What is it about Venture Bros that keeps the fanbase alive and hyped up for every new season no matter the gap...

What is it about Venture Bros that keeps the fanbase alive and hyped up for every new season no matter the gap, while other shows go a few months without content and everything dies ?

Besides Mike Tyson Mysteries it's pretty much the only good thing running on Adult Swims.

Because its consistently high quality and its one of the only animated shows on a network that is clearly a labor of love by the creators.

I can say with utmost certainty, that Venture Bros is the best animated show ever made. Not even my former favourite — Avatar: the Last Airbender — can compete with it. I could wait 50 years for such a high quality show.

they've been around for 10+ years. Most of the fanbase have probably mellowed out and have lives.

Yeah when a new season of Venture Bros starts everyone gets hyped, talks about the season then its over and everyone goes 'Welp see ya in a year or two' without making tons of memes or conplaining its over.

>I can say with utmost certainty, that Venture Bros is the best animated show ever made
This man is 100% correct

this so much, I have seen maybe one or two memes come out of the venture bros and they've never reached cancer levels

There's so little material the fanbase isn't driven to a frenzy anytime new content comes out.

Without sounding like too much of a hipster i think its because its not that popular in terms of the mainstream

because it's just fucking good, there are not many shows that are like this

They always produce quality shit also the fanbase seems to keep things pretty low key until new episodes air so there is really no dumbass memes or over exposure to the existing content. On another note anyone hoping they do another short like the shallow gravy thing? I was thinking it would be neat if they did a true crime/unsolved mysteries type thing about what happened to professor cadmium.

it doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator and respects it self. That's what both keeps it alive and "pure" if you will. Yes it's funny, yes it has gags and jokes but it never fucks up it's lore for some throw away gag, it never wastes a whole episode to drill some random meme word or idea into the community. Take that with it's high production runs and quality of writing, and you get a fairly normal fanbase that will enjoy your materials, praise your work, and will come back for more while not try and make it a cult thing.

It's certainly one of my favorite animated shows. After watching scattered episodes throughout my youth I decided to finally watch from the beginning last week. I had never known that there was an actually fleshed out story to the show. I've just finished season one and I would have to say that is probably what makes this show so strong. The fact that it was more than just a parody of a cultural era, it had actual breadth to what happened within its sphere. There was this part in the 12th episode that pulls back to Brock accidentally killing a kid in college and the stress caused him to run away to his dorm room where he tells Rusty about getting a call that his dad had died. This whole sequence itself is a call back to a scene 4 episodes earlier where Rusty mentions that he passed Chemistry with marks because his dad died. That whole connection just blew me away, and I'm only on the first fucking season. As I progress I am sure the series will build up even more.

So if I had to give a personal reason for why Venture Bros is so fantastic, it's because they truly know how to combine impeccable writing with characters that have life in them. The great humor and animation are just the cherry on top.

Venture Bros is the only show that makes me genuinely care for and love every character. The way they flesh out side characters is so wonderful.

I can't name one character I hate.

Dean clone slug

I mean, the whole orb thing pretty much ended in a gag

Damn son, you're about to start one of the best seasons of animated television ever made for the first time while also paying attention to the massive number of callbacks it has. I'm genuinely envious.

thank God he died. As for OP's question, all of the valid reasons have been said. The show is mature without being edgy (in the modern sense of the word), well animated, well written, with amazing characters and interactions. It's the best animated show I've ever seen. All of these lead to a comfy, mature fanbase

>two heads ARE better than one

Not that guy, but I think his point is while the show is funny and has good jokes the writing dosen't really lower its self to gags and phrases that the fanbase can repeat ad nauseum and make stupid memes out of.

I have never seen a Venture Bros thread here in like 20 days.

I know, I've only seen episode 1 of season 2 and I already know I'm in for some gooooood shit.

I think SPANIKOPITA is probably the only seriously meme-worthy thing I can think of.

That's the point, the fans aren't constantly talking about it, but don't disappear. I can't say that their aren't obsessive weirdos in the fan base only that they will wait 2 to 3 years for the next bit of content.

What does that have to do with anything?

Nothing, I was wanting to say that all day, I got sick of waiting for an opportunity

I don't know, man. When I go back to my hometown and see my old friends again, we inevitably start hollering "MECHA SHIVA MECHA SHIVA MECHA SHIVA" at least once or twice

It's a genuinely good show with a lot of mystery and development.
The fanbase isn't huge but we've sorta committed at this point and barring that Jack or Doc die on us we know they'll deliver eventually.
Hankface and Pennies were a thing for a bit.

My only gripe about Venture Bros is how the quality of the physical releases have decreased over the years.

Season 1 and 2 were the greatest DVD sets I've ever seen in my life. I knew that the most recent release was shit before I even opened it.

Shit I mean 3 was great too. I included it in the picture but forgot about it in the text

Its just so damn good. The continuity, the range of topics they use for humor, the characters...

I'll mention how long I've been waiting if I hear a Steven Universe fan bitch about a 4-month hiatus but beyond that I talk about the off-season with anticipation for the upcoming one, not with anger at how long I've been waiting.

Because it's high quality. Even its worst seasons are still pretty good.

I really dont get the hype for Avatar.
Its a good show, competently to very well written at times.
But its literally a watered down version of whatever pan-asian mythos.
Am I missing something here?
Because outside of that the animation and everything else doesn't make me want to say "yep, gotyay".

>IGNORE ME!
>Mecha-Shiva!
That's really about it. But the thing is, these are singular episode memes that don't come back. The Grand Galactic Inquisitor was for that episode only. Mecha-Shiva was for that episode only. So they stick around just long enough to be funny and potentially meme worthy, then exit the stage.

Kids starved for some quality.

absence makes the heart grow fonder

Because the season are great with no single episode in any being less than "good" and the gaps are always of a consistent of 2 to 2 1/2 years

>Is that Henrietta Pussycat? Come on man, thats out childhood!

The animation is flat-out better than 90% of cartoons you'll see this day and age. It's not groundbreaking or anything but for a kid's show it's phenomenal. That's mainly why people liked it so much I think - it's a kid's show made for ten year olds. They could cut every corner in the book and they chose not to instead, and the show benefited for it.

It's pretty much like you said: Good, but overhyped to shit. I was in junior high when it came out and even then I didn't really get the hype even though a few other kids my age apparently loved it.

I think that has to do with season 1 and 2 coming out a time before the supremacy of streaming.

Avatar isn't over hyped. It was well made and unlike anything else on the channel at the time. A lot of people like it for good reason and still talk about it because it's a significant part of television animation and Nickelodeon's many achievements

It has the recognition it deserves.

>What's that Heinrietta? You want to wash me down... there?

fuck you.

The Comedy!

Meow meow meow

Because I know for a fact that when I start watching the newest season that I'll absolutely enjoy it. The writers have never disappointed before and the show is always worth the wait.