Are powerlevels relevant to you when discussing the quality of a cape comic?

Are powerlevels relevant to you when discussing the quality of a cape comic?

Only when they get too fucktarded and interfere with the quality of the story by having it descend into a dick measuring contest between the characters

Powerlevels are irrelevant to me. I don't really care for consistency in trivial shit such as that as long as the writing is good

Red has canonically lost to at least three other MCs. He's not even the toughest trainer in his home region anymore. What's he doing on this list?

Powerlevel threads are sometimes just excuses to do a crossover. It's why I prefer OMM over DB, even if my favorite character loses, the pre and post battle interactions are my bread and butter. Death battle just strips them of their character personality traits and have them fight, which ruins the fun.

To be honest he was using a Pikachu, Lapras, etc those times and the pic specifically states he's using Legendary pokemon from all the franchise, so him being supposedly the most skilled trainer ever in control of beings that can literally warp time and space can be made a case for.

In-universe, sure. Especially in trying to figure out character possibilities or motivations for certain actions, and especially for establishing threat levels. When you get a grasp of what the limit of character you can see how uniquely they can use it, and understand context when they go beyond in certain situations. Power Levels in a setting where high levels of fictional powersets are thrown around are absolutely relevant, otherwise we as the audience have no starting point and no high point to establish why it's important to the world.

Even if it's something as simple as 'how strong is that fucking dragon killing the army?' it's most certainly relevant.

>Red has canonically lost to at least three other MCs.

He never uses legendaries though.

So how powerful, unironically, is fanwank batman? Is he like darkseid or thanos level (with all the gadgets and the AL equation)

Gigabrock wins, then goes home and gets on top of his wife.

>him being supposedly the most skilled trainer ever
But he's not though. That's my point

>He never uses legendaries though.
Neither did the MCs in two of them.

No. All Star Superman deliberately makes him powerful to a ridiculous degree and its still a great book.

I've seen more people get bored of weak street levelers, ironically, than people hate something cause it's too powerful.

Power levels are fairly meaningless in capeshit because writers themselves don't give a crap.

I just started Gurren Lagann and I’m guessing kamina is going to die huh

crushing her into a singularity.

tfw I have tfw that despite Brock being unimaginably huge, he's still an ant to STTGL.

Yeh

>Batman has the Anti-Life Equation
>a formula for total control over the minds of sentient beings
>literally mind controls everybody into either becoming zombie servants or killing themselves

I mean, is there literally any defense to total mind control that can't be blocked or deflected, that can be instantly activated and used across any distance?

Omnipotence? Which some characters like Doom (in this image) arguably have. I do think he fucks over peopel who have no immunity to that or are just super strong like Jiren.

Yaweh or Harui wins, Both completely control any who enter their respected universes.

>Both completely control any who enter their respected universes
Not Yaweh. He is weak as fuck in the bible.

Saitama wins because that's the joke
He literally can't lose to anyone and is very upset about it and should be left out of power level discussions

>no flash
suppose taking out the obvious winner is a good way to start

>Not Yaweh. He is weak as fuck in the bible.
No he can control other's but often chooses not to. Remember in Exodus he "hardens the pharaohs heart" and makes it so he doesn't let the jews out of Egypt?

Haruhi can literally erase people from existence just thinking about it. All the rest would need at least fighting for it.
Only Dr Manhattan could defeat her.

One could argue God (Yahweh) could be a good match, but besides being a bipolar douche, he is mostly lawful good/neutral, while Haruhi is pretty much Chaotic Neutral.
God can't erase anyone because it breaks the free will rule. At the entirety of Bible he always got caught by that limitation. It fact, it's the only reason Abraham got him to "spare" Sodom

Doom with IG can do the same though can't he?

Yea but he can't die. There's no way to beat him, at least not that I'm aware of. He has no physical form, he exists everywhere. The only way to take him out would be to destroy all of existance. I don't really know about the powers of the weeb characters here but it sounds like the way this would go down is Batman defeats the others with the anti-life equation and then God smites him. Being Batman, he'll probably be able to dodge the lightning like he did Darkseid's omega beams, at which point God will just wait for him to die. Now, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the anti-life equation wouldn't work on God.

I'm really surprised that Doctor Manhattan isn't on the list

>He has no physical form, he exists everywhere
The actual biblical god isn't like this. He has a physical form and he isn't omnipresent. He is a guy with powers like every other god

Dr Manhattan would arguably be the most powerful character in this lot.

easily kirby.

