ADAPT TO THIS

>ADAPT TO THIS

Is there any reason why he couldn't?

Why put in a character who would obviously be too useful then 'kill' him?

Then again this is the same series where Quicksilver could have solved the problem in DOTP in 5 seconds if they brought him along.

>Is there any reason why he couldn't?
Everyone has limits?

Bad writing

because he was black

It's an explosion. Show me a material that can adapt to an explosion.

How the fuck do you "adapt" a nuke being shoved down your mouth?

the real reason? this
>SONY MOVIE
>adapt to this
>OH NO BLACK GUY, WE BARELY EVEN KNEW YE
>MARVEL MOVIE
>ADAPT TO THIS
>OK
>GULP
>HA HAAA!
>I CAN'T BELIEVE HE DID THIS
>STAY TUNED FOR MY STAND ALONE MOVIE NEXT YEAR
>AUDIENCE CLAPS

If he is a mutant that adapts to his surroundings then why is he a black man living in the 60s?

the worst thing is, how was Shaw killed with a coin when he absorbs kinetic energy?
it should have done him any harm

they usually beat him with stuff like electricity or psychic attacks

In the comics he adapts by temporarily gaining the ability to teleport.

Magneto's control of the coin required him to be manipulating magnetic fields around it. Shaw's molecules got fucked by this and it only seemed like the coin was cutting him

He'd teleport away. That's what his power does when he faces something that can't be adapted to.

Really? Thas's so cool. Now im angry that they just niggered him in the movie.

It's also not a conscious thing, if he had to fight the Hulk he'd just get teleported away too instead of becoming stronger and stronger.

Comics wise that may make sense but in the movie he has only been shown to adapt his physical constitution, he could not just spontaneously be made to teleport.

In the comics he's basically immortal

I see this every thread

he must have some conscious control over it. if not, gravity would not effect him.

Xaviors mindlock, would then have stopped any failsafes.

Alternatively, you can make the weird argument of kinetic vs potential energy. the coin was not actively moving... it was being pushed by electromagnetism... so... was potential energy, not kinetic..

would his ability trigger even under Charles' mind control/block?

What on earth are you talking about?

He wasn't omega level in this continuity.

No, the worst thing was Xavier getting crippled because Mags had to be sassy when deflecting a bullet.

>power is he can adapt to everything
>is a black in the 60s

Empire Strikes Back wasn't even fucking out yet, and even Vader made sure that he wasn't deflecting at really obtuse angles in case any of his dudes were behind him.
Why not just stop the fucking bullets?

His blackness isn't a direct threat to him at any point in the film. If there'd been a scene with him infiltrating a Klan rally it might be a different story

Obviously he was just meant to show Shaw as a threat, but I really did expect him to show up in later movies.

He only did the teleport thing in a tie in to an Event that wasn't written by any of this main writers

It hasn't shown up again since

He contained the explosion then turned into pure energy being

He did adapt. He turned into pure energy.

Apparently, the original plan was that he DID adapt, by becoming a bullshit energy being, and was set to return in the next movie. Then DoFP happened and everything from First Class got binned.

That was in the comics.

power levels

and every thread it has a point

It also looked like he turned into pure energy in the movie too. He just didn't show up again. I can only imagine he was like "Fuck this shit I'm out."

He did. By becoming a being of pure energy. He just hasn't learned how to Dr Manhattan himself back together.

That's my head canon at least.

I'm still reeling from the decision to kill the only black character for no fucking reason

It's a movie. Being a black person in a movie is an instant "this person will die" red flag.

It's the oldest trick in the book for a writer to establish a great entity and then have it defeated in order to establish the tension of a threat. It's why Superman and Thor job as much as they do when outside of their own stories. The easiest way for a lazy writer to make you say "this guy is no joke" is to take what you believe to be is the top and break it down.

Darwin introduced himself as a character that can't be beaten. If that didn't immediately tell you he was going to die you just simply don't understand how action adventure/ capeshit stories are told.

Angel Salvadore was played by a black actress

what did he mean by this?

Because Mags had to be responsible for Xavier getting crippled (but not directly because people need to like Magneto in this continuity), to manufacture drama!

Autism Man strikes again

>WOah this guy TOOk DOwn VEGETA I wonder if GOku and pals can stop him?????

Essentially this?

Well, they never showed him blowing up, so maybe he teleported himself away and everyone just assumed he got disintegrated.

If you were going for a “Black guy must die first” thing then I agree

Pretty much how all DBZ arcs start. Hell, look at the popular shonen manga series like Naruto or Bleach to see the same thing occur where the main character gets defeated and then later comes back STRONGER THAN BEFORE!

Hell, even One Piece has had this same situation unfold where Luffy is taken out by the arc villain (Water 7 is a prime example) only to return with a new ability later to defeat the villain.

It's a classic writing technique to build tension and present a challenge that the main character must somehow overcome.

Because then the studio might have to pay for more than two effects for the character.

I am pretty sure it's unconscious
as in, you can't kill him by shooting him while he sleeps

But the guy putting the nuke clearly had power to adapt to it , the guy was basically a better Darwin, plus plenty of people survive a casual beam from havoc/Cyclops it's not nuke level or they would both would blow up cities by puberty

Because he wasn't in immediate danger yet.
If he's about to get lynched by the Klan, he'll probably adapt by changing skin color or whatever bullshit reason you want

>character's power is to literally not die
>dies to show off the villain's power

Some high level jobbing. But yeah it was complete bullshit.

