Post your best burns

post your best burns

i had to

you first

>Thomas may be your father but he ain't your daddy!

Came here to post this.

I wish I saved the Myspace edit. Thought would have quadrupled the absolute assrape Cap delivered.

Morrison says he gave Millar the best Superman idea he'd ever had for the ending of Red Son. I've always wanted to think it was this moment, but it was most likely the time-travel shenanigans.

One of the few bright spots in an otherwise terrible event.

who has the storytime edit?

That's just being a dick for no reason

classic

>shit talks plastic man
>gets btfo by batman
Firestorm deserved it

Did they kill her?

That was a good troll.

Just read this entire thing. It's probably been discussed to death but the level of quality appears to drop significantly with each issue.

Perfect

Because it does, at least that's the feeling i have as well.

I feel like i'm missing something, Batman isn't laughing and he never done it to impress people.

I don't get it

I can guarantee you're missing a whole lot.

This is just a manchild living his power fantasy through comic books

Did you even read the comic?

Maybe, i'm not recognizing the comic.

Just in case this isn't bait,
Thats not Batman speaking in the outlined text balloon, thats hal jordan. He admits he isn't altruistic, or at least doesn't think he is, he admits he does heroic stuff to impress other people. Batman, who never laughs, finds this so funny he breaks up off panel, despite being in the middle of an invasion of para daemons.
Hal is understandably butthurt.

that's a goodun

of course.

Not baiting, genuinely didn't know.
So the image was edited?

>BUENO
>bueno
>bueno

In this universe, Superman was raised in a totalitarian society, and alongside android!Brainiac (long story, he was seemingly reprogammed to be helpful in this universe) put his ideology into action when he conquered Earth (non-violently). He established a global Soviet Union where Superman and Brainiac controlled every little thing of every person's life. Crime and accidents were at all time lows. There was no homelessness, no starvation, and no unemployment. The only exception to the Global Soviet Union was the United States under President Luthor, which had stayed independent; Brainiac kept urging Superman to subdue it violently, but he always refused. In fact Superman's only regret in this universe was that he wasn't able to stop Brainiac sooner, and that to this day he still hasn't found a way to restore the city of Stalingrad after Brainiac shrank it and bottled it in his usual MO.

In the last stretch of the story shit happens and the Soviet Union and USA go to war. President Luthor deploys a super sci-fi fleet and an army of super beings including Wonder Woman and Doomsday, but Superman and Brainiac brush them all off easily. Everything else he tried had failed, so Luthor resorted to his secret weapon: a small handwritten note. Pictured above.

He specifically used the imagery of a bottle to call back to Stalingrad (in-universe) and Kandor (for the readers). The people of Kandor/Stalingrad are helpless. They have no power to defend or provide for themselves, they are totally subject to the whims of an all-powerful alien who controls everything. Luthor basically said that Superman's Soviet Union was little different. In that moment, the moment of his final triumph, Superman realized that he was a monster who was shrinking humanity just as Brainiac had shrunk Kandor. Brainiac in almost all continuities is Superman's arch-enemy and one of the most evil beings in the universe, so equating them is about the worst thing you could say to Supes.

>nothing left worth saving here

That's an oddly specific reference to post without contest.
Cheers mate

What a fun guy.

Anyone have that panel where one character mentions how stupid the Guardians are by saying "These are the same people who had the audacity to be surprised when a guy named Sinestro turned out be sinister."

the absolute state of spoonfeeders

Red Son is something you should check out.

SHOT THROUGH THE HEART!!

It's clearer if the next page is posted, since Superman turns to Brainiac (whose whole gimmick is shrinking cities to put them in bottles) and flat-out says: "I'm no better than you were, Brainiac. Just an alien bullying a less-developed species, and it's morally unjustifiable."

That's what I call a good fisting

:-)

oh hey, it's fanboy adventures

No, it was not edited.

You're just an idiot.

Dude, can't you see where the dialog boxes point at?

He's right you know.

classy luthor

Personally I hate endings like that where it is a time loop. I think it would have been a better ending if he landed in Kansas.

That's what cape comics are, smarty-pants

Why is it the second Batman gets powers he goes batshit crazy?

Man I am such a sucker for neat-o paneling like that

Because he can actually do something meaningful for once without asspulls.

What comic is this from?

> next page
> watcher opens Hank Pym's door
> "YOU ARE NO LONGER THE BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG NAMED HANK, HENRY PYM"
> "oh my god i'm so happy I could make another robot right now"
> "YOU ARE NO LONGER *CURRENTLY* THE BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG NAMED HANK, DON'T PUSH IT"

Bitch Baby Batman #212

Why hasn't Aquaman just straight up strangled Black Manta yet?

superman/batman #55

Thanks!

What he do?

Later cap went to her cell and rape the shit out of her, while reading her all the leftist twits about muh freedom and muh democracy.

whos he fighting?

One would say that as someone who has gone through it four times and has the experience of bad things happening, he would be the leading authority on child saftey. No one goes into anything perfect. You learn from both successes and mistakes.

Basically, if the guy who, in the past, had no problem recruiting children even after one of them lost their life tells you that it isn't safe anymore, maybe he knows what he's talking about.

No, he is not Dick, he is Bruce

Brought the O5 from the past into the present to teach Scott a lesson, possibly fucking up the timeline forever

I've always asked this question whenever a hero's life gets fucked beyond reparation by another individual. You know, the kind of thing that kills your loved ones in front of you.
I understand that not every person goes an eye for an eye, and that there are some pure hearts out there. But sometimes I seriously ask myself how much a hero can take before he snaps like a normal human being.
I get that if a character like that took the revenge path his figure would get stained, and the ideal of "hero" he represents would not look as pure as cape-comics want to (specially DC). But still sometimes I wonder, would it be that bad for a character if he was allowed to get reasonably blinded by rage, even just once? I guess the public wouldn't look at that character the same way.

The ex-hubby of Silver Sable.
I believe he calls himself Foreigner.
He moonlights as an artist.

If there is anyone that needs that kind of catharsis from Black manta, Its fucking aquaman.
Even if its just a oneoff, out of of continuity graphic novel where he enacts a convoluted plan to get black manta alone in a room where they kick the shit out of each other and he manages to cut out mantas heart or cut off his head.
Or better yet, he beats him then it cuts to arthur curry locking a stuffed manta in his treasure vault.

Is plastic man immortal now? How is he 3000 years old all of a sudden?

A sea witch did it.

>Why is it the second Batman gets powers he goes batshit crazy?

So that the writers can make the excuse to put the comic back into status quo.

ADMIT IT, YOU ARE LITERALLY THE WORST

VILLAIN

EVERRRRRR

Because he's always been batshit crazy. He dresses up like a bat and fights guys who could literally kill him by looking at him the wrong way.

Nevermind. Moore haters usually do nothing but project their themselves onto him.

Fuck, that pun was not intended.

Is everyone reading JLI now since the omnius came out?

DAAAAAYUM!

it feels like you're missing so much brain cells man....................