Philosphers thread

Who is your favorite philosopher?

What is your favorite work? How has it impacted your thinking?

Mine is Plato.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3mzYKWDx6YI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Stefan Molyneux

youtube.com/watch?v=3mzYKWDx6YI

Absolutely destroyed my will to live.

Only one poster? Fine, let me tell you bitches about Plato. The allegory of the cave? Guess what... that shit actually happened. Some pregnant women were walking down a road one day when Plato jumped out of nowhere and punched those bitches so hard that the babies popped out. But he didn't stop there... he caught the little bastards in mid air and tossed 'em into this deep cave, then started this huge ass fire at the mouth of the cave using the corpses of the mothers as kindling (they wouldn't shut up about their babies for some reason). Then he guarded the cave entrance for like 20 years all while making crazy hand puppet shows in front of the fire to fuck with the kids' minds as they grew up (he also wrote The Republic and his other works during this time; he was widely regarded as a master of multitasking).

Finally one day one of the GAR kids comes out of the cave and battles Plato in hand to hand combat for his freedom and the freedom of the other kids. Of course he loses, but Plato likes his spirit and tells the kid he can go tell the others that they're free. So he goes back and describes the whole battle and the outside world to the other kids and they're too chickenshit to leave because it sounds too scary, and despite his best efforts, the brave kid can't convince them, so he goes back outside and he and Plato head out to Athens to bang some hot ancient Greek women.

Oh, and the kid's name? Aristotle.

Nietzsche

His Ubermensch philosophy helped me get out of nihilism and brought a sense of purpose and the will to power to my life.

Continental faggots need to GTFO.

Tie between Russell and Kripke.

Hegel.
Philosophy ends with him.

Nice digits leaf

Ted Kaczynski is pretty great

Diogenes told Alexander to move his shadow from his barrel

>THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Stefan molyneux. Guy is a machine, making videos,podcasts,twitter observation,books, lectures and slaying non arguments on the daily

yesterday, he stated that he is still in his infancy.

Augustine, Contra Academicos.

We have a similar life.

Why did even have such large barrels

Diogenes is the shit.

MARX

i really liked spiro the dragon
The lvl where he fights the doomloopers and rescues his fairy form harm

Heidegger. Just enough existentialism to make me ask myself why I wanted to live without needing to make Kierkegaard's leap of faith.

They really liked wine. Seems comfy imo

St. Augustine destroys Plato in City of God. He turns Plato into a squishy, malleable kid's toy.

Also, St. Augustine is my favorite philosopher.

Based mexican. You tell em Paco.

Use a proxy and get a different flag you fucking faggot.

St. John Chrysostom.

The la lei lu lei lo?

Same. He's the first philosopher that dragged me into philosophy. After hearing some of his audiobooks from Youtube, I was truly mindblown.

This.

Hegel, encyclopedia of sciences
his theory of subjective spirit (mind) was 200 years ahead
plus the whole work, last system made by one man with potential to explain everything

Alan Watts
>Placed in an occidental frame the essential ideas of oriental religions
>Helped me contextualise an experience I once had that turned me inside out
>an experience of the ineffable and beautiful love that is both within us all and without us.
>as a materialist, he showed me the value of an idealistic outlook
>Reminded me more than anyone of Socrates' 'wonder is the beginning of philosophy'
>Showed me the value of the integrated man, one who has accepted both the good and evil in his heart