He adapted himself out of the movie.

Why did he let him put that in there? He's mouth is not forced open plus what made him swallow it ? why not spit it out?

Darwin was once shot with a gun designed to kill anything with a nervous system. he turned into a sponge and then turned back

Idiots like you are why we get pic related

>well wolverine can heal so why can't heal from getting incinerated?

Maybe he's gay

He did now he's and angel.

is this the face of Sup Forums fags?

That's bad because we have already seen the upper limits of how fast Wolverine regenerates, nowhere before had it been instantaneous. This was bad because we saw how instantaneous he adapts, and there didn't seem to be a logical bound. The dude held his breathe for like two seconds underwater and instantly grew gills.

TL;DR the entire movie series forgets logic when convenient for plot

you need at least one decade of power creep to be able to handle that

>introduce a character with actually unique and interesting powers
>kill him

bad movie

>growing gills is the same as surviving a mini nuke inside your body

>there didn't seem to be a logical bound

Well there doesn't seem to be a logical bound to what Jean can move with her TK but you don't see her moving the moon unless she is getting PHOENIXED

>mini nuke
>The energy from Havoc's blast

Ignoring that, I am confused about your stance here.

In the comics Wolverine's regenerating from incineration is bullshit because we as the audience have seen him take damage and heal at rate much slower than that constantly. It's the "rubber-band" power creep. Jean Grey also suffers from it in the comics, ergo you must also think it's bullshit.

In the movies Jean Grey gets actively brain fucked by Prof. X, and spends most of the franchise with relatively weak TK and TP. Darwin shows an ability that's pretty vague, but he instantly morphs his biology to fucking breath underwater instantly or into rock and it's implied he can do more, which pretty fucking broken power wise. What makes the scene stupid is that if you can instantly change your flesh into whatever, how does an explosion kill you. Also he just kinda does nothing to keep Shaw from shoving his balls into his mouth.

>how does an explosion kill you

By being stronger than anything you can turn into. How is this hard to understand?

>b-b-b-b-b-b-but

No. You're wrong. Don't bring Darwin's comic power level into this. Don't extrapolate. Don't make shit up. Movie Darwin had a limit to his power and Shaw overloaded it. It's that simple.

>Also he just kinda does nothing to keep Shaw from shoving his balls into his mouth.

Now that's a legitimate complaint.

>camera pans to darwin when he talks about slavery

Small cock

First of all, this was Fox, not Sony.

Second, you shouldn't have greentexted Sony Movie and Marvel Movie. And an extra space between "We barely even knew ye" and Marvel Movie would have helped break up your two ideas better.

BINGO

>basically a better Darwin,
No, he absorbs energy. He can't grow gills to keep from drowning.

>ADAPT TO THIS YOU FUCKING NIGGER
Wow, how do they keep getting away with this?

You act like X-Men movies wasting characters is anything new. They're basically a parade of cameos meant to distract X-Fags from its faults

the raimi cut of first class is incredible

>Then again this is the same series where Quicksilver could have solved the problem in DOTP in 5 seconds if they brought him along.
which problem?
> i dont read comics the post

>Apparently, the original plan was that he DID adapt, by becoming a bullshit energy being, and was set to return in the next movie. Then DoFP happened and everything from First Class got binned.
source/more details?

>Darwin's mutation is to adapt to best survive any situation
>He's a black guy in the United States in the 1960s

>Hell, even One Piece has had this same situation unfold where Luffy is taken out by the arc villain (Water 7 is a prime example) only to return with a new ability later to defeat the villain.

The sad thing is, it didn't used to pull this kind of shit. When Luffy faced Crocodile he nearly ended up dead in each altercation and only managed to make it out because of sheer dumb luck or planning. There wasn't some magical asspull ability to swoop in and save him, it was literally just him going "Wait fuck, wet stuff should totally fuck up the sand guy. Let's try it.". Sadly these days the concept of strategizing in any action show is so rare that now any show that actually tries it is automatically hailed as good regardless of how shit it really is.

Luffy’s final fight with Crocodile also has one of my favorite reasons for counter-acting a power. Luffy’s water tank ran out/broke so he could no longer solidify Crocodile to hit him. But then Luffy is able to punch him because Crocodile is being solidified by LUFFY’S OWN BLOOD from his bloody hands and body.

The right amount of ridiculous and awesome that you want in a comic.

>Everyone else gets a cool moment to showcase their powers
>The best they can do with Darwin is some shitty looking fish gills
Red flags if I ever saw em'.

woah...

Hmm

really makes the nog jog

I was baffled at the scene where Sebastian asked Magneto to recite the 14 words while giving him flashback of the extended cut, where instead of shooting his mother he forces the two nazi soldiers to rape her while yelling "Kikes are not bikes, only ride them once and then put 'em in spikes."
Seeing Eric breaking into tears and yell "We must secure the existence of our people and future for MUTANT children" as he pushed the coin into Shaw's head was pretty messed up and really drove home the point of Magneto being a mistreated minority turned into another Hitler-like supremacist figure, but then he pocketed the coin and smiled to the camera, a clear nod to his jewish roots.
Different times, man.

Why did he swallow it?

Which is fucking stupid considering they were in New England. At that latitude someone with his power should be white, or at least "Mediterranean" in skintone.

I want to read more about Shaw. What's a good recommendation to pick up?

He was a black man in a movie. Not even having the power to not die could save him from being the first death

Adamantium