man who is being continually emotionally abused do, besides leave?

People don't "try to make things work" because as a man, there IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO, that won't land you in jail. There is one rational solution and that is to leave the relationship.

>there are many other options to "continue being abused or leave".

You conveniently didn't name any. Name one.

>what does the law protecting women more than men (what does this even mean?) have to do with my assertion that developing and maintaining relationships between human beings require work and tolerance?

If the cops are called, the physically bigger person (male) goes to jail.

No fault divorce no longer exists. What do you do if your woman is cheating on you? Beat her up? Go to jail. Beat up her lover? Go to jail. Divorce her and let her take away everything you've worked for? That's not a good deal for you.

>just because you can imagine some extreme relationship where the law enforces and promotes a woman abusing a man who is stuck in the relationship does not mean that it is some normal experience.

You're right - as of 2016 - men are not getting married. That's a normal experience now, to not get involved in bad deals that do not allow for compromise, and disfavor you in every way.

I can speak from experience. Had a friend arrested for DV for a text message to his ex during their divorce.

>women aren't stupid. they use the tools available to them to get what they want. so what? they're predictable that way. that's actually kind of stupid. it's stupid people like you, who bitch and moan about such behaviors, that don't take advantage of them.

So what 'advantage' should I take if my wife is cheating/spending all of my money/being a bitch?

Anything?

You guys love to talk "other solutions" without naming any. Very suspicious.

Was that in violation of a TRO or something?

you mean doormestic violence?
LMAO

Don't you get it? Women abuse men just as much as men abuse women. You don't hear about it because men are told to just live with it and get over it. It is not that simple.

I have been there and experienced it with my ex wife. But, because I decided to leave her because enough was enough, I was turned into the bad guy in the family courts, regardless of the medical reports and other evidence I presented. She could lie about everything and get what she wanted. I was told by the judge that what I had to say didn't matter. I had my life threatened, my daughter kidnapped, I was beaten and bruised, and she evaded the county sheriff for over a week. None of that mattered. I worked to pay for the house and everything else, and after doing my long hours, I had to go get my daughter from the bar when my ex went out drinking. And I was still the bad guy because I dared to leave her. What the fuck are men in my position supposed to do?

Despite this, I never got violent about it. I still haven't gotten violent about it. But, I will not let anyone tell me that this is not the normal scenario. It is the normal scenario, and the sooner people get this through their heads, the sooner the issue can be corrected and real justice and equality can be restored. I am sick of being a second class citizen simply for getting away from an abusive bitch.

>can you please point to me where this universal decree of what relationships are "supposed" to be is written?

Every human relationship is a compromise. You get something in return for something else that you provide.

It's a balance of power. You're not friends with someone who always comes crying to you when they have a problem - but when you have a problem they're no where to be found.

You stop making time for that person, because they don't make time for you.

If there is no give-take, and only take, that's not a relationship that's a parasite.

No. He threatened to kick her out of the house she was living in that she paid for. She had it construed that she was fearful and that it was harrassment. Friend was saying he had to go to some anger management classes and other people were there for ridiculous shit with DV charges. He said one guy broke his own car window and was charged with DV along with criminal mischief.

The big stink was a scare campaign happened framing men as killers of women and so they ratcheted up what constitutes DV to make it easier for women to leave abusive situations. They marketed it as basically men with DV past getting out and killing their spouses which lead to stuff like the Lautenburg act. That act was upheld this year by the supreme court unfortunately.

you're asking about actual solutions to a hypothetical problem?

he can convince his partner to try cognitive therapy? he can yell at her and punch a wall so she'll be frightened into stopping? he can calmly and stoically confront her abuse until she realizes it's not working?

>because as a man, there IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO, that won't land you in jail.

you can do all kinds of things that won't land you in jail. as a man, i am typing this response right now and it is not landing me in jail.

>You conveniently didn't name any. Name one.

i didn't "conveniently" not name any. you're being dense: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

> If the cops are called, the physically bigger person (male) goes to jail.

this is delusional nonsense.

> No fault divorce no longer exists. What do you do if your woman is cheating on you? Beat her up? Go to jail. Beat up her lover? Go to jail. Divorce her and let her take away everything you've worked for? That's not a good deal for you.

delusional nonsense.

> You're right - as of 2016 - men are not getting married. That's a normal experience now, to not get involved in bad deals that do not allow for compromise, and disfavor you in every way.

men are getting married every day. you're delusional.

