This movie didn't deserve to flop

This movie didn't deserve to flop
What went wrong?

Somebody post it.

It had really good animation but Disney is always top notch on that regard, so it's not exactly mind-blowing.

I don't know, I've always felt the story was sort of... forgettable? The pacing was pretty bad too.

There isn't really a central villain (except maybe Scroop), and so the whole thing is more about the relationship between Jim and Silver rather than the adventure.

As a result, the film isn't as action-packed as people were perhaps expecting it to be. Hell, the black hole and the collapsing treasure dimension are the only two big action setpieces in the whole thing.

The Martin Short robot character is also kind of annoying, but he's only in two scenes or so, so he isn't that bad.

Captain Amelia needed more screen time

remove that fucking robot at the end and its a great movie

This was at the time that CGI was becoming the big thing. Sure there were some CG films during the 90's (the first two Toy Story films, A Bugs Life, Antz), but the first Shrek was what really jumpstarted it at a mainstream level and pushed everyone to ditch theatrical releases of traditional animation.

Treasure Planet came out a full year and a half after Shrek, and by that time the effects were really being felt.

I gotchu senpai

>that blurry fucking quality
What am I supposed to be looking at here?

>imgur filename
An epin r*ddit/Sup Forums screenshot, I'd say.

Found a better one.

Making Amelia settle down with Doppler and have babies was an insult to the character

Amelia kinda craps out at the end of the movie. She gets wounded and then has absolutely no effect on the rest of the plot.

I didn't even know about this movie until a friend of mine told me about it years after it released. Maybe it was under promoted?

Not enough diversity

When it came out, the ads made it look like a lame attempt to cash in on X-treme skateboarding and shit. The name sounded fucking lame, too (and still does). As for the 3D/2D crap, the commercials all looked like they were trying to trace 3D with 2D.

All in all, the ads made it look like out-of-touch old people trying too hard to make a quick buck off a fad they'd already missed, with some soulless crap. It did not look like something you'd actually want to go see.

>The name sounded fucking lame, too (and still does)
I mean I don't know what you expected them to name a Treasure Island story in space

every Treasure Island adaption that tries to give Long John Silver a redemption arc deserves to fail in my opinion.

Idiot burgers who'd been conditioned to only classify animation as either bland kiddieshit or muh edgy cynical drugs n pussy shit with a giant neon sign flashing "18+". They reject anything in between, like this film and Titan A.E.

>everyone lotion
Good choice for fapping.

Well, it was Muskers//Clements passion project that was being postponed for like 10 years, fits your description to a T.

it's sad to know we will never have a decent action figure of her...