STTGL with Kamina as the co-pilot.
That is absolutely disgusting.

It's easier to pinpoint who doesn't even have a chance.
Sora would be dead in a second facing several of these characters, same with Red, Hulk, and Ben.

Not counting alien x use, but what about the use of Relect or Stop?

You realize the infinity gauntlet literally turns you into a singularity right?

You wot, Red and Ben would be upper tiers in this list. The low tiers are Brock, Hulk, Naruto, Luke, Sora.

>Red
Pretty darn low on the list. Most of the characters can easily deal with most Pokemon, the only Legendaries I can see being a problem are Giratina and the Mews.
>Ben
I haven't seen much Ben 10 but I seem to remember him having transformation sequences, so he has the same problem most magical girls have, his attacks and powers aren't instant, and he could be taken out while in a weaker state. Plus he's not bloodthirsty and quick to kill putting him at a disadvantage.

>High Tier:
Haruhi
Kirby
Doom
Yahweh
Saitama
Batman (with those conditions)

>Mid Tier
Superman
Sonic
Sephiroth
Ben
Gurren Lagann

>Low Tier:
Sora
Hulk
Luke
Red
Ben

>No idea about source material Tier:
Dio
Neravarine
Brock
Naruto
Jiren

>Most of the characters can easily deal with most Pokemon
I imagine Yveltal could be a problem to non-magical beings

>his attacks and powers aren't instant
The transformation sequences are just for show. They're basically instantaneous. At least in OV they are, they didnt make many sequences in that one. Also, obligatory Alien X mention.

You forgot Arceus in Red's repertoire, also isn't Giratina incredibly powerful?

Nah, Saitama dies like a little bitch. He's mid-tier at best in this battle. He probably couldn't even take Hulk or Kirby. No, the real movers and shakers in this fight are Doom, Batman, Yahweh (who'd probably win) and Haruhi.

>also isn't Giratina incredibly powerful?
It's literally one of the three I mentioned being good. Arceus has great base stats and that's it.
>Yveltal
Didn't think about this one, it's Pokedex entry basically says it takes down who ever kills it and uses their life force to be reborn. Pretty good might bump Red up to mid tier because of it.

>Arceus has great base stats and that's it.
Arceus is implied to have the power to reshape the universe.

>yahweh
>literally cited as omniscient (Isa. 66:18), omnipotent (Gen. 17:1), and omnipresent (Ps. 139:7-12).
Yeah, he's gonna win.
>bu-but Saitama!
Only omnipotence.
>bu-but Haruhi!
Sure, she's God, but a limited manifestation, always in one place. So omnipotence and omniscience, but no omipresence.

Bible feats only m8, not character statements which are fallible.

Where in game or Pokemon Special does he have the power to reshape it? We're going solely game or manga wise here since Red is a game and manga character only.

Kirby. By himself he could probably win. BUT if he swallowed and copied ability? Game over, not even close

Gurren Laggan wins immediately. Its not even fair.

except the anti life equation cant exist. because it attempts tp prove something that is wrong

Doom would beat him.

There's te weird event in HGSS. Also, mystery dungeon Sky, Arceus prevented the world of the future from being erased due to time travel shenanigans. Even Dialga couldn't do that.

Lets go full meme
Chuck Norris wins

>Batman
>has acces to green, red, yellow and white lantern ring...with luck he can use the green or yellow at one time
>has access to mother boxes and boom tubes...why would he need more than a mother box and he would be extremely lucky if a mother box respond to him.
>can activate all omacs...I would assume he can activate brother eye who will proceed to fuck batman in the ass
>has access to the anti life equation...and what will he do with it? if he tries to use it he will become an imbecile darkseid drone
Who the fuck thought this?

Wow, that's a rough way to come across a spoiler.

Powerlevels need to be contained to fight-centric stories, where the conclusions are reached by winning fights.

Also Batman with access to Apokolips technnology is bad enough without him also having access to 4 lantern rings.

>powerlevels
go be a faggot elsewhere

>him
Someone doesn't know what Gurren Laggan is

At least post the right one OP, geez

Brock wins in that case.

But user powerlevels are the only reason to read cape comics.

Too memey and on the nose, the op's is better.

Squirrel Girl wins

Lain wins. We all love Lain.

>guts
Should have also put that Casca, the witch and the one with short hair are about to be raped

What's he gonna do, cut off his other three limbs?

the world over heaven literally erases what you did, it has no weakness, wich means that its actually weak to jotaro

bump

Giga Jon Jones would've been better.