>Don't you get it? Women abuse men just as much as men abuse women. You don't hear about it because men are told to just live with it and get over it. It is not that simple.

where have i said that women don't abuse men, idiot? i don't care about the rest of your self-congratulatory masturbatory bullshit.

i was abused by my mother a physically and emotionally

she would slam doors a lot to intimidate me and would stomp around the house

it makes me have ptsd breakdowns when i hear that shit happening irl, but i dont think it can really be counted as domestic abuse unless its accompanied

>men are getting married every day. you're delusional.

Only the stupid ones.

Again you haven't provided even a single example of the plethora of 'solutions' you claim exist.

Give me an example or you're full of shit.

>Every human relationship is a compromise. You get something in return for something else that you provide.

no, not every human relationship is a compromise.

>It's a balance of power. You're not friends with someone who always comes crying to you when they have a problem - but when you have a problem they're no where to be found.

don't tell me what i am or am not. there are plenty of people in relationships that aren't reciprocal. you said so in your past posts.

>You stop making time for that person, because they don't make time for you.

again you are telling me what i do. stop doing that.

>If there is no give-take, and only take, that's not a relationship that's a parasite.

that's a relationship. maybe what you mean is that it's not your personal ideal idea of a relationship?

>Just because you can imagine some extreme relationship where the law enforces and promotes a woman abusing a man who is stuck in the relationship does not mean that it is some normal experience.

I am saying that this is the normal experience, idiot.

>no, not every human relationship is a compromise.

Yes it is.

>there are plenty of people in relationships that aren't reciprocal. you said so in your past posts.

There are? Lol

>that's a relationship. maybe what you mean is that it's not your personal ideal idea of a relationship?

A parasitic relationship is still a relationship I guess, what's your point? It's still not ideal.

>Only the stupid ones.

nonsense.

>Again you haven't provided even a single example of the plethora of 'solutions' you claim exist.

i have offered many possible solutions. learn to read.

>Give me an example or you're full of shit.

in the spirit of argument, i've given multiple examples, even though the burden of proof is yours, as you're the idiot who made the initial idiotic claims, idiot.

>Yes it is.

no, not every human relationship is a compromise.

>There are? Lol

yes.

>A parasitic relationship is still a relationship I guess, what's your point? It's still not ideal.

ideal for whom? do you really have to guess?

underrated

>i have offered many possible solutions. learn to read.

Your "solutions" are comprised of nothing more than "self-help" bullshit that serves no purpose besides bottling up the pain and suffering in order to placate the other party in the relationshit.

you are saying that it is a normal experience for men to be stuck in relationships where they are abused? satisfy the burden of proof and show some sort of evidence that this is the norm.

I don't know how it works in the USA but here in Italy if a man and a woman live in a shared house and the woman claims(not proves, just claims) that the man slapped her, the man has to leave the house.

So fuck you, the law doesn't only protect women more, it literally allows them to abuse/blackmail men.

>Your "solutions" are comprised of nothing more than "self-help" bullshit that serves no purpose besides bottling up the pain and suffering in order to placate the other party in the relationshit.

no, my "solutions" are not.

where have i said that the law doesn't protect the women more, moron?

Nice trips.

Also, check the uniform crime statistics. That's a good start.

thanks buddy. trips trumps dubs.

google.com/search?q=define norm&oq=define norm&aqs=chrome..69i57.895j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It gets better, user.

no it doesnt happen frequently. its never happened lol. but ive always wondered what you're suppose to do when someone does go punching drywall, my dad used to do it a lot and i had nooooo idea what to do. i was just curious is all. thank you for the precious (You) and thought out response

its gotten worse as ive gotten older actually

i want it to end

Here ya go. All citations and links to sources are here:

batteredmen.com/NISVS.htm

want in one hand and shit in the other. see which fills up first.

if you really wanted it to end, you'd end it, liar.

>no, not every human relationship is a compromise.
Explain
>don't tell me what i am or am not. there are plenty of people in relationships that aren't reciprocal. you said so in your past posts.
Avoiding the discussion completly
>again you are telling me what i do. stop doing that.
Avoiding the discusssion completly
>that's a relationship. maybe what you mean is that it's not your personal ideal idea of a relationship?
>that's a relationship.
Why? Explain.

This whole thread you've done these two things over and over, either spouting bullshit opinions with no explanation or avoiding the discussion completely.

Just stop giving his (you)s

nowhere does this say that the norm for relationships is that men are stuck with abusive women.

>road rage
>breaking a steering wheel
See: This. Only women and faggots get pissed off at everything. Proper men know how to control their anger.

>what does the law protecting women more than men (what does this even mean?)
>(what does this even mean?)

Now you know what it means, faggot